[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

14 hours ago, landess said:

Define this: Is it only the KW radial menu option which is missing, or the menu itself no longer appears making the game completely unplayable? 

Upon 1st installing KW, depending on the processing power of your machine, it takes a short time for it to accrue the assets in your individual game set-up (no 2 set-ups are alike between systems/mod use).

Once this is done in the radial menu a Kinky World option appears. This will have the Register option. Use it to 'self-install' Kinky World into your currently played game/save. Do this for every save you want KW to run in. Reverse this process if removing KW, Un-register it first, before making a save and quitting - then remove the mod from the folder - or you will most likely corrupt that save for future use. You must once again do this (UN-REGISTER before removal) for EVERY save using KW. After KW registers, a second menu option will appear simply called Kinky, along with the Kinky World  option (this can vary depending on object selected).

Once the game registers KW it will scan all objects in that save (happens at the beginning of the game load EVERY TIME) and apply scripts to them last after the game has applied every other mod. This is a forced override feature to try and make KW have the last word, but some mods like NRaas are also 'CORE' mods, which changes how the game reads it's own information as well, so it can get dicey until one is familiar with their game and both mods. Even then - nothings perfect. If you get freaked out when things aren't perfect, I suggest stepping away from this mod now.

This is how KW loads into the game - Since you have this problem and 99.9% of other users report no such thing it's something at your end, like it or not, so get over it and try to figure out why your install is acting up. People will help, but you have to do some of the work as well - meaning understanding PC's, The Sims 3, Mod usage, etc. Then we can speak a common language and sort out what you may be overlooking. Don't make me post the Snape GIF again declaring there will be no silly wand-waving. :) 

Yeppers! If they do nothing, then there's 'nothing' they do. Mod makers aren't perfect either - shit happens sometimes. Take it or leave it - That's my outlook on Mods after years of use. I gave up crying years ago and I wish others would as well. This last part isn't directed at you Merkle. I just see the same whining and foot stomping when things don't go the way some 'users' want all too often and it changes NOTHING. So yeah - as you download more and more shit, you'll find CC when taken into CAST will have channels that either don't 'work', or change very little. Clothing is usually the biggest offender, but it's a CAST thing, not a clothing thing - depending on the creator's 'wishes'.

Hey thank you for you´re help but Sometimes there is an option for to enable Kinky World but most of the time there isn´t even an option for me to enable it in game 

I really don´t know why this is happening but thanks for you´re help 

5 hours ago, merkle said:

Does it also delete photos from inventory?

I think this is the safe place for them - I know paintings on walls can also be 'wiped' leaving that 'water-color blotch' (placeholder) instead. Unsure about a painting still on the easel?

I could check with a small test save as well as the next person - Take some photos, hang some on the wall, put some in inventory, leave some in the phone - paint some pictures, hang one, put the other in Family Inventory - clean the save and see what shakes out....

https://leealeesims3.wordpress.com/2017/07/16/kurees-ts3-save-cleaner/

https://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

https://www.nraas.net/community/chatterbox/topic4670

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims3/comments/ef2gh4/personal_tips_to_fight_save_bloat_reduce_loading/

Doing some more reading it looks as if one of the versions can be run from a folder anywhere (desktop referenced) and the utility will ask to be pointed to the saves. My experience with it says figuring it out is worth the effort - Manually cleaning works also, but requires the player to understand the process better and go through all the motions 'manually', instead of selecting a save and clicking once to clean, and again to exit the completion confirmation (which shows the file reduction results).

2 hours ago, landess said:

I could check with a small test save

Okay: Made 4 paintings - 3 were standard and one was made from photo taken from an 'ask to pose' interaction. Paintings were placed: On wall, family inventory, sim inventory, easel.

Took 6 photos - 3 were made with the default camera, and 3 were KW selfies. Both types were placed the same: One left in camera, sim inventory, on wall.

Ran Kuree's save cleaner and reloaded the save: ALL paintings and photos remained in game. The ones which are said to be deleted by the save cleaning are probably tied to the 'memories' feature. So Prom photo's, etc. being mentioned as deleting after cleaning the save must have something else going on with the game engine mechanics.

