bortbit Posted April 15, 2015 Posted April 15, 2015 Not something I find particularly appealing, to be honest. I used to play doctors and mummys and daddys when i was an infant, then as a pre-teen/teen i didn't messarround, I actually had a very active sex live with multiple partners. Isn't this a simulator for real live? And as far as i know, Taboo relationships have always happened with the most common case being older brother/young little sister - Father/pre-teen/teen daughter, and so many other variations. Maybe my favourite one is cousins or uncle/niece that must be the most common case. And a nice thing is Casual carnal relationships without the need for amorous feelings and jealousy in the way. I'm saying anything described as: It's a kind of a "Rape or non consent sexual activity between sims of all ages and species without the need for acquaintance, and all that is autonomous..... very hardcore. ...is not appealing to me in the slightest. Mod and play your game how you like. It's your game. I'm just saying, your mod as described is not appealing to me.And this is a thread about someone else's mod anyway, so that's all I have to say about yours. If you'd like to discuss your mod more, I'd suggest starting a new thread so talk could focus on what you've created rather than derailing the existing discussion.
azoresman Posted April 15, 2015 Posted April 15, 2015 Not something I find particularly appealing, to be honest. I used to play doctors and mummys and daddys when i was an infant, then as a pre-teen/teen i didn't messarround, I actually had a very active sex live with multiple partners. Isn't this a simulator for real live? And as far as i know, Taboo relationships have always happened with the most common case being older brother/young little sister - Father/pre-teen/teen daughter, and so many other variations. Maybe my favourite one is cousins or uncle/niece that must be the most common case. And a nice thing is Casual carnal relationships without the need for amorous feelings and jealousy in the way. I'm saying anything described as: It's a kind of a "Rape or non consent sexual activity between sims of all ages and species without the need for acquaintance, and all that is autonomous..... very hardcore. ...is not appealing to me in the slightest. Mod and play your game how you like. It's your game. I'm just saying, your mod as described is not appealing to me. And this is a thread about someone else's mod anyway, so that's all I have to say about yours. If you'd like to discuss your mod more, I'd suggest starting a new thread so talk could focus on what you've created rather than derailing the existing discussion. You are right "Maybe i should have said Casual sex, not rape."
segfaultvicta Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 I'm so excited. Can't wait for next week, finally gonna get around to playin' the game in a serious way. You're the best!
JdR2014 Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 Ahoy, I tested now all constellations with my malesim Jimmy. Only with I / TA (Incest/TeenAdult) he was never pregnant after, I don't know, 400 woohoo's or something. With all the others he got pregnant!. Sorry for my bad english.......
CyberOps Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 If you include male pregnancy and abuction can you please also make a version that does not allow male pregnancy and does not allow alien abduction.
marie92 Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 hi everyone i have had this problem with all teen pregnancy mods i could find, when a teen is pregnant by another teen the baby never looks like the parents, the child is biological not theirs! they look like a default sims baby if that makes sense. it is extremely frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem and can it be fix please!
Petr54 Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 If you include male pregnancy and abuction can you please also make a version that does not allow male pregnancy and does not allow alien abduction. Join you about male pregnancy.
Darth Omix Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 hi everyone i have had this problem with all teen pregnancy mods i could find, when a teen is pregnant by another teen the baby never looks like the parents, the child is biological not theirs! they look like a default sims baby if that makes sense. it is extremely frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem and can it be fix please! It's with how genetics are coded in TS4. The game isn't designed to pull genetics from teens, so the children are randomly generated w/o taking the teen parents into account.
bortbit Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 If you include male pregnancy and abuction can you please also make a version that does not allow male pregnancy and does not allow alien abduction. Just my two cents, but alien abduction is a completely different mechanic from this mod's scope. Instead of lumping additional functions into the mod that will increase the likelihood of the mod breaking after a game update, I would recommend keeping it slim.
