Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Ok I am getting Sexlab aroused is ready for use every time I load a save. Is there a way to disable this? As it is really annoying.

I'll check this, but I think this notification was only when I updated your script from an older version and if that is the case, it will stay.

Ok I am getting Sexlab aroused is ready for use every time I load a save. Is there a way to disable this? As it is really annoying.

I'll check this, but I think this notification was only when I updated your script from an older version and if that is the case, it will stay.

I get the same thing. Every time I load a save, whether I've updated SAR during that playthrough or not, I get that same message show after a few seconds. It doesn't bother me too much, but I admit I'd rather not see it every time and if it's not supposed to be happening I thought it worth a mention.

I've had absolutely no other problems using this so far apart from some oddly-worded messages that others have already reported (I desires are gone, and that sort of thing.) Great job!

On the NPC arousal state question what mods actually use it and are actively supported? SL Aroused Creatures is for creatures but arousal can be set for the pc in any case, DCL uses pc arousal not NPC, Dangerously Nude and Lovers Victim are pretty much dead.

I've been using SAR for around a week now and have not noticed any differences from the old SA in terms of effect, so I'm wondering what the point of NPC arousal state is. Is it used by followers to do something (I don't use followers so have a gap in my knowledge here)?

Lovers Victim was patched recently by this nice person in Post 353 (so much good stuff in LL are lost in support thread because OP is MIA):

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23465-wip-lovers-victim-2014-01-06/page-18

On the NPC arousal state question what mods actually use it and are actively supported? SL Aroused Creatures is for creatures but arousal can be set for the pc in any case, DCL uses pc arousal not NPC, Dangerously Nude and Lovers Victim are pretty much dead.

I've been using SAR for around a week now and have not noticed any differences from the old SA in terms of effect, so I'm wondering what the point of NPC arousal state is. Is it used by followers to do something (I don't use followers so have a gap in my knowledge here)?

Lovers Victim was patched recently by this nice person in Post 353 (so much good stuff in LL are lost in support thread because OP is MIA):

Tell me about it! I had a very nice HDT xml file I downloaded from a message from one of the message thread board thingies. Worked perfectly with my fiddled CBBE bodyslide type, (not too bouncy, but moved nicely during 'scenes'). Then I did a total reinstall of Skyrim when switching over to MO and did the whole go find stuff again thing. Could I find that bloody post again? (Nope is the answer). Anyway cheers for the link, (although not related to that problem).

That's not the case for me. I started this new game yesterday with your latest version installed. I have never had the old version of Aroused installed on this save.

I'm gonna give this mod some love in a week or two, will explore these ideas then.

Poll every 10 sec imo!   :P   If ur runnin throug h a town, all lovers victim or dangerously nude type stuff d/n work if ur not polling all teh time.

an MCM toggle with the ability to set it would be good.

The problem with setting it to low will be for people with other mods running that are script heavy or less powerful PC's

Tell me about it! I had a very nice HDT xml file I downloaded from a message from one of the message thread board thingies. Worked perfectly with my fiddled CBBE bodyslide type, (not too bouncy, but moved nicely during 'scenes'). Then I did a total reinstall of Skyrim when switching over to MO and did the whole go find stuff again thing. Could I find that bloody post again? (Nope is the answer). Anyway cheers for the link, (although not related to that problem).

My Sex Slaves mod uses Aroused to determine lots of thing and in particular whether they are so horney that they demand sex now.

There's a bug with Aroused where skill trainers train the skill by the wrong amount. It even happens when you are at an arousal level that gives +|- 0% to skill advancement. What's really weird is it seems inconsistent. I'm a lvl 10 character with an enchanting of 32 and a bunch of gold and a level up waiting for me so I went to train my enchanting to find that the first 5 trainings only advanced the skill by 3. After l leveled up the next 5 trainings however advanced it by 8 levels, then 12, and then 18! Advancing the skill from 32 to 72 with 20 trainings. The exact amount of wrongness seems to be different when training different skills but it's always wrong.

It took me ages to figure out which mod caused this since Aroused was not a mod I suspected. But I was able eventually to confirm that it is Aroused Redux, and it also happens in the pre-Redux Aroused.

