10 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Helgen, one of the cells after the tortue chamber. You stumble across her in the tutorial dungeon, which I found quite annoying. The note on the corpse is step two.

Darn, was hoping to avoid doing the tutorial, why I skipped it in the first place, shame she's tied (I guess literally too) to the tutorial, if she'd been in a cage in the same place as the note, that would have made more sense or maybe farther into the cave so as to not require the tutorial to start?  I just like the dragonless playthrough, because it can just bring interruptions at times you don't want them.

GuruSR.

31 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

Darn, was hoping to avoid doing the tutorial, why I skipped it in the first place, shame she's tied (I guess literally too) to the tutorial, if she'd been in a cage in the same place as the note, that would have made more sense or maybe farther into the cave so as to not require the tutorial to start?  I just like the dragonless playthrough, because it can just bring interruptions at times you don't want them.

GuruSR.

She isn't tied to the tutorial at all, neither literally nor figuratively. While Chloe will absolutely NOT break the vanilla tutorial, the quest is rather geared towards having played the LAL plugin first. Really does anyone still start a new Skyrim playthrough on the prisoner cart anyway?

Some of this recent talk about CL and LAL reminded me of something, you can use Skyrim Unbound Reborn as an alternative and still trigger the Captured Princess start. Once you've selected your starting options in the Unbound MCM and created your character you'll be teleported to your selected destination. Once you've teleported just open up the console and type in, setstage dcur_hq_quest 0 and hit Enter. You'll be ported to the Captured Princess start dungeon and begin "Delivery Refused".

No gear will be taken away so it'd be best to have selected no gear in Unbound's MCM and perhaps start in a wilderness location. Not very immersive but at least you can use Unbound instead of LAL if you want and still use the Captured Princess scenario.

And yes the Chloe quest works just fine as well. Only one very minor issue is found at the cave-in after rescuing Chloe where you need to click on a dirt pile to squeeze through it. With Unbound the cave-in isn't there and you can just walk on through the corridor. I still click on the dirt pile in case of any scripts or stages being triggered but you can still find the note you need among the dead soldiers.

5 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Umm Chloe isn't tied to the Dragonstone. So how is Helgen any trigger for dragons? You don't want dragons? Don't turn in the stone. 

Actually, to get where she is, there were locked draw gates in my way going from the cave.  If I get near Helgen, the quest finishes for the default LAL, telling you to go to the cave and help out or go to Riften to warn of dragons, the dragons start spawning at that point around the game (at least have since the the first version of the game).  These aren't named dragons, but regular "Dragon" dragons you find on perches around Skyrim and sometimes flying around bored, looking for a snack.

4 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Optimal DEC LAL start is to use the DCL LAL addon and at the end of that quest you get dropped near Helgen and you have the choice how to proceed from there.

I did note that I'm not using the LAL with the addon support because of past savegames I want to revisit without having conflicts, it is the last version pre-addon and pre-reuqirements of all DLCs, because some of the mods I worked on in the past, were for no DLCs and I have to be able to track the problems with them off.

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

She isn't tied to the tutorial at all, neither literally nor figuratively. While Chloe will absolutely NOT break the vanilla tutorial, the quest is rather geared towards having played the LAL plugin first. Really does anyone still start a new Skyrim playthrough on the prisoner cart anyway?

She isn't tied in, but a regular playthrough without LAL requires that cart ride, which is the tutorial.  The LAL I have only offers a few places to start, but getting near the entrances of Helgen fire off the dragon leaving the tower and the quest continues from that point, meaning tell Riften a dragon is overhead or visit the cave to help out, so I avoided getting near the trigger zones.

I did complete Chloe (coc had to be used to get into Helgen without triggering the dragon stage of LAL, going to any of the entrances causes it to start), though I had to tell her to follow as a follower or she just sat there doing next to nothing.  ENB and an immersive lighting setting made it impossible to find anything in dark corners down hallways (which is realistic, but makes hunt for ... next to impossible when people aren't using ENBs).

I'll have to look to see if I did the Delivery Refused, doesn't ring a bell, but I don't have time to look right now.  Skyrim Unbound sounds interesting, though moving to it from LAL would probably break all the savegames I have.

GuruSR.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:55 AM, GuruSR said:

@Kimy Follow the Guard (Solitude), fails, always.  Not entirely sure where the guard is leading you, but he always goes out the west exit (main entrance), west along the road until the northbound T intersection appears, one of a few things have happened.

1. At night, vampires attacked me, he ran off northwest like a crybaby to be mauled by a bear.

2. During the day, we got close to the same T intersection, he ran and stabbed a prisoner from the opposing faction being lead away, then "noticed" the camp full of them to the south, ran there and got murdered.

3.  During a morning, a group of the opposing faction was coming south to the T just as we were approaching it, he died horribly.  Two hit him with war hammers and someone else took his spine out.

Where is he going?  He never makes it!  The quest usually times out and fails, any chance to check his death status and fail it when he dies?

GuruSR.

Did the guard ask you to fallow them after you asked them for help with restraints?  That's a feature of devious lore

When I get sent to Dagonar Prison, after the guard talks about doing the inspection, no sex scenes trigger. If I try and offer sex to the warden, the same thing happens (or doesn't happen). What might be causing this?

