Just wondering what might be wrong on my end.

Using the minidresses collection I can't seem to create meshes of the outfits if I mess around with sliders on both sides (low and high).

for example: I reduced the 7b oppai to 60% as I don't really like the shape uunp has for minimum weight. After this is done bodyslide bugs out. Is this a known issue, or something on my end? The program doesn't crash though, unless I attempt to preview low weight model.

Edit: Tested it now, and I get the same error when I try to export anything else than the bodymeshes (warlockrobes, yarlclothing etc) as well, except the entire program crashes when I click the button. This is even without any changes to the bodymesh, only an "official" preset. Help? :(

Editedit: Nvm, didn't know there was a new bodyslide 2 version. Updated and everything works :)

Testing those panties out.

@BTN: did you see Halo released a new version of his high poly hands and feet, i tried conforming them to the current sliders, but that resulted in gaps, so it's not as easy as i thought...

maybe it would be worth your while to upgrade the current ones with the new ones?

cheers

We already talked about that a week ago on the IRC. I'll implement them at some point - what you missed was masking the seams before conforming.

I found a little bug in the UUNP slider sets - the "ButtShape" slider is inverted, which it is not for CBBE.

This is fixed for the next release.

EDIT: Conversions that have already been made can be easily updated by changing invert="true" to invert="false" in their slider set XML files.

They will continue working just fine without, though (just with the slider inverted).

On Halo's new hands and feet.

I did a quick look and noticed they have the same issue as the originals (if I'm not mistaken), that is they have one half the amount of faces/vertices as the wrist and ankle seams.

This will not be a problem for most of the UUNP shapes, but will have possible issues for Dream Girl as that wrist and ankle seam have a more rounded setup.

The lack of the extra vertices/faces on the seam means that the ankle on the feet and the wrist on the hand will have a flat section where the body has a rounded section. This results in gaps and is the reason I added extra faces/vertices to halo's first set of hands/feet and why they are called UUNP hands and feet now as to distinguish them from halo's set.

This may need to be done again if the hands  and feet from the second version are to be converted over.

Oh and asking Halo for permission, would be a wise idea as well.

On Halo's new hands and feet.

I did a quick look and noticed they have the same issue as the originals (if I'm not mistaken), that is they have one half the amount of faces/vertices as the wrist and ankle seams.

This will not be a problem for most of the UUNP shapes, but will have possible issues for Dream Girl as that wrist and ankle seam have a more rounded setup.

The lack of the extra vertices/faces on the seam means that the ankle on the feet and the wrist on the hand will have a flat section where the body has a rounded section. This results in gaps and is the reason I added extra faces/vertices to halo's first set of hands/feet and why they are called UUNP hands and feet now as to distinguish them from halo's set.

This may need to be done again if the hands  and feet from the second version are to be converted over.

Oh and asking Halo for permission, would be a wise idea as well.

I just realized that simply conforming the new feet to the sliders won't work, as the seams are affected by the sliders as well (and conforming isn't a 100% transfer). And since the feet and nails are merged now, the vertex count changed and you can also not simply use the existing sliders for the new feet.

So yeah, not going to happen. Other than the new weighting, there are no changes I consider must-haves (for UUNP) anyway.

About upcoming UUNP development, in my opinion the most urgent things to optimize:

• Crotch/Pussy weighting (see this post)
  • Left Hip weighting (big spike around the left hip bone when crouching or turning legs outward)
  • Pelvis/Spine/Butt weighting (or whatever causes the buttcrack and upper buttocks to occasionally show a blocky or spiky shape)

This is after i spent some time comparing how the original 7B Bombshell / 7BO / UNP bodies behave compared to UUNP.

I can also make more screenshots if necessary to highlight these issues better. All of them are major glitches in my eyes and they cause not only issues in displaying the body, but also converting outfits. The texture distortion on the crotch is particularily ugly when making screenshots and also causes extreme stretching on panties, and the hipbone spike usually causes clipping in that area. The buttcrack also picks up at the rear end of the crotch so that's usually 2 distortions in one picture.

