The next stage: The Witcher 3

Sacremas

Anyone who say TW3 is linear game totally don't understand this kind of games and if you only go for main quest why you pay 50 bucks for few hours of gameplay and have not seen 95% of the game is beyond me.

Im level 6 played 25 hours and saw maybe 7% of content exploring and enjoying at pace so i can fully experience every detail of this game.

Everybody have right to play how he want but saying it's linear and you can complete in few days is just silly.

Im planning on at least 200 hours and if mods it prolly be alot more.

Your no where near judging by the steam achievements

Watched the end game on YT a few days ago, which was played on Xbox.

You missed "broken Bones+ Difficulty" 0.2% on steam has completed it. 0% on Death march and Broken Bones. Bare in mind its steam statistics and as a console peasant I once was, I had no fucks given for exploring everything so I can understand why console has completed it.

Obviously people who could care less for witcher 3's exploration and other stuff to do has completed it.

Why skip out all of the content to complete the games main storyline, You'll have no motivation to play it any more, "oh I completed it what now" kicks in if you do as much side-quests and ? locations you still have that feeling to play it more because you haven't completed it. 

I'm only gonna speedrun my second run so i can see the alternative Game options and endings, but the first one im taking it alllll in. I'm not doing any main storyline till I've Emptied my Quest log.

I had this feeling with skyrim "killed alduin now what?" took me about a week to realize i missed a shit ton of other stuff.

yea no spoilers folks or warn and spoiler tag them properly

I'm worried about the main plot. It is not as personal as it was in previous parts. The whole look for ciri thing being forced on you when i was never much fan of her :/

I'm playing on normal, there wolves are instakill by ignii.

Man just raise the difficulty one bit and you'll see, those fucking wolves are a nightmare. I'm level 12 and sometimes I still get owned by a pack of level 2 wolves... 

On a side note, loading screen on death are way too long. Actually makes me really edgy during fights, I'm always afraid to get my ass beaten up since I just know I'll have to wait 3 minutes at the loading screen ... Maybe that's not a bad thing since it enhances even more the difficulty part, but it's still stressful. 

Also come on, witchers are basically Captain Americas, they've got enhanced everything, but they can't jump more than 1 meter down without breaking their legs ?? Plus with Geralt's somehow clunky RPG like mobility, I often jump over a fence I had no intention to jump, and of course fall to my death. And 3 minutes loading screen all over again

Use igni neverless , if they catch fire they won't attack for a while. Footwork is the thing , don't let them come from behind or you won't be able to evade those attacks.

Is it console version ? or you might have disc issues , for me loads so far are under 30s.

The jump down damage sure is high, my guess they don't want us to make shortcuts.

Enjoy exploring every little corner of the world, doing every little side quest in order to get XP or loot, while your adopted daughter is being chased to death by TWH, nothing will happen to her anyway, both her and TWH will stop the chase and wait for you until you've got bored and feel ready to continue with their story (it's not a linear game at all!). No doubt, others who play the game differently are not "actually" playing it.

yea no spoilers folks or warn and spoiler tag them properly

I'm worried about the main plot. It is not as personal as it was in previous parts. The whole look for ciri thing being forced on you when i was never much fan of her :/

I'm playing on normal, there wolves are instakill by ignii.

Man just raise the difficulty one bit and you'll see, those fucking wolves are a nightmare. I'm level 12 and sometimes I still get owned by a pack of level 2 wolves... 

On a side note, loading screen on death are way too long. Actually makes me really edgy during fights, I'm always afraid to get my ass beaten up since I just know I'll have to wait 3 minutes at the loading screen ... Maybe that's not a bad thing since it enhances even more the difficulty part, but it's still stressful. 

Also come on, witchers are basically Captain Americas, they've got enhanced everything, but they can't jump more than 1 meter down without breaking their legs ?? Plus with Geralt's somehow clunky RPG like mobility, I often jump over a fence I had no intention to jump, and of course fall to my death. And 3 minutes loading screen all over again

Use igni neverless , if they catch fire they won't attack for a while. Footwork is the thing , don't let them come from behind or you won't be able to evade those attacks.

