Is there a known issue or conflict with the setting to prefer useful key drops? It doesn't seem to have any effect for me, which makes some of the items requiring multiple of the rare keys more or less unplayable, especially with RND installed. The rare keys will still drop at what seems to be their base rate, but that's nowhere near high enough to have any chance getting 5 without losing them all to something.

Testing this on a new save, have the exhibition suit and the game definitely seems like it's trying to drop normal "restraint" keys much more than usual - but of course those are the wrong kind. I'm going to try and completely uninstall DD For the Masses 2 and see if that solves the issue. I'm hoping it's not PerMA itself or something.

I spotted some odd behavior for the estrus attacks. I had told my follower to harvest plants and when she triggered the tentacles, they attacked my PC instead of the follower. Perhaps this is intended behavior (odd though it is), but I think that the follower should be the victim when she's the one doing the harvesting. After all,  telling a follower to harvest plants until tentacles appear is such a hassle that nobody would go to the trouble unless they really wanted the follower to be the victim...

In the process of checking my log, I noticed that public indecency is reading as though cursed loot has been disabled.

I'm reporting the same issue as the others, indecency isn't functioning as intended. I think a flag goes off at some point that disables the function.

I know for a fact that it functioned right at the beginning of the game, and cursed loot itself is working, my character had traps activate three times in the game before I started checking logs.

I'm going to post the log here, just as reference. I could try and get a log with other dcur events working to show it is definitely a mismatch, if necessary. I'm mostly just trying to get the tentacles back. Do I need them? No, but this is a matter of pride now.

Papyrus.0.log

Also, not sure if estrus is hooking properly into cursed loot at all.

Disabled every event except the estrus stuff, checked it off, cranked up cursed loot chances to 100, turned off cooldown, still just does solo anims or skooma.

Estrus on its own is working though.

So if zad detects an unusable orfice, it will cancel tentacle anims from chaurus+ and make you do a fallback solo anim till you die or enter the evil bleedout loops (at least with defeat).

I think I've got to the bottom of the public indecency problem (At least on my machine)

A technical description of the issue:

Cursed Loot uses two variables to store whether public indecency has been detected in the file dcur_publicindecencyQuestScript.psc

Bool IsDetected
Bool IsDetectedByGuard

That's fine. These are used to optimize the detection routines, in order to save Papyrus time. The issue is when she resets them. This is done in the SexLab animation start event:

event SexLabAnimationStart(string eventname, string argString, float argNum, form sender)
    If !PICanExecute(displayfeedback = true)
        return
    Endif
    SLcontroller = SexLab.HookController(argString)    
    Actor victim = SexLab.HookVictim(argString)
    if (victim && victim == libs.playerref) || dclibs.gangbangmutex            
        isVictim = True        
        dcur_pi_userapedialogue.SetValueInt(1)
        debug.trace("[DCUR] Public indecency: Player is victim.")
    Else    
        isVictim = False
        dcur_pi_userapedialogue.SetValueInt(0)
        debug.trace("[DCUR] Public indecency: Player is having consensual sex.")
    endif
    Feedback = True
    WasRaped = False
    IsDetected = False
    IsDetectedByGuard = False
    RegisterForSingleUpdate(3)
endevent

As you can hopefully see, these hooks aren't actually reset until the end of the animation modevent.

What this means, is that if we never trigger SexLab (Another mod interfers by using a force greet I'd guess), then our conditions will never be reset.

We then get into a loop that the PI can never be detected, as it thinks it already has been :)

I can't think of a decent solution just at the minute, as just about anything I do breaks Kimy's optimisation.

Thought about it for 20 minutes, and I've got a working solution.

Not 100% pretty as it adds two calls to GetCurrentGameTime() per PI run, but it's working for me.

All I've done is to store the time of the last PI call, and reset it if over an hour old. Should hopefully handle things, but I'm not 100% certain what'll happen if you wait inbetween the trigger event and the guard completing his forcegreet.....

Kimy will probably have a better idea than I do, but it seems to work :P

Script and source attached.

dcur_publicindecencyQuestScript.psc

dcur_publicindecencyQuestScript.pex

Ok please i need a hand here with this ZAP animation filter and DDi filter thing. i've read through the thread here and searched and found about disabling the filters, but no matter which filters i disable or leave on, the bloody thing always says "playing Zap..." and the actors just stand around. Once in the while it plays 1 animation successfully and always the same one. I've disabled the ZAP "override if needed" leaving the DDi ones on, disabled the DDi ones and left ZAP on. Disabled them ALL (latest try).