_____

And about a new feet mesh:

I assume that 99% of all users/players would never notice that UUNP has a different feet mesh than regular UNP, unless you point that out and show comparison screenshots. Feet are just nothing you spend much time looking at, when there's a beautiful face with tits, pussy, ass and legs in the same picture :)

Now i've been around with UUNP development for the past half year, and after converting outfits the REAL difference is that - unless i'm mistaken - the feet have like twice the vertices than the whole CBBE body mesh? Also the nails don't display their colors as good as they are painted in the textures.

The nails are just an aesthetical difference, but the insane vertex count seems to create issues when trying to copy weights with mesh rigger. I already tried to remove the nails for the MR template mesh, but for more complex boots the only way right now is to copy weights in OS.

_____

That's it for now, i hope this doesn't sound too harsh and is meant as 100% constructive criticism :)

PS.: All Halo's mods are free to re-use, see here: link

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62469/?

Converted and tested, let me know if you see any mistakes since this is the first thing I ever did with OS.

attachicon.gifUUNP Sexy Demon Hunter.7z

Nice... except the belt doesn't seem to appear on my character. It's listed ok, and it appeared to build ok, and she has it in inventory and it says it's equipped..... but it doesn't show. Did I screw something up? :) (wouldn't be the first time)

Otherwise.... this looks nice. I'm in a profile using UUNP's 7B body shape. I build armors and a lot of clothing using the 7B Cleavage shape as it just makes them look like their tits are stuffed into something a bit more confining than  just hanging out in the open air.

And this looks excellent ! :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62469/?

Converted and tested, let me know if you see any mistakes since this is the first thing I ever did with OS.

attachicon.gifUUNP Sexy Demon Hunter.7z

Nice... except the belt doesn't seem to appear on my character. It's listed ok, and it appeared to build ok, and she has it in inventory and it says it's equipped..... but it doesn't show. Did I screw something up? :) (wouldn't be the first time)

Otherwise.... this looks nice. I'm in a profile using UUNP's 7B body shape. I build armors and a lot of clothing using the 7B Cleavage shape as it just makes them look like their tits are stuffed into something a bit more confining than  just hanging out in the open air.

And this looks excellent ! :)

Yeah, just checked and I have the same issue. I also noticed that in first person I can see the armor so I made some mistakes. I'll work on it this evening and see if I can trouble shoot the issues.

About upcoming UUNP development, in my opinion the most urgent things to optimize:

• Left Hip weighting (big spike around the left hip bone when crouching or turning legs outward)
  • Pelvis/Spine/Butt weighting (or whatever causes the buttcrack and upper buttocks to occasionally show a blocky or spiky shape)

I've noted it down. While it would be good to have them fixed, they're not that major issues to me personally. I still see Skyrim as a game, not a high quality poser program (no offense against those trying to make it be that). I'll look at the weighting the next time when I might be trying to copy the Halo feet weights (only the weights) to the UUNP feet (and hands).

I've noted it down. While it would be good to have them fixed, they're not that major issues to me personally. I still see Skyrim as a game, not a high quality poser program (no offense against those trying to make it be that). I'll look at the weighting the next time when I might be trying to copy the Halo feet weights (only the weights) to the UUNP feet (and hands).

Oh well now i wanted to transfer the weights from 7BO to UUNP for testing which didn't work (different vertex count), then i took rickerhk's 7B-Bombshell TBBP (which i never tested in game).

Mentioned problems are fixed, although this is overshooting the mark quite a bit because as you can see in the last attached pic, the crappy arm bends are back ;)

Otherwise this looks very good on 2 rather extreme UUNP bodies (Skinny + 7BO), just the breast bounce is very low and butt bounce area a tad bit too large.

Rgp3Au4.png

M83wY2b.png

68lKGMj.png

41JeL72.png

R2IleiA.png

cStVrBr.png

TrQdVK0.png

bhmTpLg.png

KpUG8Fj.png

lHhqMzU.png

0JsiBJg.png

H8DJNqX.png

XjDWDt0.png

UUNPHDT-2.5-rickersweights.7z (ShapeData reference body)

I guess i could experiment more with this, just a few questions:

• which areas/weights are relevant for the arm bends (or how did you fix them for UUNP) ?
  • any recommendations for other reference bodies valid for weight transfer? (the butt looked better with 7BO)
  • are there any weights or areas that shouldn't be touched for possible feet/hand/head compatibility?