Is it console version ? or you might have disc issues , for me loads so far are under 30s.

The jump down damage sure is high, my guess they don't want us to make shortcuts.

I'm around level now, somehow Igni does less and less damage with time since I mostly raise swordfighting and alchemy ... So not really that useful against wolves types around my level ! 

Got on PC, I don't know where those long ass loading screen come from. I have no lag at all, running at 50 fps most of the time, but once I die, it's entire minutes of it ... 

And I figured out why I lost so much health when I jumped from too high up, you actually need to hit your "dodge" key just when you land, and Geralt rolls about diminishing most of the damage. Doesn't work from way high, but it does the trick when you fall from 3/4 meters. 

Enjoy exploring every little corner of the world, doing every little side quest in order to get XP or loot, while your adopted daughter is being chased to death by TWH, nothing will happen to her anyway, both her and TWH will stop the chase and wait for you until you've got bored and feel ready to continue with their story (it's not a linear game at all!). No doubt, others who play the game differently are not "actually" playing it.

sadly that is the thing in modern games. The story says "quick you need to save her/him" or "run for your life" while gameplay "there is loot/collectable/achivement/exp if you sidetrack". That is one big bummer for immersion.

Back to W3 ... did anyone find any failstates? like when you would get shot if you refuded to cooperate with Roache, get hanged in Flotsam, shot by iorveth in W2? I tried to be rude to people i shouldn't been and everything was disregarded basicly.

sadly that is the thing in modern games. The story says "quick you need to save her/him" or "run for your life" while gameplay "there is loot/collectable/achivement/exp if you sidetrack". That is one big bummer for immersion.

How "modern" are we talking here? Because I'll just throw in a name here "Imoen" ... and I am pretty sure not a lot of games ever were time-sensitive (A horrible thought actually, if you really had to watch the clock or else the main story would bite your ass...therefore immersion can only go so far)

How "modern" are we talking here? Because I'll just throw in a name here "Imoen" ... and I am pretty sure not a lot of games ever were time-sensitive (A horrible thought actually, if you really had to watch the clock or else the main story would bite your ass...therefore immersion can only go so far)

It is not about puting player on timer but rather unfolding the story in such way that you don't feel like main story is time pressured. Say FNV - you feel like you are chasing Benny but once you get him you are pretty much free from main story pressure. And there is nothing that you lose by chasing story to that point first. Imoen was not so much kidnapped but arrested - well yea you would want to save her as soon as possible but you got no way to do so - so you can't be rushing to the goal as the goal is not visible to you. So that kinda eliminates the feeling of being time pressured and doing side stuff instead.

Mass Effect 1 did something funny with the time pressure, you're supposed to go save Liara first, but if you go to her as the last mission then the other two makes much less sense, and she's partially insane and seeing visions by the time you actually get to her inside her bubble. By the time you get her to the Normandy she starts collecting herself and musing on the reapers, then you just go "Oh okay hold on, we already went to Feros, Noveria and Virmire and actually spoke to this thing, this is what happened" then she's bummed out about it but is able to do the Embrace Eternity thing right away and open up Illum for you. She was basically the most time sensitive of the three missions aside from Virmire, and the game got a bit annoyed you waited.

For the past 3 days I have been playing this game almost nonstop and I have to say I just dont want it to end but I think I am reaching the end.

So I am going to stop and restart the game and enjoy my journey this time and reach the finale when I feel like I have done absolutely everything.

Your no where near judging by the steam achievements, 0% people have completed on Broken bones+ Difficulty and Theres people with 40-60 hours of gameplay, I have to kill wild hunt and find Ciri and im about 32 hours in but theres also an achievement named "The king is Dead" and "kingslayer" so my best guess? there's more to it then we think. Haven't completed it myself but all i know, the fastest speed run to this date is 15 hours. thats a long time for a speedrun. 

Not much of an spoiler but I guess it could be if it isent like that..

Geralt doesent die, because of the 2 later expansions, it seems he just...retires?p/spoiler]

Anyway I hope theres alot more after the fight with the wild hunt, but right now im gonna complete every damn sidequest I can find *800 hours* later

i can finally finish the game!  "whoops it seems theres a whole new entire story right after killing Eredin! better go play an extra 40 hours!!"

without spoiling anything.

