The next stage: The Witcher 3

Sacremas

You wont get answer from me any time soon im not particular following any quest line im just exploring and do quests on the way it's slow im level 12 and 35 hours gameplay but im not in hurry.

Beat yesterday the wraith ghost contract jenny of the woods, man that was tough fight but manage eventually at lvl11 with my quen shield and sword awesome battle.

Swamp thing(level 12) was nice but easy.

Mods will fix the sex in TW3 have patience :)

No I mean, it's kind of a choice you make,

if you tell her to leave, she leaves and you can't romance her anymore. No sex scenes no nothing, and I don't even know if she comes back at some point in the main quest now lol... Oh, and if you try to tell her to stay, fuck her etc, and then do the same thing with Yennefer on Skellige, the both of them

dump you near the end of the story ! Yeah that means bad ending, baaaad ending for Gege...

NB : The spoilers aren't for fun, think about opening them please I don't want to spoil any of your fun. 

Alright, playing for hours now and still not advanced that much in the main story (damn question marks, damn you all!!!)

But I have to write down a bit about something, a specific huge questline I just finished (or did I? I have a feeling though...)

Anyway, SPOILER! Not open it as long as you haven't finished all questlines involving the bloody baron/ladies of the woods

You are sure? So, I read in some reviews before how awesome the Bloody Baron Quest was supposed to be...and I was sceptical at first. But damn, doing the whole story so far, well, that story had more atmosphere, drama, great main and supporting chars than most full games!

I started the Bog-Witches Quest first, not the Baron (not sure, but maybe the other way around makes more sense?), and at first? Well, nothing special, except for Johnny, who was awesome once he talked, about his morning-habits :)But then...when I first saw the tapestry, the crones speaking to me, the image of the woemn on the tapestry and their voices, and that haunting music? Geez, that was/is truly phenomenal in my eyes...

Then the crone's request, well, at least I saved the children (though even then I alter had to realize I damned others to death...), but hell, those crones, they look so amazingly ugly, horrifying, every horror-movie could be proud of featuring them, like straight from something like Silent Hill. And I immediately despised them.

Okay, after that, the Baron, who was so cheerful at first, like some Robert Baratheon...and bit by it that facade crumbled away. The Quest with the "Botchling"? Oh my god, how sad and terrible. I am a grown man but, I won't lie, this really cramped my heart a bit, and it only got worse from there...

And then...a final confrontation in the Bogs, again even more tears (and I am not sure if it was scripted or luckily coincidence, but just as I lifted the curse and the mourning for the victim began it had grown dark, and a fierce wind was blowing, speaking of atmosphere...oh, and I even kinda started to like a certain Witch Hunter for some reason, even though I swore to myself to oppse those pricks at all costs but that guy was...simply cool, and even likeable...another great supporting character in my book

So yeah, I'd say this whole questline alone was worth buying the game for now, even though it might seem like an over-exaggeration to some. And maybe others are not as impressed as me but...I repeat myself, atmosphere, this game, whereever I gow, gives me shivers, a feeling of something out there, of danger all around. The designers nailed it, and I cannot think of any other game this year to deserve the title of best game, by miles...

Okay, I had to write this of my chest :lol: But I hope its not the true ending, or at least that I will meet a certain trio again...I have some scores to settle :cool:

Never realy touch first mods when new game is released i´ll wait few weeks months when mod creator is released.

Plus most mods shown now on nexus are for cheating which i don´t install or interested in and graphic wise for now im satisfied hopefully near future also ENB for TW3.

And some awesome nude mods ;)

How hard would it be to create sex animations mods for TW3 ? I hope the sex sequences aren't hard coded or anything... Kinda surprised that all sex scenes are basically the same animations, they said a few years back that there would be 16h of it right ?

Not desperate tho, giving TW3 more sex is OUR job *wink**wink*wink*

Wait what ?!! @jxm why didn't you tell me Yenn was a hunchback and made herself pretty using her magical powers ?! I'd have never chose her over Triss if I knew that ! 

