hella_gay Posted April 9, 2015 Posted April 9, 2015 I'm having some problems with my careers after installing this mod. Everything else works fine, but when my Sim finds a job and accepts the job, they're still jobless. I'll try running it without the mods and see if it's just my game, but this didn't happen before I installed the mod so, i don't know..
Darth Omix Posted April 9, 2015 Posted April 9, 2015 I'm having some problems with my careers after installing this mod. Everything else works fine, but when my Sim finds a job and accepts the job, they're still jobless. I'll try running it without the mods and see if it's just my game, but this didn't happen before I installed the mod so, i don't know.. An update related to Get to Work changed some scripts so some things might be screwy until the mod gets updated to compensate.
hella_gay Posted April 9, 2015 Posted April 9, 2015 I'm having some problems with my careers after installing this mod. Everything else works fine, but when my Sim finds a job and accepts the job, they're still jobless. I'll try running it without the mods and see if it's just my game, but this didn't happen before I installed the mod so, i don't know.. An update related to Get to Work changed some scripts so some things might be screwy until the mod gets updated to compensate. Alright. I'll wait for that then. Thanks! ^^ And my test without the mods, didn't work, they still didn't get a job. So, it's most likely that.
AwfulArchdemon Posted April 9, 2015 Posted April 9, 2015 Wow. An expansion specifically for getting new jobs, and the update...broke jobs. Can't EA do anything right?
Semajitor Posted April 9, 2015 Author Posted April 9, 2015 Alright, the new files are up in the main post. Have at it guys! The initial release doesn't include the Babies For Everyone or Same Sex Pregnancy, but I'll work on that next week and see what I can come up with. I'll try to get aliens into the mix as well, provided it doesn't completely wreck the genetics engine. And for those having trouble with careers, I've dropped that part of the Teen to Adult update. There isn't enough desire for it in this mod, and with additional expansion packs it just makes things a mess. You should have no problems with the new files regarding your career options, and Teens are back to high school or flipping burgers like normal. Edit: OH, everyone can use Kiss Neck now. That should add some fun! Just to reiterate a point from a previous post, male pregnancy is a normal part of the game with the addition of aliens. If your character has been abducted, he can become pregnant, fair warning. I will also no longer be adding in the content from PTME. The number of changes to files for that particular content is just ridiculous in scope. Feel free however to make changes on your own to update the values in the files. I have no problem with people making changes to this mod so long as you don't post it without linking it back here. This isn't because I want credit, this is to make sure that there is a sort of chain of custody for updates. If a change is made that totally breaks things, I'd rather people be able to see where the change occurred than get stuck waiting for someone to update if they want to do the work on their own. Have fun with it, and let me know if you see any other messed up behavior beyond what I have in the bug tracker. If it involves aliens, I made no changes to that yet, so it's probably an issue with the official release. Just take out the mod and see if it still happens. If not, I'll slam my head into the desk and get to work fixing it. @AwfulArchdemon - I had code in the mod that affected careers for teens originally. If you're using that version and grab the update, the career files made a lot of changes to make sure people are in the right outfit, going to the right location, etc. That stuff is out of the mod now, so you shouldn't have any errors unless the official stuff is broken.
AwfulArchdemon Posted April 9, 2015 Posted April 9, 2015 @AwfulArchdemon - I had code in the mod that affected careers for teens originally, if you're using that version and grab the update, the career files made a lot of changes to make sure people are in the right outfit, going to the right location, etc. That stuff is out of the mod now, so you shouldn't have any errors unless the official stuff is broken. Well... Alright. I'll wait for that then. Thanks! ^^ And my test without the mods, didn't work, they still didn't get a job. So, it's most likely that. If I'm reading hella_gay's ( ) post right, it is broken in the game, regardless of your mod. Anyway, I didn't update yet, so I'm in no trouble. I'm only gonna update if I plan on getting the expansion. So far, I'm not. Not even on sale. Not even free. I hate aliens. When we get some Probe animations, well...that's different.
