Hi Kimy. I have a question. I have a pair of platform heels for my character and I wonder how I can turn them into a Devious Device. Any how to links or other help would be appreciated and ty for all the work you've done. :)

(0. You'll want to setup your CK to be able to load DDx at least, like setting or adding bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 under [General] in your "SkyrimEditor.ini", possibly something else, don't remember.)

1. Open CK, go "File" - "Data", select "Devious Devices - Expansion.esm".

2. In Object Editor, go Items - Armor/ArmorAddon and find and make duplicates of "zadx_SlaveHighHeelsAA", "zadx_SlaveHighHeelsInventory", "zadx_SlaveHighHeelsRendered". Rename the duplicates to whatever you like, say "test_HeelsAA", "test_HeelsInventory", "test_HeelsRendered".

• Double click test_HeelsAA to enter edit mode, edit female biped model to point at your heels' .nif file, e.g. "\mymod\newheels.nif".
  • Edit your test_HeelsRendered, deleting it's old ArmorAddon in "Models" table and adding your new test_HeelsAA model.
  • Edit your test_HeelsInventory item, right-click on it's attached Papyrus script, select "Edit Properties", change property deviceRendered to point at test_HeelsRendered.

4. Save everything to a new esp plugin, load it up in Skyrim, add your item via console and test.

5. Continue tweaking, like adding a World model, changing name, creating a custom key item, etc. If you want to create your own scripts, don't forget to create your own scripts extending DD scripts, instead of editing DD scripts, otherwise your mod will possibly be incompatible with other DD mods, or break the DD itself.

Been having this problem for a while.

When I open the pony boots texture files in paint.net, what shows is only the laces.

I've been wanting to retexture them for my own private use, but unfortunately the pony boots texture files won't let me do so.

But the weirdest thing is that in the CK, the texture shows up like it's supposed to.

I've attached a screenshot of both to show you what I mean.

post-167058-0-41279400-1501900520_thumb.png

post-167058-0-53385000-1501900527_thumb.png

When I open the pony boots texture files in paint.net, what shows is only the laces.

I've been wanting to retexture them for my own private use, but unfortunately the pony boots texture files won't let me do so.

But the weirdest thing is that in the CK, the texture shows up like it's supposed to.

Set "Has Vertex Colors" to "no" in their .nif.

attachicon.gifUntitled.png attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Doesn't do anything at all.

Beats me. Some 3dsmax magic involved.

Beats me. Some 3dsmax magic involved.

I did say it was a TEXTURE file problem, not a mesh problem.

(snip)

Hiya, I edited the textures successfully in the past, the cause for the seemingly invisible texture in the paint tool is most likely the way the alpha channel has been used in this.

The laces on this boot have been modeled as a flat pane overlaying the boot mesh, using alpha transparency to cut out the laces from the rest of the texture. A very effective and performance friendly way to put a decent amount of detail onto the model. The alpha channel then is all black except for where the laces are, which will cause the texture to appear blank in editors that display the texture in a "WYSIWYG" fashion. Look for a way to display and edit the texture's main channel and the alpha channel seperately, or use a different editor that can do that. A lightweight and simple im-/export viewer that displays the channels seperately is a tool called DXTBmp, found that while lurking in a farm sim forum. :blush:

(snip)

Hiya, I edited the textures successfully in the past, the cause for the seemingly invisible texture in the paint tool is most likely the way the alpha channel has been used in this.

The laces on this boot have been modeled as a flat pane overlaying the boot mesh, using alpha transparency to cut out the laces from the rest of the texture. A very effective and performance friendly way to put a decent amount of detail onto the model. The alpha channel then is all black except for where the laces are, which will cause the texture to appear blank in editors that display the texture in a "WYSIWYG" fashion. Look for a way to display and edit the texture's main channel and the alpha channel seperately, or use a different editor that can do that. A lightweight and simple im-/export viewer that displays the channels seperately is a tool called DXTBmp, found that while lurking in a farm sim forum. :blush:

Unfortunately, all that explanation did was make my head hurt.

Anyway, I tried to use the program you suggested, and while it did open the file properly, I was unable to edit it properly (or at all), making the whole thing a complete waste of time.

hey there

thx for the awesome mod ^^

I got a little question though.

