Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

yay! Someone who can help me with the confusing variables of Arousal!

Thanks for the response.

2 hours ago, Airianna said:

First. don't have sex for 7 game days, and avoid Devious devices, your arousal will drop.

At first, after sex, your arousal will climb, slowly at first, but the more sex you have, the faster it will start to go up.

After not having sex while at 100 for a little while, it will start to drop and fade away. At these times, where I want it to happen in a shorter time period for myself, is to sleep or wait 24 hours repeatedly.

This is the first stumbling block. Whilst I can do this sort of thing when I'm messing around testing things, my game doesn't play that way.

I don't have direct control over most of the sex acts - most of them are triggered through DCL or Defeat rather than, say, prostitution. So 7 days (game time) of play without triggering something from DCL or losing a fight and hitting Defeat...isn't going to happen.

Equally, I have deliberately set my game up so that just waiting for a week has consequences as well. I want the 'hiding and recovering from horrible curses' to be something I occasionally have to do due to excessive wear and Tear or skooma whore levels...but not a matter of course.

naked armor for NPC *Not recommended for Script heavy or full papyrus engines*

I've got 'Aroused is disabled' marked. As said, I don't want arousal doing much other than a negative decay. Not sure if I even get that with this marked, but at least I don't get random increases.

None of the other options are enabled. (Enable Desire Spell, Enable Male Animations, Enable Female Animations, Require LOS for arousal, Require naked actors & Naked Armor.)

I always set Time Rate to 1, so it will only go up by 1 with each orgasm, however, that's a mute point in my game, as I use SLSO, where 1 sex act could bring about several dozen orgasms, from the multiple orgasm option...

Scan frequency set to 30 seconds, to accelerate how quickly arousal is checked *Not recommended for Script heavy or full papyrus engines*

So does this mean if I set Time Rate to 0 I don't get an increase in arousal gain when I orgasm?

6 hours ago, Ed86 said:

Function UpdateActorExposure(Actor akActor, Int value)
	slaFrameWorkScr sla = Quest.GetQuest("sla_Framework") as slaFrameWorkScr
	sla.UpdateActorExposure(akActor, value)
EndFunction

Thanks!!!

Also, I converted SLAR to Skyrim SE for personal use. Will this get an official port? Am I allowed to post mine? Iirc the only thing needing to be done was convert a couple of animations.

7 hours ago, Lostdreamer said:

yay! Someone who can help me with the confusing variables of Arousal!

Thanks for the response.

This is the first stumbling block. Whilst I can do this sort of thing when I'm messing around testing things, my game doesn't play that way.

I don't have direct control over most of the sex acts - most of them are triggered through DCL or Defeat rather than, say, prostitution. So 7 days (game time) of play without triggering something from DCL or losing a fight and hitting Defeat...isn't going to happen.

Equally, I have deliberately set my game up so that just waiting for a week has consequences as well. I want the 'hiding and recovering from horrible curses' to be something I occasionally have to do due to excessive wear and Tear or skooma whore levels...but not a matter of course.

I've got 'Aroused is disabled' marked. As said, I don't want arousal doing much other than a negative decay. Not sure if I even get that with this marked, but at least I don't get random increases.

None of the other options are enabled. (Enable Desire Spell, Enable Male Animations, Enable Female Animations, Require LOS for arousal, Require naked actors & Naked Armor.)

So does this mean if I set Time Rate to 0 I don't get an increase in arousal gain when I orgasm?

I use RND 2 myself, sleep for 24 hours, eat and drink on wake up. Sleep only in beds, the hey piles you find at bandit camps are a cause for Diseases, Also using Bathing in Skyrim, so I bathe as well to reduce chances of catching a disease, The funny thing is, on one of my runs, as a vampire, I hadn't bathed in a while, and caught a disease while sleeping in a bandit camp. Depending on mods, the 200% disease resistance, normally means totally immune, could be knocked down bellow 100%, and get unlucky... LOL

I use Defeat, what is DCL? I don't use prostitution mods, cause Defeat has it's own built in variant.

With Time Rate to 0, your Time Rate won't ever change when you orgasm. So the speed of gaining of arousal never changes. And will be a more predictable increase.

