The next stage: The Witcher 3

Sacremas

I played about 14 hours yesterday when it first got released.

And I'm about level8 barely progressing in the main storyline in fact I hit a dead end now i gotta pursue the other part of the main storyline.

And Only reason I give witcher 3 10/10 because I have to hunt a Giant beast with 2 horns with fire branded all over his body.

I don't know what it is, where it is, how big it is and how hard it is All I know a Minotaur on fire sounds badass. GOTY

Also fount a massive tree i could see for miles.

I'd say I'm pretty set for the next 5 months

Also I got 36 different endings to go through wish me luck. 

Seriously, fuck wolves, werewolves, everything related to wolves. They're way too op on highest difficulty, I hope they get balanced somehow ... once there are more than 2 of them, you'll loose 3/4 of your hp, can't dodge them all, and once they get one hit on you they go full Saiyan and combo the fuck outta your face. Grapeshots and igni don't do that much damage on them and somehow it seems like they have a bug, the other monsters and beast all stagger when hit by Igni, but those fucking wolves don't give a shit ! How the fuck can i stagger a 1 ton Griffin and not a vulgar dog's cousin ?? 

The Witcher 3 HairWorks on AMD GPUs With Normal Performance

Do this

All you need to do is this:

Create a profile for witcher3.exe in your Catalyst Control Center

Set Tessellation Mode to “Override application settings”

Set the Maximum Tessellation Level to either 2x, 4x, 8x or 16x.

We would recommend against using 2x as it severely reduces quality and looks terrible. Here’s a comparison photo that lets you see the differences between 2x, 4x, 8x and 16x tessellation levels.  AMD users have a way of enjoying The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with the Nvidia HairWorks feature enabled and actually getting better performance than GeForce users not using a Maxwell architecture Nvidia GPU. It seems a bit ironic but exciting nonetheless.

3.5 is a nice start but I was hoping for bigger, considering you can get from Solitude to Riften in less than a day default timescale on horseback. Considering that's just one country and Witcher is multiple, I was hoping for bigger. Maybe it'll feel bigger in-game. Daggerfall was absolutely massive in comparison, it took multiple real-life days to cross that map, but that was generations ago and with relatively primitive graphics even for the day.

Alright, finally finsihed the first map, killed the beast (what a fun fight that was!), realized after this I could have cafted a much better silver sword, but at least found plenty of neat stuff. Died several times (difficulty higher than normal, but not too high), still have to figure some things out though (like, crosbow? )

Fights are fun though, I liek the finishers (cutting a man in half never grows old...), though without Quen I guess I would need to quit the game, true live-saver. I also like it with the potions now, it plays a bit smoother, though its less "witcher-ery", as they are supposed to drink them before a battle, not gulp them like cheap D&D-Potions. But I don't care for "lore" here

And my inventory is filled to the brim with all kinds of crap, and I am afraid what's still to come...Never been much a friend of crafting in any game, no matter if Skyrim, Dragon Age or Witcher. But I have to adapt I guess.

Quests are...nice...so far. It just feels good to put a murdered ghost to rest (and the battle was kinda cool, Yrden FTW!), searching a battlefield for corpses, and even the little non-quests like hidden treasures make it feel worthwhile to do them, for items, diagrams, etc...

Graphics? Nice enoguh for me to enjoy them. Especially the characters are gorgeous to look at, as they are not as sterile and clean, and also never clones of other NPCs. They also all feel like persons with a story, even though you only talk briefly with them (The herbalists little background-story, or the "freak" hunter...kinda sad often...)

And now...Yennefer. I really, really like her already. She looks beautiful, though not in a barbie-doll-way. And I already worry the meeting with Triss, the ever-lovely redhead. Red or Black, Geralt? Decisions, decisions.

Stopped playing for now, right before teh meeting with Charles "Tywn" Dance. Can't wait 'til work is over tomorrow, and then finally a Witcher-weekend!

Yeah, have to say, I'm enjoying the hell out of this right now.

Case in point, spent 20 minutes trying to kill this bandit leader with a shield. None of my signs + attacks were working. Got really close to killing him once, but died right at the end (hardest difficulty, btw) - out of the blue, tried Hex - instakill with one hit, even get a finisher! They finally made this sign useful. Loving it!

Also, the game is just beautiful to look at. Those sunrises and sunsets are just worth it in themselves, and I feel I can almost actually *feel* the wind in the game. Some meshes are overdone with the wind effect (creeper vines at beginning of game in castle) but mostly, it is really really well done.

