Thanks for the update Verstort. won't be able to check it out until next week.

Is there any way to add detection for paradise halls slaves. I can't double check it right now but it's not necessary to collar them which would properly block them from approaching you.

Is there any way to add detection for paradise halls slaves. I can't double check it right now but it's not necessary to collar them which would properly block them from approaching you.

Oh right, forgot I took that out.

My thought process is that if you're bound in slave gear, but they aren't, then they shouldn't be stopped from approaching you, but under certain circumstances, which I forgot to define any of that.

I'm not sure if there was a way for me to detect "loyalty" or whatever the stat each slave should have that determines how willing they are to escape, but if I can detect that would you be fine with them being able to attack you if their loyalty is too low OR you're vulnerable lvl 3? maybe if loyalty is really high no vulnerability triggers them.

If I can't get that to work I'll just put in a MCM toggle to lock them out from approaching you at all if they're in paradise halls faction.

Edit: I mean, you can just put them in devious gear, any item that marks regular NPCs as slaves, and they won't approach you, so any gag/collar/harness/ some other items, can even be zaz items not only DD. I want them to be able to revolt if they aren't wearing special magic gear that stops them, and you're wearing armbinder or locked in furniture, but that might be a bit much.

Does anyone else have trouble installing the new version?

I deleted the old one, loaded up a game and saved it before cleaning it with save tool.

When I load it with the new DE installed (Having run LOOT), I get a message that "Devious Enslavement is starting" but the menu in the MCM is empty. Doesn't seem to change however long I wait. I tried saving and loading again, and the menu doesn't show up at all.

Does anyone else have trouble installing the new version?

I deleted the old one, loaded up a game and saved it before cleaning it with save tool.

When I load it with the new DE installed (Having run LOOT), I get a message that "Devious Enslavement is starting" but the menu in the MCM is empty. Doesn't seem to change however long I wait. I tried saving and loading again, and the menu doesn't show up at all.

It's possible I re-introduced an error that existed several versions ago. Post a papyrus log, I'll check it in the morning.

I suppose one of optimizations I made to crdemods might have caused the script to hang, without mods finishing MCM just gets stuck, because I need some data from mods to exist first or MCM throws a fit.

Just to be sure, do you get the same behavior if you start a new character? I know you cleaned the save, but in the past, on really old saves, unreproducible bugs have caused all kinds of chaos even through save cleaning for me.

I tried loading up an early, completely unmodded save. Among the many mod installation messages I did once more get the "Deviously Enslaved is starting" message, but the menu never showed up.

I'm afraid I'm a complete newbie at this, can someone tell me how/where to get the papyrus log?

if i am not mistaken. i have a DE related bug to report. after the last update i get  crde missing prison update or something along those lines. 

don't know if it is going to be an issue later on. so far only seen as a error message in console

no idea why it mentioned a prison. my prison overhaul that i have installed is already updated to the latest ver 33

I tried loading up an early, completely unmodded save. Among the many mod installation messages I did once more get the "Deviously Enslaved is starting" message, but the menu never showed up.

I'm afraid I'm a complete newbie at this, can someone tell me how/where to get the papyrus log?

open your skyrim.ini

scroll down to "Papyrus"

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

the logfile will be stored in C/docs/my games/skyrim/logs

if i am not mistaken. i have a DE related bug to report. after the last update i get  crde missing prison update or something along those lines. 

don't know if it is going to be an issue later on. so far only seen as a error message in console

Same, and I don't have PO. First time I see this line.

Thanks for this mod :)

dang, so much has changed, but didn't get the notice on updated files. Was having trouble with Prison Overhaul and the "Resist -- Submit" dialogue popping up and then bug-locking out everything during multiple events. 

Question, is there a compiled change log for all these great updates and changes, or should I just stop being lazy and read the entire thread?

Suggestion, start a new version of this mod "enhanced version", or "Patch Bridge" thread. Going to dl newest and give it a serious testing, thanks for the hard work.  

Oh right, forgot I took that out.

My thought process is that if you're bound in slave gear, but they aren't, then they shouldn't be stopped from approaching you, but under certain circumstances, which I forgot to define any of that.

I'm not sure if there was a way for me to detect "loyalty" or whatever the stat each slave should have that determines how willing they are to escape, but if I can detect that would you be fine with them being able to attack you if their loyalty is too low OR you're vulnerable lvl 3? maybe if loyalty is really high no vulnerability triggers them.

