The next stage: The Witcher 3

Sacremas

Even if that last picture is true, its not like we won't fix it with ENB's and SweetFX immediately.

The only downer of The Witcher 3 for me is the fact that I have to play CDPR's characters, but I can respect that story telling is easier when your protagonists are far more clearly defined than the voiceless void that Bethesda's player protagonists are.

Besides, isn't the story and gameplay more important?

Shh don't tell them, this mere idea would make their brains explode. People nowadays are whining about strands of grass in a RPG with the best writers on the market, imagine what would happen if you told them the most important part isn't the graphics. They would go full retard, even worse than right now. Leave the fragile creatures alone. 

Besides, isn't the story and gameplay more important?

Shh don't tell them, this mere idea would make their brains explode. People nowadays are whining about strands of grass in a RPG with the best writers on the market, imagine what would happen if you told them the most important part isn't the graphics. They would go full retard, even worse than right now. Leave the fragile creatures alone. 

I'm surprised to hear you say that, considering we're in a largely Bethesda community with over 9000 enb's, lore-friendly realistic graphic overhauls and 1080p ultra HD horse genital mods.

Wonder of wonders.

There's a very big difference about complaining about bad graphics in a game and complaining about bad graphics in a game because it had to cater to a different sub-optimal platform. Not that TW3 is any where near bad graphics even so, it's just depressing that it could have been a lot better if they had gone PC exclusive.

I'm surprised to hear you say that, considering we're in a largely Bethesda community with over 9000 enb's, lore-friendly realistic graphic overhauls and 1080p ultra HD horse genital mods.

Wonder of wonders.

I don't know (and don't really care) about others but as for me, I've always been way more interested in quest mods or follower mods than graphics ones. It's not for nothing that I spend 10 hours and more every 3 days trying to get all my scripts to work together. 

Your point is made and accurate though, but there's still a bit of a difference between a game like Skyrim which has been out for 4 years now and is starting to feel a bit old, and a brand new game realized by some of the best designers in the world :P

If this whole whining appears 5 years from now, I'd kind of understand it. I wouldn't call myself a modder if I thought a game stopped being able to do better once it is out. But right now, we only have perfectly logical downgrades (if you keep in mind that CDPR is not your brother wannabee developer but a company.) As such I feel it downright despicable that people would pretend deserving a better version of the game than the console copies while keeping the same price as them.

If the PC version is better than the console version, it means more work has been done on the PC version, and as such perfectly logical that the PC version should be more expensive than the console versions. But of course the "PC kid race" would feel even more outraged as this maneuver. 

Now people are saying if the game had been PC exclusive, it would've been better, while completely disregarding the fact that, again, CDPR is a fucking company, they need to make the green, and the green nowadays relies pretty damn much on publishing console versions as well as PC ones. 

Some people need some wake-up slaps, you gotta agree on this. 

Wonder of wonders.

I don't know (and don't really care) about others but as for me, I've always been way more interested in quest mods or follower mods than graphics ones. It's not for nothing that I spend 10 hours and more every 3 days trying to get all my scripts to work together. 

Your point is made and accurate though, but there's still a bit of a difference between a game like Skyrim which has been out for 4 years now and is starting to feel a bit old, and a brand new game realized by some of the best designers in the world :P

If this whole whining appears 5 years from now, I'd kind of understand it. I wouldn't call myself a modder if I thought a game stopped being able to do better once it is out. But right now, we only have perfectly logical downgrades (if you keep in mind that CDPR is not your brother wannabee developer but a company.) As such I feel it downright despicable that people would pretend deserving a better version of the game than the console copies while keeping the same price as them.

If the PC version is better than the console version, it means more work has been done on the PC version, and as such perfectly logical that the PC version should be more expensive than the console versions. But of course the "PC kid race" would feel even more outraged as this maneuver. 

Now people are saying if the game had been PC exclusive, it would've been better, while completely disregarding the fact that, again, CDPR is a fucking company, they need to make the green, and the green nowadays relies pretty damn much on publishing console versions as well as PC ones. 

Some people need some wake-up slaps, you gotta agree on this. 

Well I'm not taking sides here, graphic on pc won't be worse than in w2 so whatever but:

- CDPR build name on PC exclusivity.

- They sold stock when w2 was pc exclusive, Polish market doesn't trust consoles (ci games: Sniper ghost warrior1/2 - they stocks are worth shit)

- GoG does not sell games on consoles.

- Console port of w1 almost made CDP bankrupt.

All hail to mighty consoles! Meh

There's no discussion that CDP's home base is the PC, it's been true since game one and it's still true now. Even more so since modding tools are in play, which might well make TW3 the new and improved Skyrim which can keep up PC sales for years. The console versions are probably just there to make quick cash and keep the production going, since that "giving shit away" mentality they got going must be costing them in the long run.

That said, I don't really mind if the PC version takes a slight hit because of multi-platforming. So long as the gameplay is fluid and the story holds water, I don't really give a shit about graphics.

Ok game is made for consoles thats clear.

Im not pleased with controls it's made for consoles so far most negative about game.

But game runs ok 45 fps looks ok and had smooth run for hour last night before going to bed.

Hope mods will solve most problems.

Mods need to solve a lot of problems. Low poly meshes, low textures, lightning, post effects, combat tweaking. So far only the music inspired by game of thrones tunes and quests that are actually not bad, but judging by everything else it's just an average console porte.

Yeap this is a console port and yes keyboard and mouse control makes you wish you are an octopus or a six (long) fingers guy.
With two 770 gtx (4mb) sli runs on 60fps(1680x1050) 45fps(1920x1440) all settings high-not ultra-(nvidia same on you the one click optimization thing sets everything to medium) except hair and depth of field 'cpu 3770k 8mb ddr3 256ssd.
With only one 760 gtx -my other rig- with the cpu (2600k)as a physx processor constant 30 fps everithing medium,hmm someone was exaggerating about specs.
I really hope for mods lots of them also,plus please god make a moder i am reading code please.

P.S i am in love with Yennefer those eyes.

Just have explored in woods saw bear lv6 well he kicked my ass hehe.

Ok not mastered the controls yet(learning) but could dodge some use a ignite got him to half health.\

Then explored some more saw abandon house got some loot jump in water pit end up in secret cave had to swim out of there was nice this kind find secret places.

Im fan of exploring and think this game will granted me my wish :)

I am actually not really ticked by the graphic quality at all. I was expecting to be more underwhelmed than I am but with everything on ultra the game looks better than Skyrim certainly and it also looks better and performs far better than DA:I did which would be a closer natural comparison of course.

There are a few things about the combat are a little annoying, like how Geralt apparently always has to advance every time he swings his sword which makes positioning weird and having the dodge key start with alt is a little weird because my hand can't stretch like that but all the other convenient keys close to the movement controls are claimed by critical functions so I'll just have to deal with rolling for now I think.

Overall though this has to be the most bug free and content complete game I've played in years. Its getting pretty much everything right in every category, nothing stands out as underdeveloped or less polished than any other part of it....even Gwent is well a well designed mini-game that doesn't seem like a tacked on after thought.

If only all developers released their releases like this, and didn't release bug ridden, 0 day patch nightmares that they expect the modding community to fix for them.

Alright, not much into the game by now (damn, I should just quit my job...), but so far, its fun. At least the first quest for the frying pan made me laugh, Yennefer looks gorgeous, graphics are okay but never my primary concern...

Only young Ciri looked kinda ... weird, more like a halfling as a twelve year old girl...but I am biased, I never was a fan of her character anyway...

Archived