Hello! Thanks for making this wonderful tool.

I have a question! I'm combining parts from two armors into a single one in Outfit Studio and everything so far has worked like a charm, but now I want one of the meshes (a cloth dress one) to have bounce physics while the other (shoulder and hip armor plates) remains rigid. My plan was to just copy the bones from a non-HDT reference body to the rigid mesh and the bones from a HDT one to the cloth one, but that doesn't seem to work. Would the HDT reference body I'm copying into the output override that somehow?

I have a question! I'm combining parts from two armors into a single one in Outfit Studio and everything so far has worked like a charm, but now I want one of the meshes (a cloth dress one) to have bounce physics while the other (shoulder and hip armor plates) remains rigid. My plan was to just copy the bones from a non-HDT reference body to the rigid mesh and the bones from a HDT one to the cloth one, but that doesn't seem to work. Would the HDT reference body I'm copying into the output override that somehow?

Copy your HDT weighting to everything, then select the shape you want to remove it from, followed by the bone in the bones tab you want to remove it from, and use the weight brush to erase the weights on those parts. ALT + Left Mouse = erasing weights.

Copy your HDT weighting to everything, then select the shape you want to remove it from, followed by the bone in the bones tab you want to remove it from, and use the weight brush to erase the weights on those parts. ALT + Left Mouse = erasing weights.

That worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!

I think I need someone to fly here, sit next to me, and lead me though converting outfits!

I'm trying to get a handle on all this conversion stuff. The written directions are like.... huh? I can follow them to a point, but I seem to get lost somehow.

I've been using CBBE a long time but my testing with UUNP is like.... wow. It works so well and I'd love to switch but I have so much baggage! :)

I'm assuming that if I have a package like ChronoTriggers skimpy armors for CBBE HDT with bodyslide, that there's really no way to automate converting that whole collection. I'd have to open each nif in outfit studio and manipulate stuff.  Right?

So maybe someone can help me with an example.

I have CBBE armor called Bean Sidhe armor (by yangyang)

I have the original esp, meshes, and textures.

I also have BodySlide files that work.

I have done a BodySlide run to set these to a CBBE preset I have, and then opened them in outfit studio and replaced the body with my CBBE HDT reference and copied the bone weights for the CBBE HDT body.

Now.... if I wanted to make this work for UUNP bodies...

I have to start by converting CBBE to UUNP?  There's a conversion tool for that? Where? I'm so friggin lost...

I look in the BodySlide folder and I see Conversion Sets but.... that's within bodyslide. 

Because the UUNP reference has the same shape as CBBE, you can just replace the CBBE body in the outfit with the UUNP from the reference (assuming no weird offsets and other crap, really depends on the quality of the outfit you want to convert).

So:

1. load the UUNP reference you like (non-HDT, HDT or special, forget plus)
  2. load that CBBE outfit
  3. delete the CBBE body in the outfit
  4. copy weights to outfit meshes
  5. Conform all sliders
  6. Save Project (tick copy reference shape)

Then the real work begins where you check each individual sliders for clipping and fix that (depending on your OCD).

The conversion sets are for OutfitStudio, despite being in the bodyslide folder (OS is just a feature of BS). The UNPConvert.xml is for any UNP derivate (UNP/7B/CNHF) to CBBE base shape to use as base for conversions. You may find that your UUNP conversions will look better if you start out with an UNP-based outfit than a CBBE one (sometimes higher polys, also less distortion, this is not true for UNP outfits that were already transformed from CBBE to UNP with bodyslide).

Tl;DR

CBBE -> UUNP ; just load UUNP reference and conform to sliders

UNPX -> UUNP; Use UNPConvert to make CBBE-shaped base shape, export. load UUNP reference and conform to sliders

CBBE is used as a gateway between the regular Bodyslide and UUNP (UUNP CBBE, is *not* CBBE it's an UNPX in CBBE shape but twice the polygons and UNP UVmap).

hth

Might as well link this here - 4 test outfits for UUNP:

UNP Minidress Wench+Barkeep

UNP Minidress Archmage+Beggar

yay, will have to test tonight. say where's the first pose from?

Halo Poser S - basically Halo's Poser + Pinup Poser merged, has a couple of new sets if you missed the last Halo's update.

IIRC this is from "Halo's Poser 10" called "Contortion as fuck" or something like that.

