Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

It all works fine.  Leave the cell scans set for 2 minutes (120 seconds).  Arousal is reduced at the conclusion of the sex act.  This reduction is not dependent on the cell scan frequency.  The amount of reduction is based on the length of the sex act.  If you space bar through it, you can get zero reduction.  Also, the sex act has to be consentual and gender appropriate.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking to get the arousal level to increase during consensual sex without having to intervene with the MCM. The arousal level has to reach a certain number to get the heart beat and visual effects from the mod Dripping When Aroused. Was the arousal level intended to increase during sex with Sexlab Aroused Redux?

sex scene triggered by Armorous Adventures wont reduce my arousal level. Am I doing something wrong?

If the scenes are Lesbian ones with no vaginal penetration that's normal, if that's the case you could try installing this patch for SLAR which allows arousal reduction from non penetration sex.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2454-animation-appropriate-arousal-adjustments/

The main problem is more likely to be with Amorous Adventures using custom scripting for the sex scenes.

Ok, I had the old version 27a installed, and decided to upgrade it to 28 since my character's arousal for some reason was not increasing. I uninstalled and then installed v28, but now the menus show every option as "$SLA_(option name0", and there are no descriptions for any of the options. Something got borked. Going back to 27a didn't fix it, and it happens even if creating a new game. :/

post-469593-0-73498800-1501992124_thumb.jpg

Ok, I had the old version 27a installed, and decided to upgrade it to 28 since my character's arousal for some reason was not increasing. I uninstalled and then installed v28, but now the menus show every option as "$SLA_(option name0", and there are no descriptions for any of the options. Something got borked. Going back to 27a didn't fix it, and it happens even if creating a new game. :/

Sounds like v27a wasn't uninstalled fully, then when you removed v28 and went back to v27a some v28 files probably weren't uninstalled fully either.

You could try using a save game cleaner, but first check the scripts folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts (or wherever you installed Skyrim to).

Once in the scripts folder, scroll down the list of .pex files till you reach the SLAR files, they all start with sla and delete all of them, making sure not to delete any that aren't SLAR files, I mention this as the alphabetical order they're stored in puts Aroused Creatures files amongst the SLAR ones so if you have that mod installed don't delete any that start with slac_ there are 10 of them underneath the sla_ConfigHelper.pex file and are followed by all the rest of the SLAR files (they don't have the _ after the sla).

Once you've deleted all the SLAR .pex files, scroll back up to the top, open the Source folder and delete all the SLAR .psc files too.

Now try re-installing either v27a or v28, whichever you prefer.

Sounds like v27a wasn't uninstalled fully, then when you removed v28 and went back to v27a some v28 files probably weren't uninstalled fully either.

You could try using a save game cleaner, but first check the scripts folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts (or wherever you installed Skyrim to).

Once in the scripts folder, scroll down the list of .pex files till you reach the SLAR files, they all start with sla and delete all of them, making sure not to delete any that aren't SLAR files, I mention this as the alphabetical order they're stored in puts Aroused Creatures files amongst the SLAR ones so if you have that mod installed don't delete any that start with slac_ there are 10 of them underneath the sla_ConfigHelper.pex file and are followed by all the rest of the SLAR files (they don't have the _ after the sla).

Once you've deleted all the SLAR .pex files, scroll back up to the top, open the Source folder and delete all the SLAR .psc files too.

Now try re-installing either v27a or v28, whichever you prefer.

I uninstalled it again through NMM to see if there were any leftover files. There are no files beginning with SLAR to be found in the mentioned folders. Reinstalling 27a or 28 doesn't put any such files in there, either. And yes, I am running FNIS.

I don't think a save cleaner will help, as the problem also happens if I start a completely new game.

I just remembered that I made a backup of my entire Steam folder recently, so I'm restoring from it and hopefully get my install the way it was, even if lacking player arousal. I hate to think I would have to go nuclear with the Skyrim folder and reinstall everything to see if it may get fixed. But only as last resort.

Edit: I looked in the backup, and it also did not have any SLAR files, either.

Edited by Carnotaurus

I uninstalled it again through NMM to see if there were any leftover files. There are no files beginning with SLAR to be found in the mentioned folders. Reinstalling 27a or 28 doesn't put any such files in there, either. And yes, I am running FNIS.

I don't think a save cleaner will help, as the problem also happens if I start a completely new game.

I just remembered that I made a backup of my entire Steam folder recently, so I'm restoring from it and hopefully get my install the way it was, even if lacking player arousal. I hate to think I would have to go nuclear with the Skyrim folder and reinstall everything to see if it may get fixed. But only as last resort.

