Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Is there a list of which mods link into SAR?

Looking for something like SLAC but for humans.

There are a few mods that can trigger SL scenes for humans based on arousal I think, but none IMO are nearly as clean/effective out of the box as SLAC is.  

Scent of Sex is my current go-to random human (and group creature) animation starter but it is a large and complicated mod.  You can make rules for it that cause high-arousal NPCs to trigger SL scenes with or without dialogue I believe.

There are a few mods that can trigger SL scenes for humans based on arousal I think, but none IMO are nearly as clean/effective out of the box as SLAC is.  

Scent of Sex is my current go-to random human (and group creature) animation starter but it is a large and complicated mod.  You can make rules for it that cause high-arousal NPCs to trigger SL scenes with or without dialogue I believe.

thank you, I'll take a look

I have an issue with Aroused sometimes where levels do not update unless I target with the N key. Debug scanners show 0 values, but when I hit N it displays a higher value which the scanners start to pick up.

I've tried disabling the nude requirement. Any idea what else could be causing this?

I'm thinking cell scan frequency - how low can it go?

Is there a way to seed the initial arousal value when the cloak spell is added?

Thank you

I have an issue with Aroused sometimes where levels do not update unless I target with the N key. Debug scanners show 0 values, but when I hit N it displays a higher value which the scanners start to pick up.

I've tried disabling the nude requirement. Any idea what else could be causing this?

Thank you

There is no way to seed arousal.

Do not reduce cell scan frequency too far.  It is good for most people as it is.

There is no way to disable the nude requirement without modifying the esm file.

This all works very well for most people.   Do you have a mod conflicting?

Scan only works for ActorTypeNPC within 1024 clicks of the player.

By default, the npc must have los on the naked actor.  You can change that value in MCM.  LOS is flacky in skyrim if the naked actor is not the player.  However, having this set off has the major disadvantage of increasing arousal for naked actors in different room where they can't really see the naked actor.

Thank you

There is no way to seed arousal.

Do not reduce cell scan frequency too far.  It is good for most people as it is.

There is no way to disable the nude requirement without modifying the esm file.

This all works very well for most people.   Do you have a mod conflicting?

Scan only works for ActorTypeNPC within 1024 clicks of the player.

By default, the npc must have los on the naked actor.  You can change that value in MCM.  LOS is flacky in skyrim if the naked actor is not the player.  However, having this set off has the major disadvantage of increasing arousal for naked actors in different room where they can't really see the naked actor.

Thanks Fishburger -  On your advice I turned off LOS and looked into my other mods and reduced scan radius, which has really sped up papyrus quite a bit. I'm pretty happy with the performance now :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have an issue and hopefully someone can help. My character has sex with her lover but no matter how many times his arousal does not go down. I have not messed with exposure rate or anything so not quite sure what is causing this.

Did you install Sexlab Separate Orgasms mod but not install the patch it makes to Sexlab Aroused Redux?

I was wondering if it's fairly straightforward to reduce the amount of arousal lost when masturbating, I was thinking that the drop in arousal is quite large so for mods like Cursed Loot if the masturbation option is used then it drops the arousal level below the other possible rape effects in the mod. I did a couple of tests using the N key and it seemed to drop from the exposure I set of 99 to 57 (using v27c).

I had a look at the functions in slamainscr.psc but couldn't see anyway obvious to change the reduction in arousal (unless I missed it)

Ideally I'd like to drop the arousal loss to about 1 or 2 (frustration in not having real sex) or perhaps even increase arousal (roleplay - Dibella's Curse)

I don't expect you to change the mod just for me, I'd just like to know where to look to change for my own use

I was wondering if it's fairly straightforward to reduce the amount of arousal lost when masturbating, I was thinking that the drop in arousal is quite large so for mods like Cursed Loot if the masturbation option is used then it drops the arousal level below the other possible rape effects in the mod. I did a couple of tests using the N key and it seemed to drop from the exposure I set of 99 to 57 (using v27c).

I had a look at the functions in slamainscr.psc but couldn't see anyway obvious to change the reduction in arousal (unless I missed it)

Ideally I'd like to drop the arousal loss to about 1 or 2 (frustration in not having real sex) or perhaps even increase arousal (roleplay - Dibella's Curse)

I don't expect you to change the mod just for me, I'd just like to know where to look to change for my own use

Pretty sure the easiest way to make the mod do what you want is simply stop masturbation animations from being able to trigger an orgasm (at least as far as SLA is concerned).  Whether or not an animation can cause a character to orgasm is just based on tags in the slamainscr.psc script.  You could either remove "masturbation" from the tags that can cause an orgasm in that script and recompile it or remove masturbation tags from your solo animations (possible side effect of mods not being able to find animations if they search for that tag).

That would be way simpler than having masturbation animations specifically only deplete a tiny amount of exposure.