Oh well now i wanted to transfer the weights from 7BO to UUNP for testing which didn't work (different vertex count), then i took rickerhk's 7B-Bombshell TBBP (which i never tested in game).

Mentioned problems are fixed, although this is overshooting the mark quite a bit because as you can see in the last attached pic, the crappy arm bends are back ;)

Otherwise this looks very good on 2 rather extreme UUNP bodies (Skinny + 7BO), just the breast bounce is very low and butt bounce area a tad bit too large.

Rgp3Au4.png

M83wY2b.png

68lKGMj.png

41JeL72.png

R2IleiA.png

cStVrBr.png

TrQdVK0.png

bhmTpLg.png

KpUG8Fj.png

lHhqMzU.png

0JsiBJg.png

H8DJNqX.png

XjDWDt0.png

attachicon.gifUUNPHDT-2.5-rickersweights.7z (ShapeData reference body)

I guess i could experiment more with this, just a few questions:

• which areas/weights are relevant for the arm bends (or how did you fix them for UUNP) ?
  • any recommendations for other reference bodies valid for weight transfer? (the butt looked better with 7BO)
  • are there any weights or areas that shouldn't be touched for possible feet/hand/head compatibility?

You would need ages to fix everything up. Copying is also a bad idea, because Skyrim has a limit of 4 weights per vertex, and doing it makes it exceed that in a lot of places. I spent hours making the belly scale properly because of this, deciding which weights to put on every single vertex around that area to not exceed the limit which would break the belly. There's been more thought going into everything as you might be thinking. :P

In my opinion it would be wiser to take the existing UUNP and try to fix the issues, rather than copy the weights from another body and fix all the other issues. No automation, just straight Blender action on the weights.

OS is bad for doing this to bodies, because it doesn't normalize the weights properly yet. For example, if something has a weight of 1.0 in OS, it doesn't necessarily mean it also has that in-game because of how the engine and format handle the normalization and the 4 vertex limit. Blender takes this into account.

Hmm the "transfer weights" works flawless, i'm just not sure if that particular version of 7B is optimal.

I just re-did everything with mixed weights from that body and yours, gonna test it for a bit with animations and then try to copy those weights into an outfit.

Also about Blender, i've been searching for guides how to edit Skyrim meshes with it, and everything is like 50 pages of stuff you have to do just to import the mesh. Sorry but there's no way i'm doing that for each of the hundreds of vanilla outfits.

You would need ages to fix everything up. Copying is also a bad idea, because Skyrim has a limit of 4 weights per vertex, and doing it makes it exceed that in a lot of places. I spent hours making the belly scale properly because of this, deciding which weights to put on every single vertex around that area to not exceed the limit which would break the belly. There's been more thought going into everything as you might be thinking. :P

In my opinion it would be wiser to take the existing UUNP and try to fix the issues, rather than copy the weights from another body and fix all the other issues. No automation, just straight Blender action on the weights.

OS is bad for doing this to bodies, because it doesn't normalize the weights properly yet. For example, if something has a weight of 1.0 in OS, it doesn't necessarily mean it also has that in-game because of how the engine and format handle the normalization and the 4 vertex limit. Blender takes this into account.

How can i test that thing with the 4 weights / vertex limit?

Just shuffled the weights around with your arm/breast/butt weights on the mesh i already uploaded, and everything works in game. And i mean it doesn't only "work", it works better than the original 7B body for the most part and fixes all issues i found with UUNP v2.5.

I just made about 1000 screenshots and i'm about 99% happy, there's just something around the wrist area i'll have to check out tomorrow.

So unless anyone can prove that these transferred weights have technical flaws that i don't see (and you know how pedantic i test with poses), i'm gonna upload 2 versions - one for CBBE bounce levels and one for 7B - and use that for my conversions.

UUNPHDT-2.5-mixed-v0.2.7z

For the wrist, check and make sure the forearm bone is not on the wrist seam (LLar - Left Forearm and RLar - Right Forearm).

The Forearm twist 1 and 2 do need to touch the wrist seam.

the Main Forearm bones should stop at one vertex ring just before the wrist seam. This allows animations to twist the wrist to match the hand.