Spoiler

Before with cleaner shown

875661166_Cleansave.png.78a29157fd8086b6530970209b02df55.png

After - with objects placed for examination

Screenshot-618.jpg.b6ed878ec2c2345c5aab0ef513e3291c.jpg

Yes - it's my fast shitty version of Bob Ross :) 

So I can say Kuree's won't affect these types of paintings or photos, in the locations mentioned. Test successful for the given parameters.

Sorry if this has been asked but  a sim of mine can't use the "seduce" interaction because (Interactions/Tooltips:notattractice). How do I fix (or cheat) this? Or can I disable the inaccurate attractiveness scoring in general? Its obviously not linked to physical traits as I put time into making my sims look pretty good if I might say so myself :P.

18 minutes ago, just1mod said:

Sorry if this has been asked but  a sim of mine can't use the "seduce" interaction because (Interactions/Tooltips:notattractice). How do I fix (or cheat) this? Or can I disable the inaccurate attractiveness scoring in general? Its obviously not linked to physical traits as I put time into making my sims look pretty good if I might say so myself :P.

Try selecting your sim and changing the value of their attractiveness. I think you need to select your sim and then KW Debug (or similar) from the pie menu. As far as I know those score values are all set to 5. With every new game I spend way too much time changing every sims score as my household meets them lol. I can't remember how traits and Lifetime rewards affects this score if at all. You should be able to seduce if your sim has the mirror icon moodlet but I forget if that actually changes the attractiveness value, On the other hand, if you use KW Debug and adjust the attractiveness score to 7 (I think) or above, your sim should have the mirror icon moodlet added forever.... If that doesn't work, you can look few pages back, I had a problem with a few KW features, including seduce, and had to use nrass to reset the sims. That fixed the issue.

41 minutes ago, just1mod said:

I believe one can also change the KW/Debug/Attraction setting. 7 and above is the magic number I believe - easy enough to test.

the inaccurate attractiveness scoring

How is a number value between 1 and 10 inaccurate? All sims default to 5 using the KW mod. KW mod is also responsible for the seduce interaction - they work together. Players can set it to what they want - values don't care about our pixels. You could make a 'rich ugly' sim attractive or a high level musician/rockstar, Looks aren't 'everything' - ahh now you start to get it.....

not linked to physical traits

What physical traits? - there are lifetime points to spend on rewards and some of these alter values perceived by KW as noted by LadySmoks above. There are certain traits KW has added to the game which WILL be awarded and lifetime point rewards for doing certain actions or reaching certain milestones also. No reason to waste a slot on say - incestuous - for example. Sims will gain that by messing around with family a few times. No reason to purchase Slut or Pervert - they are awarded those for reaching level 10 woohoo. 

We all struggle with trying to decipher exactly what some of the mod features do and how they are linked to the base game, since there are also EP's used for some things which aren't always mentioned. One EP introduced the 'Irresistible' trait and it 'could' also be added to a hidden list of shit KW reads, but who really knows? We can only test or observe things and try to make a note or share them so this long ass post covers as much as we can figure out.

So you put them right in the Sims3 folder.  Didn't work for me.  Same result.  <scratching head>  I'll play with this some more.  Seems like a simple program.  There has to be a simple explanation.

Googling this there is a lot of talk about it not working and some say version 1.1 works while 2.1 and 2.2 don't.  My results:

v1.1 works

v2.1 loads without errors, but hangs when cleaning

v2.2 errors when loading

There is some talk about different versions deleting photos.

21 hours ago, landess said:

one will begin getting the dreaded Error 12.

What is this Error 12?  I don't recall ever seeing anything like that (maybe I'm just lucky?)  I've gotten plenty of CTD's and a few freezes that force a complete reboot.  Neither of these seem like the kind of things that would leave an error log behind.

