EmilyHH19 Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 That's kind of the part I'm not understanding What is included in the "Basic Mods"? Is there a "flavor" which has Male and Teen Pregnancy without Polygamy or No Jealousy? I don't really mind what else is in the file, as long as there is SS pregnancy and isn't No Jealousy/Polygamy. Not entirely sure whether that exists. I am not sure on the "Basic" mods, I haven't tried a lot of 'em. I think it is the relationships without the pregnancy. I have used the babies for everyone mods though I am not sure on the SameSex pregnancy...I know malfus' original mod had that. The babies for everyone mod does have male pregnancy...my male sim got pregnant when I was testing it yesterday. I would recommend based on your wants: BE_I_1.3.32.1010v1 or BE_I_NW_1.3.32.1010v1 (if you want naked woohoo) I have already 'fixed' the first one...will try to get the second done real quick. My male sim couple aren't getting the try for a baby option?
MeatGrinderHoagie Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 It seems since the recent update, the male pregnancy portion of Babies for Everyone is now broken. I had a pregnant male in my current game, and when I came back he was no longer pregnant and there was a phantom baby for quite awhile. It resolved itself in that sense. But, well, the update broke something.
R13Kilroy Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 My male sim couple aren't getting the try for a baby option? Yes that would be correct... According to Semajitor's readme "[More will be added once the SS (SameSex) versions are released to the public. This is a staggered release to ensure quality on the basic elements prior to changes to pregnancy.] Reading through his readme...I think the files listed in the older versions i.e. 1.3.18.1010v4 might still have the SS option - not sure though. I could apply the careers fix to one of these if you want to try it out. IT_1.3.18.1010v4_BFE_FiX.zip
EmilyHH19 Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 My male sim couple aren't getting the try for a baby option? Yes that would be correct... According to Semajitor's readme "[More will be added once the SS (SameSex) versions are released to the public. This is a staggered release to ensure quality on the basic elements prior to changes to pregnancy.] Reading through his readme...I think the files listed in the older versions i.e. 1.3.18.1010v4 might still have the SS option - not sure though. I could apply the careers fix to one of these if you want to try it out. I think I'm just going to leave my game alone for a while, to be honest. Any fixes now may only last for a few days before Get To Work is released, and everything is going to have to be updated again. I've kind of run out of things to do at the moment, so the expansion pack will be welcome, as angry as I am that the update broke everything. Until then, just not going to bother playing it. Hopefully one day we'll have a mod system that works as well as NRaas did, and is as customisable, but that won't happen for a few years probably, if ever.
R13Kilroy Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 I think I'm just going to leave my game alone for a while, to be honest. Any fixes now may only last for a few days before Get To Work is released, and everything is going to have to be updated again. I've kind of run out of things to do at the moment, so the expansion pack will be welcome, as angry as I am that the update broke everything. Until then, just not going to bother playing it. Hopefully one day we'll have a mod system that works as well as NRaas did, and is as customisable, but that won't happen for a few years probably, if ever. Ok sounds good...However, I did post the fix to the old BFE file above if you did want to try it out.
EmilyHH19 Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 I think I'm just going to leave my game alone for a while, to be honest. Any fixes now may only last for a few days before Get To Work is released, and everything is going to have to be updated again. I've kind of run out of things to do at the moment, so the expansion pack will be welcome, as angry as I am that the update broke everything. Until then, just not going to bother playing it. Hopefully one day we'll have a mod system that works as well as NRaas did, and is as customisable, but that won't happen for a few years probably, if ever. Ok sounds good...However, I did post the fix to the old BFE file above if you did want to try it out. That BFE file seems to work, at least giving the option for a SS male couple to Try for Baby. Not yet explored what other issues there are around pregnancy eg. babies randomly born after travelling as people were reporting on MTS. And who knows whether that is an issue with mods or with the game itself! Update: Making pregnant male sims travel does cause that glitch Three babies in the household magically spawn, and the guys aren't pregnant anymore. Don't know about female sims, but would guess it's the same.
ZedPeeEm Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 An update: I was able to get the teen pregnancy mod to work, by removing the teen careers option. So finally able to use it! Going to test some more in game to make sure it's working at 100% though.
R13Kilroy Posted March 30, 2015 Posted March 30, 2015 I think I'm just going to leave my game alone for a while, to be honest. Any fixes now may only last for a few days before Get To Work is released, and everything is going to have to be updated again. I've kind of run out of things to do at the moment, so the expansion pack will be welcome, as angry as I am that the update broke everything. Until then, just not going to bother playing it. Hopefully one day we'll have a mod system that works as well as NRaas did, and is as customisable, but that won't happen for a few years probably, if ever. Ok sounds good...However, I did post the fix to the old BFE file above if you did want to try it out. That BFE file seems to work, at least giving the option for a SS male couple to Try for Baby. Not yet explored what other issues there are around pregnancy eg. babies randomly born after travelling as people were reporting on MTS. And who knows whether that is an issue with mods or with the game itself! Update: Making pregnant male sims travel does cause that glitch Three babies in the household magically spawn, and the guys aren't pregnant anymore. Don't know about female sims, but would guess it's the same. No, it is the Male sims only. Does it with all of the Pregnancy Mods it seems. Not sure how to fix that ... little beyond my ability at the moment.