Pretty sure the easiest way to make the mod do what you want is simply stop masturbation animations from being able to trigger an orgasm (at least as far as SLA is concerned).  Whether or not an animation can cause a character to orgasm is just based on tags in the slamainscr.psc script.  You could either remove "masturbation" from the tags that can cause an orgasm in that script and recompile it or remove masturbation tags from your solo animations (possible side effect of mods not being able to find animations if they search for that tag).

That would be way simpler than having masturbation animations specifically only deplete a tiny amount of exposure.

That sounds perfect, I'll give it a try. Many thanks Reesewow :)

EDIT: Just had a look at the script and simplest way would be your first suggestion (remove || animation.HasTag("Masturbation")) it's the quickest and save hunting through animations as well.

Owe you a beer for that one

I'm having a slight issue with the mod. When I check the box for SLA to consider certain armor as naked, it works fine for the player. People get aroused after seeing him, and he gets aroused from being an exhibitionist. However, when I set my follower's armor as "naked" by using the checkbox, it seems to not work. There are 2 pieces of armor on the list for my follower, and both are checked, but never gets added to the SLA Naked faction. Even if I add the faction manually, it still never considers the follower naked, as the arousal rating of anyone around to see never increases, and resets the GetInFaction value to 0 (false) upon the next scan. I've already checked the sexuality settings and the cell scan frequency/range, etc. Everything looks fine. As far as I can tell, everything is set up properly, and the follower should by all accounts be considered naked, but never is. I've even tried disabling the LOS Requirement option, also to no avail. I have no idea what could be causing this.

I suppose I should test to see if arousals are updated properly when the follower is wearing nothing at all. Maybe it has to do specifically with the armors never getting properly flagged as exposing.

Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome.

___

After some testing, it seems to have confirmed that the problem must be due to armors not getting properly flagged as naked/revealing for followers (perhaps all NPCs?) Upon trying multiple different types of armors, for various different slots, it seems the body armors, or any type of armor which has the naked option checkbox in the MCM, are not correctly flagging the actor as naked. If the character is wearing boots, gloves, helmet, shield, weapon, etc., none of which having the option to set them as naked in the "Current Armor" section, arousal for nearby actors is correctly updated. Upon equipping an item that has the option to set the item as naked in the "Current Armor" section (generally any slot 32 item,) the arousal ratings stop increasing, even if this option is toggled to true for that armor.

This does not seem to happen for the PC. Wearing an armor with the option toggled True will correctly flag the PC as naked (or exposed) and nearby actors will have their arousal ratings increase accordingly.

I made sure that the "Naked Armor for NPCs" option was also toggled on. It just doesn't seem to be working.

___

Upon further testing, it seems it's not working for any NPCs. I did a very simple test, simply going to Whiterun Hold and turning the guards' armor to "naked" via the SLAR "Current Armor" tab. Upon waiting several minutes with various people walking to and fro around multiple guards, with no other nude folk around, no one's arousal value changed, despite all the guards having "naked" armor. I checked and double checked to make sure I had the "Naked Armor for NPCs" option turned on. Just can't seem to get the custom naked armors to work for NPCs. NPCs get aroused from my PC's nudity just fine, but it doesn't work the other way around. The only way my character can seem to get "exposure" arousal is by being an exhibitionist or having legitimately naked NPCs around (no slot 32 items equipped.)

Completely baffled. I have no clue how to go about fixing this.

Is there any way to remove or reduce the debuff to skill increase caused by too much arousal within the MCM or mod files? I get that it's supposed to be realistic, but considering that some of us use DD and Captured Dreams and get involuntarily (sometimes) strapped in a chastity belt with a full set of spastic plugs for weeks on end, this debuff is rather harsh in my opinion.

Is there any way to remove or reduce the debuff to skill increase caused by too much arousal within the MCM or mod files? I get that it's supposed to be realistic, but considering that some of us use DD and Captured Dreams and get involuntarily (sometimes) strapped in a chastity belt with a full set of spastic plugs for weeks on end, this debuff is rather harsh in my opinion.

There's an option in thee settings menu that will disable the buffs/debuffs.

In the Sexlab Aroused MCM? Not to me at least. I can modify some numbers around how fast arousal decreases over time or something, but none of the tickers mention either buffs or debuffs.

In the Sexlab Aroused MCM? Not to me at least. I can modify some numbers around how fast arousal decreases over time or something, but none of the tickers mention either buffs or debuffs.

This should be the option you're looking for

post-1144974-0-56736800-1507153042_thumb.jpg

Same here as @ittybits's symptom.

1.Custom armor check for NPCs doesn't work.

2.NPCs' rank for sla_naked faction never changes, even if they are completely naked. (when no items equipped)

Yeah. I've tried everything I can think of to get it working. I have very, very limited experience with scripts, and used the pathetic amount of knowledge I do possess to try to look into it a bit. I didn't see a setting for it in the script anywhere, so perhaps it was removed or never fully implemented in the first place. It's also entirely possible I checked the wrong scripts and/or just didn't know what to actually look for.

Additionally, upon using the console and the creation kit to check quests, variables, globals, etc. for the mod, I never saw any related to the "Naked Armor for NPCs" option in the MCM. Perhaps the feature isn't working because it simply doesn't exist in the mod beyond the option toggle.