Edit: I looked in the backup, and it also did not have any SLAR files, either.

If you're looking for files beginning with SLAR in the scripts folder you'll not find any, it's ones that start with sla that belong to Sexlab Aroused Redux, if there aren't any after installing there's something seriously funky going wrong with the install.

EDIT

Just wondered if you're installing a BSA version or a loose files version as that might explain the lack of entries in the Scripts folder.

EDIT

Just wondered if you're installing a BSA version or a loose files version as that might explain the lack of entries in the Scripts folder.

I don't know what the difference is between BSA or Loose, or even what the terms mean. But the archive of v27a that I downloaded did not have any .pex files in it; I just downloaded the "loose" version of 28 for comparison and I see them there. So I guess I had a BSA version. Dunno.

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I am having a similar problem to the one skynexus88 had in the past. Until recently, the mod has worked perfectly. Now, though, it seems that sex scenes between two NPCs doesn’t generate any exposure to the PC or to any other NPCs, and neither does staring at a naked corpse. The mod works fine in every other aspect. When there’s a scene with the PC and another NPC or when there is a naked actor, exposures increase as they normally should.

I’ve tried uninstalling all other mods besides SexLab and SLAR, reinstalling SLAR and SLAM Widget, and I’ve played with all of the configurations of any involved mods, and I keep coming up short in what’s causing this. I have made papyrus logs for both events (with LOS disabled) and the only real difference that I can see is that a NPC/NPC event causes:

Found 3 arousedActors

[slainternalscr <sla_Internal (07083137)>]: Njada Stonearm got 2 exposure for  watching sex of Prisoner

[slamainscr <sla_Main (07042D62)>]:Aroused scan skipped because sexlab is animating or disabled = False.

with each scan of SLAR, while a PC/NPC event just have:

Found 3 arousedActors

[slamainscr <sla_Main (07042D62)>]:Aroused scan skipped because sexlab is animating or disabled = False.

I know fishburger told the other person that exposure in SLAR works fine and the problem could lie in an outside mod, but if someone could help, I would really appreciate it.

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I am having a similar problem to the one skynexus88 had in the past. Until recently, the mod has worked perfectly. Now, though, it seems that sex scenes between two NPCs doesn’t generate any exposure to the PC or to any other NPCs, and neither does staring at a naked corpse. The mod works fine in every other aspect. When there’s a scene with the PC and another NPC or when there is a naked actor, exposures increase as they normally should.

I’ve tried uninstalling all other mods besides SexLab and SLAR, reinstalling SLAR and SLAM Widget, and I’ve played with all of the configurations of any involved mods, and I keep coming up short in what’s causing this. I have made papyrus logs for both events (with LOS disabled) and the only real difference that I can see is that a NPC/NPC event causes:

Found 3 arousedActors

[slainternalscr <sla_Internal (07083137)>]: Njada Stonearm got 2 exposure for  watching sex of Prisoner

with each scan of SLAR, while a PC/NPC event just have:

Found 3 arousedActors

I know fishburger told the other person that exposure in SLAR works fine and the problem could lie in an outside mod, but if someone could help, I would really appreciate it.

I can offer one note on this, dead actors are intentionally ignored.

Thanks for the clarification. I must have misremembered the naked dead actors giving exposure, but am I right in saying that sex scenes that don't involve the PC are supposed to give exposure to the PC and surrounding NPCs? And if so, would you have any suggestions to go about either diagnosing or fixing the problem? Like I said, I’ve tried reinstalling everything and disabling all but the mods required for SexLab to work and rebuilding/cleaning SL and still the problem persists. I use Mod Organizer and it isn’t reporting any conflicts in the SLA scripts with any other mods, both before and after everything is disabled.

Thanks for the clarification. I must have misremembered the naked dead actors giving exposure, but am I right in saying that sex scenes that don't involve the PC are supposed to give exposure to the PC and surrounding NPCs? And if so, would you have any suggestions to go about either diagnosing or fixing the problem? Like I said, I’ve tried reinstalling everything and disabling all but the mods required for SexLab to work and rebuilding/cleaning SL and still the problem persists. I use Mod Organizer and it isn’t reporting any conflicts in the SLA scripts with any other mods, both before and after everything is disabled.

Yes, each actor that is in a radius from both the player and main actor in the sex scene get there exposure updated for each stage in the sex scene.  The actors cannot be dead, children, or disabled.  They must be within 1024 clicks of the player. They must be actor type NPC or Creature, but can't be a chicken or a manikin.