7BO is a 6950 vertex count if I'm remembering correctly (that does not include the vagina or the 3d hair mesh). So yeah a strait bone weight transfer from that one will not work as the vertex index and count are different.

You could possibly try using Mesh Rigger, but I've had mesh rigger rip seam welds, and do weight over spray.... so pro's and con's.

The main bones for the arms are the upper arm, upper arm twist 1 and 2, then the forearm, forearm twist 1 and twist 2 (so 6 main bones). Along with checking the clavicle bones as they need to match up to the upper arm set (main and twists) or the shoulders will bend incorrectly.... Fucking hated working on those, thank god someone else does that shit now :rolleyes:

hmmm.... I wonder when Blabba is going to finish up Citrus (the hands and feet were smaller, so maybe they would make a better choice to move to if Cell were to move to anything)... :blink::ph34r:

How can i test that thing with the 4 weights / vertex limit?

Just shuffled the weights around with your arm/breast/butt weights on the mesh i already uploaded, and everything works in game. And i mean it doesn't only "work", it works better than the original 7B body for the most part and fixes all issues i found with UUNP v2.5.

I just made about 1000 screenshots and i'm about 99% happy, there's just something around the wrist area i'll have to check out tomorrow.

So unless anyone can prove that these transferred weights have technical flaws that i don't see (and you know how pedantic i test with poses), i'm gonna upload 2 versions - one for CBBE bounce levels and one for 7B - and use that for my conversions.

attachicon.gifUUNPHDT-2.5-mixed-v0.2.7z

NifSkope tells you how MANY vertices exceed the limit when you generate skin partitions (you don't have to get a result of 0, it doesn't matter in all cases). Blender (and maybe 3ds max) tells you which vertices. Those are the only programs I know that can tell you something about it.

It mostly matters for scaling the breast, butt and belly bones. That's where I had to spend hours on to not make others interfere with them, because when they exceed the limit, they become all spiky and uneven.

I personally don't care about scaling bones (especially since we have RM morphs now), but a lot of people do for the dynamic scaling mods here on LL (though it would be better if they just switched to using RM morphs), so I needed to make sure it scales good. For UUNP Special I also had to clean up the thigh and pussy bones around the vagina area a bit so they match the opening of it.

I'll take a look at your mesh.

EDIT: I found that 5 bones affect the belly, which would break my scaling fixes for that.

The ones you can't do something about are Pelvis, Spine, Spine1 and Belly.

The one you could adjust, which I had to do with mine, was the Thigh - looking at it in OS it has spray weights on the belly.

However, you couldn't just fix this in OS now, because first you don't know which the exact vertices are, and second, OS doesn't normalize the 4 weights after you have adjusted them, and it will continue looking spiky in-game.

EDIT 2: Result is this in Blender and in-game: http://i.imgur.com/s4My1Jp.png compared to mine: http://i.imgur.com/sz5lVBO.png

This is not the belly weights being off, this is the other weights influencing the belly weights.

I'm just sharing the demotivation and pain I had to go through - don't mind me. :P

For the wrist, check and make sure the forearm bone is not on the wrist seam (LLar - Left Forearm and RLar - Right Forearm).

the Main Forearm bones should stop at one vertex ring just before the wrist seam. This allows animations to twist the wrist to match the hand.

7BO is a 6950 vertex count if I'm remembering correctly (that does not include the vagina or the 3d hair mesh). So yeah a strait bone weight transfer from that one will not work as the vertex index and count are different.

You could possibly try using Mesh Rigger, but I've had mesh rigger rip seam welds, and do weight over spray.... so pro's and con's.

The main bones for the arms are the upper arm, upper arm twist 1 and 2, then the forearm, forearm twist 1 and twist 2 (so 6 main bones). Along with checking the clavicle bones as they need to match up to the upper arm set (main and twists) or the shoulders will bend incorrectly.... Fucking hated working on those, thank god someone else does that shit now  :rolleyes:

hmmm.... I wonder when Blabba is going to finish up Citrus (the hands and feet were smaller, so maybe they would make a better choice to move to if Cell were to move to anything)...  :blink:  :ph34r:

I'm probably not gonna do anything entirely new for Skyrim anymore, I'm just gonna continue fixing CBBE/UUNP and BodySlide and see what the next game will bring.