Would love to get some concrete answers from someone that actually knows how to check this kind of thing.

___

I went back to read through the mod description again, and something jumped out at me this time. (First page of this thread, second post.)

Added the FormList sla_NakedArmorList: This formlist is checked by the naked actor scanner and if any armor on the list is being worn by the actor, that actor is considered naked. However, currently, this formlist is empty. I was planning on putting all the armor the player identifies through the MCM menu options on it, but I want to think about that a while longer. My primary concern is that player must manually add to this list. I would prefer if the mod authors would use the EroticArmor keyword instead.

It sounds to me like it is a feature that has not been fully implemented yet. The base materials are in place, but the script to actually apply the feature has not been included.

Unless there is a later post where the mod author says something different. I don't currently have time to go through 117 pages.

It seems that a user could go into the Creation Kit and add the EroticArmor keyword to any armors they want considered as "Naked" for NPCs. One could also probably create a very simple mod, based on the SexLabAroused.esm master, in which the designated "Naked" armors are manually added to the sla_NakedArmorList formlist and saved as a standalone .esp.

I plan to test the second method sometime later tonight. I'll be sure to give an update on whether altering the formlist works.

Same here as @ittybits's symptom.

1.Custom armor check for NPCs doesn't work.

2.NPCs' rank for sla_naked faction never changes, even if they are completely naked. (when no items equipped)

Yeah. I've tried everything I can think of to get it working. I have very, very limited experience with scripts, and used the pathetic amount of knowledge I do possess to try to look into it a bit. I didn't see a setting for it in the script anywhere, so perhaps it was removed or never fully implemented in the first place. It's also entirely possible I checked the wrong scripts and/or just didn't know what to actually look for.

Additionally, upon using the console and the creation kit to check quests, variables, globals, etc. for the mod, I never saw any related to the "Naked Armor for NPCs" option in the MCM. Perhaps the feature isn't working because it simply doesn't exist in the mod beyond the option toggle.

Would love to get some concrete answers from someone that actually knows how to check this kind of thing.

___

I went back to read through the mod description again, and something jumped out at me this time. (First page of this thread, second post.)

Added the FormList sla_NakedArmorList: This formlist is checked by the naked actor scanner and if any armor on the list is being worn by the actor, that actor is considered naked. However, currently, this formlist is empty. I was planning on putting all the armor the player identifies through the MCM menu options on it, but I want to think about that a while longer. My primary concern is that player must manually add to this list. I would prefer if the mod authors would use the EroticArmor keyword instead.

It sounds to me like it is a feature that has not been fully implemented yet. The base materials are in place, but the script to actually apply the feature has not been included.

Unless there is a later post where the mod author says something different. I don't currently have time to go through 117 pages.

It seems that a user could go into the Creation Kit and add the EroticArmor keyword to any armors they want considered as "Naked" for NPCs. One could also probably create a very simple mod, based on the SexLabAroused.esm master, in which the designated "Naked" armors are manually added to the sla_NakedArmorList formlist and saved as a standalone .esp.

I plan to test the second method sometime later tonight. I'll be sure to give an update on whether altering the formlist works.

It looks like adding the armors to the SLA_NakedArmorList formlist does work. Simply use SexLabAroused.esm as the master, add the armors you want, then save as an .esp. Any NPC wearing a piece of armor on that list will be considered "Naked" to the SexLab Aroused Redux mod, and people will get their arousal ratings changed accordingly. One caveat is that you still have to go into the MCM for SexLab Aroused Redux, to the "Current Armor" tab, and also manually check the armors in there as well. At least for the player to be considered "Naked" in those armors. I'm not sure if this is also required for the NPCs, but it makes sense to do it anyway, in case the PC ever equips one of those armors.

I will be trying the other method soon. It's a bit more involved, as you have to add the keyword to each of the armors individually, instead of simply selecting the ones you want and dragging them to the list. I imagine it would function much the same way, but the "EroticArmor" keyword is, presumably, the keyword that SLAR checks for to automatically consider certain armors as "Naked", thereby setting them as "Naked" in the MCM by default. (Similar to how SOS behaves with armors containing the "SOS_Revealing" keyword, in that the mod is hard coded to check for and apply to those armors specifically, removing the need for the user to go into the MCM and manually set each armor to be revealing.) In such a case, the caveat mentioned previously would probably not apply.

I blather... I hope this helps you, and anyone else who has been confused concerning this topic.

___

After using the formlist method in game for a while, it appears that NPCs still are unable to get aroused from seeing each other naked. The only thing it has fixed seems to be the PC's ability to get aroused while seeing an NPC with a "Naked" armor equipped. I'm not sure whether NPCs getting aroused from each other was ever in the scope of this mod. Judging from this portion of the original post, I assume not:

Naked
  • PC arousal increases if one sees naked NPC and visa versa
  • If NPC sees naked PC, and PC set as Exhibitionist in MCM menu, then PCs exposure is increased