_______

BTW blacksmith + chef were already done for testing, but i noticed some animation clipping on the chef while checking screenshots so i'll have to fix the barkeeper as well (retexture).

So no need to report the left shoulder clipping on barkeeper/chef like in this pic:

post-134589-0-59458000-1430992330_thumb.png

Preview

3ONbbe0.png

R4EQvso.png

1tUvIGt.png

4jo2Fxd.png

Depending on my time/energy, it may be possible to get a release version during the next 7 days. Tiwa44 also gave public permission for conversions, so this will go on Nexus and we have step#1 for proper UUNP support done.

I postponed the armor part of the vanilla replacer because the Minidresses are so damn easy to convert, and i'm not quite clear about permissions for some of armors i want to use. Some authors haven't logged on for months or years, so no chance to get an explicit permission from them.

Because the UUNP reference has the same shape as CBBE, you can just replace the CBBE body in the outfit with the UUNP from the reference (assuming no weird offsets and other crap, really depends on the quality of the outfit you want to convert).

So:

2. load that CBBE outfit
  5. Conform all sliders

Then the real work begins where you check each individual sliders for clipping and fix that (depending on your OCD).

The conversion sets are for OutfitStudio, despite being in the bodyslide folder (OS is just a feature of BS). The UNPConvert.xml is for any UNP derivate (UNP/7B/CNHF) to CBBE base shape to use as base for conversions. You may find that your UUNP conversions will look better if you start out with an UNP-based outfit than a CBBE one (sometimes higher polys, also less distortion, this is not true for UNP outfits that were already transformed from CBBE to UNP with bodyslide).

Tl;DR

UNPX -> UUNP; Use UNPConvert to make CBBE-shaped base shape, export. load UUNP reference and conform to sliders

CBBE is used as a gateway between the regular Bodyslide and UUNP (UUNP CBBE, is *not* CBBE it's an UNPX in CBBE shape but twice the polygons and UNP UVmap).

hth

OK I open Outfit Studio

New Project

Load Reference

Use a Template ... I select the Unified UNP HDT Special

Then load the 01body_0.nif (for the outfit)

Click Finsh

I get an error that it can't load the slider set XML file

So I get stuck before I get started :)

** EDIT **

DOH! I hate when I'm stupid. I didn't have BodySlide activated in the MO profile. So the executable ran but.... files not there.

So I did this. I Saved Bean Sidh UUNP. Now, If I load that into bodyslide, will it conform to any UUNP body/preset?

Holy crap.... I think I did it!

:D

So:

2. load that CBBE outfit
  5. Conform all sliders

Tl;DR

hth

OK I open Outfit Studio

New Project

Load Reference

Use a Template ... I select the Unified UNP HDT Special

Then load the 01body_0.nif (for the outfit)

Click Finsh

I get an error that it can't load the slider set XML file

So I get stuck before I get started :)

Did you choose the "UUNP" option when installing BodySlide?

OK, now... I have the original mod by yangyang, but I can't find it to link to it now. 

Would it be unethical for me to package everything (the meshes, textures, esp, and the bodyslide files I just made) together? Or do I need to find that original and link to it?

** EDIT **

Ok, well... I've attached the results.

I am including the original work by yangyang as I can't seem to find a link to it right now. If someone could please just have a look and tell if if it appears I've done this correctly. It's my first conversion ever. So.... any input appreciated. 

And if I'm skirting some ethics by including the original work, please let me know and I'll either remove the file or find a link to the original.

** EDIT again **

Hmmm.... the file dates didn't change on the nifs. Was I supposed to export individual nifs at some point?

** EDIT again since I'm talking to myself.... **

I think I'm understanding. The nifs don't change when you make the conversion. They change when you actually bodyslide the outfit.

I still have to get a handle on what happens to all of the PARTS of an outfit. BeanSidh only has 2. The body and some wings. When this gets BodySlided... (BodySlid?) it's only going to build the body.... right? I'd have to repeat this procedure on the wings if I want them to be slide-able... right?

EDIT

ADDED the SliderGroups folder.

I didn't realize Outfit Studio didn't build those.

Bean Sidhe UUNP BodySlide files.zip

One more, then I'm done until someone tells me I'm doing them right :)

Gatti 12 Jewelry converted to UUNP (used Special as the reference body)

Needs original from HERE

I only did the body. If this is working I'll go back in and to the ankle, wrist, and neck pieces. My GUESS would be that the ankle and wrist are fine, but the neck probably needs sliders in case it is affected by boobs. I'll have a look in the morning. :)

EDIT

Added SliderGroups folder. Didn't realize Outfit Studio wasn't building it.