I looked through the pre-redux thread and people reported the error there as well but no one mentioned a fix. Does anyone know of a fix?

I don't know anything about modding but would it be possible/easy to mod all enchanters to call the console command IncPCS [skillname] instead of whatever it is they're doing now? That command correctly increases the skill by one and only one point.

I did not change any of the logic involved with the training stuff.  However, I too have seen this with the original and as soon as I have time, I'll have a look and see what is going on,

I've noticed this though I never associated it with SA. The odd thing is that is varies with different playthroughs. In this game I've never had a problem, the last one I did particularly with smithing and conjuration. It just seems to happen then stop happening

I believe (although I'm not 100% certain) that this also affects skill books. It seems that if you are aroused enough that your skills level up slower, then a skill book will not fully increase your level in a skill. Instead, it will almost increase your skill level and leave a small amount of experience remaining until it actually levels up. I assume this means skill books function by calculating how much experience you need to level up the corresponding skill and then adding it in, and the aroused penalties are cutting into that.

I'm not a modder though, so I have no idea how any of this stuff really works. Just an observation.

I believe (although I'm not 100% certain) that this also affects skill books. It seems that if you are aroused enough that your skills level up slower, then a skill book will not fully increase your level in a skill. Instead, it will almost increase your skill level and leave a small amount of experience remaining until it actually levels up. I assume this means skill books function by calculating how much experience you need to level up the corresponding skill and then adding it in, and the aroused penalties are cutting into that.

I'm not a modder though, so I have no idea how any of this stuff really works. Just an observation.

Lesarrono - the same thing was/is with "original" arousal mod. The high arousal means slower skill progress. Maybe fishburger decided to keep it that way. I don't know. I don' like that arousal behaving too.

I made absolutely no changes to the core code.  However this spell worked before, it still works that way now.   As mentioned previously, when I get Sex Slaves 2.0 out, I'll give this mod some additional time.

In the Aroused MCM, both this version and the other one, there is an entry for the "Desire Spell." (I think that's what it's called. It's right there next to the cloak effect anyway.) That's the thing that alters experience gained relative to arousal. I always switch it off, so even if i have maximum arousal I still get the normal skill gain from reading a skill book.

Lesarrono - the same thing was/is with "original" arousal mod. The high arousal means slower skill progress. Maybe fishburger decided to keep it that way. I don't know. I don' like that arousal behaving too.

I made absolutely no changes to the core code.  However this spell worked before, it still works that way now.   As mentioned previously, when I get Sex Slaves 2.0 out, I'll give this mod some additional time.

Although I don't like slow skill progress (right now he has 40% slower progress)when PC have high arousal, I keep it locked at 100 since I want my PC have sex all the time. :)

Just thought I'd drop some feedback for you.

I gave this mod a try, on the theory that one less cloak spell would be a good thing.

For the most part, it worked remarkably well.

Later as mods were updated, I developed a post-animation CTD, which took forever to go through all logs and dump files to figure out.

The one mod that figures most prominently in the crash is the latest version of Apropos, with the Wear and Tear textures.

The solution was to go back to the original Arousal mod. I like this mod, but other than the original mods usage of a cloak, had no issues with it. When the next version of Redux comes out I will definitely try it out, and provide more feedback.

I'm not looking for troubleshooting here, just pointing out an issue for you.

The problem is that after the animation ends, a lot of things are getting done in a short span of time:

1- re-equipping armor, jewelry, weapons

2- applying textures from mods like Slavetats, Dibellan Defender, Apropos etc

3- scans from mods like Spectator Crowds, Lovers Victim, Aroused Creatures, Deviously Helpless and the like

4- adjustments to various stats like arousal, Wear & Tear, etc

5- checking for quest updates, force-greets, etc

6- updates to plugins like HDT etc

Why the original Arousal doesn't cause a CTD there while your rework does is unknown to me.

This is by no means a criticism of your efforts, please don't take this in a negative way.

I appreciate the effort you have put into this and will test your next version(s) when it/they become available.

Just my $0.02

:shy:

Personally I like the aroused effect as its immersive and a pc levels yup too fast as it is IMV.