11 hours ago, merkle said:

move the photos from your phone to inventory

Usually forget about moving things like that to inventory, and have started considering them a casualty of speed. )))

4 hours ago, landess said:

paintings

Not 100% sure, but I believe paintings by sims become part of the saved house/ household, whereas photos are memories, as Merkle says. If you open the save with s3pe, paintings are not among the imgs.

It's possible that Save Cleaner is able to separate photos from the other images and not delete them? I'll try it again, using your instructions. )))

26 minutes ago, merkle said:

What is this Error 12?

I believe it is an error from RAM use over limit, and has been an issue since the first piece of CC was added to someone's game. Do a search for "sims 3 error code 12 and 16". PAGES!!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, merkle said:

What is this Error 12?

Yeah, you can get that when the game exceeds memory usage that the save function can read. So it basically throws it's hands up and declares Error 12 when trying to save, although the game will continue to run. As I posted earlier, if you had customized Sims or Lot's, one can still save these to their respective bins for later after reloading the game/save.

On some of my saves which are pretty big (over 2GB) I have to be careful if going into CAS and making a lot of changes, or using Build/Buy since they load up the game memory. Usually I'm saving like a priest on Sunday as soon as I make a change - just in case.

One can see from my Photo/Painting test how much memory increased from making 2 basic sims/household, spending less than 24 hours in that save and having a minimal location to do the test - foundation, wall, 2 easels, couch and lounge chair. Add the photo's and paintings.....   When cleaned it dropped around 30%.

1 hour ago, merkle said:

Didn't work for me.

58 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

I'll try it again, using your instructions.

Both of you guys make sure you have the NET dll needed - even if you think it does, try it again. I'm not savvy enough to troubleshoot Windows OS. I could always see if I can find anything in the Steam discussions about Save Cleaner, as there 'might' be info there which doesn't pertain to my 'all disk' install....

>>> Okay, just got back from the Steam forums. There was a lot of misinformation, but I finally found a reply from Igazor - His post says only the old version 1 save cleaner will work on a Steam install - So I have no way of knowing if this actually means an Origin install, since most all EA games on Steam now also require the Origin client....

Spoiler
igazor iconGames.png Feb 5 @ 3:12pm 
notification_icon_flag_dark.png?v=1forum_topicicon_reply.png?v=1
TS3 mods are never platform or install-type specific. They work (or do not work, as the case may be) exactly the same on Steam, Origin, retail disc installs, and even on the Mac version of the game.

There are some popular game utilities out there that will not work on Steam installs such as EasyCASP Editor and Save Cleaner (only the older version 1 works), but these are applications and not really mods.
Last edited by igazor; Feb 5 @ 3:12pm

I myself have added a lot of mods, and upgraded my KW build since 1st using Kuree's save cleaner, so I can rule those out as a reason for utility failure to perform.

Also from another post:

Spoiler
igazor iconGames.png Jun 24 @ 3:32pm 
notification_icon_flag_dark.png?v=1forum_topicicon_reply.png?v=1
If a single nhd file within a save is over or even anywhere close to 4 GB, that save pretty likely became garbage a very long time ago. But this is the metric to look at, the nhd file of the world actually being played, within the game save folder. How large would that be now? The size of the entire save (folder) is not as significant because if you invoke world travel, there would be more files in there than are actually loading up into and out of RAM in any given play session.

I typically take action when an nhd gets to be over 300 MB or so, others let things go a bit higher like to 500 MB or maybe 750 MB (this is asking for trouble, usually). And others take action much sooner than that and express discomfort if their nhd files are much above 100 or 150 MB. One thing that bloats up nhd and overall save sizes significantly is scrapbook memories if that feature is not switched off or controlled by a mod.

By taking action, we mean using Save Cleaner. On Steam installs, v2 won't work but v1 still does. I would recommend the older version anyway because it doesn't have the capacity to mess up (blank out) certain in-game paintings and photographs like v2 does.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4670603#post4670603

Another things to look at when it comes to Error 16s is how much free space you have on the drive that is running the game and how much on the drive that is carrying your Documents folder (hence your user game folder) if they happen to be different from each other. Out of drive space errors I think are usually Error 13s, but I believe they can be 16s too sometimes.

