It is becoming increasingly obvious that people are in too much of a hurry to get these mods installed that they fail to read and follow the instructions which is why we have a never ending litany of people asking why the devices are invisible.

I would like to suggest that the next release comes with "prebuilt" objects so that when they are equipped it will be plainly obvious that they didn't follow the instructions and run bodyslide.

To whit, these "prebuilt objects" should NOT be the items to be equipped but instead be a very plain piece of clothing or armor that has in it's texture the plain text: "You haven't run Bodyslide yet, please save your game and run Bodyslide".

It is becoming increasingly obvious that people are in too much of a hurry to get these mods installed that they fail to read and follow the instructions which is why we have a never ending litany of people asking why the devices are invisible.

I would like to suggest that the next release comes with "prebuilt" objects so that when they are equipped it will be plainly obvious that they didn't follow the instructions and run bodyslide.

To whit, these "prebuilt objects" should NOT be the items to be equipped but instead be a very plain piece of clothing or armor that has in it's texture the plain text: "You haven't run Bodyslide yet, please save your game and run Bodyslide".

Which post are you referring to ?  I asked for help earlier but it had nothing to do with this mod's instructions (nor being in a hurry).

Anyway, a FOMOD with clear instructions telling to use Bodyslide could do the same.  In the worst case, you'll have a few people asking for help, which isn't necessary a bad thing when it comes to Loverslabs activity.

I'm usually the first to agree that people who don't read the instructions only have themselves to blame when the mod doesn't work properly. In this case, however, the usage instructions for Devious Devices Assets - the core of the devious family of mods when it comes to getting the meshes properly installed - are out of date. Anyone who actually does read and follow the instructions it gives will get it wrong.

I'm usually the first to agree that people who don't read the instructions only have themselves to blame when the mod doesn't work properly. In this case, however, the usage instructions for Devious Devices Assets - the core of the devious family of mods when it comes to getting the meshes properly installed - are out of date. Anyone who actually does read and follow the instructions it gives will get it wrong.

The problem there, I think, is that the person with access to that page isn't really active anymore from what I understand. However both DDx and cursed loot has "run bodyslide" in the install instructions.

The problem there, I think, is that the person with access to that page isn't really active anymore from what I understand. However both DDx and cursed loot has "run bodyslide" in the install instructions.

Then it's time to ask the moderators to change the ownership of the original post or lock this thread, start a new one and add a link to the OP here pointing people to the new thread.

Which post are you referring to ?  I asked for help earlier but it had nothing to do with this mod's instructions (nor being in a hurry).

Anyway, a FOMOD with clear instructions telling to use Bodyslide could do the same.  In the worst case, you'll have a few people asking for help, which isn't necessary a bad thing when it comes to Loverslabs activity.

To ALL the posts under this mod and several others where people are saying they had something equipped by the mod but it doesn't show up. I'm not referring to any single person's post but a repeating theme in a lot of posts, my suggestion is to find a way to make it obvious what needs to be done so the people don't have to post asking why and wait for the usual reply but will see the answer they need as soon as the problem appears.

i have a issue where equiping a corset and hobble skirt (tested with both normal and extreme) everyting is fine right away but as soon as devious devices finish loading (got a mod that force mods to load every time i start game) the corset isnt visible anymore i also tried a new save and just used console to spawn items and again the corset is invisible when the mod loads but it works as long as that mod isnt loaded SO it must be a setting of sorts so i am wondering if anyone know a fix

after reading around a little more i figued i shoud add 2 tings

1. i have used bodyslide and tested this ingame with racemenu THIS WORKS FINE

2. i have do a fresh install with only the required mods (and their reqs) and the issue is still there

i have a issue where equiping a corset and hobble skirt (tested with both normal and extreme) everyting is fine right away but as soon as devious devices finish loading (got a mod that force mods to load every time i start game) the corset isnt visible anymore i also tried a new save and just used console to spawn items and again the corset is invisible when the mod loads but it works as long as that mod isnt loaded SO it must be a setting of sorts so i am wondering if anyone know a fix

2. i have do a fresh install with only the required mods (and their reqs) and the issue is still there

Have you checked the device hider options in the Devious Device's MCM? This has happened to me countless times.