I don't know wtf to do its really pissing me off...

DCL passes animations directly to SexLab. Neither DDI's nor ZAP's filter should trigger. Due to the way ZAP armbinder animations are registered in SexLab, they occasionally get picked for regular sex scenes. Don't ask me why this isn't working for you, it's hard to tell without a log.

Can you not fight or open inventory when wearing the cursed collar?

The Cursed Collar is just a collar like a normal leather collar in function, the curse is no restriction in action but in removal ...

Well I can not fight wearing the cursed collar. It was given to me from simple slavery mod.

This collar doesn't prevent you from fighting. Something else must have caused this issue.

I may have found a main quest-breaking bug with the quest given by Leon, where you go to a house and get progressively more devices put on.

I am at the main quest Discerning the Transmundane stage where I have an Attunement Sphere and a Lexicon in my inventory but I can't click on the Lexicon Receptacle to start the puzzle, and I believe it's because Leon's Quest changed something about these quest items. Before starting Leon's quest, I could not drop the Attunement Sphere or the Lexicon, but after completing the quest, these two items can be dropped on the ground. I think when Leon's quest forcibly removed all my items, it introduced a bug such that the Attunement Sphere and Lexicon are not recognised by the game to activate the Lexicon Receptacle. 

Now I don't know how to fix this without reloading a save that's before I accepted Leon's quest.

Yes, this has been reported before, the items get reset when you get them back after the party. For instance armour improved at the workbench will become standard again etc. I first noticed it because of my armour and a problem with the Gaulder Amulet fragment quest.

The only fix is to go back to an earlier save afaik

I fixed that bug for the next version. I think. I haven't touched the code in 4 weeks as I was gone fishing for a while. Not literally, of course. I don't fish. :D

Is there a known issue or conflict with the setting to prefer useful key drops? It doesn't seem to have any effect for me, which makes some of the items requiring multiple of the rare keys more or less unplayable, especially with RND installed. The rare keys will still drop at what seems to be their base rate, but that's nowhere near high enough to have any chance getting 5 without losing them all to something.

RND shouldn't have any influence on key drops. And yes, if you need 5 rare keys, there is a high chance of losing them if you try to scavenge for them. Try to use the other methods maybe! ;)

Bug Report: Solicitation initiated sex scene counts as rape

When a sex scene is triggered via successful solicitation, is is counted as rape instead of consensual.

It has an impact on other mods who differentiate between rape or consensual.

Version: Cursed Loot 5.5

How to reproduce:

1. Perform successful solicitation
  2. Finish sex scene
  3. View Sex Diary in Sexlab MCM menu

Actual results:

"Times victim" counter is increased.

Expected results:

"Times victim" remains unchanged.

Edit:

After looking at the dialogue scripts, i suspect

dclibs.mcs.soqs.SexWrapper(consensualsex = false)

is the culprit.

Unable to compile and test yet as the Skyrim Creation Kit is not being very cooperative.

Solicitation scenes -can- trigger rapes (failed negotiation etc.), but regular solicitation doesn't.

I think I've got to the bottom of the public indecency problem (At least on my machine)

A technical description of the issue:

Cursed Loot uses two variables to store whether public indecency has been detected in the file dcur_publicindecencyQuestScript.psc

Bool IsDetected
Bool IsDetectedByGuard

That's fine. These are used to optimize the detection routines, in order to save Papyrus time. The issue is when she resets them. This is done in the SexLab animation start event:

event SexLabAnimationStart(string eventname, string argString, float argNum, form sender)
    If !PICanExecute(displayfeedback = true)
        return
    Endif
    SLcontroller = SexLab.HookController(argString)    
    Actor victim = SexLab.HookVictim(argString)
    if (victim && victim == libs.playerref) || dclibs.gangbangmutex            
        isVictim = True        
        dcur_pi_userapedialogue.SetValueInt(1)
        debug.trace("[DCUR] Public indecency: Player is victim.")
    Else    
        isVictim = False
        dcur_pi_userapedialogue.SetValueInt(0)
        debug.trace("[DCUR] Public indecency: Player is having consensual sex.")
    endif
    Feedback = True
    WasRaped = False
    IsDetected = False
    IsDetectedByGuard = False
    RegisterForSingleUpdate(3)
endevent

As you can hopefully see, these hooks aren't actually reset until the end of the animation modevent.