Darth Omix Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 If you include male pregnancy and abuction can you please also make a version that does not allow male pregnancy and does not allow alien abduction. Just my two cents, but alien abduction is a completely different mechanic from this mod's scope. Instead of lumping additional functions into the mod that will increase the likelihood of the mod breaking after a game update, I would recommend keeping it slim. This is precisely why the Teen-Adult Jobs thing was removed from the mod. It was changed in a patch and it broke a ton of stuff so, with it not being a big component of the mod, it was removed.
marie92 Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 hi everyone i have had this problem with all teen pregnancy mods i could find, when a teen is pregnant by another teen the baby never looks like the parents, the child is biological not theirs! they look like a default sims baby if that makes sense. it is extremely frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem and can it be fix please! It's with how genetics are coded in TS4. The game isn't designed to pull genetics from teens, so the children are randomly generated w/o taking the teen parents into account. Well that sucks! But thanks for clearing that up.
Darth Omix Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 hi everyone i have had this problem with all teen pregnancy mods i could find, when a teen is pregnant by another teen the baby never looks like the parents, the child is biological not theirs! they look like a default sims baby if that makes sense. it is extremely frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem and can it be fix please! It's with how genetics are coded in TS4. The game isn't designed to pull genetics from teens, so the children are randomly generated w/o taking the teen parents into account. Well that sucks! But thanks for clearing that up. No problem. I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread and I'd assume it's been that way in previous Sims games, as unless someone did coding magic, the game would not know where to pull genetics from, as its programmed to only pull from Young Adults or above, and without the "Young Adult" stuff set up, they have to get the child's genetics from somewhere, so to compensate the game just makes it up.
CyberOps Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 If you include male pregnancy and abuction can you please also make a version that does not allow male pregnancy and does not allow alien abduction. Just my two cents, but alien abduction is a completely different mechanic from this mod's scope. Instead of lumping additional functions into the mod that will increase the likelihood of the mod breaking after a game update, I would recommend keeping it slim. This is precisely why the Teen-Adult Jobs thing was removed from the mod. It was changed in a patch and it broke a ton of stuff so, with it not being a big component of the mod, it was removed. I agree to keep it slim but atleast try to put no male pregnancy in because that part is really getting to me, I don't want my male sims ending up pregnant lol
Darth Omix Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 If you include male pregnancy and abuction can you please also make a version that does not allow male pregnancy and does not allow alien abduction. Just my two cents, but alien abduction is a completely different mechanic from this mod's scope. Instead of lumping additional functions into the mod that will increase the likelihood of the mod breaking after a game update, I would recommend keeping it slim. This is precisely why the Teen-Adult Jobs thing was removed from the mod. It was changed in a patch and it broke a ton of stuff so, with it not being a big component of the mod, it was removed. I agree to keep it slim but atleast try to put no male pregnancy in because that part is really getting to me, I don't want my male sims ending up pregnant lol I believe you can find a mod on ModTheSims that can terminate pregnancies so you could just use one of those in conjunction with this.
AwfulArchdemon Posted April 17, 2015 Posted April 17, 2015 I believe you can find a mod on ModTheSims that can terminate pregnancies so you could just use one of those in conjunction with this. {siiiiigh} So sad when a man has to abort his butt-baby.
Semajitor Posted April 17, 2015 Author Posted April 17, 2015 @marie92 - There is a tuning file for the baby randomizer, so I *might* be able to fix the teen babies coming out weird. I'll take a look at it this weekend once the core stuff is finished up for the major parts. Definitely something I would prefer to have since it adds to the realism piece a little bit. @CyberOps - As much as I do want to turn off abduction and male pregnancy entirely, those are actually just a part of the game with the Get to Work expansion now. If you read my post on the last page though, the did apply a patch to update the rates so that those don't happen as often. Once the modding tools for extracting files get updated, I'll update to the latest version since that should just be a quick file comparison. It might also be that they just updated those things on the python side instead of the xml, so if I can confirm that, it means I won't need to change the xml and everyone can just patch the game. @Darth Omix - Just make sure that folks are looking at what actually gets changed by the mod. If that is adding completely new content, then it shouldn't cause any issues. If it affects any of the normal interactions like TryForBaby or WooHoo, then it will conflict with this mod. More comprehensive change logs will be included in version 2 once I get the testing done this weekend.
ghostinajar Posted April 17, 2015 Posted April 17, 2015 My lesbian couple has no option for try for a baby. Any ideas whats wrong?