3 hours ago, landess said:

Both of you guys make sure you have the NET dll needed - even if you think it does, try it again. I'm not savvy enough to troubleshoot Windows OS. I could always see if I can find anything in the Steam discussions about Save Cleaner, as there 'might' be info there which doesn't pertain to my 'all disk' install....

>>> Okay, just got back from the Steam forums. There was a lot of misinformation, but I finally found a reply from Igazor - His post says only the old version 1 save cleaner will work on a Steam install - So I have no way of knowing if this actually means an Origin install, since most all EA games on Steam now also require the Origin client....

I have a steam install, so that explains that.  v1.1 seems to work fine, it's just a clunkier UI.  Reduced my last save from 200 MB to 77 MB.?

Interesting comment about scrapbook memories.  I never thought of that, but it makes sense.

3 hours ago, landess said:

Yeah, you can get that when the game exceeds memory usage that the save function can read. So it basically throws it's hands up and declares Error 12 when trying to save, although the game will continue to run. As I posted earlier, if you had customized Sims or Lot's, one can still save these to their respective bins for later after reloading the game/save.

On some of my saves which are pretty big (over 2GB) I have to be careful if going into CAS and making a lot of changes, or using Build/Buy since they load up the game memory. Usually I'm saving like a priest on Sunday as soon as I make a change - just in case.

One can see from my Photo/Painting test how much memory increased from making 2 basic sims/household, spending less than 24 hours in that save and having a minimal location to do the test - foundation, wall, 2 easels, couch and lounge chair. Add the photo's and paintings.....   When cleaned it dropped around 30%.

I see.  Thanks.  I don't use nearly as much CC as you do so my saves aren't nearly that big (maybe 200 MB).

On a tangent, do you use S3PE to condense your .package files?  Reading comments on the web is pretty mixed as to whether it helps or not.  I have about 100 .package files in my mods folder.

5 hours ago, landess said:

actually means an Origin install

It's a possibility, as Merkle had said during his trials that only v1 worked for him. I'm 99.99999% sure I have the latest Net 4.0 update installed, but will of course check again. I'm also 99.999 etc % sure I always tried the newer version of cleaner. And it's been a long long LONG time since I used EasyCASP. Not even on my last 3 laptops... maybe even before.

THANKS! I'll download version 1 and try it when I get time. )))

2 hours ago, merkle said:

100 .package files

A lot of different stories about the safe number there too. Landess and I both merge packages to save space and load time. I think it was again Igazor who I may have read saying that it isn't so much the size of the file, but the number of files being read that cause slow downs. Also, 100 being the limit for sim3packs. As for merging packages, landess will tell you to of course, back up and archive the files you plan to merge. 

Oh... and the Cadillac only has 1 color channel in the mask... for the body of the car, so even with #2 and #3 showing, they are dead.

5 hours ago, merkle said:

use S3PE to condense your .package files?

Yes. Each package has an address the game must look at before it reads the information. So imagine some mods are a book, and others are a piece of paper. Each time the game goes to read one, it gets out the ladder, climbs it, grabs the reading material, climbs back down and reads it. Now it's ready to read the next mod - you can see there is wasted time by doing this.

Merging packages is like putting all those mods into a 3-ring binder, so the game/computer only has to make a single trip before reading them all at once. It's just more efficient.

Now some words of advice: Keep the merge packages manageable - My 1st one was HUGE. If I try to mess with it (remove a mod), my saves from before won't work. I can replace mods, but that's also a pain.....

So I make many Merged Packages: Never mix a Script type package if you know you'll likely need to update it as well. So for the sake of argument, one doesn't merge their KW/NRaas/Animations packages. But ALL those objects like furniture/patterns/hair/clothes - Oh Hell yeah! Mash'em up....

I also try to merge 'trusted authors' together, since one can just add more files to a merged package. So creators like JoshQ/LadySmoks - just for examples, there are many more - each have 'their own' merged package file in my game containing only stuff made by them. If one finds an issue with the game sometime AFTER merging packages, then they can look to the merge's by random downloads, and not the 'trusted' ones for easier troubleshooting. >I tend to merge mods AFTER I run them for awhile as an added chance to find issues 1st.