Darth Omix Posted April 9, 2015 Posted April 9, 2015 @AwfulArchdemon - I had code in the mod that affected careers for teens originally, if you're using that version and grab the update, the career files made a lot of changes to make sure people are in the right outfit, going to the right location, etc. That stuff is out of the mod now, so you shouldn't have any errors unless the official stuff is broken. Well... Alright. I'll wait for that then. Thanks! ^^ And my test without the mods, didn't work, they still didn't get a job. So, it's most likely that. If I'm reading hella_gay's ( ) post right, it is broken in the game, regardless of your mod. Anyway, I didn't update yet, so I'm in no trouble. I'm only gonna update if I plan on getting the expansion. So far, I'm not. Not even on sale. Not even free. I hate aliens. When we get some Probe animations, well...that's different. But the Sims 4 Aliens look so neat. They, and some of the new careers are like the only real reason I want Get To Work. That, and some of the new CAS stuff looks neat.
AwfulArchdemon Posted April 9, 2015 Posted April 9, 2015 ^ They do? I Googled them, but all I could seem to find was TS3 aliens and some TS4 alien mods. Hard to know if that's what they actually look like. They all look so different...
azoresman Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 Aliens do suck. My male sim has been abducted and impregnated a total of eight times. I guess since I keep moving the babies to other households and keep the active family small, the aliens just keep probing his brains out. Thank you for your hard work on this mod. I greatly appreciate it. Man... you made me laugh to tears.
bronze189 Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 Alright, the new files are up in the main post. Have at it guys! The initial release doesn't include the Babies For Everyone or Same Sex Pregnancy, but I'll work on that next week and see what I can come up with. I'll try to get aliens into the mix as well, provided it doesn't completely wreck the genetics engine. And for those having trouble with careers, I've dropped that part of the Teen to Adult update. There isn't enough desire for it in this mod, and with additional expansion packs it just makes things a mess. You should have no problems with the new files regarding your career options, and Teens are back to high school or flipping burgers like normal. Edit: OH, everyone can use Kiss Neck now. That should add some fun! Just to reiterate a point from a previous post, male pregnancy is a normal part of the game with the addition of aliens. If your character has been abducted, he can become pregnant, fair warning. I will also no longer be adding in the content from PTME. The number of changes to files for that particular content is just ridiculous in scope. Feel free however to make changes on your own to update the values in the files. I have no problem with people making changes to this mod so long as you don't post it without linking it back here. This isn't because I want credit, this is to make sure that there is a sort of chain of custody for updates. If a change is made that totally breaks things, I'd rather people be able to see where the change occurred than get stuck waiting for someone to update if they want to do the work on their own. Have fun with it, and let me know if you see any other messed up behavior beyond what I have in the bug tracker. If it involves aliens, I made no changes to that yet, so it's probably an issue with the official release. Just take out the mod and see if it still happens. If not, I'll slam my head into the desk and get to work fixing it. @AwfulArchdemon - I had code in the mod that affected careers for teens originally. If you're using that version and grab the update, the career files made a lot of changes to make sure people are in the right outfit, going to the right location, etc. That stuff is out of the mod now, so you shouldn't have any errors unless the official stuff is broken. While I appreciate your efforts, unfortunately there seems to be a problem with the I_TA_P_NJ_NW mod - namely, once a baby is born (in my household), the UI gets royally screwed up, to the point that opening Build mode and trying to close it again results in the game remaining paused and nothing loading back in. It might have something to do with the Pregnancy Terminator mod I've got running, but I somehow doubt it. Edit - I just installed the same mod without the TA portion (I didn't like the fact that "Try for Baby" with teens didn't account for genetics - kind of weird having two white people make a black baby and vice-versa ), and no UI issues, so it's likely related to the TA file. Whether it effects other mods with TA or just that specific one I have no idea.
Darth Omix Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 ^ They do? I Googled them, but all I could seem to find was TS3 aliens and some TS4 alien mods. Hard to know if that's what they actually look like. They all look so different... Here is a look at a female alien, the new suit, and the suit's textures. Also apparently your Alien Sims can disguise as human Sims to "blend in" and act more like proper aliens than TS3 when they were like a rare thing. I mean you can actually make them in CAS this time, so Maxis obviously wants players to be able to do more with them.
AwfulArchdemon Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 She looks like a blue human with no hair. These mods work for aliens?