Arousal disabled = it doesn't do anything, doesn't go up, doesn't go down, it literally is disabled. A fall back to turn it off in case of company. Basically, it would disable some mods that require SLA's scan to effect what happens next. Examples would be, Aroused Creatures won't try to jump an NPC nor the player, due to SLA being disabled. Or, some brawling rape mod that requires high arousal won't trigger. Or, Eager NPCs won't ever accept your advance because their arousal is non existent. And Dripping when Wet, won't trigger.

Naked actor = Someone has to be naked for the arousal to show any changes. It still does it's background checks and scans, but won't see any changes unless someone in the area is naked. I find this setting to be a bit of a waist, and should be and remain disabled.

Clean Actors every 10 days. This is a must, as it removes arousal from dead actors, as it puts it on every actor, including bandits, and others that are meant to die... Even dead their arousal changes, sure you don't see them anymore, but SLA is still checking them, and if you stripped any of them of their tops, the body is laying naked with a bunch of others, and their arousal is still going up.

I use SLA Monitor Widget, more to keep track of my own character's arousal, even tho it does scan an area around the player that is adjustable, can be reduced to a small area so you have to be close to something to see what it's arousal would be on the next SLA scan. Keeps me from having to press the "Show me what my blasted arousal is" button... LOL

Skooma Whore, personally I believe by entering Red Water Den, and even Red Belly Mine (I think they are connected somehow), you should get a contact high if not a vampire, after being in the red mist for 30 game minutes.

8 minutes ago, Airianna said:

I use RND 2 myself, sleep for 24 hours, eat and drink on wake up. Sleep only in beds, the hey piles you find at bandit camps are a cause for Diseases,

I experimented with RND etc, but found them a bit too micromanagey. Lots of messing around with inventory and supplies for little reward.

The need to sleep plays into other mods that can trigger stuff when I sleep, so I have to choose where I sleep carefully. Preferred is taverns but I have quite a cash poor game so it isn't always sensible.

I use Defeat, what is DCL?

Deviously Cursed Loot. All kinds of (un)fun and games!

Arousal disabled = it doesn't do anything, doesn't go up, doesn't go down, it literally is disabled. A fall back to turn it off in case of company. Basically, it would disable some mods that require SLA's scan to effect what happens next. Examples would be, Aroused Creatures won't try to jump an NPC nor the player, due to SLA being disabled. Or, some brawling rape mod that requires high arousal won't trigger. Or, Eager NPCs won't ever accept your advance because their arousal is non existent. And Dripping when Wet, won't trigger.

Not quite what I am looking for, but I can make it work.

Other mods do seem to be able to manipulate arousal directly (Combat arousal still results in significant increases), and use that value (Rape function in DCL still triggers based off arousal). It would be nice if it naturally decayed but...at least this way it is doing predictable things.

17 hours ago, Ed86 said:

Function UpdateActorExposure(Actor akActor, Int value)
	sla.UpdateActorExposure(akActor, value)
EndFunction

How do you get the actor's arousal?

Also, what does that script need to compile, it doesn't work for me.

And is there a way to add or subtract an exact amount of arousal?

8 hours ago, Lostdreamer said:

I experimented with RND etc, but found them a bit too micromanagey. Lots of messing around with inventory and supplies for little reward.

The need to sleep plays into other mods that can trigger stuff when I sleep, so I have to choose where I sleep carefully. Preferred is taverns but I have quite a cash poor game so it isn't always sensible.

Deviously Cursed Loot. All kinds of (un)fun and games!

Not quite what I am looking for, but I can make it work.

Other mods do seem to be able to manipulate arousal directly (Combat arousal still results in significant increases), and use that value (Rape function in DCL still triggers based off arousal). It would be nice if it naturally decayed but...at least this way it is doing predictable things.

Being what it is, disabled, it won't decay... naturally... You would need another mod to force it to decay, since using a combat arousal mod, allowing it to climb, you need something that causes it to drop as well, just to balance it out. *I wouldn't mind having a mod to adjust arousal rates according to actions taken, adjustable via MCM for both + or -.*

Just to be fair, Brawling rape, would be in town, where combat is nonexistent normally, and with arousal requirements of 80+ on the targeted NPC, chances are 0 in town due to the lack of arousal scans to increase arousal.