S3PE will appear to stop, with a 'not responding' message on it's header while compiling the new merged package - be patient, ignore this and wait......

- For archival purposes I keep a separate folder for each merged package. Inside I keep a copy of all mods in that merge, as well as a copy of the merge itself. If I make a new merge by adding to it, I keep a copy of the new along with the one replaced. I use the date along with a descriptor name for each merge. I can use this date to determine which archived merge has what files in it since the copied files will be properly dated when added to this folder.

Spoiler

1------------|

2------------|

3------------|

4------------|

5------------|=========  numbers112320.package    /   All placed into a folder together, with a copy of 'numbers112320.package' placed into the mod folder

6------------|

7------------|

8------------|

9------------|

When one uses the launcher to add Sims3Packs - they are essentially making merged packages as well - but - removing these is a serious pain because the launcher has multiple merged packages with the contents using 'package' names generated by the launcher. One can see these 'names' if they choose to change sims3packs to .packages and don't name/rename them. So finding the correct file to remove from the games default form of mod use is near impossible without using the launcher to do your work for you. But this also requires you to rename every 'merged' package type the game generates to find it - one at a time. UGH! >Also being 'forced' to use the launcher is a reminder to my suspicious nature that the launcher is a form of spyware, so it's in the best interest of EA to get the player to use it as much as possible....

Spoiler

On the left is what the Sims3Packs turn into before being merged into the files on the right. Looking at the dates - the right side shows EVERY file is date-changed when the player runs the game. So one can see finding a specific file in EA's house of pain isn't the best way to manage CC

sims3pack2package2DBC.png.c7d0a514ff518201e6dc6b43abbe89bc.png

This reminds me - I need to delete all those files in the 'backup'. They aren't used for anything.....

>tldr: Now following some common sense I hope I shared -  by using merged packages, one speeds up the game. By not merging files which will likely be superseded the user saves time. By merging specific files together, they will have an easier time troubleshooting issues which may arise. By keeping the number of files merged reasonable, they avoid issues with saves when a merged package is manipulated.

1 hour ago, landess said:

Yes. Each package has an address the game must look at before it reads the information. So imagine some mods are a book, and others are a piece of paper. Each time the game goes to read one, it gets out the ladder, climbs it, grabs the reading material, climbs back down and reads it. Now it's ready to read the next mod - you can see there is wasted time by doing this.....

I get the concept.  I just question at what point the improvement becomes meaningful.  My loads don't take more than a few minutes now.  If it loads 10 seconds faster I really don't care that much.  If it's a minute faster, that's worthwhile.    I'm sure it all depends on the individual situation and how many package files there are.  You probably would have hundreds if not for merging.  I don't use nearly as much CC.  I have about 100 without merging.  I've merged a handful and there isn't a noticeable difference.  Still, just from a file management perspective it might make sense to merge groups of related files.

55 minutes ago, landess said:

I tend to merge mods AFTER I run them for awhile as an added chance to find issues 1st.

The resource that Nonsequitur posted has slots for "TEST" and "Probation", in addition to Overrides and Packages. So, it would be convenient to place new files into one of those. My recourse is set up a little differently, but similar, and my own test packages and downloads are separated from the main Package folder that way.

My biggest problem is when I try to update MY old junk from a few years ago. I didn't separate things so much back then and keep a separate archive back up. Live and learn! I have an old file that I thought I had removed showing up on random sims... Well, half showing. Of the 3 presets, only one shows the texture, and the others are tan mesh. AND... I haven't been able to find it using s3pe instance ID search box. So... for @merkle, start merging the right way and keep back up archives of the individual packages!!! Wish I had met landess before I buggered things a few years ago!

10 minutes ago, merkle said:

I just question at what point the improvement becomes meaningful.

And rightly so. Over time when you're sitting there wondering why it's taking so long to load - is usually a good time to take action. After all it's only about time, which is something only the player can define as 'taking too long'.