Darth Omix Posted April 17, 2015 Posted April 17, 2015 @marie92 - There is a tuning file for the baby randomizer, so I *might* be able to fix the teen babies coming out weird. I'll take a look at it this weekend once the core stuff is finished up for the major parts. Definitely something I would prefer to have since it adds to the realism piece a little bit. @CyberOps - As much as I do want to turn off abduction and male pregnancy entirely, those are actually just a part of the game with the Get to Work expansion now. If you read my post on the last page though, the did apply a patch to update the rates so that those don't happen as often. Once the modding tools for extracting files get updated, I'll update to the latest version since that should just be a quick file comparison. It might also be that they just updated those things on the python side instead of the xml, so if I can confirm that, it means I won't need to change the xml and everyone can just patch the game. @Darth Omix - Just make sure that folks are looking at what actually gets changed by the mod. If that is adding completely new content, then it shouldn't cause any issues. If it affects any of the normal interactions like TryForBaby or WooHoo, then it will conflict with this mod. More comprehensive change logs will be included in version 2 once I get the testing done this weekend. Oh it should work with your mod, as it did with previous versions that I can confirm myself. I'll be sure to provide compatibility reports once I play around with it some more, provided the functionalities I'm waiting for are given a timely release. On that note, I can say that the Quintuplets and Sextuplets mod on ModTheSims does seem to work with the current version of this mod, as I had a Sim give his sister 5 children. However I haven't yet played her up to the birth yet to do more thorough testing. My lesbian couple has no option for try for a baby. Any ideas whats wrong? Same-Sex Pregnancy has not - to my knowledge - been updated yet to the current patch level.
DitzyNat Posted April 17, 2015 Posted April 17, 2015 I couldn't find this anywhere in the thread, but is there Risky Woohoo included in this? And if not, will there be in a future update?
yorik91 Posted April 17, 2015 Posted April 17, 2015 I for one am super excited for an updated SS preg mod. Looking forward to your completion of this and also yes will there be a risky woohoo mod at some point. Was my favorite in the Sims 3
Semajitor Posted April 18, 2015 Author Posted April 18, 2015 Risky WooHoo is not included in this mod. It's not necessarily super difficult to implement, just not something I've worked on so far. I'll definitely consider it after the base parts are updated and such. Most of my mod is about minor changes that allow more options with better control of events, and adding a randomized chance for children isn't something I really want in my personal game per-say. If there's enough call for it though, I can contact JimmyZombie to see if he would be cool with rolling his stuff in with this. On that note, if you do want that as part of the mod, what percentage do you feel is appropriate for Risky WooHoo? My base assumption is that sims are using protection for WooHoo versus TryForBaby, so it would have to be pretty low to make sense. I think JimmyZombie's 5% is probably the highest, if not a bit overboard. I'd probably feel better with 1-3% personally, to sort of match more realistic outcomes assuming the use of protection. Condom failure, breaking, etc. Let me know what you think about that and I'll see what sort of time I have after the base pieces.
segfaultvicta Posted April 18, 2015 Posted April 18, 2015 I'd absolutely -love- it at around 5%, yeah. (Edit: I'd love it at 3% too! Actually, I'd probably figure out how to edit the value myself, but whatever. Anything higher than 0 gives me an evil goofy grin.)
bortbit Posted April 18, 2015 Posted April 18, 2015 I'm not actually too keen on Risky Woohoo. I really don't see the point.Are we talking about a special "Risky Woohoo" interaction where the Sims woohoo and a very low dice roll results in pregnancy? I'm not sure I understand the appeal. I mean, to each their own and all, but I'm not sure I understand the titillation factor of a 3-5% chance of pregnancy that one has to consciously choose the option for in the game. If it were just about the gamble, it seems like one would want the chances higher so it feels like a proper game of chance. Such a low chance would rarely hit, meaning the risk isn't terribly meaningful. Are we talking about replacing normal woohoo with risky woohoo? I'm not sure I'd like that in my game. I prefer to control when my Sims get pregnant, not have it be a constant risk and surprise. From a practical game mechanics standpoint, woohoo as an interaction works great to fill the social and fun meters. Making it risky takes away from that. From a "realism" standpoint, are we really saying Sims aren't using protection of any sort?And let's not get into the additional changes increasing the risk of the mod breaking on game updates. Eh, just not my thing, really. That said, insofar as it's not a default interaction replacement (and preferably a mod flavor I can ignore), I'm not going to grumble about what other folks find fun.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.