Bitch is acting all smug and snob when she was a nasty bent hag before she learned surgery magics, holy shit I'd never have thought...

TRISS COME BACK I MESSED UP PLEASE !!!

Wait what ?!! @jxm why didn't you tell me Yenn was a hunchback and made herself pretty using her magical powers ?! I'd have never chose her over Triss if I knew that ! 

Bitch is acting all smug and snob when she was a nasty bent hag before she learned surgery magics, holy shit I'd never have thought...

Hehe thats true for all witcher sorceress. Magic in Witcher lore is feared , distrusted and often hated. Also it doesn't profit the family, so sending their kids for study is not something that is desired but rather done when the kid is unwanted. So for male its when there are already successors and there is no heritage left for the youngest boy. Females are sent for magic study when they are ugly as f@$ and got no chance for profitable marriage and thus they can avoid puting up dowry.

It is also mentioned that long days of study doesn't do well for beauty.

Then at some point the sorceress gains enough magic skill to correct nature and from that point they hate ugliness with passion :]

(hence i choose Shani in W1 but she was forgotten :( )

Triss vs Yen ? it is Triss for me , Yen got awful ego ( books)

Little spoiler for 6lv main quest.

Atm i just discovered Keira and had little go with her, wonder if that will cause issues with Triss romance as first time in witcher i had option to refuse sex with "Sorry, there is someone else..." lol.

Hehe thats true for all witcher sorceress. Magic in Witcher lore is feared , distrusted and often hated. Also it doesn't profit the family, so sending their kids for study is not something that is desired but rather done when the kid is unwanted. So for male its when there are already successors and there is no heritage left for the youngest boy. Females are sent for magic study when they are ugly as f@$ and got no chance for profitable marriage and thus they can avoid puting up dowry.

It is also mentioned that long days of study doesn't do well for beauty.

Then at some point the sorceress gains enough magic skill to correct nature and from that point they hate ugliness with passion :]

(hence i choose Shani in W1 but she was forgotten :( )

Triss vs Yen ? it is Triss for me , Yen got awful ego ( books)

Little spoiler for 6lv main quest.

Atm i just discovered Keira and had little go with her, wonder if that will cause issues with Triss romance as first time in witcher i had option to refuse sex with "Sorry, there is someone else..." lol.

About Keira

It's okay, looks like for once there exists a game where you are not under the impression that you are the most important person in the place. Which means it looks like that Yenn and Triss have some relationships of their own on their sides, so as long as it's nothing too involved they don't consider it cheating. Which means Keira = just sex, no whining, win-win situation. Watch out if you try to fuck Yenn after you fucked Triss tho, or both will dump you as I've said in a post before...

PS : Holy shit, I've just finished the quest "Carnal Sins" in Novigrad ... I'm a complete mess right now, made me cry and everything. Not even gonna mention it in a spoiler, just, just if you see a new level 14 quest called Cabaret in your journal, prepare your ass for some hard cold shit ... 

Well, you probably won't like it then that Triss is, after her famous battle at that Hill, also is horribly scarred (in thte books its said she cannot wear a revealing dress anymore as not even illusions seems to work, but that seemed to have changed, like her chestnut hair to red ^^ )

And Yenn's background makes it even more sad and interesting. She was scorned her whole young life until she found magic and thus a purpose and place in life. And hey, she surely does not look like a lady of the woods ... ^^

And after all the crime, incest, murder, suicide that I experienced the last days ... today I finish my Witcher 3 day on a high and funny note...

I met a Troll! No, two trolls, but the second one ...near Oxenfurt...well ...not exactly like this but... :D :D :D

Yeah wanted that collector ed too but I was lazy and just downloaded the thing on Steam, guess I'll hoard it back from ebay at some point. It's just gotta be on my shelf. 

Dunno about you people playing right now, but I haven't finished even 3/4 of the main quest and I'm already thinking about my second playthrough :lol: 

Just banged the first woman in game, a sorceress at that one too! Went through quite some trouble for her to get to that, but it's definitely worth it, Romance/sex scene is again well done by CDPR! even better than it was in TW2 IMO, hope the next one will be as good!