Usually at this point one sees a comparative improvement - feels good about the actions they took, and move on.

17 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

The resource that Nonsequitur posted has slots for "TEST" and "Probation", in addition to Overrides and Packages. So, it would be convenient to place new files into one of those. My recourse is set up a little differently, but similar, and my own test packages and downloads are separated from the main Package folder that way

For myself - they are ALL test until I play for awhile. Once I'm satisfied everything is not FUBAR, then I go in and begin separating and merging per my choice of file management.

I like to think we all have varying levels of OCD - which serve us well individually.

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

It's a possibility, as Merkle had said during his trials that only v1 worked for him. I'm 99.99999% sure I have the latest Net 4.0 update installed, but will of course check again. I'm also 99.999 etc % sure I always tried the newer version of cleaner. And it's been a long long LONG time since I used EasyCASP. Not even on my last 3 laptops... maybe even before.

THANKS! I'll download version 1 and try it when I get time. )))

Just tried running a cleaned save and ran into problems.  The UI panel is missing the face of my sim on the icon and over the top of the UI. 

image.png.7b40dbe0ebd6f7530b90fbbf938d79f6.png

Also,  Nraas MC doesn't work right.  I didn't time it but it loaded only marginally faster even though it reduced the file size from 200 MB to 77 MB.  Fortunately I had backed up my save first.  If you do try it, make sure you do the same.  I may try a manual clean later to see if that works better.

18 hours ago, James2112 said:

Try selecting your sim and changing the value of their attractiveness. I think you need to select your sim and then KW Debug (or similar) from the pie menu. As far as I know those score values are all set to 5. With every new game I spend way too much time changing every sims score as my household meets them lol. I can't remember how traits and Lifetime rewards affects this score if at all. You should be able to seduce if your sim has the mirror icon moodlet but I forget if that actually changes the attractiveness value, On the other hand, if you use KW Debug and adjust the attractiveness score to 7 (I think) or above, your sim should have the mirror icon moodlet added forever.... If that doesn't work, you can look few pages back, I had a problem with a few KW features, including seduce, and had to use nrass to reset the sims. That fixed the issue.

That's the answer I was looking for . I'll play around a bit. Cheers :)

18 hours ago, landess said:

I believe one can also change the KW/Debug/Attraction setting. 7 and above is the magic number I believe - easy enough to test.

How is a number value between 1 and 10 inaccurate? All sims default to 5 using the KW mod. KW mod is also responsible for the seduce interaction - they work together. Players can set it to what they want - values don't care about our pixels. You could make a 'rich ugly' sim attractive or a high level musician/rockstar, Looks aren't 'everything' - ahh now you start to get it.....

What physical traits? - there are lifetime points to spend on rewards and some of these alter values perceived by KW as noted by LadySmoks above. There are certain traits KW has added to the game which WILL be awarded and lifetime point rewards for doing certain actions or reaching certain milestones also. No reason to waste a slot on say - incestuous - for example. Sims will gain that by messing around with family a few times. No reason to purchase Slut or Pervert - they are awarded those for reaching level 10 woohoo. 

We all struggle with trying to decipher exactly what some of the mod features do and how they are linked to the base game, since there are also EP's used for some things which aren't always mentioned. One EP introduced the 'Irresistible' trait and it 'could' also be added to a hidden list of shit KW reads, but who really knows? We can only test or observe things and try to make a note or share them so this long ass post covers as much as we can figure out.

I was just making a joke about my self-sim being deemed unattractive :P. I was trying to ask how to change the values/traits to get attractiveness up, whether through changing traits manually or a gameplay way like maybe sending your sim to the gym to work out or doing stereotypical things like buying someone a drink or doing the housework. Perhaps I was not clear or a bit too informal. Thanks for the pointers anyway. :)

5 hours ago, just1mod said:

my self-sim being deemed unattractive :P

All sims start at 5 of 10 (I think)... not just your sim. I had forgotten about changing it in debug, but there IS a lifetime reward for attractive.