Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Just a note for those who are unaware and having issues, check the size of your save game. My save is 400 hours old and never bigger than 14MB ie. bloat free.

When ever changing, updating, or removing a scripted mod please always run PDTWrapper.exe (its on Nexus) to clear out unwanted references. Result is no lag or stutter and (almost) no CTD's. Hope this post is a help to some.

This installation is only for those who used old Aroused version?

1. Start up a save and turn off the cloak spell in MCM, wait a full minute, then save your game.
2. Exit Skyrim and uninstall the old Aroused.
3. Install the new Aroused and run LOOT or similar
4. Reload your save and wait a few minutes for the "Aroused is ready to use" message and off you go.

If I want to start new game I don't need do this?

1. Start up a save and turn off the cloak spell in MCM, wait a full minute, then save your game.

4. Reload your save and wait a few minutes for the "Aroused is ready to use" message and off you go.

No, but you will have the message "Sexlab Aroused us ready to use" every time you load a game. Doesn't do any harm but some people find it slightly annoying

Just a note for those who are unaware and having issues, check the size of your save game. My save is 400 hours old and never bigger than 14MB ie. bloat free.

When ever changing, updating, or removing a scripted mod please always run PDTWrapper.exe (its on Nexus) to clear out unwanted references. Result is no lag or stutter and (almost) no CTD's. Hope this post is a help to some.

Thanks for this hint.

Correct, you can replace an existing old Aroused or use this on a new game.  I have done both.

I am pretty sure I started a new game with SLA redux and I am still get the "is ready to use" message everytime I load a game.

Also, I am not sure the old SLA aroused critters:

[10/31/2014 - 09:12:46AM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (1304290F)>]: chicken got 2 exposure for

It's pretty hilarious finding lines like this in the log, though. *giggles*

I am pretty sure I started a new game with SLA redux and I am still get the "is ready to use" message everytime I load a game.

Seems it only occurs with a new game, with SLA already installed. If you were to install the old one, then reinstall SAR again it should disappear. Or something.

Seems it only occurs with a new game, with SLA already installed. If you were to install the old one, then reinstall SAR again it should disappear. Or something.

Yes it does already tested.

To stop the message on a new game strat with SA first save game remove SA and replace with SAR. You only get the message once then

I'm still getting no luck with this mod. For reasons I don't understand it doesn't seem to want to increase the exposure of people who're standing right by you. I swapped back to the original version and everybody responds as expected if I strip nekkid

Redux uses a very long polling interval: 2 minutes. Thus, the exposure of those around you will only increase every 2 minutes (And only if you're naked at the time of that 'proc').

I'm still getting no luck with this mod. For reasons I don't understand it doesn't seem to want to increase the exposure of people who're standing right by you. I swapped back to the original version and everybody responds as expected if I strip nekkid

Redux uses a very long polling interval: 2 minutes. Thus, the exposure of those around you will only increase every 2 minutes (And only if you're naked at the time of that 'proc').

I don't think the polling interval is the problem. I have looked at the papyrus logs and some people in the room get aroused when I'm nakie and some don't. And it seems that people who don't get aroused never do, and people who do get aroused always do

I would think that all of the human races and all of the elven races could be lumped together.  Imperials and Bretons hardly seem to be-- literally-- discrete "races;" I posit that the game designers quite reasonably anticipated that players would like a variety of choices in character design, and they labeled all of the options "races."  It's rather like considering Norwegians, Britons, Italians and Spaniards as different "races."  There's also a commonality between Dark Elves, High Elves and Wood Elves that, if it were not obvious enough from their appearance, beats you over the head by their common denotation as "elves."  Meanwhile, only the Khajit have fur and feline features, and only the Argonians have scales, reptilian characteristics, and an amphibious lifestyle.

I suppose one could debate the meaning of "race."  In a fantasy game like this, there can be participants in society who are members of other species.  I was using "race" to mean "species."  Among the human "races," the only really distinctive one I note is the Redguard.  They possess unique clothing, weapons and darker skin.  All of the others appear to have so completely blended into Skyrim society that I usually can't tell what someone's "race" is without resort to the console.  If no difference can be perceived, I can't imagine how any difference could come into play. 

No, that still doesen't solve the problem for anything but Humans.

