Actually, I meant D.C.L. as in Deviously Cursed Loot. Finally "free" from restraints. Sorry for the confusion there.

mybrainhurts, I ran into a couple issues.

After speaking to the jarl and performing, when I entered the house to return to Theanna, I "fell" in. After the load screen I fell for a couple seconds, and then everything was fine.

I spoke to her and got the quest to get Jesper. No Jala (I think that's what her name was) at this point in this version?

When I fast traveled to Solitude, I got stuck in a weird space.

It looked as though I was outside solitude, but the door opened to skyrim. I exited, then went back in and everything was fine.

After returning with jesper, everyone just stands around. Quest "return to theanna" is checked as complete, but no further dialog, and no quest advance.

I tried waiting for 2 hrs, leaving and coming back, waiting 24 hrs..... but no luck.

I used Mod Organizer, it's on the bottom of the list, clean save, and fnis was ran. Any suggestions as to what I may have screwed up?

Actually, I meant D.C.L. as in Deviously Cursed Loot. Finally "free" from restraints. Sorry for the confusion there.

After speaking to the jarl and performing, when I entered the house to return to Theanna, I "fell" in. After the load screen I fell for a couple seconds, and then everything was fine.

I spoke to her and got the quest to get Jesper. No Jala (I think that's what her name was) at this point in this version?

It looked as though I was outside solitude, but the door opened to skyrim. I exited, then went back in and everything was fine.

After returning with jesper, everyone just stands around. Quest "return to theanna" is checked as complete, but no further dialog, and no quest advance.

I tried waiting for 2 hrs, leaving and coming back, waiting 24 hrs..... but no luck.

I used Mod Organizer, it's on the bottom of the list, clean save, and fnis was ran. Any suggestions as to what I may have screwed up?

Thanks for the feedback.

1. I have no idea why you would fall when entering the mansion. That's never happened to me.

2. Jala makes an appearance later in the mod. She does not appear in this release at all. Concerning Solitude, are you using ETAC by any chance? I've had the same thing happen to me on games without Animal Mansion but with ETAC.

3. The Jesper scene is tricky for some reason. You can kick start it by talking to Jesper after he's walked over to his bard marker. Just open up a dialogue with him, and then just tab out. Alternatively, you can use in the console "setstage na_mq_start 140" to bypass the scene entirely. The scene is an extended dialogue between Thaena, Jesper, and the Player just to set up an initial dynamic between the three of you. If you do advance the stage just talk to Thaena to start the next part of the quest.

Please discuss AMR on its own thread. That's what it's there for.

That's not advertising or discussing another mod, it's pointing at the difference to another mod that has the same starting point (follow up Animal Mansion).

The Jasper Scene is tricky for a reason.

He has the bard behaviour, meaning he will start at performing as soon as he enters the mansion. The ambiance dialogue start has a lower priority gamewise and has the condition that he is not engaged in another action.

Apart from stripping him off the bard behaviour and replacing him after the quest with a version that has this behaviour there is no sensible way around that issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

1. I have no idea why you would fall when entering the mansion. That's never happened to me.

2. Jala makes an appearance later in the mod. She does not appear in this release at all. Concerning Solitude, are you using ETAC by any chance? I've had the same thing happen to me on games without Animal Mansion but with ETAC.

3. The Jesper scene is tricky for some reason. You can kick start it by talking to Jesper after he's walked over to his bard marker. Just open up a dialogue with him, and then just tab out. Alternatively, you can use in the console "setstage na_mq_start 140" to bypass the scene entirely. The scene is an extended dialogue between Thaena, Jesper, and the Player just to set up an initial dynamic between the three of you. If you do advance the stage just talk to Thaena to start the next part of the quest.

Thanks for the response.

Not sure why I fell, but it was fine after about 2 seconds. So no biggie I guess.

Good to know about Jala. At least I know I didn't screw something up majorly. Haha.

I don't use ETAC. The only things I have that change worldspace are Purity, Dark Fantasy Overhaul, New Dungeons and Caves, and Realistic Water Two. Nothing that does anything to cities specifically.

That was the first time I had that on this skyrim install. I had it one time on an old skyrim install with NMM, but only running an early version of AMR. (I haven't installed AMR on this fresh skyrim install at all)

I will try again tomorrow, setstaging if necessary. (now that I know the command) Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the response.

Not sure why I fell, but it was fine after about 2 seconds. So no biggie I guess.