Darth Omix Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 She looks like a blue human with no hair. These mods work for aliens? I dunno man, I personally don't have Get To Work.
bortbit Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 @AwfulArchdemon - I had code in the mod that affected careers for teens originally, if you're using that version and grab the update, the career files made a lot of changes to make sure people are in the right outfit, going to the right location, etc. That stuff is out of the mod now, so you shouldn't have any errors unless the official stuff is broken. Well... Alright. I'll wait for that then. Thanks! ^^ And my test without the mods, didn't work, they still didn't get a job. So, it's most likely that. If I'm reading hella_gay's ( ) post right, it is broken in the game, regardless of your mod. Anyway, I didn't update yet, so I'm in no trouble. I'm only gonna update if I plan on getting the expansion. So far, I'm not. Not even on sale. Not even free. I hate aliens. When we get some Probe animations, well...that's different. A few pages back, I referenced some of the files from the non-updated mod that were impacting careers. When I removed those files from the mod at the time, I had no further issues with careers. It is possible that hella_gay had a different mod that was causing career issues, or there was some other problem unrelated to this mod. I'll be pulling in Semajitor's updated version shortly and trying it out. Thanks, Semajitor!
Screech Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 Any other feedback on the new version? I downloaded it but did not try it I'd prefer to wait for more feedback. Thing to fix in the readme, "TA - Teen to Adult(Teen/Adult Romance, and Adult Jobs for Teens)" Since Adult jobs for Teens are not in the mod anymore this part of text should be removed. Also, I'd like to see a little more detailed readme concerning certain aspects of the mods. Lets take the Teen to Adult part: You added the "kiss the neck" interaction to everybody. I think all those changes should be listed so we know exactly what we should expect when installing this mod. It would make the mod testing a lot better if we don't have to guess what's been added or what's been modified/removed.
Semajitor Posted April 10, 2015 Author Posted April 10, 2015 @Bronze189 - The genetics thing might be more related to incest than the teen to adult. If you're trying to have a baby with a sibling or other direct blood relation, the genetics engine just ignores it and randomizes the child. I haven't encountered any problems with teens from outside of the household so far, but I'll run some more tests for that to double check it. If you try just the TA version with no incest and get the same results, please let me know and I'll dig around to identify what is causing that. @Screech - Changed in the front page post, thanks for catching that! As for the more in depth list of changes, I can certainly do that. I'll cobble something together and post it up next week. I can say however that 99% of the changes are in the interactions to either enable incest or add the Teen age category to adult interactions. The focus was of course on social mixer and romance interactions since the new patch reworked most of the career stuff and broke it. And since it seems a lot of people are interested in how all of this is constructed, I think I'll just go ahead and build a tutorial in powerpoint or something once I get the big stuff done on this. Once you start working on the XML for interactions, it's pretty easy to make changes without breaking the game. It'll be a pretty basic tutorial to start and I might extend it into things like postures if I can figure that stuff out, but that'll be for another day. Keep on posting if you run into anything else that's just plain broken. ಠ_ಠ
bronze189 Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 @Bronze189 - The genetics thing might be more related to incest than the teen to adult. If you're trying to have a baby with a sibling or other direct blood relation, the genetics engine just ignores it and randomizes the child. I haven't encountered any problems with teens from outside of the household so far, but I'll run some more tests for that to double check it. If you try just the TA version with no incest and get the same results, please let me know and I'll dig around to identify what is causing that. Oh, the issue wasn't the teen genetics thing - that's just why I was "meh" about getting rid of it, due to that side-effect. The problem I was having was that the UI was getting all kinds of borked (namely hers was showing up as-normal, but my character Mood/goals weren't, then no UI at all after going into and out of Build mode) after Katrina Caliente gave birth - once I swapped mods, the issue didn't appear.
