[Sims 4] Incest, Teen Romance, Babies For Everyone and more! UPDATED FOR 1.5.149.1020!

Semajitor

perhapse someone could help me. is it possible to compound mods in a way that will allow two male siblings to bear children?

Hi awesomesauce67. The same-sex pregnancy feature is currently being worked on by Semajitor. Once that feature is complete, you should have the ability to do this.

Keep an eye out for that release.

To add to that. Semajitor's saying same-sex pregnancy will be included in the next release which he expects to have complete by the end of the week.

Working on an updated version as we speak for 1.5.149.1020. If you are experiencing problems with the mod and you've already updated to the current version, that's because the latest patch reversed some changes in the Get to Work expansion. Males should no longer get pregnant from normal WooHoo, only WooHoo with an alien. I'm going back through every file now to make sure I've got all of the dependencies worked out for the interactions so that you won't have that odd Teen/Teen marriage failure, blank balloons, etc.

The next release will also have Babies for Everyone and Same Sex included. For the Same Sex mod male pregnancy will have normal odds, just like female pregnancy. However, I'm working to make sure that only the target of the interactions has that chance. That would mean if you want to have a normal female pregnancy you'd start the interaction with the male sim to make sure the female target is the one getting pregnant.

This is gonna probably be the end of the week before I get another version out, since I just got all of the files yesterday, and I'm doing a little more in depth crawl through everything to make sure I've got all the kinks worked out. (Or is that working the kinks in?) Please continue submitting any bugs you find and I'll keep a running tab of tests to run through to eliminate them while I'm working, and thanks for the support everyone!

@Semajitor A couple things I noticed.  I can't select the bed and select woohoo or mess around with siblings, those can only be incest can only happen through the romance menu.  As a doctor, most of the time Check Hotness doesn't work.  When it finally does, the animation is broken badly, my hand come out of my chest.

So I just want to keep everyone updated on the status of this thing at the moment. I had a little less time during the week than expected, but I'm looking to begin testing tonight or tomorrow morning on the changes. I will make an initial release with a basic readme file once that is complete. I'm aiming for Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning for the initial release. Following that release I will get a comprehensive change log created listing all of the files and the changes I made to them. That way if anyone wants to make changes on their own they may.

I used Fogity's extracts as my base files this time around, since his comments within the files make tracking down errors and dependencies much, much easier. If you want to get those files you can find them here. I will not be listing specific lines of code as changed, just pointing out what was removed/added/changed in general. It will be up to you to do a comparison in Notepad++ or something if you want more specifics.

Regarding the way the files will be separated, I plan on updating the naming convention to make it slightly less confusing for people. This is going to be adding maybe one or two letters to the abbreviations to make it easier on the eyes, nothing too major. Due to the way the files are changed, Babies for Everyone and Same Sex Pregnancy will not be compatible with other versions. Babies for Everyone overwrites parts of Teen to Adult, and Same Sex Pregnancy in turn overwrites parts of Babies for Everyone. As much as having those parts separated would be nice, in the interest of time and my sanity I decided to cut down on the number of files I needed to create at the end. This should also allow for easier bug catching dependent on the version and interaction experiencing the bug.

For those that enjoyed the PTME version of the mod, this has been discontinued just due to the sheer amount of time needed to update that portion. I absolutely encourage you to use the older version as a reference and update the interaction values using the latest files if you want to re-create that function. Be forewarned it is a LOT of work. It includes romance interactions, updates to autonomy, updates to emotional states, and several career based interactions, but does not include the Outdoor Pack or Get to Work expansions. You'd have at least a week worth of work just to change the values that are there and run testing without the additional expansion content, let alone adding the new stuff. I may at some point revisit that part, but as of right now that is very unlikely.

Once again, for those that are using the current patch with any previous versions of the mod and encountering bugs, this latest patch reversed some of the file changes made with the Get to Work update. I've made a list of the bugs you've submitted so I can run testing on them, and if I encounter the same things I will try to fix them or at least discover the root cause. I will also include a short list of the mods I use that are completely compatible with this mod to clear up any confusion. For the most part anything that adds clothing or visual elements to the game should be just fine. Anything that affects interactions in any way should not be used in conjunction with this mod.

If you are getting bugs and you have multiple mods that affect interactions, please let me know. I will still run testing for that bug to make sure I'm not encountering the same problem, but I will not be providing support for conflicts between mods. I also have no objection if parts of this mod are used on other websites, so long as you link back to this post with the original files. I don't care about getting credit, I just want people to have access to the source if something gets messed up. If you guys have any additional content requests please hold them until after the initial release. Continue sending bugs though and I'll make sure they aren't in when I get to testing this thing.

Thanks again for the continued support everyone!

Thanks again for the continued support everyone!