Load Order

Spoiler

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp=1
FunctionalHomes.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
bagoftrash_tw.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
AOS.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo.esp=1
SMIM-Merged-All.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp=1
AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp=1
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp=1
FunctionalHomes.esp=1
Remove Interior Fog V2 - Full Version.esp=1
FunctionalHomes - Dawnguard.esp=1
FunctionalHomes - Dragonborn.esp=1
AMatterOfTime.esp=1
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp=1
DSHg - Circlets.esp=1
DSHg - DragonPriest Masks.esp=1
DSHg - Hats.esp=1
DSHg - Helmets.esp=1
DSHg - Hoods.esp=1
DSHg - UpdateDB.esp=1
DSHg - UpdateDG.esp=1
LFox Pickpocketing Chance Caps at 100.esp=1
Infinite Gold For Merchants.esp=1
Fast Respawn 72 Hours 1.2.esp=1
InstantMining.esp=1
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp=1
SoulGemMerging.esp=1
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
XPMSE.esp=1
SOSRaceMenu.esp=1
FNIS.esp=1
KS Hairdo's.esp=1
LindsHumanEyes.esp=1
VOBS.esp=1
Bijin Warmaidens.esp=1
Bijin Wives.esp=1
Bijin NPCs.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp=1
SlaveTats.esp=1
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp=1
Laura's Bondage Shop.esp=1
S_L_U_T_S.esp=1
SimpleSlavery.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp=1
TimingIsEverything.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp=1
Item Recycling.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1

4 hours ago, tookachinchilla said:

When I get sent to Dagonar Prison, after the guard talks about doing the inspection, no sex scenes trigger. If I try and offer sex to the warden, the same thing happens (or doesn't happen). What might be causing this?

This happened to me when I had equipped devices not from the warden nor the other guards.

I was using the "add restraints after aggressive" feature from Deviously Helpless, so it may be something similar.

Hi all

I am returning to this mod after a long while. I installed the latest versions of Devious Devices Assets, Integrations and Expansions and DCL 8.5

Whenever I try to enable Rape option from the MCM or try to open the Debug tab in MCM, the DCL menus become unresponsive. If I exit MCM and open it again, I get a blank menu for DCL. The MCM continues to work as expected for other mods.

Has anyone encountered this issue? 

I have tried reinstalling the above mods but this issue keeps coming up. Can any of you suggest a possible fix for this?

On 9/13/2020 at 11:14 PM, Kimy said:

Really does anyone still start a new Skyrim playthrough on the prisoner cart anyway?

That part of the game is buggy as hell. I used to spend 10 hours to fix many problem occur with that part like the cart stuck,

Now i just skip it completely because i don't want to spend 3 minute or so 'Hey you finally awake' :))

2 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

That part of the game is buggy as hell. I used to spend 10 hours to fix many problem occur with that part like the cart stuck,

Now i just skip it completely because i don't want to spend 3 minute or so 'Hey you finally awake' :))

you are lucky, every time I install 200+ mod in the TESV and begin the game, the cart will fly in no reason. = =

1 hour ago, yzh19960216 said:

you are lucky, every time I install 200+ mod in the TESV and begin the game, the cart will fly in no reason. = =

I mean, we don't suggest the cart ride because you can't config mods well during that time, and because it takes so long and you don't have choices on how to start the game. It's not that i would be buggy, at least i never saw any bugs. How do you expect scripts from mods like DCL to work if your game can't even handle vanilla?

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

(cart ride) It's not that it would be buggy, at least i never saw any bugs. How do you expect scripts from mods like DCL to work if your game can't even handle vanilla?

Installing new animations and not running FNIS afterwards successfully crashes the cart ride. BTDT ?

12 hours ago, Anonymoustaco said:

Is there a specific way to marry the dollmakers daughter? I want her to hang around my house. I tried using the amulet of mara

did you talk to Maramal in Riften about marriage? if not..then even with wearing the amulet the marriage dialogue option will not pop up. 

Ok, some questions for me to understand, sorry:

1. When a Quest is running, there are no more Trap Events?

2. When running a Quest (say Cursed Collar) the Dagonar Prison quest is prevented from starting? (I was sent to SS+ while the Cursed Collar was running and Dagonar was Selected but did not start)

3. In Dagonar Prison only DD animations play, even when there are no or no suitable DDs equiped? (I have DD and Zap Filters all off...) 

27 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Ok, some questions for me to understand, sorry:

1. When a Quest is running, there are no more Trap Events?

SOME (but not all) quests prevent traps. Mostly these which would be unable to progress with restraints other than the quest ones being equipped.

2. When running a Quest (say Cursed Collar) the Dagonar Prison quest is prevented from starting? (I was sent to SS+ while the Cursed Collar was running and Dagonar was Selected but did not start)

That's correct. Dagonar needs the DD slots being available, so it won't start if there are devices equipped that cannot be safely removed (e.g. quest devices). DCL makes sure that the prison can be safely started BEFORE triggering it, but if 3rd party mods trigger it from their end and don't perform the check first, it indeed can happen that...well...nothing happens.