Have you checked the device hider options in the Devious Device's MCM? This has happened to me countless times.

wanna note that the bug only happens after a quickload if i reload my old save (pre mod install) and add items with console and equip everyting is fine untill i quick load (save first obviously) at that point skse tell me devious devices are done loading (i see mcm menu befor i load) and corset become invisible so there is clearly a setting being applyed when devious devices is loaded

anyway yes i just found that option in menu but got no clue how it works (its just say none on all slots i havent changed anyting)

wanna note that the bug only happens after a quickload if i reload my old save (pre mod install) and add items with console and equip everyting is fine untill i quick load (save first obviously) at that point skse tell me devious devices are done loading (i see mcm menu befor i load) and corset become invisible so there is clearly a setting being applyed when devious devices is loaded

anyway yes i just found that option in menu but got no clue how it works (its just say none on all slots i havent changed anyting)

If it says none on all slots then it is not the reason.

my game is basicaly a fresh install no settings changed

i run cbbe with all items built in bodyslide for cbbe + hdt and i got hdt + hdt high heels installed

i ran FNIS in the folder with all mods befor packing it and adding through MO (this is how i have done it for 7+ years) i find this too be easyer since it make less listings in MO but i have done it for ages and it have NEVER been a issue (this is true also for my old DD/Sexlab install)

so as far as i know unless its a mod conflict of sorts (as far as i know i only run the min req for DD expansion) i got no clue but since i now see it only happens on reloads (so devious devices reloading) i am 100% sure its a setting of sorts since if i never reload game and as such never reload/refresh devious device settings it works fine and both is visible

i run cbbe with all items built in bodyslide for cbbe + hdt and i got hdt + hdt high heels installed

i ran FNIS in the folder with all mods befor packing it and adding through MO (this is how i have done it for 7+ years) i find this too be easyer since it make less listings in MO but i have done it for ages and it have NEVER been a issue (this is true also for my old DD/Sexlab install)

so as far as i know unless its a mod conflict of sorts (as far as i know i only run the min req for DD expansion) i got no clue but since i now see it only happens on reloads (so devious devices reloading) i am 100% sure its a setting of sorts since if i never reload game and as such never reload/refresh devious device settings it works fine and both is visible

I have once encountered one somewhat similar bug. It happened with RaceMenu when using a body scale other than 0 or 1. Anything else between those values caused invisible clothes/armor after loading a save. That can be fixed by removing and redressing the items, which in this case isn't that easy with devious devices unless you have the keys.

And just out of curiosity. What is the mod that force loads mods every time you start the game?

I have once encountered one somewhat similar bug. It happened with RaceMenu when using a body scale other than 0 or 1. Anything else between those values caused invisible clothes/armor after loading a save. That can be fixed by removing and redressing the items, which in this case isn't that easy with devious devices unless you have the keys.

And just out of curiosity. What is the mod that force loads mods every time you start the game?

less like a mod more like a custom script that basicaly unload all esp files when saving so every time you reload they must be loaded again (its nice if you swap mods on same save file a lot) anyway the bug happens even if i dont use this mod and i am using a fresh save file

anyway i dont use racemenu on this install and my weight slider is set to 1 so that isnt my issue (but i know what you talk about)

also wanna add i can now comfirm reloading due to death also make it invisible (so the issue is not related to quick load)

That sounds like a recipe for disaster, likely breaking most scripted mods and breaking or bloating of the save game.  Especial with the mods here that require 2 loads to complete their initialization operations, means they would never complete.

That sounds like a recipe for disaster, likely breaking most scripted mods and breaking or bloating of the save game.  Especial with the mods here that require 2 loads to complete their initialization operations, means they would never complete.

well you are very wrong since the script only works on loading a save but simply going thround a door (load save + door loading) would fully load any mods and as such my scripts dont break anyting + i have used them for 7 years and NO mod (including old devious devices) have ever had issues with it but since you say it you clearly dident read everyting since i tested a fresh install without script and same ting happens

Just to pick up on the above part. By default the device hider will hide corsets whenever you have anything equipped in slot 32 (main armour pieces which - I think - the hobble dresses are) so if you haven't changed any settings this is likely what is happening. It might be worth just checking again in the first devices underneath tab of the devious MCM. In the section for slot 32 you should by default have four lines which will be filled with slots 49, 51, 56 and 58. This would mean that all those slots would be rendered invisible when anything is worn in slot 32. To prevent this from happening to corsets you would need to set the slot 58 line to "None."