Thanks to us? lol

Thanks to you for you hard work and infinite patience patching and repatching after each update

EA should be a loooooooot more considerate about mods(ers)... in the end that extends their game's life, and therefore their revenues

I'm curious, when you do update the SS pregnancy stuff, and we have Get to Work, will it act like the alien baby pregnancy, where the male sim doesn't know what's going on? I'm still using agonistagents babies for everyone (don't know how, though that might be the reason it's doing this, but), it's doing that now. Kinda annoying, though I can see that it might be an issue trying to differentiate between alien baby and normal baby. I don't know anything about modding so I'm ignorant in how hard or easy it really is :P

@psyseed - Same Sex overwrites Teen to Adult and Babies for Everyone, it will have all of the content from both of those.

@alibabababa - The team that works on the Sims has been incredibly helpful to the modding community actually. We wouldn't be able to do any of the stuff we've done this quickly without their help. The reason they broke all the tools with the last update was to optimize the game as much as they could. They didn't waste any time in releasing updated files for us to use once they realized that our tools were ruined, so I personally think they've been nothing but awesome.

I'm curious, when you do update the SS pregnancy stuff, and we have Get to Work, will it act like the alien baby pregnancy, where the male sim doesn't know what's going on? I'm still using agonistagents babies for everyone (don't know how, though that might be the reason it's doing this, but), it's doing that now. Kinda annoying, though I can see that it might be an issue trying to differentiate between alien baby and normal baby. I don't know anything about modding so I'm ignorant in how hard or easy it really is :P

Males *should* react to pregnancy like any other pregnant sim with the Get to Work expansion. All the game does is look at what buffs are applied and use the appropriate animations, so that shouldn't be a problem in the Same Sex edition. Using an outdated mod with a current game version sometimes works, but like the bug you're getting it can create some odd behavior.

Will I need the two expansions for these mods to work, or will they be compatible with the base game?

You do not need the expansions for these mods to work. The only files from beyond the base game are the tent interactions from the Outdoor Pack. If you get an error that it can't load those particular files following release, let me know and I'll create a base game only package file. The game shouldn't have any issues just loading it normally and ignoring those files though.

Does it work with the risky woohoo mod?

No, this mod will not combine with any other mods that affect interactions. I have not gotten a response from JimmyZombie yet on whether he's ok with me rolling his version in, so I'll give it another week following release and if I don't get a reply I'll go ahead and just add the feature with a link back to his original.

Yes Semajitor i knew that but i didnt want to accept :P i tried 2 other mods and simply pregnancy option isn`t shown anywhere..including adults. So i need to be happy with Genetic Tranfusion mod for SS :) Older mod version for works adults...but affects sms and smartphone.

Without TA and Babies for everyone...also is awesome combo for me.

Thanks for reply! respect

Just a quick update here. I'm running slightly behind on my testing at the moment. Shouldn't be more than a couple of hours from now to make sure everything is running as intended and that I don't have any absolute craziness going on. At that point I'll write up the newest readme and get it all uploaded on the front page.

As a side note, for those getting genetics problems, that engine is indeed hard coded in the python script. I've got some of the scripts to go through and see if I can muddle out what they did to clash everything together, but I did also find a genealogy tracker XML file with some stuff to test on it. If it doesn't break the game wholesale, I'll see if I can force incestuous babies to pop out normally. I don't think the XML will do too much considering the core coding, but it's worth a shot.

Again, thanks for the patience waiting on this behemoth to be updated, and I'll get something posted this afternoon as soon as I've finished testing. 

Testing is completed, with some minor unfortunate results, but I'm packaging everything up and writing the readme. Should have everything up to date in the next hour or two with the fixes I need to make. It's really only same sex pregnancy that's slightly annoying, and nothing major is broken that I can find, so that's a plus.

EDIT - Okay, it's all on the front page now, go get it everyone. Sorry for the same sex pregnancy being a bit poopy with multiple pregnancy, but until I can force the game to stop being crappy in testing, it will have to do. The other bugs are mostly visual, or just lazy, shitty programming on the part of the actual game devs, so if you happen to find a way around something that I missed, please let me know.

Teen and teen babies produce normally, as long as there is no incest. I got the same kid 4 out 5 tries in a row on my saved game, so just don't knock up your sister if you want genetics to actually work. Do be aware that skin color might be a shade lighter or darker than both parents. The game just really, really likes to troll the players.

There are only two pieces of content from the expansions in total. The Outdoor Pack had tent interactions, and the Get to Work expansion included male pregnancy buffs. If you don't have the expansions and these throw an error at you, please let me know and I'll make basic versions only for you. The game should just ignore those files and keep on playing normally if it can't use them since they're structured properly.