Go boot up Skyrim and visit a few towns and cities, and have a look at what's on offer as you travel around in the world of Skyrim. Plenty of Humans around anywhere you look (save maybe an Orc Stronghold), but even if we lump all the Mer races togeather, how many towns have zero Mer population? How many cities have only one or two to pick from whilst there's no shortage of Humans to pick amongst? How many of those do we have to discount if they are already married or courting? And how many of them are old and ugly and not very attractive offerings to most players?

And again, then you have the issue with Argonians and Khajiit..

Mer are a minority in Skyrim, even if we lump them all togeather, Orismer included, it's going to be slim pickings for a Mer char most places you can go in the game.

And then of course, you get the opposite problem the moment you travel to Solstheim.

EDIT: And lets not forget inns, mills and farmsteads. Again, as a sex-starved Human you really woulden't have any problems finding someone to boink even outside the city and town walls. But what's on offer for a Mer? Or worse, an Argonian or Khajiit?

Give this a good hard think, and the next time you play Skyrim, keep it in mind, ask yourself "if i was a Mer char in desperate need of a boink, and i could only do it with another Mer, how many Humans would i have to pass up on, and what would my options be?", and then see how quickly you will start to feel badly disadvantaged and limited.

Don't be so quick to assume that I didn't already think about this.  Lumping all human types together and all elf types together wouldn't have to mean that an human had zero attraction to elves and vice-versa; they might only have a preference for their own race, resulting in a penalty applied to the arousal state.  I have no idea from where you derived the assumption that every 'toon in the game had to be as strictly racist as the Nords in Windhelm. 

And, when I'm playing, my 'toons are never attracted Khajit or Argonians-- I play either one of the Elven or one of the Human races.  I can see how elves and humans might not find each other as attractive as one of their own species-- and, when I'm playing, I play my 'toon that way, whatever the game mechanics might say about it.  Moreover, I figure any human or elf who would engage in intercourse with a Khajit or Argonian to get their jollies would be equally willing to screw a wolf or troll when they got horny enough.  I don't play Khajit or Argonian characters, because I don't want to watch non-stop beastiality.  If I did, I would play with the expectation that-- apart from the rare fetishist-- my only willing partners would be few and far-between.  If the bodies were more accurately modeled, Argonian females would have no breasts; Khajit females would have rows of them.  There's no logical reason for any Human or Elf/Orc ever to be sexually attracted to an Argonian or Khajit unless they're horny enough to screw the family dog.  And, with penalties set high enough, perhaps even that might be possible.

There's no logical reason for any Human or Elf/Orc ever to be sexually attracted to an Argonian or Khajit unless they're horny enough to screw the family dog.  And, with penalties set high enough, perhaps even that might be possible.

I'm going to quote you, 

Don't be so quick to assume

Anthromorphic does not equal bestiality. And it gets even further apart if you add in the preferences for Ohms Rhat race (I know I borked the spelling but damnit) I get so irritated when people get freaked out about something getting pushed on them that they didn't say and then they go and say something like what you just said.

It's a game for one, It's fantasy for another, and the beast-type races in the game are intelligent, speaking the same language walking upright, in no way shape or form are they 'the family dog'. Modders create the mods they want to play, and share with others. There's a modder out there that refuses to make his mod have male companions because of the implication that someone out there would use his mod for gay interactions. No one barks (pun intended) at him for it. Everyone said 'okay cool' even though we all know there aren't enough interesting male companion mods so us women can have some eye candy to go along with our decked out female player characters. 

Dragging myself back on topic, There's no reason for any of the fantasy races to not have individuals within their numbers to NOT be attracted to the occasional fuzzy or scaly counterparts and vice versa. RL society has shown many, many times that you can't keep things racially seperate.

There's no logical reason for any Human or Elf/Orc ever to be sexually attracted to an Argonian or Khajit unless they're horny enough to screw the family dog.  And, with penalties set high enough, perhaps even that might be possible.

I'm going to quote you, 

Don't be so quick to assume

Anthromorphic does not equal bestiality. And it gets even further apart if you add in the preferences for Ohms Rhat race (I know I borked the spelling but damnit) I get so irritated when people get freaked out about something getting pushed on them that they didn't say and then they go and say something like what you just said.

It's a game for one, It's fantasy for another, and the beast-type races in the game are intelligent, speaking the same language walking upright, in no way shape or form are they 'the family dog'. Modders create the mods they want to play, and share with others. There's a modder out there that refuses to make his mod have male companions because of the implication that someone out there would use his mod for gay interactions. No one barks (pun intended) at him for it. Everyone said 'okay cool' even though we all know there aren't enough interesting male companion mods so us women can have some eye candy to go along with our decked out female player characters. 