I think the problem with trainers is that sometimes the training doesn't increase at all unless you then pay for a second session and in my last game (not happened in this one) it took 2 sessions before it increased on the third but increased normally after that for the other two sessions, so it looks to be a bit buggy.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you broke the code or anything like that. I've known about the issue for quite some time, but aroused was not updated for nearly a year until you picked it up, so it's not like anything could have been done about it anyway. I just figured that since the subject of skill trainers behaving strangely came up, I would also mention how skill books are affected by arousal too, in case you weren't already aware of it.

In the Aroused MCM, both this version and the other one, there is an entry for the "Desire Spell." (I think that's what it's called. It's right there next to the cloak effect anyway.) That's the thing that alters experience gained relative to arousal. I always switch it off, so even if i have maximum arousal I still get the normal skill gain from reading a skill book.

Thank you for pointing this out! I never looked too closely at the settings for Aroused, so I completely missed this option. This will come in very handy for all the times my character ends up stuck in those pesky chastity belts with 100 arousal.  :D

This seems to happen on new games where SA hasn't been present, every time you load a game you get the Sexlab Aroused is ready for use.

I haven't tried it but I guess starting a new game with SA saving, remove SA and replace with SAR will fix it so the notice only appears once

EDIT: That's confirmed it stops the message appearing every game load.

This seems to happen on new games where SA hasn't been present, every time you load a game you get the Sexlab Aroused is ready for use.

I haven't tried it but I guess starting a new game with SA saving, remove SA and replace with SAR will fix it so the notice only appears once

EDIT: That's confirmed it stops the message appearing every game load.

Thanks you guys, I'll fix this pretty soon

Your problem seems like you're overloading the system, not SAR. Maybe you weren't aware of it before because of latency caused by old Arousal.

System has same workload with either mod, Original has an added cloak, but doesn't CTD.

No troubleshooting required as stated in my first post, just reporting to mod author, thanks.

Just thought I'd drop some feedback for you.

I gave this mod a try, on the theory that one less cloak spell would be a good thing.

For the most part, it worked remarkably well.

Later as mods were updated, I developed a post-animation CTD, which took forever to go through all logs and dump files to figure out.

The one mod that figures most prominently in the crash is the latest version of Apropos, with the Wear and Tear textures.

The solution was to go back to the original Arousal mod. I like this mod, but other than the original mods usage of a cloak, had no issues with it. When the next version of Redux comes out I will definitely try it out, and provide more feedback.

I'm not looking for troubleshooting here, just pointing out an issue for you.

The problem is that after the animation ends, a lot of things are getting done in a short span of time:

1- re-equipping armor, jewelry, weapons

2- applying textures from mods like Slavetats, Dibellan Defender, Apropos etc

3- scans from mods like Spectator Crowds, Lovers Victim, Aroused Creatures, Deviously Helpless and the like

4- adjustments to various stats like arousal, Wear & Tear, etc

5- checking for quest updates, force-greets, etc

6- updates to plugins like HDT etc

Why the original Arousal doesn't cause a CTD there while your rework does is unknown to me.

This is by no means a criticism of your efforts, please don't take this in a negative way.

I appreciate the effort you have put into this and will test your next version(s) when it/they become available.

Just my $0.02

:shy:

The original mod should have caused the same issue because after sex, it updated everyone in the area, same as this one, except this one is WAY more efficient.  With this mod, there is an additional possibility that a scan will happen the same time as the sex finishes or during sex.  In my next update, I am going to prohibit the scan if a sex act is in progress or just finished. 

The above would be the only possible additional impact of Redux over the old Aroused.

And BTW, thanks for the thoughtful and complete critique.

I'm not sure if this is me or not but the arousal doesn't appear to affect all NPCs in the area and I can't really see any reason. I can walk round stark nakie and the papyrus logs will only show 2 or maybe three NPCS in the area responding. This is a little annoying if my Companion(s) of the moment are the ones who don't respond. And for some reason it seems that once someone doesn't respond, they just won't respond, although having sex in front of them can get a reaction. But being naked. Nothing.