Guess This Location.

8 hours ago, Slorm said:

This is dead easy, I'm mostly posting as it's a nice view. What's the nearest village to here:

A few steps higher on the same road, 201, Evening Star, Morndas, 1st, early morning ... view angle slighlty shifted to the north

d106.jpg.60975a504d52ad5ca23e63ef1e18b25b.jpg

Back to the unsolved mystery, where I am :classic_huh: ?

1 hour ago, merManc said:

^ No idea on that signpost one. Somewhere on the road between Helgen and Ivarstead would be my guess.

No :classic_laugh: - Not that one.

Next attempt for the roadsign?

Spoiler

a.jpg

10 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'd go for either somewhere between Dawnstar and Ft Dunstad or on the road that goes past Silverdrift Lair. The snow isn't helping me.

That's much better as "Helgen" but still not there :classic_laugh:

Sorry for the snow though. :classic_unsure:My Skyrim is still immune to the climatecatastrophe.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Slorm said:

Hmm, a bit quiet in here. So whereabouts is this

ScreenShot281.jpg.a9a33777c01106a4a5cdc55e54ac8ad6.jpg

This is Labyrinthian. Down the stairs to your right is a troll. Through the window grates there is a large cavern with a wall protected by skeletons. Interestingly there are gold ore deposits down there also.

7 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Questy. No wonder I didn't recognise it.

:classic_laugh: You really need to stop your friendly knocking at doors and turn around if nobody answers (quest). Just ram them nasty doors down and go have a look :classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, Grey Cloud said:

Sometimes I do but there is generally nothing in there. Not even any loot ☹️

Well, I must say that if you want more loot you should consider one quest: the Stones of Barenziah. Prowler's Profit (the perk you get for doing it) automatically increases your loot.

13 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Well, I must say that if you want more loot you should consider one quest: the Stones of Barenziah. Prowler's Profit (the perk you get for doing it) automatically increases your loot.

Slippery slope there. To get the stones I would have to go into places which are only accessible via quests. I don't particularly want more loot, it is just that is disappointing when you try to do an honest bit of theft and come up empty-handed.

As for the loacation, I think I know it but I don't know the name of the place you are standing. There is another track heading off in the bottom corner. I used to get ambushed by Thalmor around there - Warzones I think that was. Had an interesting night fight with them once. I was on the rocky thing there sniping with fireballs.

Just now, Grey Cloud said:

Slippery slope there. To get the stones I would have to go into places which are only accessible via quests. I don't particularly want more loot, it is just that is disappointing when you try to do an honest bit of theft and come up empty-handed.

I'm not sure that any of the Stones require doing a quest although many are found along quest lines. The closest I can come to a required quest would be the Wolf Queen quests since one Stone is in Proudspire which you can not access unless you buy the house. And you can't buy the house unless you do that quest. Others, like Pinewatch, are parts of quests but the stones are accessible anyway.

However, I fully sympathize with your concern. There is little worse than putting forth effort only to come away empty handed.

7 hours ago, Psalam said:

I'm not sure that any of the Stones require doing a quest although many are found along quest lines. The closest I can come to a required quest would be the Wolf Queen quests since one Stone is in Proudspire which you can not access unless you buy the house. And you can't buy the house unless you do that quest. Others, like Pinewatch, are parts of quests but the stones are accessible anyway.

However, I fully sympathize with your concern. There is little worse than putting forth effort only to come away empty handed.

One's in the dark brotherhood sanctuary but I can't think of the others without checking UESP which isn't really needed. I think you also need to join the thieves guild to some level before Vex will talk to you about them so that's probably 3-4 quests.  I think that 5-6 of the gems are in quest-locked locations.

The simplest is just using the console to add the spell effect.  :D

On 8/10/2019 at 1:42 AM, worik said:

This roadsign is too difficult?

Well, let's try it, when I wipe the ice and snow off it and uncover the other writings ❄️

Hide contents

a.jpg.866c99529c91a7b9c0257804abfbaee8.jpg

Where am I?

Not sure how I missed this for a week and I hope I'm not missing answer already, but with the sign pointing at you saying Morthal, it looks like you're just up the road from it.  Just around to your left would be the burial mound with the skeleton and dead necromancer and to the right, the road heads up hill some between some rocks and a usual frost spider ambush before heading down hill, over a bridge, and past Fort Snowhawk.

7 hours ago, karlpaws said:

with the sign pointing at you saying Morthal, it looks like you're just up the road from it.  Just around to your left would be the burial mound with the skeleton and dead necromancer and to the right, the road heads up hill some between some rocks and a usual frost spider ambush before heading down hill, over a bridge, and past Fort Snowhawk.

Perfectly located ?

4 hours ago, Psalam said:

Sadly, no. Although it's eerie because I am at a dwarven ruin looking north.

Arkngthamz (I had to look the name up. Would have spelled it "Arkdanz-thing") .. looking at Dushnik Yal. The top of Reachwind Eyrie is visible in the distance behind a tree.