[BETA TESTING] Devious Surrender V2

Unless they are somehow made more interesting, I don't think I'd care to get one of Skyrim's diseases. Even with something like RND, the diseases just become more of a hassle rather than more fun. The bounty could be fun, if there's a plausible reason for why it would happen (like if the mod could differentiate who had tied the player up. Bandits shouldn't create a bounty, but guards, soldiers, or citizens who defeated the player would).

I will say that I like the idea of Skooma Whore being updated... some of the effects from that mod would make escape a bit more difficult, plus I generally just like the idea that bandits and such would drug their captive to make her easier to deal with.

Unless they are somehow made more interesting, I don't think I'd care to get one of Skyrim's diseases. Even with something like RND, the diseases just become more of a hassle rather than more fun. The bounty could be fun, if there's a plausible reason for why it would happen (like if the mod could differentiate who had tied the player up. Bandits shouldn't create a bounty, but guards, soldiers, or citizens who defeated the player would).

I will say that I like the idea of Skooma Whore being updated... some of the effects from that mod would make escape a bit more difficult, plus I generally just like the idea that bandits and such would drug their captive to make her easier to deal with.

The idea behind it is the Gods have helped you but will enact some kind of misfortune for their own amusement, plus you don't have to use the option if the outcome doesn't interest you.

It's really there for people who either don't want to try and escape and just want to take a quick penatly (diseases are easy cure, and you've always got gold for bounties or you just do a day in jail...oh hello prison overhaul :) ) or have got themselves stuck and keep being defeated as the enemy is too strong or something similar.

So after I managed to escape, the bandits remained friendly to me, allowing me to just walk out (admittedly without managing to pick the lockbox). Is this supposed to happen?

Really like the idea of the mod otherwise, though. Do you need any help writing some prose? I was thinking that perhaps certain more elaborate punishments might me dealt with brief text screens instead of complicated animations, like Cursed Loot does for some things.

So after I managed to escape, the bandits remained friendly to me, allowing me to just walk out (admittedly without managing to pick the lockbox). Is this supposed to happen?

Really like the idea of the mod otherwise, though. Do you need any help writing some prose? I was thinking that perhaps certain more elaborate punishments might me dealt with brief text screens instead of complicated animations, like Cursed Loot does for some things.

At the moment, yes. Your attackers remain calmed to your presence and you can easily escape. I should be uploading a new version this weekend that will turn them aggressive on your escape.

Your suggestions are always welcome. I may not be able to implement them all while at the same time trying to keep the mod light weight and not suffer too much from feature creep. :)

I think that the "brief text screens" were in one of the old version of Submit + Devious Devices, and they were my favorite part of the mod! Just because animations are available doesn't mean they need to be always used. Those text boxes added a lot of variety and did things that couldn't be done with normal animations.

At the moment, yes. Your attackers remain calmed to your presence and you can easily escape. I should be uploading a new version this weekend that will turn them aggressive on your escape.

Your suggestions are always welcome. I may not be able to implement them all while at the same time trying to keep the mod light weight and not suffer too much from feature creep. :)

Granted, what I´m probably really pining for is some sort of middle ground between this and Sanguine debauchery ;)

But I wasn't thinking of anything overly complicated, just that whenever you get the wrong combination often enough to get your captor's attention, you get one several possible text screens, chosen at random, describing various punishments and humiliations he inflicts on you--perhaps also adding fitting temporary negative effects, like debuffing your weapon skills after caning your hands or such. Or not! I have admittedly no idea what is simple and what is complicated to do, but I'd be more than happy to write a couple of scenes like that if you think they might be useful.

I think that the "brief text screens" were in one of the old version of Submit + Devious Devices, and they were my favorite part of the mod! Just because animations are available doesn't mean they need to be always used. Those text boxes added a lot of variety and did things that couldn't be done with normal animations.

Ah, yes I wrote those. I didn't think they worked very well and there was some issues with them playing in the wrong order etc. But hey, If you liked them then we'll bring them back with a few enhancements :)

Granted, what I´m probably really pining for is some sort of middle ground between this and Sanguine debauchery ;)

But I wasn't thinking of anything overly complicated, just that whenever you get the wrong combination often enough to get your captor's attention, you get one several possible text screens, chosen at random, describing various punishments and humiliations he inflicts on you--perhaps also adding fitting temporary negative effects, like debuffing your weapon skills after caning your hands or such. Or not! I have admittedly no idea what is simple and what is complicated to do, but I'd be more than happy to write a couple of scenes like that if you think they might be useful.

Go for it! :) Adding popup boxes is really easy....even to the extent of making a little "choose your own text adventure" type story with buttons to do different things if you wanted to go that far.

Or it could be done through dialogue which would have the added benefits of some simple animations being usable at various stages and also the spoken text actually being spoken by actors.

Let your imagination run riot and I'll add it to the mod

Next we'll be needing some voice actors!

I'll see what I can come up with!

Any plans on what will happen when you're defeated by a guard or a creature?

Edit to add: Can the popup box method also be used to have skill checks decide the outcome of a choice, or does that have to happen via dialogue?

Love this so far, thanks for making it! The version of Submit with the message boxes was also my favorite. In fact, it is still my favorite alternate death system of all time. I was very sorry to see them go.

A couple bug reports for version 0.3:

- after getting defeated, the initial stuff happens ("pretty woman! take off your clothes!"). But once stripped, the captor runs about 50 yards away and won't come closer. I used zaz to enable movement, but approaching him does not trigger the continuation. However, getting defeated again at that point does trigger the full encounter. If no one else is getting this bug, then it is probably due to a conflict with Remodeled Armor for Unified UNP Bodyslide, which has been causing me problems thanks (I'm pretty sure) to its piece-stripping aspect.