NifSkope tells you how MANY vertices exceed the limit when you generate skin partitions (you don't have to get a result of 0, it doesn't matter in all cases). Blender (and maybe 3ds max) tells you which vertices. Those are the only programs I know that can tell you something about it.

It mostly matters for scaling the breast, butt and belly bones. That's where I had to spend hours on to not make others interfere with them, because when they exceed the limit, they become all spiky and uneven.

I personally don't care about scaling bones (especially since we have RM morphs now), but a lot of people do for the dynamic scaling mods here on LL (though it would be better if they just switched to using RM morphs), so I needed to make sure it scales good. For UUNP Special I also had to clean up the thigh and pussy bones around the vagina area a bit so they match the opening of it.

I'll take a look at your mesh.

EDIT: I found that 5 bones affect the belly, which would break my scaling fixes for that.

The ones you can't do something about are Pelvis, Spine, Spine1 and Belly.

The one you could adjust, which I had to do with mine, was the Thigh - looking at it in OS it has spray weights on the belly.

However, you couldn't just fix this in OS now, because first you don't know which the exact vertices are, and second, OS doesn't normalize the 4 weights after you have adjusted them, and it will continue looking spiky in-game.

EDIT 2: Result is this in Blender and in-game: http://i.imgur.com/s4My1Jp.png compared to mine: http://i.imgur.com/sz5lVBO.png

This is not the belly weights being off, this is the other weights influencing the belly weights.

I'm just sharing the demotivation and pain I had to go through - don't mind me. :P

I see.

Well just one thing about the belly bone, i have been using it with CBBE Bodyslide and subtle HDTPE belly bounce. Looks hot on chubbier presets, but it's nothing essential and always causes some problems.

I know lots of other people use it for pregnancy mods, however without judging anyone it is just one very specific sexual fetish just like bdsm- foot- redhead- teen- MILF- BBW- peeing- or whatever other fetishes.

Now if we want UUNP as a serious high-end and top-quality body replacer, and only the belly bone stands in the way, i'll gladly remove the belly bone weights in favor of a body that is as good or better than anything else in Skyrim modding. I hope none of you guys has a problem with an alternative UUNP HDT nude body and outfit conversions based on that?

______

Alright now i checked that in nifskope and it confirms the 5 bones/vertex issue. However in game it seems to work with RaceMenu's maximum belly scale (looks like ~6th month pregnancy?):

UZlaPi0.png

irqv8yU.png

UoA71qd.png

Looks spiky, but has to do with the pose and looks almost identical without belly bone @1.0 scaling

m6Wy1XT.png

M1oXv5Z.png

But as i said, i have no problems with removing the belly scaling entirely if it conflicts with a properly animated body.

Oh and besides the issues that i mentioned recently (crotch, hipbone, butt spikes) i also fixed this arm problem which i reported a long time ago - look under "1 new issue - the left arm has a deformation"

link <-----

post-134589-0-56059600-1422929346.jpg

post-134589-0-73319100-1422931322.jpg

This is still present in UUNP 2.5, with the transferred 7B upperarm weights the issue is gone:

33f8kVR.png

Just try to see it from my side, i'm converting hundreds of outfits and they all have the same issues in those areas. So instead of tweaking every outfit around these issues, i rather fix the baseshape first.

And i think we can agree that the amount and quality of outfit conversions is deciding wether a body replacer is accepted by users?

The main bones for the arms are the upper arm, upper arm twist 1 and 2, then the forearm, forearm twist 1 and twist 2 (so 6 main bones). Along with checking the clavicle bones as they need to match up to the upper arm set (main and twists) or the shoulders will bend incorrectly.... Fucking hated working on those, thank god someone else does that shit now :rolleyes:

hmmm.... I wonder when Blabba is going to finish up Citrus (the hands and feet were smaller, so maybe they would make a better choice to move to if Cell were to move to anything)... :blink::ph34r:

I still don't quite get it - if you used 7B Bombshell as base for the UUNP body, why did you try to use Dreamgirl weights for it? ;)

Because simply using the "transfer weights" function of OS to get the 7B weights into UUNP is giving me a perfectly animated body. Belly issues aside, because rickerhk's 7B Bombshell doesn't have belly weights. Probably 7BO could be used as reference instead, but as mentioned the transfer isn't possible.