If I can't get that to work I'll just put in a MCM toggle to lock them out from approaching you at all if they're in paradise halls faction.

Edit: I mean, you can just put them in devious gear, any item that marks regular NPCs as slaves, and they won't approach you, so any gag/collar/harness/ some other items, can even be zaz items not only DD. I want them to be able to revolt if they aren't wearing special magic gear that stops them, and you're wearing armbinder or locked in furniture, but that might be a bit much.

That's an even better idea mate. Something similiar happened to me while testing. DCL slapped my character with an armbinder and some accesories. Then I was approached for enslave by my new slave. I thought it worked reaaly well. But I was debugging stuff at the time and had to reload.

I wonder though if it would conflict? Do you get both SD and paradise halls dialog. Must test some more when I get a chance.

Edit: there is a value for submissiveness in PH. I have no idea if it is accessible from other mods though.

Just woke up, one second.

The error "[CRDE] Prison patch did not load correctly" is debug I forgot to remove, it doesn't refer to prison overhaul v33 but the unofficial patches created by Inte If you see this error, and you don't have that patch, you don't need to worry about anything it's a soft dependency.

I doubt that message is the cause of the issues for everyone, it should just go off based on if you have the mod or not, something else between that point and the end of mods init is getting stuck.

I'll double check this on my end, I might just revert the logic I can't see working since the changes I made were only a performance boost anyway.

Sekui, that enslave dialogue option is from either SD or maria, can you post your log so I can be sure Deviously enslaved is actually working and what is causing it to not enslave? Please turn on the debug before generating the log so it gives me more information.

I don't have a complete list of changes, the best way to "read the thread" for changes would probably be to search with the token "Unofficial version" or "Changes since" since those two are part of every update post I've made the search should give you a pretty cut down history.

Thank you abondream, the log didn't say what I expected, so I'll have to look for a different issue than what I was expecting. Your log is full of SD errors, however, I doubt they cause issues for DE but I would see about fixing those.

Those of you with this issue, posting your load order might help since this issue seems to be taking place at the part where DE is detecting what soft dependencies you have.

Edit:

I can't replicate the issue on my end, and I can't work on it too much right now, hope this fixes it, here's 9.7.2.

In case you missed it, 9.7 changes can be found here.

Deviously Enslaved Unofficial(v9.7.2 Full).7z

Paraphrasing, because not logged into gaming computer to double check:

• Load any stable save in a safe location (can rename saves, so no longer need to hardsave with the name you want before hand)
  • "Mod editor" or something like it, top center of interface
  • Select mods you want to remove, DE in this case
  • Hit "delete scripts" followed by "delete forms", order probably not important, center right of interface
  • Save changes (give save new name that is describes cleaning and state of game, old save is still kept if you don't change it just renamed to backup_something)

Much appreciate the quick response

That seems to have worked fine

Thank you very much

Seems to work!

But I#m back to regular crashes on laoding games. I think my system just can't handle this many mods...

no no not at all. it's probably conflicts between mods that are doing it. or a bad installation of one that needs cleaning. (explained below, or in this case above) 

i did a longer play session and in smaller cells without npc's that could be scanned had spectacular frames. (my pc is old more than five years)

strongly suggesting you to not give up. this is doable. :)

I'd done all that, but it was really crashing at every turn, eventually even at startup. I cleaned up the Data and base folder with just the original game files and then basically isntalled Cured Loot and its bare requirements... for now things seem stable again!

But getting off topic, 'm gonna stop using this place to grumble about computer gremlins :P

Hello Verstort

Good people can enslave easily but bandits only fuck. I unchecked "Ennemy Ai Overhaul" and one bandit enslaved me.

I will do some test. I attached the bandit event Papyrus log.

That log has thousands of devious enslaved errors, Something is very broken.

If you haven't already, try a save clean and the new version, or just try a new save file to see if that fixes it (if so, then save corruption of some kind is likely the issue)

If that doesn't fix it, try reinstalling. It's a little alarming how often I see "just reinstalled and now it works, don't know" in this thread.

Hello Verstort

Good people can enslave easily but bandits only fuck. I unchecked "Ennemy Ai Overhaul" and one bandit enslaved me.

I will do some test. I attached the bandit event Papyrus log.

I also use Ennemy AI Overhaul, should I disable it if I play with Deviously Enslaved ?