As for fixing the python glitches, that will take some time unfortunately. I'm not as familiar with python as I would like, and it looks like they made some bastard combination of python and C for some of the core files. Once I get a better handle on the scripting used in this behemoth, I can hopefully inject some sanity into the interaction pickers and genetics so we can have a fully functional mod.

All of my testing was done with all of the basics, then just adding Teen to Adult, Babies for Everyone, and Same Sex Pregnancy, in that order. If you folks catch any truly crazy bugs that aren't listed on the front page or the readme file, please make sure you write down which interaction you used and the version of the mod you're using so I can make an honest attempt to track it down and correct it. It's entirely possible that I went cross-eyed while putting everything together at the end. Thanks again for the support and patience, and enjoy the updates!

So do all the mods automatically include polygamy? I'd rather not have that..

I ask that because while extracting my ToA mods I saw a file with "polygamy" on it.

No they don't all have polygamy. Choose the one file in the zip that has the addons you want. If you just want Teen to Adult and incest, it's TotA_Inc. Don't use more than one file from the zip file, each one is a separate version. Submitting each version of the mod separately isn't feasible due to file limits, and it creates a massive block of text that nobody wants to look at, so I combined the major parts into groups to save on sanity. If reading the first post all the way through isn't enough to explain things, maybe I need a different approach to distribution on this.

@Semajitor

Thank you for your hard work.  I am using the TtoA_Inc_NaW_Poly_1.5.149.1020v1.package. Three things I have noticed.  Teens don't get any woohoo buff (and mess around isn't available with teen to adult).  The main sim I play is a Doctor, and doesn't have Check Hotness as an option with teens (not a big deal).   And this I don't know if it's a mod issue, or a game issue.  The Check Hotness when used on an NPC, the NPC jumps in your arms as part of it, a played sim does not.  But trust me, I'm not complaining, I just wanted to report what I have found.  You're doing an EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!! job on these.

Oh, and thank you for the Kiss Neck and Attempt to Seduce option, I love them!!!!!  If one has to go, lose check hotness when used on a teen, the other two make up for it :D

@Ulgrym - Teen WooHoo buffs are a result of normal WooHoo to my knowledge. I've never really gotten one even in the base game, so I'm assuming they're just incredibly rare or something. If you're referring to the WooHoo First Time buff, it should be applying properly, but I'll go back in and take a look at that to make sure. The way the Mess Around interaction works is just a dialog box change for normal WooHoo, and rather than have the extra button on Teens, I just took that out to match the rest of the changes.

As for the Check Hotness interaction, I didn't touch any of the interactions from the Get to Work expansion for this one. When I edited Check Hotness on the previous version to enable Teens, it created a ton of dialog errors such as blank bubbles and child interactions. Since it's also a career only action, I made the decision to just leave career based interactions alone and not update any functionality to avoid breaking people's jobs. This means that the Flirt Covertly option is also still Adult only, since it's for the Spy career. The issues you're seeing with that action right now are 100% normal game problems, so unless the devs decide to fix something, I probably won't be making changes to it.

@Everyone else asking what's included - Okay, so it's clear that maybe people aren't doing me the courtesy of at least reading the first post completely. It's either that or I've made something a bit too confusing, and if that's the case please let me know and I'll find a way to make the first post more understandable.

The basic mods only include Incest, Naked WooHoo, No Jealousy, and Polygamy.

The Teen to Adult has Teen to Adult plus all the basic mods.

Babies for Everyone includes Teen to Adult and all the basic mods.

Same Sex Pregnancy includes Babies for Everyone, Teen to Adult, and all of the basic mods.

The way the file changes are made and the number of variations possible gets out of hand quickly if I separate each feature beyond Teen to Adult, so Babies for Everyone and Same Sex Pregnancy just modify those files appropriately. I'll be putting together a full file change log with every change I made to the files as well as a basic XML tutorial over the next week or two for people that want to edit the files more. If you've been keeping up with posts in this thread, I highly recommend using Fogity's extracted tuning files if you're planning on doing any XML modding. He provides comments in all of the files that display descriptions for the tuning values so you can track down all the connected files for a specific interaction. If you come across any other issues, again, please let me know and I'll make sure I get them onto the bug tracker and work on getting them fixed.

@Semajitor  I've always gotten the buff for both partners (the "bad patch") that broke everything, broke the woohoo buff for the initiator but they fixed that with the last patch.  When I use the mod you did prior to this one, both get the woohoo buff (teen and / or adult).  As for the interactions, I just wanted to report what I had found.  Like I said, I love the teen interactions of Kiss Neck and Attempt to Seduce, and I can definitely live without Check Hotness on teens.  You did a good job on these.  I did go back to using the previous mod for the buff (I like to send my teen off to school well woohooed ;)  )  Please let me know what you discover  :)

Archived