Gatti-12-Jewelry-UUNP-BodySlide.zip

Quick heads up: Still working on the Minidresses, but noticed more vanilla stuff that need .esp weight slider and mesh fixes that are critical for BS2/UUNP conversion.

Unexpected delays, as expected ;)

4LptGql.png

vb44oey.png

ag2HH6F.png

v4APFWZ.png

LOVING this body. And the Special is.... well... special! :)

I'm wondering though if there is a selection of textures that work with that operable vagina. 

OR... I tried reading through the OP but couldn't find instructions for putting the vagina mesh into an existing mesh... like Fair Skin... with PUBES!.

AND... since I'm on the subject of textures... I see UNP textures and then many have a "7B patch". Will a texture for 7B not work well with, for example, a UNPB mesh? I'm trying to get to where I don't have 6 different texture sets, but I don't know how to "stitch" the vagina texture into an existing texture. Or even which texture dds file I should be looking at.

LOVING this body. And the Special is.... well... special! :)

I'm wondering though if there is a selection of textures that work with that operable vagina. 

OR... I tried reading through the OP but couldn't find instructions for putting the vagina mesh into an existing mesh... like Fair Skin... with PUBES!.

AND... since I'm on the subject of textures... I see UNP textures and then many have a "7B patch". Will a texture for 7B not work well with, for example, a UNPB mesh? I'm trying to get to where I don't have 6 different texture sets, but I don't know how to "stitch" the vagina texture into an existing texture. Or even which texture dds file I should be looking at.

You can use the UUNP-TexBlend tool that comes with the mod. With that you can "stamp" the necessary texture edits on top of your regular UNP textures.

So basically every UNP texture will work, although Fair Skin in particular is not optimal for it because it has highly detailed and extensive labia painted on the textures. This so-called "outie" conflicts with the UNP Special mesh.

PS: and i forgot, the "7B Patch" is just for the problematic breast shapes like Bombshell etc.

Just re-uploaded those first 2 conversions I did (Bean Sidhe and Gatti-12 jewelry). Seems I didn't have a SliderGroups folder so... the outfit showed up in the unassigned list, but you couldn't select a UUNP preset.

Is there a way to get Outfit Studio to build the SliderGroups folder? I mean did I miss ticking a box somewhere? Or is this always a manual process to create that file?

Just re-uploaded those first 2 conversions I did (Bean Sidhe and Gatti-12 jewelry). Seems I didn't have a SliderGroups folder so... the outfit showed up in the unassigned list, but you couldn't select a UUNP preset.

Is there a way to get Outfit Studio to build the SliderGroups folder? I mean did I miss ticking a box somewhere? Or is this always a manual process to create that file?

It's always a manual process currently. You can filter the sets in BodySlide and then use "Save group from list" when clicking the magnifying glass, though.

Caliente intended to implement a group manager.

Update:

Damn, spent about an hour trying to figure out why the retexture of "Farmclothes 02 Variant" wasn't working in game. Hint: the original mod and KillerKeo's didn't have it working either.

Anyways, this is what's done so far:

oS2gdSi.png

not all variants shown + not all boots belong to their outfits (they're all called "boots" in game)

Requires UNP Minidresses Collection by Tiwa44

Latest test version:

UVR - Minidress Blacksmith+Chef+Farm v0.1.7z

itemcode list for farmclothes:

Farmclothes 01                            0001be1a
Farmclothes 01 Boots                      0001be1b

Farmclothes 02                            000209a6
Farmclothes 02 Variant                    0006c1d9
Farmclothes 02 Boots                      000209a5

Farmclothes 03                            000261c0
Farmclothes 03 Variant                    0006c1da
Farmclothes 03 Extra (Accessory + Cowl)   00017695
Farmclothes 03 Boots                      000261bd

Farmclothes 04                            0003452e
Farmclothes 04 Variant                    0006c1d8
Farmclothes 04 Boots                      0003452f

Previous test versions:

Barkeeper + Wench

Archmage + Beggar

• only regular UNP + 7B shapes supported (UNPB + Skinny + 7BO + 7BCH included, Seraphim in future updates)
  • some clipping around shoulder region and left hip possible on 1-2 outfits, i suspect this might be a problem with default UUNP weighting (might need some suggestions how to fix that)
  • panties will be replaced with an optimized mesh (ignore them for testing)
For the most part this is extremely easy.