3. In Dagonar Prison only DD animations play, even when there are no or no suitable DDs equiped? (I have DD and Zap Filters all off...)

DCL -always- uses a DD API function that will pick valid animations regardless of an actor's bound state. The filter should actually never trigger when DCL is picking animations. When there are no devices worn, DCL should pick normal animations from the SexLab registry. Turning the filter off does however NOT keep DCL from picking bound animations for bound characters.

13 minutes ago, Kimy said:

SOME (but not all) quests prevent traps. Mostly these which would be unable to progress with restraints other than the quest ones being equipped.

That's correct. Dagonar needs the DD slots being available, so it won't start if there are devices equipped that cannot be safely removed (e.g. quest devices). DCL makes sure that the prison can be safely started BEFORE triggering it, but if 3rd party mods trigger it from their end and don't perform the check first, it indeed can happen that...well...nothing happens.

thx for clarifying :)
on a sidenote it would be nice to see a message when this appears.
I used DCL debug messages but never got informed why there is no cursed item even with 100% chance. 
(like "Quest is running, traps temporarily disabled) 

Or like "DCL Quest active - Quest start cancelled" for the other thing. 

13 minutes ago, Kimy said:

DCL -always- uses a DD API function that will pick valid animations regardless of an actor's bound state. The filter should actually never trigger when DCL is picking animations. When there are no devices worn, DCL should pick normal animations from the SexLab registry. Turning the filter off does however NOT keep DCL from picking bound animations for bound characters.

Hmmm, can this be prevented? DD animations are just way to few to be fun for a long time. I really would like to always have all animations available in Sexlab Scenes. 
DD has an option to turn the filter off, I would really like to have something similar in DCL (otherwise prison is a bit boring sexwise. Especially since the filter is not respecting the devices worn as far as I can see (I get yoke animations even with no yoke equiped for example). 

I already searched the scripts but could not find the part where the animations are selected. 

5 minutes ago, Nymra said:

thx for clarifying :)
on a sidenote it would be nice to see a message when this appears.

It actually gives a hint in the DCL Debug screen.

Hmmm, can this be prevented? DD animations are just way to few to be fun for a long time. I really would like to always have all animations available in Sexlab Scenes. 
DD has an option to turn the filter off, I would really like to have something similar in DCL (otherwise prison is a bit boring sexwise. Especially since the filter is not respecting the devices worn as far as I can see (I get yoke animations even with no yoke equiped for example). 

The DD filter had a few issues that should be gone in the next version.

Otherwise, the code as is works 100% as intended. Why would people want to make DCL intentionally pick non-bound animations for bound characters? It's pretty immersion-breaking, no? oO

I already searched the scripts but could not find the part where the animations are selected. 

dcur_libary.SexWithPlayer()

17 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Otherwise, the code as is works 100% as intended. Why would people want to make DCL intentionally pick non-bound animations for bound characters? It's pretty immersion-breaking, no? oO

Immersion is a 100% subjective thing.

I just thought DCL as a DD mod would respect the DD filters. At least it seems logical for it to respect them since its also using its animations.

Plus (and that is the funny part), very often the PC has no DDs equiped when raped in the prison o_O  

Apart from that, there are lot ... and really a lot more bound animations than the ones available from DD. 

Plus there are furniture anims and also animations that are just non-consensual where the female is just held at her wrists and stuff. 

17 minutes ago, Kimy said:

dcur_libary.SexWithPlayer()

aaha, thx alot. Hidden in plain sight I guess... Notepad ++ somehow greyed out that are so I must have missed it. 

28 minutes ago, Nymra said:

I just thought DCL as a DD mod would respect the DD filters. At least it seems logical for it to respect them since its also using its animations.

You misunderstand the filter. The filter is there to replace a non-bound animation with a proper bound one, in situations when e.g. a non-DD mod calls a sex animation, but the character is bound. It will then check for non-fitting animations and replace them on the fly. It is NOT the purpose of the filter to interfere with valid animations. As a DD mod, DCL is picking proper animations in the first place, so the filter doesn't need to intervene. Which obviously means that the filter isn't doing anything, no matter if you enabled or disabled it. DD isn't 'disrespecting' the filter, it's just making sure that the filter is never needed.

Btw: The filter toggle has been in DD forever. Personally, I wouldn't have added such a feature, ever. To me, it goes without saying to use fitting animations, if any are available.

28 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Apart from that, there are lot ... and really a lot more bound animations than the ones available from DD. 

There are exactly ZERO bound animations on LL that aren't already in DD, other than the ones that never had DD in mind when they were created. I cannot use these animations because they don't fit the DD devices. And the ones made for creatures, which didn't get merged for obvious reasons.

Trust me, I'd LOVE to get my hands on some more DD bound animations to bring a bit more variety to the selection. I do understand that there aren't exactly many, and I have probably been looking at them more often than most of you. But alas, the DD team lost its animator a long while ago. The only other animator who ever supplied some bound animations is Billyy, but he hasn't made any new ones in ages as well.

But solving the problem by playing animations not fitting the scene isn't the solution, at least not to me.