Life seems to be lovely and all for our witcher, until I started doing Jenny O' the woods, got my butt kicked over and over and finally gave up and decided to level up and go on some treasure hunting before I take her on again. Holy crap , the map is HUGE! I can't begin to fathom how long it will take to complete every quest in the game, story of a lev10 Geralt so far.

BTW, what is the best quest you've played? In terms of story, characters and all? For me, it's towerful of mice, such a tragedy, I almost feel sorry for the two protagonists for what happened to them, and just when I began to grow a bit of consolation for the poor guy at the end of the quest, then crap..... but what happened shortly after with our blonde sorceress quickly lightened things up, gotta love CDPR!!

BTW, what is the best quest you've played? In terms of story, characters and all? For me, it's towerful of mice, such a tragedy, I almost feel sorry for the two protagonists for what happened to them, and just when I began to grow a bit of consolation for the poor guy at the end of the quest, then crap..... but what happened shortly after with our blonde sorceress quickly lightened things up, gotta love CDPR!!

Carnal Sins in Novigrad is the most tragic for me. Things do end up on some sort of a high note, but it's still bitter, and extremely pessimistic... Plus the events completely take you by surprise, you go to have fun with Dandelion at his new Cabaret and out of the blue things go to complete shit... No more details, but if anyone gets to that point come back here so we can discuss it a bit more. 

Most epic quest is without doubt The Lord Of Undvik. Norse style adventure, with Vikings, giants, sirens, a magical horn, trolls, a magical dwarven forge, a hero with the blood of kings, a mad Jarl, the legendary ship of the giants supposed to fight the legions of the dead and the Gods themselves during Rag Na Roog ... I mean shit I was jumping up and down, felt like Sigurd or Ragnar Lothbrook sometimes. 

Funniest one would be Of Dairy And Darkness. Quite a hard quest to get, it starts with a merchant somewhere in Novigrad selling mysterious items stolen from a destroyed mage's house located south east of Oxenfurt. And he was the most ridiculous "mage" ever. 

I want to buy a ton of beer to the guys who wrote those, didn't have this much fun since forever ... 

PS : I have not seen the sun nor my friends nor even my girlfriend in two days. And I smell like shit too ! Also I think I almost became blind this morning when a white page popped up on my screen during a cut scene. Yeah. 

*No Spoilers*

Finished the game yesterday. I got to say despite some people bitching about the graphics of this game I will just say regardless this is still the best looking game I have played since ENB skyrim so I dont really care about that. The story amazing and I am happy I got the 'good ending'.

Now just need to wait for the mods.

I highly suggest to everyone here to save the game before doing "Ugly Baby", make sure to remember this quest name. this is kind of the crucial point where most of your decisions start to have huge consequences so if you dont want to restart from scratch then this point of the game is your best bet.

Once you are satisfied then begin doing this quest and enjoy the ride from then on.

Just another little tip to some people here as well, some trivial decisions to you might cause huge consequences, I know people have bitching for not doing some mundane things and got a horrible ending. So I will just give you 2 cryptic tips that you might thank me for later. If you figure them out.

1) The little things in life matter & sometimes its good to be a little mischievous.

2) When it comes to the issue of Kings, look at the bigger picture. Ignore past 'friendships'.

I did not spoil anything, just gave tips, they are cryptic enough that you might even completely miss them but it might save you some annoying consequences later on. If you prefer to be completely blind to the choices you make then be my guest.

*No Spoilers*

Finished the game yesterday. I got to say despite some people bitching about the graphics of this game I will just say regardless this is still the best looking game I have played since ENB skyrim so I dont really care about that. The story amazing and I am happy I got the 'good ending'.

I highly suggest to everyone here to save the game before doing "Ugly Baby", make sure to remember this quest name. this is kind of the crucial point where most of your decisions start to have huge consequences so if you dont want to restart from scratch then this point of the game is your best bet.

Once you are satisfied then begin doing this quest and enjoy the ride from then on.