I am I cured the hooded guy (I am sure you know what I am talking about) and found that ciri's location and I am told to gather  all my buddies because the wild hunt is coming as soon as I get her from that location to the castle.

How many quests are there left? is the the finale? or is that the NOPE! THERE IS MORE!

from what I see from the map I dont think there is anything left to explore and I am level 24.

For the past 3 days I have been playing this game almost nonstop and I have to say I just dont want it to end but I think I am reaching the end.

So I am going to stop and restart the game and enjoy my journey this time and reach the finale when I feel like I have done absolutely everything.

Your no where near judging by the steam achievements, 0% people have completed on Broken bones+ Difficulty and Theres people with 40-60 hours of gameplay, I have to kill wild hunt and find Ciri and im about 32 hours in but theres also an achievement named "The king is Dead" and "kingslayer" so my best guess? there's more to it then we think. Haven't completed it myself but all i know, the fastest speed run to this date is 15 hours. thats a long time for a speedrun.

Not much of an spoiler but I guess it could be if it isent like that..

Geralt doesent die, because of the 2 later expansions, it seems he just...retires?p/spoiler]

Anyway I hope theres alot more after the fight with the wild hunt, but right now im gonna complete every damn sidequest I can find *800 hours* later

i can finally finish the game! "whoops it seems theres a whole new entire story right after killing Eredin! better go play an extra 40 hours!!"

without spoiling anything.

I am I cured the hooded guy (I am sure you know what I am talking about) and found that ciri's location and I am told to gather all my buddies because the wild hunt is coming as soon as I get her from that location to the castle.

How many quests are there left? is the the finale? or is that the NOPE! THERE IS MORE!

from what I see from the map I dont think there is anything left to explore and I am level 24.

Must have played like fucking mad to have already visited every market on the game, killed every monster, collected all witcher gear, saved all persons in distress, beaten all gwent players, finished every second quest ... Like i kinda doubt it. Furthermore I can see some level 33/37 quests, you being level 24 without anything else to do than the main quest must mean you skipped a lot of content.

Gwent is awesome ! Once you play a bit with it, it starts to get really interesting. The AI is simply phenomenal, they even thought about creating some "behaviors", like a merchant will be pretty cunning, a poor peasant fuck will go at it like a drunken moron, a nobleman will be really aggressive ... 

After a while you start to understand how one card is a trap to make you use your weather cards, and how the dude will fuck you up with a hero card or a clear weather card after a while. Also how more cards doesn't mean you win, and how spies cards + Decoy is a fucking OP combo. 

Game within a game as they said, I've spent some time on it and I almost finished my Northern Realms, Nilf and Monsters decks. 

PS : Got a question for you all more advanced than me in the story : which romance is better, Triss or Yen ? Story wise I mean, which is the most well done and satisfying, which has the most cut scenes (not necessarily sex scenes, I just want to watch the most cut scenes possible lol)  ? I'm having a hard time deciding... 

Nah they stay in merchant's inventory, but those they sell are worthless. You're better off playing every dude who can be played, and winning their best cards. They have special abilities that really spice up the game, like some cards invoke other cards discarded in your deck, others are spies that adds to the enemy strength number but give you two cards in exchange etc ... The cards the merchants sell are just "pawn cards", which are mostly used as cannon fodder when you play more difficult opponents, usually you play them at the start to trick the AI into using their weather or killing cards.

SERIOUSLY THO ! TRISS OR YENN ?? Choice is imminent !! Help me decide ! 

Well ... Yenn and Geralt are meant for each other, bound by fate, by love, by all they went through. In regards to their history, its actually not much of a decision, its Yennefer all the way ...especially if you read the stories/books...

But then, Triss is...a much more loveable person (as far as sorceresses go, of course) and Yennefer can be utterly demanding, cold, at least on her surface, and if all one knew before was the games, then I guess Triss is the way to go? Or screw all that and ask yourself: Red or Raven? What'S sexier?