Good to know about Jala. At least I know I didn't screw something up majorly. Haha.

I don't use ETAC. The only things I have that change worldspace are Purity, Dark Fantasy Overhaul, New Dungeons and Caves, and Realistic Water Two. Nothing that does anything to cities specifically.

That was the first time I had that on this skyrim install. I had it one time on an old skyrim install with NMM, but only running an early version of AMR. (I haven't installed AMR on this fresh skyrim install at all)

I will try again tomorrow, setstaging if necessary. (now that I know the command) Thank you!

By tomorrow I will have fixed the problem with Jesper so you won't have to console or kick start.

Wow, thank you for updating this mod and for this: ''Although I make an effort to keep this gender-neutral please note that this mod is written with a female player character in mind. If you spot gender-specific dialogue when playing a male character let me know and I will fix it if possible''.

P.S. I think that all ''Animal Mansion'' mods conflicts with ''Cutting Room Floor''.

Wow, thank you for updating this mod and for this: ''Although I make an effort to keep this gender-neutral please note that this mod is written with a female player character in mind. If you spot gender-specific dialogue when playing a male character let me know and I will fix it if possible''.

P.S. I think that all ''Animal Mansion'' mods conflicts with ''Cutting Room Floor''.

Really? I haven't heard that one before. What happens with AM and Cutting Room Floor?

what is different between the redux?

This mod and Redux are built on top of Animal Mansion, written by sky_mds. Because of that, many of the quests, NPC names, buildings, etc, are the same. But apart from that common basis, the two mods have nothing in common. It would be pointless trying to catalog the differences. You should regard them as two totally different mods. Try them both and judge them both on their individual merits.

Hey Brain  :shy:

I had you most recent update that you linked on the main sky AM thread, you remember when i asked for the latest version and i think you had a MOD link? prob not..heheh... :P .. anyways...

Is this a new one again, and i have to remove and save with no AM, then start this one?

cuz i do have Jala in my game. after seeing the jarl i went and got Jala, then sent to get Jesper. Then Thaena talked to the both and i walked away..then came back and got sent to find a dog at Rorikstead.

Is that sounding like this MOD? Or do i need to remove your last fix one from AM and load this? I use MO.

Also with Jesper, can his 'Barding' be calmed down so he sings less often? I always find that MODS in Inn's/taverns like Animal Mansion and Radiant Prostitution clash a bit with Bards. Because as soon as they start singing, everyone stops and dances or claps. so any active MOD animation from a Quest or task gets paused or delayed till everyone has finished dancing, and some Bards sing back -to-back so its mighty annoying   :D .

Plus my player ( Sophia) is a Bard (Be a Bard) mod, which is ironic. And i would love to use that as a side job in the Animal Mansion. Usually any building that Skyrim sees as an Inn and has a InnKeeper ( which technically i think Thaena is ) shows a dialoque between player and Innkeeper that is something like ' May i perform here?'. And the Innkeper says ' yes of course'.

Then i get to play a song :)

Only thing that might not work for the 'Be a Bard' Mod is that in that MOD is a diary you get given showing how many times you performed and then a list of the Skyrim Inns like a record for skill progression, and i dont think that MOD would add Animal Mansion lmao!!

Meh..silly requests so i am sorry but it may add spice and variety in the Inn.  :blush:

-Goes back to her pillow and hides under it.-

i think AMR and this mod are both very unique and great MODS. Two passionate Modders both seeking to provide a spice and new path to the original AM.

So hats of to both MyBrain and Jmathers who in my eyes keep Skyrim fun and new. ( and obviously all the many other Modders and their Mods  :shy:  :D  :blush: )

@ sophiextime

Of course I remember when you asked for the latest version on the AM thread. My capacity for transferring short-term memory to long-term memory is surprisingly good for someone whose brain hurts all the time. :P

If you want to try this version you'll need to start anew with the latest version on a new/clean save. If you have Jala in your game then you really should start anew since there has been a lot of changes from the last version with Jala in it.

Re Jesper's singing. Try the mod "Bards Play Less". It's a real sanity saver. Or you can disable him entirely. You won't be needing him for anything important for a while yet. And with him out of the way you can sing in the Mansion until you're blue in the face. :lol: I don't use that bard mod you mentioned so I know nothing about its diary. I'll take a look at if I ever have time for it, but in the meantime if you can find out how inns are flagged in that mod (a keyword for example)  I can see about getting the Mansion recognized by your mod. If you're lucky someone on the thread already knows all about it and can clue me in.