AwfulArchdemon Posted March 30, 2015 Posted March 30, 2015 Whenever a usable mod, or mod collection (flavors) is released, I'd suggest putting it in it's own thread. These threads are getting confusing, and people have been abandoning them. So when updates happen, at least update the title, when updates break shit. What we need is some kind of installer, that lets you choose your flavor, so a thousand version aren't necessary. Posting tons of mods that say BE-NJ-NW-P-I-etc would confuse damn there anyone. Sounds like a worthy project, and this is basically a [REQ] for such a thing, for those willing to do it. Would need to do this: Make a mod folder with every individual option imaginable (should probably compress it) Make an installer that uses a GUI that asks which you want (*I can only make a basic batch GUI) The installer will add the options you chose to your mods folder, in it's own sub-folder If possible, program it to create 1 package file for it before installing (what my GUI would call to, if no one else wants to make a better one in the installer) Other than a program that combines each option into 1 package file, you would need to have all of those options be pre-made package files) Or, if someone figures out the xml files well enough, make the installer simply print a new line in the existing one, and make a backup of the old one Likely more ways to do it There are plenty of ways to do it, and each could work, but xml files need to be figured out a bit, and perhaps documented. Any way would require programming/coding skills for the installer. No, I don't think it's easy, but it would be the next SexLab...for The Sims! -->SimLab<-- This would be the go-to place for adult Sims mods at that point (we need animations too!). If anyone here is capable, please o' PLEASE make SimLab...the MOD!
R13Kilroy Posted March 30, 2015 Posted March 30, 2015 Can you update the I_NW_P_TA package please? Here you go: I_NW_P_TA_1.3.32.1010v1_FiX.zip
R13Kilroy Posted March 30, 2015 Posted March 30, 2015 Figured it was best to list all the files with the Jobs for Teens removed so far... There are still bugs but the files basically work. Edit - To be as clear as I can, there are still issues with these mods that are beyond my present skills to fix. This fix only removes the Jobs for Teens portion which is relatively easy to fix. In summation - Files "Fixed" for the March 26 update: I_NJ_NW_P_TA_1.3.32.1010v1_FiX.zip I_NW_P_TA_1.3.32.1010v1_FiX.zip NJ_NW_P_TA_1.3.32.1010v1_Fix.zip IT_1.3.18.1010v4_BFE_FiX.zip BE_I_1.3.32.1010v1_FiX.zip BE_I_NJ_NW_P_1.3.32.1010v1_FiX.zip BE_I_NW_1.3.32.1010v1_FiX.zip BE_NJ_NW_P_1.3.32.1010v1_FiX.zip
bortbit Posted March 30, 2015 Posted March 30, 2015 FYI, it looks like the interaction for helping teens with homework needs to go as well. It's not game-breaking, but trying to help teens with homework instantly drops from the Sim's queue.Interactions (Type 0xE88D22F)Instance:0x[buncha zeros]25C2
Ulgrym Posted March 30, 2015 Posted March 30, 2015 Just an FYI, I removed all my mods except for I_NW_P_TA_1.3.32.1010v1_FiX and I can do everything except get married. It queues up, then resets. Not sure if you can fix this or not, but I do hope so, I have a house of 5 sims waiting to marry each other :-)
MeatGrinderHoagie Posted March 31, 2015 Posted March 31, 2015 My male sim couple aren't getting the try for a baby option? Yes that would be correct... According to Semajitor's readme "[More will be added once the SS (SameSex) versions are released to the public. This is a staggered release to ensure quality on the basic elements prior to changes to pregnancy.] Reading through his readme...I think the files listed in the older versions i.e. 1.3.18.1010v4 might still have the SS option - not sure though. I could apply the careers fix to one of these if you want to try it out. Sooo, to clarify, the mod you fixed now allows Adult/Teen relationships, pregnancy for male/male, female female, and teen/Elder pregnancy?
darkkitten Posted March 31, 2015 Posted March 31, 2015 Hopefully you don't have Get to work, these don't work with it.
AwfulArchdemon Posted March 31, 2015 Posted March 31, 2015 Dude...never update The Sims if you use mods. This is rough...
darkkitten Posted March 31, 2015 Posted March 31, 2015 Lol I know, actually thought about looking into it modding.
PenanggalanDoll Posted April 1, 2015 Posted April 1, 2015 Would it be possible to fix the careers aspect of the mod for the TA file solely?
LongspurKing Posted April 1, 2015 Posted April 1, 2015 Quick question, how do we install these files? I know it sounds dumb. But I'm not sure why their not working for me.
Lemonsue Posted April 1, 2015 Posted April 1, 2015 I am new to this mod as well and curious where is the Try for baby if it even has that, and what mod has everything included, I saw a few of the Be_ skip's out on some of the features
darkkitten Posted April 1, 2015 Posted April 1, 2015 If you have Get to work they don't work at all right now.
Ulgrym Posted April 1, 2015 Posted April 1, 2015 If you have Get to work they don't work at all right now. I have Ge To Work, and I'm using the I_NW_P_TA_1.3.32.1010v1_FiX and it's working for me (except for marriage). The Mediocre Woohoo is a game bug, not a mod issue.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.