What this means, is that if we never trigger SexLab (Another mod interfers by using a force greet I'd guess), then our conditions will never be reset.

We then get into a loop that the PI can never be detected, as it thinks it already has been :)

I can't think of a decent solution just at the minute, as just about anything I do breaks Kimy's optimisation.

Good catch there. I will fix this! :)

I am insanely new to mods and I'm having trouble with Deviously Cursed Loot.esp in that it crashes Skyrim on startup.  I've narrowed it down to that specific mod causing the problem but I can't seem to figure out why.

Any helpful tips?

Startup crashes are most likely caused by a missing dependency. Get a copy of TES5Edit and run it on your install. You don't have to do anything with it but it does a dependency check during load that will tell you exactly what, if anything, is missing.

I am insanely new to mods and I'm having trouble with Deviously Cursed Loot.esp in that it crashes Skyrim on startup.  I've narrowed it down to that specific mod causing the problem but I can't seem to figure out why.

Any helpful tips?

Startup crashes are most likely caused by a missing dependency. Get a copy of TES5Edit and run it on your install. You don't have to do anything with it but it does a dependency check during load that will tell you exactly what, if anything, is missing.

It went all the way through to finishing background loader.

This was all it said for errors...

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [17] Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

[00:00] dcur_anklechainsRendered [ARMO:1706F30B]

[00:00]     ARMO \ KWDA - Keywords \ Keyword -> [06058391] < Error: Could not be resolved >

[00:00] dcur_leon_anklechainsRendered [ARMO:17078233]

[00:00]     ARMO \ KWDA - Keywords \ Keyword -> [06058391] < Error: Could not be resolved >

[00:00] dcur_SashaAnkleChainsRendered [ARMO:170A0E32]

[00:02] All Done!

Here is my load order (I downloaded all the mods through NMM and even tried it again in MO (MO actually got me to the Dragonborn logo whereas NMM didn't even do that).

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

SexLab.esm

Devious Devices - Assets.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

Devious Devices - Integration.esm

daymoyl.esm

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

SkyUI.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

KS Hairdos - HDT.esp

Maria.esp

FoxClub.esp

PonyTailClub.esp

sanguinesDebauchery.esp

Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

UIExtensions.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

XPMSE.esp

Devious Deviants.esp

SDpatch - frostfall.esp

SexLab_Dialogues.esp

MariaDaymoyl.esp

FNIS.esp

Any helpful tips?

Hmm... Looks like it's trying and failing to reference something in another plugin which is loading in the "06" slot (DCL is "17"). Maybe you have an outdated version of whatever plugin that is?

Edit: The Keyword being referenced is to disable Bound Combat, which is part of Devious Devices Integration 3.0b1, which is required by DCL, despite the official requirements list not having been updated to indicate this. You will need to update that mod, although I've not heard of this causing a crash...

Hi Kimy, dont know if anyone has had this problem and posted solution or not, but when i equip the black rubber suit it puts the nipple piercings in front of my breast but when i equip the transparent rubber suit, it correctly resizes for my breasts being enlarged by soulgem oven 308 and the nipple piercings are still attached correctly. I have run bodyslide but it doesnt fix the problem and it is only with the black rubber suit.

was wondering if there is a glitch that i need to fix so that the black suit resizes correctly to account for soulgem oven? I use CBBE Curvy as my base, and only slightly modified the preset to suit the shape i want.

Any helpful tips?

Hmm... Looks like it's trying and failing to reference something in another plugin which is loading in the "06" slot (DCL is "17"). Maybe you have an outdated version of whatever plugin that is?

I posted my load order in an edit above, just in case that was the problem.

So hmmm... 06 would be.... Devious Devices - Assets... but I just downloaded it today so it can't be outdated.  In fact I downloaded all of these mods today.

Any helpful tips?

So hmmm... 06 would be.... Devious Devices - Assets... but I just downloaded it today so it can't be outdated.  In fact I downloaded all of these mods today.

