@HomeScreen503 the screenshot above sums it up pretty much. Also, there's patch notes section on the mod page that I update each release ? 

How do you imagine a SS++ integration?

There are mods that slap a collar on you, and there's the Auto Pet Toggle feature when the Player is wearing any type of collar. Isn't it enough?

Edited by yurik
7 hours ago, yurik said:

@HomeScreen503 the screenshot above sums it up pretty much. Also, there's patch notes section on the mod page that I update each release ? 

How do you imagine a SS++ integration?

There are mods that slap a collar on you, and there's the Auto Pet Toggle feature when the Player is wearing any type of collar. Isn't it enough?

Apologies, didn't see it at the time I posted that but it's there now

SS++ integration I'd think could depend on what the plans are for the mod going forward, if there's nothing that's going to be added that would make integration useful then there'd be no point obviously, I just thought it could be an interesting direction

Also unrelated but for some reason for the glow effect I'm not getting any patterns, just a bright solid light around the neck and another floating behind the head. Do I need to install that other mod to make the pattern appear? I'm using the version of 5.7.0 that was posted as of my earlier message

@HomeScreen503 That doesn't sound right. It should look as on the screenshot above. Definitely no extra lights behind the head. Could you post a screenshot?

And no, you don't need any dependencies beside Devious Devices.

Regarding to the direction, there will be no stories or dialogues but if someone needs an API or changes to integrate it with their mod, I'm providing assistance.

Edited by yurik

As appealing as I find this new feature, something's wrong with the halo effect. Rather than showing the sigils as advertised, all I'm seeing is a textureless pink haze.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:18 AM, Canaduh said:

Just throwing this into the ring, but I don't think anyone has used these models yet, if you wanted to have some various different things to try

Steel Devices

I like the way you think.

2 hours ago, HomeScreen503 said:

There are mods that slap a collar on you

Which mods put the pet collar on you? If you don't mind my asking. Otherwise, there are no in-character ways to have it equipped besides just putting it on yourself, or using MCM?

3 minutes ago, Lenore said:

Which mods put the pet collar on you? If you don't mind my asking. Otherwise, there are no in-character ways to have it equipped besides just putting it on yourself, or using MCM?

Sanguine's Debauchery+ for one. There's anything that operates using a Devious Devices Framework (especially Devious;y Cursed Loot). If memory serves, I think the aforementioned DCL might have a means of integrating said collar into its drop tables.

That aside, the MCM has a feature that allows you to apply that effect to any/all collars you wear. Which means that while that toggle is active, the aforementioned mods will integrate the effect seamlessly into their own collar mechanics.

PetCollar is registered as a generic DD device so it can be used by any mod that utilizes this feature. But I don't remember any other mod beside DCL that uses it ?

Check the Enslavement Mods, I think most of them get you collared:

I used Sanguine's Debauchery+ as well, years ago. Then switched to this:

4 hours ago, HomeScreen503 said:

Also unrelated but for some reason for the glow effect I'm not getting any patterns, just a bright solid light around the neck and another floating behind the head. Do I need to install that other mod to make the pattern appear? I'm using the version of 5.7.0 that was posted as of my earlier message

Are you on LE? ?

7 hours ago, HomeScreen503 said:

2 hours ago, yurik said:

Are you on LE? ?

Indeed, the collar glow textures need to be converted for LE. They need to be converted from DXT7 to DXT5 (or any other format LE can read) to work properly. I converted them, so I'll attach them here for anyone interested. You can add them to the mod if you wish.

Pet Collar v5.7.0 - collar glow textures.7z

14 hours ago, Vuzzar said:

Indeed, the collar glow textures need to be converted for LE. They need to be converted from DXT7 to DXT5 (or any other format LE can read) to work properly. I converted them, so I'll attach them here for anyone interested. You can add them to the mod if you wish.

Pet Collar v5.7.0 - collar glow textures.7z 209.37 kB · 6 downloads

Much obliged. Testing now...

Anyone know of a way to add the pet collar to the item list for the devious devices that can be triggered for the Deviously Cursed Loot or Deviously Enchanted Chests mods?  So few ways to get it besides the above 2 mods ?.  I've never really liked using either of those 2 that someone mentioned earlier ?.

Edited by SkyTem
1 hour ago, Vuzzar said:

You can replace the textures with the ones I converted. They should be compatible with any Skyrim version.

Thank you! I added your conversion. I don't see any visual differences in AE, so I'm just going to use it from now on.

56 minutes ago, SkyTem said:

Anyone know of a way to add the pet collar to the item list for the devious devices that can be triggered for the Deviously Cursed Loot or Deviously Enchanted Chests mods?  So few ways to get it besides the above 2 mods ?.  I've never really liked using either of those 2 that someone mentioned earlier ?.

It should just work. My mod registers itself into the generic list:

RegisterGenericDevice(petCollar, "collar,short,metal,PetCollar")
1 hour ago, bubba999 said:

Is it compatible with face light again?

Nope. If you're referring to the file upload notification, I merely repacked it so there's no separate LE download. No changes were made.