Also with Jesper, can his 'Barding' be calmed down so he sings less often? I always find that MODS in Inn's/taverns like Animal Mansion and Radiant Prostitution clash a bit with Bards. Because as soon as they start singing, everyone stops and dances or claps. so any active MOD animation from a Quest or task gets paused or delayed till everyone has finished dancing, and some Bards sing back -to-back so its mighty annoying   :D .

Jasper is a Bard with the vanilla Bard behaviour. That means he behaves like every bard in skyrim.

Try this mod for toning down the bard performing quantity.

Argh. Ninja'd by someone with a hurt brain  :(

;)

Oh so awesome!! :D i just installed that 'Bards play less' MOD so i will try it later and hopefully save my ears from their incessant singing!!  :P

I think from memory that all the Inns are listed in the Bards Journal, that your given when mod installed.

Each Inn has a number next to it depicting how many times you have performed at that inn.

So the more you perform, the higher your Barding tally and skill. Each time you sing it can give you speech skill credits.

The game auto adds a number each time you play. So for Animal Mansion to be included i guess it would need to be added to the Bard MOD so the journal can list its name. Which makes me think AM cant be directly used for skill and BARD quest growth.

But aside from the Quest progression i can manually select a song any ways and play without it being added to my tally. The songbooks are spells so i just activate that songbook spell, choose a song number and my player auto equips her Lute and starts singing and the customers automatically stand and start dancing etc.

i shall remove my current Animal Mansion, load my game.....save it without any animal mansion in it, then quit game, install your latest one here and load previous saved non-AM game. that will work?

And i know AMR is not something you wish discussed on this thread as its a separate MOD ..BUT..if i may just add that  its a crying shame your not both working together to make one Animal Mansion MOD because his optional immersive mansion building ( ie..plots and materials and general skyrim exploration for them) and your imagination and work within the Mansion main quests would make for one super duper MOD!

Your both highly talented and a blessing to this forum. 

I have played his MOD but at the moment, until its finished and all tested, i am gonna wait. I did personally enjoy the immerisve plot hunting because my Skyrim is all about immersion. i think i have almost every immersive MOD out there!

anyways...

Looking forward to the many sexy updates and reeeeealy hope your still thinking about more 'dog/wolf' quests and variety of them. I love other beasts but canines really press my button  :blush:  :heart:

Thansk ya'all!!!

i shall remove my current Animal Mansion, load my game.....save it without any animal mansion in it, then quit game, install your latest one here and load previous saved non-AM game. that will work?

It might. Give it a shot and let me know if it works. If it doesn't just run a save cleaner before installing new version.

Looking forward to the many sexy updates and reeeeealy hope your still thinking about more 'dog/wolf' quests and variety of them. I love other beasts but canines really press my button  :blush:  :heart:

Stay tuned. That is definitely happening now, just be patient because it will take a while.

Well eventually it could be somewhat possible if the mansion in the other mod is built on another lot. It could be possible to have 2 Thaenas from 2 mansions out to fetch a dog/horse/whatever for the mansion.

It is something that could be tested if the other mod actually is at that stage however.

But let's not stray into that purely speculative and theoretical possibility and enjoy AMP now :D

I seemed to have found a bug, which, even though I rejected both the spiders and the chaurus in their respective quests, the chaurus still got added to the basement.

It only seems to have happened with the chaurus.

I don't know if he still gets used to the private shows or parties (tried a couple of them and no chaurus for now)

Edit: I tried to disable him via console and for some reason he doesn't disappear, same with markfordelete.

Also, apparently if you Aura Whisper (or any shout for that matter) near the skeever they become hostile but they don't move or attack (another bug?).

I seemed to have found a bug, which, even though I rejected both the spiders and the chaurus in their respective quests, the chaurus still got added to the basement.

It only seems to have happened with the chaurus.

I don't know if he still gets used to the private shows or parties (tried a couple of them and no chaurus for now)

Edit: I tried to disable him via console and for some reason he doesn't disappear, same with markfordelete.

Also, apparently if you Aura Whisper (or any shout for that matter) near the skeever they become hostile but they don't move or attack (another bug?).

Thanks for the report. I need to look into both of those issues and get back to you. Everything seems to be set for the chaurus correctly and I've never used a shout in the mansion.