- Death via anything other than people (like traps and falling) leads only to an inability to move.

For the trouble when getting teleported to an inn, I would like there to be a chance that someone there would see the slave bindings that got added and re-enslave the player on the spot. Perhaps a small forced prostitute section could be added, freedom (as usual) contingent on making a certain amount of cash.

I'll see what I can come up with!

Any plans on what will happen when you're defeated by a guard or a creature?

Edit to add: Can the popup box method also be used to have skill checks decide the outcome of a choice, or does that have to happen via dialogue?

Yes, can do skill checks on the pop up boxes :)

Love this so far, thanks for making it! The version of Submit with the message boxes was also my favorite. In fact, it is still my favorite alternate death system of all time. I was very sorry to see them go.

A couple bug reports for version 0.3:

- after getting defeated, the initial stuff happens ("pretty woman! take off your clothes!"). But once stripped, the captor runs about 50 yards away and won't come closer. I used zaz to enable movement, but approaching him does not trigger the continuation. However, getting defeated again at that point does trigger the full encounter. If no one else is getting this bug, then it is probably due to a conflict with Remodeled Armor for Unified UNP Bodyslide, which has been causing me problems thanks (I'm pretty sure) to its piece-stripping aspect.

- Death via anything other than people (like traps and falling) leads only to an inability to move.

For the trouble when getting teleported to an inn, I would like there to be a chance that someone there would see the slave bindings that got added and re-enslave the player on the spot. Perhaps a small forced prostitute section could be added, freedom (as usual) contingent on making a certain amount of cash.

The actor running off maybe because of a conflicting AI package. Sometimes they run away a bit and then come back once they've had time to reasses what they should be doing.

Yes, death via anything other than an actor (whether animal or human) will cause you to get stuck....for the mean time just use the console command enableplayercontrols to regain control

If you want things to happen in the Inn I recommend using deviously cursed loot as it has a great detection system for whether you character is naked, unarmed or wearing restraints right down to whether those restraints are visible under armor or not. you can the configure what might happen :)

New version uploaded - 0.4

- Captor must now be hostile to you when you "die" to be selected as your captor. Should stop allies or neutrals being picked or anyone not directly involved in combat with you.

- New dialogue flow which will allow a much more varied amount of spoken text

- New dialogue option to skip all text and just get on with it

- When you finally escape the calm spell is removed after 5 seconds

- Added more bound poses from zaz animation pack

Well that's weird...neither this nor the former version will install when I load up my save.

It worked before--I didn't think I'd changed anything....

When you say they won't install do you mean skyrim crashes when you load the save?

I've had a few cases where when parts of the quest line are changed or significant script changes it can take 3 or 4 load attempts before it lets you back in.

minor update...

- Added distance to captor check which will terminate the quest and restore player control if the actor is too far away or doesn't exist. Should fix getting stuck when dying from traps/falling
- Added dialogue for creatures and animals which basically skips most scenes and dialogue. Animals remain calmed even when you escape.

No I mean the game doesn't seem to recognize the presence of a new mod. I get no message, no MCM update, and die normally...

There are no notifications or MCM menu (I think).

As for dying normally, do you have Death Alternative installed? The mod wouldn't work for me until I uninstalled it, even if I disabled it via MCM.

I tried again with my starting save and this time it worked. Which is weird because I was certain I hadn't removed any mods from the other saves... hope I won't have to keep going back to the beginning.

Couple of things I noticed:

-The captor starts the after-rape speech (the one just before he ties you up) -before- the actual sex animation--but only for a second, then it's interrupted by the scene, at the end of which the conversation triggers again. So it doesn't seem to break the flow, but it's a bit odd.

-When I didn't get away quickly enough after my first escape and was promptly defeated again, the rape happened as normal, but one he'd tied me up he starts to attack me again. It may have had something to do with the fact that during my brief escape he'd started fighting with my horse. They'd stopped fighting once I'd been defeated again but like I said, once I was locked in he started waling on me again. (The horse didn't attack though)

-Just as a heads up, Cursed Loot's "cover yourself while naked" animation tends to trigger just after you've been locked in, making the bondage device disappear. Not a big deal as the animation can be turned off, just thought I'd mention it.

As I have foretold it does work with this new version without doing anything different.

I get defeated and then the dialogue starts. But it doesn´t work to the fullest as I think. The alarm that triggers if you fail your escape doesn´t seem to do anything, even if my captor stands 1 meter away from me.

And I tried this mod by using an existing character and a newly made. The existing character works the way I have described prior, but the new one just dies.

As strange as that is, I am quite glad it does work a bit :)

after being put on a crucifix or on a wheel or whatever cage they decide to put you in the lock thing comes up right away and no way to make it go away unless i am missing something.  so while it is on the screen the bandit or whatever doesnt do anything everybody is frozen in time so there is no way to pick the lock and get away since they are just standing right in front of you since they just locked you up.  or is something broken on my end?  really like the idea of the mod however.  defeat is nice but with no further punishment i just get back up grab my weapon and kill whoever just raped me.  the other ones that tie into your money or your life i like the mods but not your money or your life, could never figure out how not to have like 3 chances to get back up and kill whatever.

For me it worked with an already existing save but not for a new one. I would guess it works for both, but I can´t guarantee you anything :D

The current version should work with both new games and existing ones as the death capture script has been moved to a quest instead meaning it should fire up straight away.

obviously any mod that interferes with the player dying will probably stop this mod from working so you must remove them completely.

Death Alternative MUST be REMOVED entirely and not just disabled in its MCM :)