Dragging myself back on topic, There's no reason for any of the fantasy races to not have individuals within their numbers to NOT be attracted to the occasional fuzzy or scaly counterparts and vice versa. RL society has shown many, many times that you can't keep things racially seperate.

Considering the popularity of the Lusty Argonian Maid in-world and the events of The Real Berenziah, I'd say that your viewpoint is supported by Bethesda Softworks themselves.

Guest Long John

Does anyone please have a copy of "Sexlab Aroused Redux 10" (or Sexlab Aroused Redux 11)? If you have one can you please PM it as an attachment to me.

Though it would be nice if you could send me both. I would like to re-install the version 10 one though I have lost it and can only download the version 12 one.

Is there any way for me to see the Papyrus source for this mod?  I'd like to make some small changes for personal use, but I see that the source files aren't included in the download.

You obviously downloaded the BSA version, the source files are there packed into the BSA so you need to use a ultilty to unpack the BSA.

Or you can download the "Loose Files" version where the source files are already accessible.

I have a problem. For some reason my game seems to crash immediatly, when I enter to main screen, soon - not directly, as in usual case of missing master file - after Bethesda logo.

I am quite aware for reasons this usually happens, but now I do not seem to be able to find out why.

After testing several times, by first disabling all my mods and then starting new games, the problem seems to appear when SexLab and this mod are installed.

The papyrus log is quite short and simple:

[11/06/2014 - 11:37:08PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[11/06/2014 - 11:37:08PM] error: Native function GetUseSound in empty state does not match existing signature on linked type Potion. Function will not be bound.
[11/06/2014 - 11:37:08PM] Update budget: 20.000000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 20.000000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[11/06/2014 - 11:37:08PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[11/06/2014 - 11:37:22PM] Cannot open store for class "slaResetScr", missing file?

There is nothing more there. Both mods are up to date, as is my SKSE. I reinstalled them to be sure that they should not be corrupted, or otherwise broken.

Could you conform that I am not overlooking something and this problem points to here?

- If so, what should I do to fix it?

- If not, then why might it only appear with this mod active in my load order?

I do not see anything overwriting this in MO. My load order is and priority lists are well managed and neither seems to contribute to this -> meaning that I have indeed stated a new game from each new attempt.

EDIT:

I am sorry that I bothered you. I did several attempts over an hour and for some reason problem only appeared with SLA Redux. Now it is doing it is suddendly doing it without this mod. Obviously SLAR is not the culprit here, if game is now crashing without it.

It does not make any sense. My game has been very stable for many months and this problem came out of nowhere.

Righ. Back to testing, it seems.

Bear with me a bit, my question is not as stupid as it appears.  How does Skyrim define "naked"?  Given how important arousal computation has become and many mods are triggered by nudity, what is the default nude identification (original Aroused mod can set any armor as nude but that's not what I am referring here)?  Does topless count (or bottomless for that matter), underwear, bikini?   

I am curious if any cloth/armor mod can alter arousal calculation by default without using MCM to set it every time.  As in real life the right kind of outfit should beat full nudity every time when it comes to arousal.  This could be useful for people making sexy outfits or for players still want to play with Aroused but feel stupid/unrealistic running around without anything on.

You're naked whenever you're not wearing something on your body slot (32 I think). If panties or pants or whatever also take up that slot and you're wearing them, you won't be considered naked.

So by Skyrim code of ethics topless is naked but bottomless is OK?  (I think pants is slot 52) 

Running around bottomless has no effect on Aroused, hmmm.... Wait, does this apply to male too?

You're naked whenever you're not wearing something on your body slot (32 I think). If panties or pants or whatever also take up that slot and you're wearing them, you won't be considered naked.

So by Skyrim code of ethics topless is naked but bottomless is OK?  (I think pants is slot 52) 

Running around bottomless has no effect on Aroused, hmmm.... Wait, does this apply to male too?

There is no official pants slot in Skyrim. Bethesta's philosophy always was that slot 32 is full body armour. It was some community modders that started to release individual torso and pants armour parts.

Greetings,

I thought I would mention something. I noticed whilst using this mod that it does not seem to raise arousal over time. What I mean is, is that the original mod that the more you had sex, the more your arousal would raise and faster, but that does not seem to happen with this one. My followers honestly barely ever raise their arousal. I thought it was worth mentioning, as I would like that added back. Thank you for the mod :) 

-C