Just another little tip to some people here as well, some trivial decisions to you might cause huge consequences, I know people have bitching for not doing some mundane things and got a horrible ending. So I will just give you 2 cryptic tips that you might thank me for later. If you figure them out.

1) The little things in life matter & sometimes its good to be a little mischievous.

2) When it comes to the issue of Kings, look at the bigger picture. Ignore past 'friendships'.

I did not spoil anything, just gave tips, they are cryptic enough that you might even completely miss them but it might save you some annoying consequences later on. If you prefer to be completely blind to the choices you make then be my guest.

Lol so random, I was on my way to Ugly Baby when I saw your post. Thanks for the tip ! Don't think I understood fully your second advice, but I guess I'll just go at it my way and see whatever happens. If I fail I deserved the bad ending anyway, will just have to make another playthrough bahaha 

For me, still the Bloody Baron. Tower of Mice was good though. Especially because it was 100% in-line with Sapkoswki's short-stories...which usually took an original legend and "witcherized" it (In that case the legend of the "Mousetower of Bingen am Rhein"). Oh, and me and the blonde sorc, well, I had to reload here for the first time to rectify an answer that I didn't thought would lead to...a not so lovely outcome. But there is a way to at least do everything right with her, ot at least it seems so for now ... I don't trust this game though :ph34r:

*No Spoilers*

Lol so random, I was on my way to Ugly Baby when I saw your post. Thanks for the tip ! Don't think I understood fully your second advice, but I guess I'll just go at it my way and see whatever happens. If I fail I deserved the bad ending anyway, will just have to make another playthrough bahaha 

Hm... I guess for the second one think of it in terms of "The King is Dead, Long Live the King" maybe the old era is not the best way for the future.

You might have to decide doing a little evil for the greater good.

If you are already at ugly baby then you can already do (maybe already did) the first quest in the series of quest that will begin later on.

Edit: by the way to answer your earlier question, yea I took Triss too, it kind of reminded me of a RL situation. When you like someone early on you ignore all their flaws but people constantly tell you how terrible she is. It dawned on me that everyone in the game is constantly telling you Yen is a total bitch but your own interactions never showed too much of this... hence I think Geralt suffers from this symptom. So I decided to go for Triss, she just seems a better person comparatively no matter what history between Yen and Geralt is in the books/past.

Hm... I guess for the second one think of it in terms of "The King is Dead, Long Live the King" maybe the old era is not the best way for the future.

If you are already at ugly baby then you can already do (maybe already did) the first quest in the series of quest that will begin later on.

Edit: by the way to answer your earlier question, yea I took Triss too, it kind of reminded me of a RL situation. When you like someone early on you ignore all their flaws but people constantly tell you how terrible she is. It dawned on me that everyone in the game is constantly telling you Yen is a total bitch but your own interactions never showed too much of this... hence I think Geralt suffers from this symptom. So I decided to go for Triss, she just seems a better person comparatively no matter what history between Yen and Geralt is in the books/past.

Oh I see, it's about the king(? :P) of Skellige. I've made my choice, doesn't matter if it's a mistake I think she's the person for the job. And yeah

The baby ... Throwing it in the oven was one of the hardest fucking choices I've had to make in a game since ME2 xD

Oh I see, it's about the king(? :P) of Skellige. I've made my choice, doesn't matter if it's a mistake I think she's the person for the job. And yeah

The baby ... Throwing it in the oven was one of the hardest fucking choices I've had to make in a game since ME2 xD

Hehe, if thats what you think. Well. we shall see.

just remember when an NPC says "I need you to help me later" is ussually a pretty big deal.

Alright so ... Triss and the Witch Hunters ... damn, that was...an unpleasant experience. First I went "guns-blazing", but...I reloaded to see what the more "subtle approach would bring. Not pleasant, actually quite painful to sit through (even though you don't see anything)...But I guess I'll stick with this unpleasant way of solving the quest, somehow it makes for a more interesting story...and at least the end was rather satisfying. Sorry Triss though...I hope they got good manicurists in Novigrad...

Archived