Check DD - Integration. You need 3.0b1, despite the listing of 2.9.2 as the requirement.

Any helpful tips?

Check DD - Integration. You need 3.0b1, despite the listing of 2.9.2 as the requirement.

Uninstalled the old and installed the beta and it still crashes.

I get the same error about the ankles too in TES.

No improvement.

Edit: Literally it works with all the stuff from my previously posted load order... until you check Deviously Cursed Loot.  Then it crashes on startup.

Any helpful tips?

No improvement.

Edit: Literally it works with all the stuff from my previously posted load order... until you check Deviously Cursed Loot.  Then it crashes on startup.

Ok, I see that you have SDpatch - frostfall.esp, but I don't see Frostfall itself. That could cause a problem and at best it's not needed. Try removing that one and see what happens.

Any helpful tips?

No improvement.

Are your plugin being loaded into the game? Do you use a mod manager (NMM, wrye bash, Mod Organizer)? If you don't, you should because they will tell you if you did something wrong. As it is now, what you are experiencing is a user error

I would recommand Wrye Bash since that software would be quite vocal about what is wrong with your load order. However it get complex quite rapidly, so if you want simplicity you'd rather want Nexus Mod Manager (NMM). You ought to run LOOT too.

Radical suggestion here but have no more simple "basic" devices as cursed loot. No wait! Here me out. As of right now "cursed" basic devices are really just a minor annoyance except for the Blindfold and Armbinder/Yoke of course. You may be get stuck in some for a while until keys are found but they generally aren't detrimental.

Cursed "basic" devices would still be in but they're not simple anymore, they all have negative enchantments instead. A cursed Chasity Belt could now have a Damage Health Regen enchantment or have Weakness to Magic for example. There's many possibilities here and would actually make cursed devices detrimental. This could be extended to High-Security restraints perhaps even with two or three enchantments so they would be very punishing and the player would have fork over some coin to get them removed ASAP.

The big problem here would be the work involved as a new entry would have to be created for each device and each negative enchantment. This could be reduced by having certain enchantments only applied to certain devices. Or have someone willing to do the work in the CK for you with a new .esp with CL as a master and you just merge them later.

In addition to negative enchantments, there's a chance cursed basic devices would have a tamper-proof effect for a period of time after being trapped with one. Anytime the player tries to remove the device they'll receive a painful shock or have a small chance to be knocked out making them susceptible to assault. The tamper-proof effect will wear off after a while and then player can attempt removal of the device.

Radical suggestion here but have no more simple "basic" devices as cursed loot. No wait! Here me out. As of right now "cursed" basic devices are really just a minor annoyance except for the Blindfold and Armbinder/Yoke of course. You may be get stuck in some for a while until keys are found but they generally aren't detrimental.

Cursed "basic" devices would still be in but they're not simple anymore, they all have negative enchantments instead. A cursed Chasity Belt could now have a Damage Health Regen enchantment or have Weakness to Magic for example. There's many possibilities here and would actually make cursed devices detrimental. This could be extended to High-Security restraints perhaps even with two or three enchantments so they would be very punishing and the player would have fork over some coin to get them removed ASAP.

The big problem here would be the work involved as a new entry would have to be created for each device and each negative enchantment. This could be reduced by having certain enchantments only applied to certain devices. Or have someone willing to do the work in the CK for you with a new .esp with CL as a master and you just merge them later.

In addition to negative enchantments, there's a chance cursed basic devices would have a tamper-proof effect for a period of time after being trapped with one. Anytime the player tries to remove the device they'll receive a painful shock or have a small chance to be knocked out making them susceptible to assault. The tamper-proof effect will wear off after a while and then player can attempt removal of the device.

Set the standard item weight to zero and the mod will behave pretty much like that. All traps will then equip items with special mechanics on you and/or start one of DCL's quests. I keep adding more and more of these items and quests.

Set the standard item weight to zero and the mod will behave pretty much like that. All traps will then equip items with special mechanics on you and/or start one of DCL's quests. I keep adding more and more of these items and quests.

I feel misunderstood here, I know good and well that I can set the standard item weight to zero and only have special cursed loot events. That's generally what I do with current versions of CL now because I personally feel that standard devices as cursed loot are just a minor annoyance.