Edit: and yeah Mesh Rigger does a poor job many times - when i use it on an outfit shapedata.nif, the UUNP body inside doesn't always match the original weights. Not sure if i'm missing some settings.

Also CITRUS has been cancelled to my knowlegde, and i can't imagine how this is supposed to work for outfits and slidermorphs.

Edited by guk

I still don't quite get it - if you used 7B Bombshell as base for the UUNP body, why did you try to use Dreamgirl weights for it? ;)

Because simply using the "transfer weights" function of OS to get the 7B weights into UUNP is giving me a perfectly animated body. Belly issues aside, because rickerhk's 7B Bombshell doesn't have belly weights. Probably 7BO could be used as reference instead, but as mentioned the transfer isn't possible.

The transfer weights featured wasn't in Outfit Studio yet at that time.

About the belly weights - it's not really an HDT body without them anymore. While you and I might not need them, a lot of other people do, so it would be a bad practice to create yet another different variant of body types (that don't have belly weights unlike the other HDT ones).

Send me your latest UUNPHDT.nif so I can look at it myself.

I think the reason the belly looks fine for you in-game, is because your HDT Physics are controlling the belly bone (HDT makes the engine ignore the 4 vertex limit). If you scale the belly without an HDT XML setup that controls the belly node, you will get the deformations in my Blender screenshot.

I use the default HDT XML that comes with the Nexus mod, so that would be the case for me.

The transfer weights featured wasn't in Outfit Studio yet at that time.

About the belly weights - it's not really an HDT body without them anymore. While you and I might not need them, a lot of other people do, so it would be a bad practice to create yet another different variant of body types (that don't have belly weights unlike the other HDT ones).

Send me your latest UUNPHDT.nif so I can look at it myself.

I think the reason the belly looks fine for you in-game, is because your HDT Physics are controlling the belly bone (HDT makes the engine ignore the 4 vertex limit). If you scale the belly without an HDT XML setup that controls the belly node, you will get the deformations in my Blender screenshot.

I use the default HDT XML that comes with the Nexus mod, so that would be the case for me.

Fully understandable that we want 1 standard for everything :)

The HDT.xml i'm using is the one from RickerHK's "Remodeled Armor for 7B Bombshell HDT TBBP" mod, which also ships with the body i copied the weights from. Doesn't have belly information though.

And my latest reference body edit is still the "mixed-v0.2" above, i only just tested copying those weights into panties with Mesh Rigger (which was a significant improvement over the original UUNP weights).

Maybe there is another version of 7B that has all HDT weights? I mean if the vertex structure is 7B, would be best to use exactly those weights.

_____

BTW - how do i edit the panties to become an accessory? I removed the bodymesh, set the slot to 45 and set priority to 10, but something is missing to display it in game.

Basically i copied what the Osare Maid Panty does, only difference is an "unknown" entry which i can't recreate in CK or TES5edit.

_____

BTW - how do i edit the panties to become an accessory? I removed the bodymesh, set the slot to 45 and set priority to 10, but something is missing to display it in game.

Basically i copied what the Osare Maid Panty does, only difference is an "unknown" entry which i can't recreate in CK or TES5edit.

You've also set the slot in nifskope?

Alright about the max bones/vertex issue, i also checked RickerHK's 7B body, and according to Nifskope that even has an amazing 7 bones / vertex record. Probably due to being TBBP with double breast weights.

So that limit only concerns the bone scaling? No other possible side effects? Because everything seems to work fine in game.

Alright about the max bones/vertex issue, i also checked RickerHK's 7B body, and according to Nifskope that even has an amazing 7 bones / vertex record. Probably due to being TBBP with double breast weights.

So that limit only concerns the bone scaling? No other possible side effects? Because everything seems to work fine in game.

I think he has removed the 2 extra breast bones in his latest update.

I've only seen the bad results when bone scaling as well, however in theory it should drop any weights that exceed the limit entirely (the weakest ones) which could cause spikes in certain situations. This is just the technical side, though.

I haven't had time to look at your weights in-game yet, was (wanted to be) quite busy with the BodySlide code for the past 3-4 days.

I will at some point.