Tinakaur Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 Hi guys just wanted to ask is their teen pregnacy n if their is which one do i use and are all the files on the 1st page updated cuz i think i only saw 1 please help thanks
darkkitten Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 Going through your XML I noticed there was some XML errors, you had <T>TEEN</E> it should be <E>TEEN</E>
Ulgrym Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 @ Semajitor I'm using your current 1.5.139.1020v1_I_TA_P_NW package, and here's a something I found. On the menu under romance, there is now an option for Check Hotness. It doesn't do anything, just loads up a blank icon and then disappears. Unfortunately, for children, it's on the main menu, not under any category, it still doesn't do anything, but thought you might want to look at it. I was also wondering if it would be possible to add Attempt to Seduce under the romance options for all age groups. Or at least allow teens to use it on adults and young adults as well as teens. Oh, and I am loving the Kiss Neck feature I was able to get married without removing the mod, but I didn't get the Alien Double Life achievement when I married a young adult. I did when I eloped with a teen however. Thank you for your very hard work. It's working, and the things I pointed out (and requested) can most likely be put on the back burner for now.
raviolalaviola Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 sorry Semajitor, but could you separate the adult jobs from teens from the teen/adult romance into different mod? I don't like it if it might cause my townie teenagers get an adult jobs
alibabababa Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 Thank you Semajitor I'm downloading your updated mod right now, and will test along the week =)
bortbit Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 Hi guys just wanted to ask is their teen pregnacy n if their is which one do i use and are all the files on the 1st page updated cuz i think i only saw 1 please help thanks Hi Tinakaur. On the first page you should see the files broken up into basically two sections. "current version" and "older versions." Under current version, you'll see just one file. That's the one you want to download. Within that zip file you'll see a number of flavors of the mod. The readme should walk you through what the different flavors mean. I would recommend reading through that to make sure you know which one you want. If I'm understanding you correctly, it looks like you will want one of the flavors that includes "TA" in the name. As for which of those flavors you want (just choose one) you will need to reference the readme. Going through your XML I noticed there was some XML errors, you had <T>TEEN</E> it should be <E>TEEN</E> It might help if you identified the file or files in question where this error has been made. If you've been going through the files I'm sure you noticed that there are quite a large number of them. sorry Semajitor, but could you separate the adult jobs from teens from the teen/adult romance into different mod? I don't like it if it might cause my townie teenagers get an adult jobs Hi nmissibrty. A page back in the thread, Semajitor made this post. In particular, Semajitor addresses your question as follows: And for those having trouble with careers, I've dropped that part of the Teen to Adult update. There isn't enough desire for it in this mod, and with additional expansion packs it just makes things a mess. You should have no problems with the new files regarding your career options, and Teens are back to high school or flipping burgers like normal.
raviolalaviola Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 Hi guys just wanted to ask is their teen pregnacy n if their is which one do i use and are all the files on the 1st page updated cuz i think i only saw 1 please help thanks Hi Tinakaur. On the first page you should see the files broken up into basically two sections. "current version" and "older versions." Under current version, you'll see just one file. That's the one you want to download. Within that zip file you'll see a number of flavors of the mod. The readme should walk you through what the different flavors mean. I would recommend reading through that to make sure you know which one you want. If I'm understanding you correctly, it looks like you will want one of the flavors that includes "TA" in the name. As for which of those flavors you want (just choose one) you will need to reference the readme. Going through your XML I noticed there was some XML errors, you had <T>TEEN</E> it should be <E>TEEN</E> It might help if you identified the file or files in question where this error has been made. If you've been going through the files I'm sure you noticed that there are quite a large number of them. sorry Semajitor, but could you separate the adult jobs from teens from the teen/adult romance into different mod? I don't like it if it might cause my townie teenagers get an adult jobs Hi nmissibrty. A page back in the thread, Semajitor made this post. In particular, Semajitor addresses your question as follows: And for those having trouble with careers, I've dropped that part of the Teen to Adult update. There isn't enough desire for it in this mod, and with additional expansion packs it just makes things a mess. You should have no problems with the new files regarding your career options, and Teens are back to high school or flipping burgers like normal. so the readme file inside the mod zip is contain false information? so the adult jobs really removed, right?
Darth Omix Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 I don't know if its because all of the "options" haven't been updated yet, but I've got one or two blank dialogue choices when flirting with some Sims. Nothing really game-breaking but I'm just going to act on the assumption that they're leftovers from stuff like Same-Sex Pregnancy not being updated yet. Also nmlsslbrty yes, the ReadMe is out-of-date and was not properly updated with the latest release, this has been noted earlier in the thread I believe.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.