I haven't heard of this mod that forces others to load, but is it possible it's resetting devious devices to default each time? DD doesn't fully initialise on a new game until you've made a save and loaded it, so it perhaps doesn't play well with this other mod. Don't know if that helps. Just a thought.

2. i have do a fresh install with only the required mods (and only their reqs) and the issue is still there

well you are very wrong since the script only works on loading a save but simply going thround a door (load save + door loading) would fully load any mods and as such my scripts dont break anyting + i have used them for 7 years and NO mod (including old devious devices) have ever had issues with it but since you say it you clearly dident read everyting since i tested a fresh install without script and same ting happens

Actually I did read the mass quote block but spelling and grammar issues prevented me from comprehending the meaning.  Since you clearly know more then me about scripts, I'll let handle it from here and save myself of reading your posts in the future.

Just to pick up on the above part. By default the device hider will hide corsets whenever you have anything equipped in slot 32 (main armour pieces which - I think - the hobble dresses are) so if you haven't changed any settings this is likely what is happening. It might be worth just checking again in the first devices underneath tab of the devious MCM. In the section for slot 32 you should by default have four lines which will be filled with slots 49, 51, 56 and 58. This would mean that all those slots would be rendered invisible when anything is worn in slot 32. To prevent this from happening to corsets you would need to set the slot 58 line to "None."

I haven't heard of this mod that forces others to load, but is it possible it's resetting devious devices to default each time? DD doesn't fully initialise on a new game until you've made a save and loaded it, so it perhaps doesn't play well with this other mod. Don't know if that helps. Just a thought.

well first off i am describing the script in a basic way since i expect most ppl here dont got remotly as much knowledge able it as me i do some modding my self mostly scripting but to try and make it more simple when you load a save the game loads LOTS of info including stuff like inv, equiped gear, spells, tallents, world location, world space, items around you, mods, mcm, mcm menu listings, and lots of other stuff what my script does is ADD too this a special script that ALSO force load all mods like its first time they are installed IF they are marked on save so if i quick save (or manualy save with mods installed) any mods installed will next time be reloaded as new but its not a worry for stuff like DD since i also got a script that does a semi-hard load on any load screen this means the first door load screen i enter would count as a second load agenst stuff like DD in short this system make sure ANY script a mod adds is cleaned every time i save and then reloaded when loading that save and as such keep my save files far more clean also.... sry for text wall

anyway TNX A LOT this is exactly the kind of tip i wanted it was indeed my issue i just had to remove the 58 listing ^^

well first off i am describing the script in a basic way since i expect most ppl here dont got remotly as much knowledge able it as me i do some modding my self mostly scripting but to try and make it more simple when you load a save the game loads LOTS of info including stuff like inv, equiped gear, spells, tallents, world location, world space, items around you, mods, mcm, mcm menu listings, and lots of other stuff what my script does is ADD too this a special script that ALSO force load all mods like its first time they are installed IF they are marked on save so if i quick save (or manualy save with mods installed) any mods installed will next time be reloaded as new but its not a worry for stuff like DD since i also got a script that does a semi-hard load on any load screen this means the first door load screen i enter would count as a second load agenst stuff like DD in short this system make sure ANY script a mod adds is cleaned every time i save and then reloaded when loading that save and as such keep my save files far more clean also.... sry for text wall

anyway TNX A LOT this is exactly the kind of tip i wanted it was indeed my issue i just had to remove the 58 listing ^^

Ma da ce mare te dai. 

I have a bug where some devices become invisible and for devices as the hobble dress and the pony boots this means that parts of my body become invisible.

here is my load order: 

0  0 Skyrim.esm
 1  1 Update.esm
 2  2 Dawnguard.esm
 3  3 HearthFires.esm
 4  4 Dragonborn.esm
 5  5 SexLab.esm
 6  6 Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 7  7 SexLabAroused.esm
 8  8 ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 9  9 Devious Devices - Integration.esm
10  a daymoyl.esm