Currently, the player's arousal is not changed.  That bit of code was commented out around line 766 of slamainscr.psc.  Don't remember why that was commented out.  You can uncomment it and rebuild to add it back in.

One thing to note, each NPC is tested for LOS to the main sex actor, and that function is a bit flakey.  The NPC has to be looking at the sex act and be able to see it at the start of the animation stage.

I upgraded from the "old" Aroused to Aroused Redux. Followed the upgrade instruction on the first page. Mod registered fine. Arousal values are changing and I think that even my old Lover's Victim (we really need a proper replacement for that  lean but effective mod) might work for my PC at least.

Issue is SoS erections won't follow the arousal value, all are flacid,. but can be managed manuall without issues. I believe that there was even a setting formerly, telling something about Aroused integration in SoS, but now I can't find it. SoS is the full latest version.  

In the Aroused Redux MCM menu are options for "Arousal Animations", but I thought they would not effect erections, but are simple poses or idles.

Any idea?

EDIT: Issue is solved. After a SoS restart I found the option setting in the Aroused MCM. Either the SoS restart solved it or I was too dumb to find it in the first place (because its at the end of a menu tab in the MCM and you won't see it if you do not scroll down once). 

Hey guys, I've just come from an 80+ level playthough with over 400 mods, some sexlab included. It went smoothly enough but script lag was a problem. I don't want you to think I'm pinning all the blame on sexlab and LL mods in general as some people do, but I do want to exploit every possibility of keeping my active script count as low as possible. What can I do to achive this with SAR? Reduce detection distance? Increase the scan interval?

Now let me dare suggest a more dubious approach: is there a way to hack the mod and replace all the beautiful dynamics by a static script that generates an slaArousal value for all actors that will let mods that depend on arousal work, even with the "cheat" of arousal always being, like, 50 or some other value? I imagine a script that: 1) sets the value to 50 (or whichever value you choose) and 2) checks for changes to this value and resets it to the chosen static value (to account for other mods making changes to arousal).

Hey guys, I've just come from an 80+ level playthough with over 400 mods, some sexlab included. It went smoothly enough but script lag was a problem. I don't want you to think I'm pinning all the blame on sexlab and LL mods in general as some people do, but I do want to exploit every possibility of keeping my active script count as low as possible. What can I do to achive this with SAR? Reduce detection distance? Increase the scan interval?

Now let me dare suggest a more dubious approach: is there a way to hack the mod and replace all the beautiful dynamics by a static script that generates an slaArousal value for all actors that will let mods that depend on arousal work, even with the "cheat" of arousal always being, like, 50 or some other value? I imagine a script that: 1) sets the value to 50 (or whichever value you choose) and 2) checks for changes to this value and resets it to the chosen static value (to account for other mods making changes to arousal).

This mod already has a pretty low impact.  A modest amount every scan time which defaults to 2 minutes or during sex.  You can reduce load by using sexlab 1.59, but the reduction is modest.  Better to look at higher impact mods like Wet and  Cold, etc.  Make a papyrus log and look at what mods are running and research it. 

If you want to screw with it, start with UpdateActorExposure() in slaFrameworkSCR.psc

This mod already has a pretty low impact.  A modest amount every scan time which defaults to 2 minutes or during sex.  You can reduce load by using sexlab 1.59, but the reduction is modest.  Better to look at higher impact mods like Wet and  Cold, etc.  Make a papyrus log and look at what mods are running and research it. 

If you want to screw with it, start with UpdateActorExposure() in slaFrameworkSCR.psc

I have already got rid of most other scripted mods in my mod list. Maybe my problem was with the sheer number of sexlab mods I was running ;) Maybe some specific mod, I could post my list in a more general forum to see if anyone can advise me there as to which are the heaviest mods. But I'll have a look at the script! :D I had had a look at it but not to any particular function, and I'm by no means a papyrus expert. Thanks!

I have already got rid of most other scripted mods in my mod list. Maybe my problem was with the sheer number of sexlab mods I was running ;) Maybe some specific mod, I could post my list in a more general forum to see if anyone can advise me there as to which are the heaviest mods. But I'll have a look at the script! :D I had had a look at it but not to any particular function, and I'm by no means a papyrus expert. Thanks!

Sadly, I don't have much experience with most of the Sexlab mods.  There is a pretty extensive list of heavy mods here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36882-sexlab-sex-slaves-62-december-06-2016/

about 1/3 of the way down the page beginning with "Concerning Bathing Beauties Luxury Suite"

Also, check with Sacremas here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43043-skyrim-modding-guide/

His knowledge of modding and various Sexlab mods is very extensive.