I got the following shown in cursed loot:

ScreenShot116.jpg

aradia devious expansion not found, even though I have it and it requirements and their requirements (lol) perfectly fine installed.
I made a little test run and got tied up in all kinds of devices right away everything seemed to be running fine, but it kinda bugs me that it says this.

maybe you got an idea what could cause this? :o

hey there

ScreenShot116.jpg

aradia devious expansion not found, even though I have it and it requirements and their requirements (lol) perfectly fine installed.

I made a little test run and got tied up in all kinds of devices right away everything seemed to be running fine, but it kinda bugs me that it says this.

maybe you got an idea what could cause this? ohmy.png

I think you would be better off asking in the thread for aradia devious expansion, or possibly the cursed loot thread.

hey there

ScreenShot116.jpg

I think you would be better off asking in the thread for aradia devious expansion, or possibly the cursed loot thread.

ok I might embarass myself now but ... isn't this the devious expansion thread? ^^'

hey there

ScreenShot116.jpg

ok I might embarass myself now but ... isn't this the devious expansion thread? ^^'

It is, but the Devious Expansion mod, the Cursed Loot mod and the Aradia devious expansion mods all have seperate threads.

This is the official Expansion thread, not the Aradia Devious thread.

Besides, this is more of a Cursed Loot problem. I suggest inquiring there.

hey there

ScreenShot116.jpg

It is, but the Devious Expansion mod, the Cursed Loot mod and the Aradia devious expansion mods all have seperate threads.

This is the official Expansion thread, not the Aradia Devious thread.

Besides, this is more of a Cursed Loot problem. I suggest inquiring there.

alright thx for the clarification!

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiousity, have you considered adding the hobble effect to some of the leg cuffs?

That has been done as a proof-of-concept already and it works really well (looks good, too). I don't know if this will find its way into the DD libraries at some point, but modders can make use of this already. For example to create a story where the player's/NPC's leg cuffs are being linked as a punishment or whatever.

Creating the "hobble cuffs" in the CK or Tes5Edit is quite simple. Just create a duplicate of the hobble dress's two ARMO items (_inventory and _scriptInstance) and rename them to your liking, edit the deviceRendered and deviceInventory properties to pick up the newly created items, and then change the assigned slots and Armor Addon entries to match the ones from the leg cuffs.

Just out of curiousity, have you considered adding the hobble effect to some of the leg cuffs?

That has been done as a proof-of-concept already and it works really well (looks good, too). I don't know if this will find its way into the DD libraries at some point, but modders can make use of this already. For example to create a story where the player's/NPC's leg cuffs are being linked as a punishment or whatever.

Creating the "hobble cuffs" in the CK or Tes5Edit is quite simple. Just create a duplicate of the hobble dress's two ARMO items (_inventory and _scriptInstance) and rename them to your liking, edit the deviceRendered and deviceInventory properties to pick up the newly created items, and then change the assigned slots and Armor Addon entries to match the ones from the leg cuffs.

Exactly! Very very simple.

It does sound harder when it's written, of course! XD!

I don't know why the hobble dress doesn'y always have effect.It seems that my chracter moves in low speed about 10 seconds and in normal speed about 5 seconds as a period.

By the way,the restrictive boots work well,as it always have effect that makes my chracter moves slowly.

Oh I hope this is gibberish to me because I have no experience making mods, if not I might need a career change, lol.

Gosh, its cool to see that active development is still ongoing.  I remember messing around with Zadil's initial releases, before scripting even got involved.  The progress since then is extraordinary, and I just want to thank every modder past and present who've contributed to this work.  Its honestly amazing how much has been accomplished.

I've been out of contact for several months now, but it looks to me like there is another big update in the works, a 4.0 version of this mod/assets/integration?  That sounds amazing.

Gosh, its cool to see that active development is still ongoing.  I remember messing around with Zadil's initial releases, before scripting even got involved.  The progress since then is extraordinary, and I just want to thank every modder past and present who've contributed to this work.  Its honestly amazing how much has been accomplished.

I've been out of contact for several months now, but it looks to me like there is another big update in the works, a 4.0 version of this mod/assets/integration?  That sounds amazing.

Let's just say it's a doozy!

I've been using the beta for a while now, and it is SO much different then the norm.

That's all I'm gonna say!

I've seen mention of bundled sounds for heels/masks-- is that included in the current release build, or a feature of the development beta?

Dunno much about the sounds, tbh.

The only thing closest to the masks sounds you're thinking of is in the latest version of the Grab Bag mod by duderino.