First i adjust the base shape of the outfit to fit all regular 7B + UNP shapes. This fixes the problem with UUNP having 50 nearly identical shapes, otherwise you'd have to do exactly the same edits 50 times.

Then i use Mesh Rigger to copy all weights (except L+R Thigh) to the torso outfits, and only L+R thigh to the boots.

Reason is that the Thigh weights on the skirts have not much in common with the base shape, so copying that is useless. And the boots only really need the thigh weights.

Edited by guk

Important - i forgot the updated .esp which you'll need to see the edited Cowl/Hat for the "Farmclothes 03 Extra" outfit and standalone Hat 03:

UVR - UNPMDC v0.1 ESP fix.7z

The one that comes with the original mod has no weight slider and the vanilla weighting, so it clips both with the body and with animations.

Now this does already contain fixes where no mesh exists for in the original mod, so i packed the basic conversions of them (thalmor + miner boots) to make sure your game doesn't crash or anything else. They are not meant for testing though, i merely applied the "UNP Perky -> CBBE" slider and saved them under the _1.nif name.

Which, BTW is something i recommend anyone trying to convert a large scale mod like this - grab the conversion reference, and load / convert / save all outfits of the mod before starting any projects.

This is an extremely tedious and repetitive process (should suggest a script for batch conversion at some point), and you can easily make mistakes. But it is good to get an overview of all the meshes, more important you don't have to switch between meshes- and conversionsets folders all the time.

Edited by guk

I'm confused about this. Say I wanted to use the UUNP HDT with the Dream Girl Preset. How would I go about converting armors to the Dream Girl form in Outfit Studio? Or does UUNP cover every possible variant of UNP listed under Presets?

Yikes... this stuff makes my head spin. >.>

Just noticed that the vanilla Farmclothes-03-Gloves are missing in UNP Minidress Collection, so i made these from scratch using the vanilla mesh:

32CqVwG.png

R9iCb4q.png

3RciQMu.png

3oGCkpu.png

I made them by adding the UUNP handmesh, and applying a masked Zap Slider to the covered part of the hands. Needs some more optimization but looks okay-ish so far; problem is that the gloves are significantly smaller than the UUNP hands.
With that Zap Slider method to remove body parts, i guess it's gonna be a faceroll to fix any clipping on the other outfits.

Fineclothes + Jester are also ready, although i might want to test the same zap slider method before handing out the test versions.

Iuyxqta.png

5PdPxKP.png

qZ0QBpR.png

3ifD0B7.png

XqTn4tj.png

@Cell & BringTheNoise - wanted to thank you guys again for all the work that went into BS2+UUNP, i'm having lots of fun working with it and my conversion results are getting better and better :)

I'm confused about this. Say I wanted to use the UUNP HDT with the Dream Girl Preset. How would I go about converting armors to the Dream Girl form in Outfit Studio? Or does UUNP cover every possible variant of UNP listed under Presets?

Ideally you'd want to convert outfits to the CBBE-shaped reference body of UUNP, then it can be used for any of the included UNP / 7B shapes.

It covers more or less all UNP variants including Dream Girl, yeah. You might need a different texture for the Dream Girl boobs, not sure.

And what guk said.

Just noticed that the vanilla Farmclothes-03-Gloves are missing in UNP Minidress Collection, so i made these from scratch using the vanilla mesh:

32CqVwG.png

R9iCb4q.png

3RciQMu.png

3oGCkpu.png

I made them by adding the UUNP handmesh, and applying a masked Zap Slider to the covered part of the hands. Needs some more optimization but looks okay-ish so far; problem is that the gloves are significantly smaller than the UUNP hands.

With that Zap Slider method to remove body parts, i guess it's gonna be a faceroll to fix any clipping on the other outfits.

Fineclothes + Jester are also ready, although i might want to test the same zap slider method before handing out the test versions.

Iuyxqta.png

5PdPxKP.png

qZ0QBpR.png

3ifD0B7.png

XqTn4tj.png

@Cell & BringTheNoise - wanted to thank you guys again for all the work that went into BS2+UUNP, i'm having lots of fun working with it and my conversion results are getting better and better  :)

Ideally you'd want to convert outfits to the CBBE-shaped reference body of UUNP, then it can be used for any of the included UNP / 7B shapes.

Thanks for using it so much. :)