Anyway...so mcuh talk about the stupid downgrade-stuff, and the open-world, and quests...but I want to add something different that hardly got recognized in most reviews...that amazing soundtrack...damn, I love those slavic tunes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0NOBdPnoe0

Well ... Yenn and Geralt are meant for each other, bound by fate, by love, by all they went through. In regards to their history, its actually not much of a decision, its Yennefer all the way ...especially if you read the stories/books...

But then, Triss is...a much more loveable person (as far as sorceresses go, of course) and Yennefer can be utterly demanding, cold, at least on her surface, and if all one knew before was the games, then I guess Triss is the way to go? Or screw all that and ask yourself: Red or Raven? What'S sexier?

Anyway...so mcuh talk about the stupid downgrade-stuff, and the open-world, and quests...but I want to add something different that hardly got recognized in most reviews...that amazing soundtrack...damn, I love those slavic tunes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0NOBdPnoe0

Can't find a library anywhere near my place with translated Witcher saga and it kills me inside to read it on the internet in .pdf... I guess I'll go for Triss, she lives for Kovir if not and it looks like she ain't coming back at all if you don't romance her (wtf CDPR !!) 

A real shame this one part of the story, would've loved for her to have a bigger role in the main quest line and, hell, stay until the end at least even if you don't try to fuck her ... And yes, they made Yenn waaay too cold on the games, compared to Triss' expressions when she looks at Gerald, Yenn's super anticlimactic really. Basically : "Been 2 years I haven't seen you, but who cares right ? Hey shut up and ride to Velen right now aight, I'll just teleport to some islands far away and you won't find me before months, cya nerd". Almost ruins cut scenes sometimes when she acts like a bitch. 

BUT (and reconciling the quests with your very accurate point about the soundtrack), The Wolven Storm sang by Priscilla is the most magnificent song I've heard from a bard character anywhere, be it on movies or games. And it kind of made me understand the thing going on between Geralt and Yenn without having read the books...

Just got my hands on the game and have been playing it nonstop, still in White Orchard and got my hands full with the numerous side quests, who are amazingly done truly. The graphic, atmosphere, character portrait are all well done, couldn't expect less from CDPR! Combat is a little different from TW2, but I'm getting used to it, got to say I am a bit surprised my system (i5-4670 4.2Ghz+ GTX 770 4GB) handled the game, haven't tweaked the graphic settings much, most of them are left on high or ultra and I got 40-60fps at 1080p most of the time.

Just got my hands on the game and have been playing it nonstop, still in White Orchard and got my hands full with the numerous side quests, who are amazingly done truly. The graphic, atmosphere, character portrait are all well done, couldn't expect less from CDPR! Combat is a little different from TW2, but I'm getting used to it, got to say I am a bit surprised my system (i5-4670 4.2Ghz+ GTX 770 4GB) handled the game, haven't tweaked the graphic settings much, most of them are left on high or ultra and I got 40-60fps at 1080p most of the time.

Remember next map is HUGE and it's getting better:)

tremendous game so far but was 8.8 until ireach lvl 10 and do some things new gameplay fetures prety unique and the tower... no spoiler  here

novigrad phenomenal indeed  , 10/10 for me already..  some tips the markers dont show eveything you  have to searxch for your self... i disable them

i wonder if the game got more sex scenes than those the romance guides mentions  like 2 brothels  ,  3 romances  and 2 sex ecounters wtf  

so little in a open world game far bigger then w2 with the infamous 16 data hours recorded?  maybe those who did  romacnes guides were jsut from one playtrough?  or was it from a offisal source that those was all the ecounters possible

seems too few for witcher game and many scens are repetive  maybe they cut them down coz they were to explict? to the idotic esbr rating etc?

edit: triss now look mediocore on 2 hada great tanned body and great face  now she is mediocore  she needs mods to imrpove the scenes too much fade out classy but ...

Huge spoiler, open at your own risk. 

Saying goodbye to Triss at the dock, she left and I have no idea if she ever comes back, anyone who has finished the main quest line can tell me how it turns out ? Do you hear from her again at some point ? Man it was a fucking sad moment, I'm definitely not used to that kind of decision making in games I mean fuck... It's even more bitter than some decisions in Dragon Age

Archived