Deviously Cursed Loot, never touched it, and not going to either. Went to use Devious devices on companions, but they don't (Didn't) do anything for the companions, only the player was effected by them, so I dropped it and never looked back.

I agree RND, I often run with it disabled, When I finally turn it on, it's more for the drunk effects than the rest of it. As it has the best visuals, and effects for that, even if passing out doesn't help with sleeping.

I am just waiting for Defeat to add Stalkers. By what I understand, It will have a soft requirement for arousal with it.

4 hours ago, Asrienda said:

int Function GetActorArousal(Actor akActor)
	return sla.GetActorArousal(akActor)
EndFunction

you obviously need sources: SLA, SL, SKSE, SkyUI, CK

there is no way to do that, you'll need to reverse engineer slaFrameworkScr GetActorArousal() function if you want exact values

you can probably directly change slaArousal faction rank but who knows what that might break

so you probably better stick with UpdateActorExposure()

9 hours ago, Airianna said:

Being what it is, disabled, it won't decay... naturally... You would need another mod to force it to decay, since using a combat arousal mod, allowing it to climb, you need something that causes it to drop as well, just to balance it out. *I wouldn't mind having a mod to adjust arousal rates according to actions taken, adjustable via MCM for both + or -.*

It's not a perfect setup, but it also means that Arousal levels ain't doing odd and confusing things - they react to the other mods, and that's it.

The reactions will mostly consist of increases (which seems to be a theme for sexlab in general, unsurprisingly :tongue: ), but if it triggers things like rapes then it will drop.

It's not ideal, but at least I understand what is happening.

That said, I also would love a 'patch' for arousal that simplifies it massively! For me, just a "+- X/day" slider would work alongside leaving the rest of the framework intact for other mods to reference & mess with.

Just to be fair, Brawling rape, would be in town, where combat is nonexistent normally, and with arousal requirements of 80+ on the targeted NPC, chances are 0 in town due to the lack of arousal scans to increase arousal.

Fortunately for me, I don't need to track NPCs. All of my encounters for such things are player driven, be that as a result of my arousal levels, wearing Devices, or whatever. NPC arousal is not, infact, relevant to if they trigger or not.

I guess potentially it could be relevant for PC solicitation, but I don't find I use that. It's a high risk source of money, and enough sexytimes happen for other reasons.

Deviously Cursed Loot, never touched it, and not going to either. Went to use Devious devices on companions, but they don't (Didn't) do anything for the companions, only the player was effected by them, so I dropped it and never looked back.

Fair enough. If you don't enjoy the female sub thing, it isn't going to interest you much.

I agree RND, I often run with it disabled, When I finally turn it on, it's more for the drunk effects than the rest of it. As it has the best visuals, and effects for that, even if passing out doesn't help with sleeping.

heh. Drunk effects are something else I would like to play with, but havn't quite got working yet. Partly because there is no reason in game to drink booze really... :classic_unsure:

1 hour ago, Lostdreamer said:

heh. Drunk effects are something else I would like to play with, but havn't quite got working yet. Partly because there is no reason in game to drink booze really... :classic_unsure:

Vinfamy threw together an SL Drunk mod. my own opinion is that it still needs a lot of work, primarily the levels of intoxication and effect cut offs. The current is set for ... drink drink drink drink drink drink... Ok, now you are drunk, can't move, able to see just fine, ok jump and slide or draw a weapon to move... Wait, I slept 2 game days, and I still can't move!... I can't even play around with it when it's effect finally kick in. Feels like just being overly encumbered. Get Drunk, from the Nexus, or RND's drunk section, would be a great starting point for what Vinfamy added with dialog drinking, and being approached for sexlab interaction requests. Get Drunk is missing the inebriation aspect of passing out for a few hours that RND has, in my opinion Defeat's "Knocked Out" status should kick in then as well... LOL Free for ALL, before my character wakes up!... LMAO

17 hours ago, Asrienda said:

13 hours ago, Ed86 said:

int Function GetActorArousal(Actor akActor)
	return sla.GetActorArousal(akActor)
EndFunction

you obviously need sources: SLA, SL, SKSE, SkyUI, CK

there is no way to do that, you'll need to reverse engineer slaFrameworkScr GetActorArousal() function if you want exact values

you can probably directly change slaArousal faction rank but who knows what that might break

so you probably better stick with UpdateActorExposure()

Directly changing the slaArousal faction does work, but only if you have "locked" that actor's arousal with the MCM menu. It won't break anything to do it on an unlocked actor, your change will just be overwritten very quickly. SLA periodically updates that faction based on exposure and time rate, but doesn't ever read from it. If you lock exposure, the faction will not be updated by SLA even if exposure changes.