What I was suggesting that there would still be standard devices but they would all have negative enchantments instead of nothing. This would be in addition to all the special cursed device events. With the timed tamper-proof mechanic and negative enchantments, devices from standard events would actually be detrimental and feel "cursed".

I feel misunderstood here, I know good and well that I can set the standard item weight to zero and only have special cursed loot events. That's generally what I do with current versions of CL now because I personally feel that standard devices as cursed loot are just a minor annoyance.

What I was suggesting that there would still be standard devices but they would all have negative enchantments instead of nothing. This would be in addition to all the special cursed device events. With the timed tamper-proof mechanic and negative enchantments, devices from standard events would actually be detrimental and feel "cursed".

Making custom items takes time. I have been making them pretty much for as long as I have been working on the mod (which is slightly over two years now). I doubt that there will ever be one custom item for each and every DD model out there, but more items with special features (including debuffs) will get added over time.

Making custom items takes time. I have been making them pretty much for as long as I have been working on the mod (which is slightly over two years now). I doubt that there will ever be one custom item for each and every DD model out there, but more items with special features (including debuffs) will get added over time.

I should have mentioned that these enchantments are just vanilla negative enchantments/abilities with maybe a few custom (but still vanilla effect where possible) ones thrown in. That's why I suggested earlier that maybe someone else could make all these devices with negative enchantments in the CK as a separate plugin with CL as master and then you could probably just merge them later as it'd be a lot of tedious work.

The only new mechanic for these devices should be the tamper-proof effect.

Remember this suggestion was about replacing the Standard Item weight event entirely with these negative-enchanted devices instead.

Hi Kimy,

Minor potential bug report here, regarding the Damsel in Distress quest (which I just started for the first time - and wow it is insanely difficult. Love it!) Anyway, what happened was this:

Still in the very early stages, just after wiggling out of the armbinder and finding the way to the nearest town. I used the Shopping Quest to try and get out of more arm restraints, which sort of worked at first. Did the quest, and got the gloves removed upon my return. That I think wasn't supposed to happen though, now my char had the hands free but was visually still equipped with the iron cuffs. Which were unremovable at this point (message "you cannot unequip this item"). At this point I'm fairly sure the quest was broken, because every time a magical trap triggered from then on, the suit would get unequipped and various instances of standard arm cuffs would end up in my inventory.

I reloaded an earlier stage and avoided the Shopping quest from then on. Now the suit stays on when triggering a trap and I got the various free-your-arms stages as (I think) they're supposed to work (cuffs, more cuffs, leather bindings, linked gloves).

This is sadly as much as I can tell you about this, I have no log of that and I seem to have deleted the savegame too. :@

...back to trying to get free. :cool:

Hi Kimy,

Minor potential bug report here, regarding the Damsel in Distress quest (which I just started for the first time - and wow it is insanely difficult. Love it!) Anyway, what happened was this:

Still in the very early stages, just after wiggling out of the armbinder and finding the way to the nearest town. I used the Shopping Quest to try and get out of more arm restraints, which sort of worked at first. Did the quest, and got the gloves removed upon my return. That I think wasn't supposed to happen though, now my char had the hands free but was visually still equipped with the iron cuffs. Which were unremovable at this point (message "you cannot unequip this item"). At this point I'm fairly sure the quest was broken, because every time a magical trap triggered from then on, the suit would get unequipped and various instances of standard arm cuffs would end up in my inventory.

I reloaded an earlier stage and avoided the Shopping quest from then on. Now the suit stays on when triggering a trap and I got the various free-your-arms stages as (I think) they're supposed to work (cuffs, more cuffs, leather bindings, linked gloves).

This is sadly as much as I can tell you about this, I have no log of that and I seem to have deleted the savegame too. :@

...back to trying to get free. :cool:

The Shopping Quest is indeed not supposed to remove this item. I will need to check this out. :)

It is possible to add and remove enchantments on individual devices so maybe all you need to do is set up a number of debuff enchantments and you could randomly add one or more debuff enchantments to the items when they are equipped. Of course this would need to be configurable like so many other things, a percent chance an item will have debuffs, minimum and maximum number of debuffs and enable or disable for each specific debuff to occur as well as a magnitude slider so people could control how strong or weak each debuff would be (also controllable via script).

(See Enchantment.PSC and WornObject.PSC)