Lastly, once you get used to the combat, it is fairly intuitive. I had to say, I thought WTF at the whole "alt/space" to dodge thing, but it grows really fast. Level 1 and managing to kill level 4-5 wolves, as long as I separate them, use signs, dodge, dodge, dodge, and have a bit of luck on my side  :)

I'm playing on normal, there wolves are instakill by ignii.

Man just raise the difficulty one bit and you'll see, those fucking wolves are a nightmare. I'm level 12 and sometimes I still get owned by a pack of level 2 wolves... 

On a side note, loading screen on death are way too long. Actually makes me really edgy during fights, I'm always afraid to get my ass beaten up since I just know I'll have to wait 3 minutes at the loading screen ... Maybe that's not a bad thing since it enhances even more the difficulty part, but it's still stressful. 

Also come on, witchers are basically Captain Americas, they've got enhanced everything, but they can't jump more than 1 meter down without breaking their legs ?? Plus with Geralt's somehow clunky RPG like mobility, I often jump over a fence I had no intention to jump, and of course fall to my death. And 3 minutes loading screen all over again ... 

Last grudge : kind of disappointed in monsters from the same "family" behaving almost with the same exact patterns sometimes ... Like Rottends and Drowners, Noonwraiths and Nightwraiths, and even sometimes monster from different families like Griffins and Basilisks and Wyverns.

I know they share the same skeletons so fundamental gameplay differences aren't really technically feasible, but I'd have liked some new animations instead of the same wing bash from the winged beasts, or  jumping attack from the Necrophages, or that annoying "invincibility cloak" from the Wraiths ... 

Don't get me wrong though, I'm really into the game and I'm enjoying everything, I just consider myself to have played enough of it to see most of the gameplay's little defects, and I'm amazed at the fact that there are so little of them. Incredible amount of work, in any other game of the same kind I'd already be whining about shitload of stuff, but here I only got 3 or 4 little points which sorta annoy me sometimes. R8 an 8 out of 8 m8, can't h8 dis ... pl8 ? 

Won't spoil anything but damn did a long quest in dungeon it was awesome something i never saw in skyrim. This game is so much fun i love it.

Skyrim vanilla annoyed me a lot this game so far almost none.

Still not any problems runs smooth good fps.

God that one scene on the main quest with the bard singing in the tavern when looking for Dandelion ... Actually cried from the awesomeness and her voice... Shit ...  

Almost the same level of epic as that one scene in Dragon Age Inquisition when Mother Giselle sings in the mountains ( Okay the Witcher 3 is overall a better game than DA-I, but I still consider the stories to be equally impressive). 

Don't watch if you haven't seen it in game yet !! Will spoil the surprise (literally)

For the past 3 days I have been playing this game almost nonstop and I have to say I just dont want it to end but I think I am reaching the end.

So I am going to stop and restart the game and enjoy my journey this time and reach the finale when I feel like I have done absolutely everything.

For the past 3 days I have been playing this game almost nonstop and I have to say I just dont want it to end but I think I am reaching the end.

So I am going to stop and restart the game and enjoy my journey this time and reach the finale when I feel like I have done absolutely everything.

???

Reach the end done everything in 3 days your in wrong topic wrong game?

Wish i could play more with Ciri :(

Your no where near judging by the steam achievements, 0% people have completed on Broken bones+ Difficulty and Theres people with 40-60 hours of gameplay, I have to kill wild hunt and find Ciri and im about 32 hours in but theres also an achievement named "The king is Dead" and "kingslayer" so my best guess? there's more to it then we think. Haven't completed it myself but all i know, the fastest speed run to this date is 15 hours. thats a long time for a speedrun. 

Not much of an spoiler but I guess it could be if it isent like that..

Geralt doesent die, because of the 2 later expansions, it seems he just...retires?p/spoiler]

Anyway I hope theres alot more after the fight with the wild hunt, but right now im gonna complete every damn sidequest I can find *800 hours* later

i can finally finish the game!  "whoops it seems theres a whole new entire story right after killing Eredin! better go play an extra 40 hours!!"

By "actually playing" you probably mean being the completionist. TW3 is a linear game and if you want to complete only the main quest line, which makes a lot more sense considering the story, than doing unrelated side quests in order to get more XP or money, one can easily finish the game within a few days. Not to mention that console players were able to start their game before PC players.

Archived