I don't like the way arousal updates through SLA so I had a personal mod to edit the arousal faction directly, worked fine through maybe 20 hours of gameplay. Also I think maybe DocClox's QAYL mod used locked arousal and faction updates for the "curse" part, but not sure.

On 2/7/2018 at 5:00 PM, Asrienda said:

Thanks!!!

Also, I converted SLAR to Skyrim SE for personal use. Will this get an official port? Am I allowed to post mine? Iirc the only thing needing to be done was convert a couple of animations.

How did you manage that? Isn't it SKSE-dependent? I'd dearly love to clear a mod slot for that one.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:00 AM, Asrienda said:

Thanks!!!

I just attempted my own conversion.  GenFNIS4Users isn't detecting any animations for SLAR, nor does the version number show (just ?.?).  No errors, but no found animations.  I confirmed my conversion bat file output is finding and making changes by running from a CMD window so I didn't lose the output.  Converts 6 files to the new format.  Is your FNIS detecting any SLAR animations during generation?

Got it. The .hkx files are in the meshes folder, which doesn't have any nifs. So yes, there are animations, and I'm converting them now. Whether FNIS will detect them...we shall see.

Problem with the .esm file, though. The CK will only save as .esp. I'm leaving it untouched for the moment, and confidently expecting my game to break. If anyone has any advice, I'd welcome it.

Lethiel

13 hours ago, lethiellightfoot said:

Got it. The .hkx files are in the meshes folder, which doesn't have any nifs. So yes, there are animations, and I'm converting them now. Whether FNIS will detect them...we shall see.

Problem with the .esm file, though. The CK will only save as .esp. I'm leaving it untouched for the moment, and confidently expecting my game to break. If anyone has any advice, I'd welcome it.

Lethiel

Use WryeBash to "copy to esp".  Open, then save, the esp in the CK to convert.  Use "Copy to esm" in WryeBash after to go back to esm.

2 hours ago, lethiellightfoot said:

Ah. Thank you. I admit I'm not used to using Wrye Bash for anything other than making a bashed patch. So far this seems to be working, but I'll make a note of this in case anything untoward develops. Much appreciated!

Lethiel

You can also edit the HDR record using TES5EDIT to flag a mod as a MASTER.  You don't have to change it from ESP to ESM since it's that flag that is the true controller of how the mod is treated.

19 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

You can also edit the HDR record using TES5EDIT to flag a mod as a MASTER.  You don't have to change it from ESP to ESM since it's that flag that is the true controller of how the mod is treated.

Does this allow the CK to open and save the .ESM file without it trying to create an .ESP as a result?  I wasn't sure the CK made the distinction at save-time on only that criteria.  I was personally renaming the files at the via Explorer or CMD from ESM to ESP and just toggling the internal flag back and forth with WB.  If the file extension is irrelevant, that certainly simplifies things.

Regarding my own port attempt of SLAR, FNIS doesn't seem to be finding any animations that appear to be present.  Does that indicate I've done something incorrectly?  At least it appears I'm successful in conversion of the HKX files using my convert bat file...subsequent runs show the files are now in the converted format. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2014 at 2:57 AM, fishburger67 said:

Naked

• PC arousal increases if one sees naked NPC and visa versa

Does the gender preference interfere in that ?

I tried with a straight female NPC in my game, her arousal increases everytime in front of naked females (no naked male there), is it normal ?

I tried to select "Male preference" and "Sexlab preference" (Straight) for her in "Puppet Master", it does the same thing

41 minutes ago, boubini said:

Does the gender preference interfere in that ?

I tried with a straight female NPC in my game, her arousal increases everytime in front of naked females (no naked male there), is it normal ?

I tried to select "Male preference" and "Sexlab preference" (Straight) for her in "Puppet Master", it does the same thing

A naked actor will always increase arousal. However, if the naked actor's gender matches the preferred gender, the effect is twice as strong.