Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

Don't know what the heck you are talking about.   :dodgy:

PC standard edition is $59.99 and the PC digital deluxe edition is $69.99 here in the US.

Doesn't matter where you buy it....gamestop or right off Origin.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/dragon-age-inquisition/114766

While I agree games have been getting more expensive.....so has a lot of other things.  That's just life.

PC standard edition = 369+ SEK ($47.58) Depends on where you get it from.

PC deluxe edition = 699 SEK ($90.14) as download from Origin. So the US version is $30.15 cheaper.

Quite a bit rip off if you would want the deluxe edition.

Edit: Prices might be different in other countries as well

Origin's Euro based prices are always more expensive than the US prices. If you live in the Euro zone you have to pay more for the same game.

US Prices:

Dragon Age™: Inquisition $ 59.99
Dragon Age™: Inquisition Digital Deluxe $ 69.99

Euro Prices:

Dragon Age™: Inquisition € 59.99 ($76)
Dragon Age™: Inquisition Digital Deluxe € 69.99 ($89)

Yes, you may find certain titles at a cheaper price on Steam. Unfortunately, not every title on Origin is available on Steam.

Gamersgate (Swedish) can be a decent alternative though. For example, compare the pre-order prices for Far Cry 4:

Far Cry 4 Limited Edition

Origin : € 59,99 ($ 76)

GG : $ 59.99

Steam (US) : $ 59.99

Steam (EUR) : € 59.99 ($ 76)

Ultimately, it's the publisher who puts the price tag on a game though.

Or you can buy from a keystore. They have a shady feel around them, though - I don't like to buy in such stores but sometimes I feel it's necessary. I will probably buy Inquisition from a keystore because I am not willing to pay such a price for a game from a company who has disappointed me often enough. I don't really get why the prices are so high anyway. Especially when it's digitally distributed, the money it costs to get the product to the consumer is much lower that way than say if you need to ship retail versions. No DVDs you need to replicate, no packaging, no physical distribution (no storage and shipping costs), no manuals that need to be printed etc.

Yeah editors like to do the conversion 1 $ = 1 € for their games prices, although we must keep in mind euro prices include taxes.

This is not excuse, localized version tend to be 30% cheaper than steam one and russian are like 80% cheaper. Blame greedy publishers. Always.

Yeah editors like to do the conversion 1 $ = 1 € for their games prices, although we must keep in mind euro prices include taxes.

This is not excuse, localized version tend to be 30% cheaper than steam one and russian are like 80% cheaper. Blame greedy publishers. Always.

While I don't disagree that the publishers are greedy......they are not the only ones with sticky fingers!  Politicians are the absolute worst when it comes to greed and corruption.  

Back on topic:  3 Weeks and 1 Day until Release!!!  Woohooo!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Partially true, you can't compare Russians and (most) Europeans living standards.

Partially true, you can't compare Russians and Europeans living standards.

Those who have internet aren't poor. So I can. And If publishers are making money there, plus there is a massive piracy in Russia I don't see reason for so high prices on west, only one come up - because they can.

Partially true, you can't compare Russians and Europeans living standards.

Those who have internet aren't poor. So I can. I have been there.

Not poor doesn't mean they earn same salaries. Even former eastern block states part of Europe is still under western countries living standards. For example, a polish video games dev won't earn as much as a french one.

EA can shove this game where the sun doesn't shine.

attachicon.gifDAI Standard.jpg

attachicon.gifDAI Deluxe.jpg

I'm not interested in comments about higher income and stuff since people who make those comments live in a country with higher average income.

I would never spent that much on PC game EVER.

That are rediculous prices.

But hey EA who only cares about money not the gamers.

But fans no matter what will always defend it.

Suddenly so many now say i was never fan of DA:O lol...thats sad:(

P.S I must say i never visit german sites language you know but at least they show game as realy as a PC game and not stupid console version.

Still EA Origin no go zone and prices well i can easly buy every month 10 games for 60 bucks no problem but because i have money i just spent it because i can. If game is rediculous prices i won't buy simple as that.

I wait for budget version when it's 10 euros and i can play it on steam(never happen so i won't play it) same i do with UBISOFT and UPLAY no go zone.

This all is my personal prefference and view on the subject, so please enjoy the game and IGNORE ME OK :D

I go look if GOG.COM 100% DRM FREE PC GAMES avaible to play ;)

So the dragon Age Keep is online and open for everyone (with an Origin-Account of course)

https://dragonagekeep.com

Already had a look into it, and I have to say it's maybe a lot easier to do this than playing through both games again (especially when you still don't know how many references to the previous games are made at all, and how important they are).

Sadly the import of custom DAO Heroes doesn't work (yet), so I consider it a wee bit pointless at the moment, though on the other hand your Warden is never referred to by first name anyway, so it wouldn't matter too much I guess.

Anyway, I think it's quite a nice idea, and probably a good alternative to save-game-imports ... and even helps to refresh your memory a bit as you go through the story-tapestry :lol:

So the dragon Age Keep is online and open for everyone (with an Origin-Account of course)

https://dragonagekeep.com

Already had a look into it, and I have to say it's maybe a lot easier to do this than playing through both games again (especially when you still don't know how many references to the previous games are made at all, and how important they are).

Sadly the import of custom DAO Heroes doesn't work (yet), so I consider it a wee bit pointless at the moment, though on the other hand your Warden is never referred to by first name anyway, so it wouldn't matter too much I guess.

Anyway, I think it's quite a nice idea, and probably a good alternative to save-game-imports ... and even helps to refresh your memory a bit as you go through the story-tapestry :lol:

Lol, just tried the link and got a page where it stood that I was using a browser that wasn't supported :blink:

Edit: Works normally now though.

I loved Origins, I even liked the story of DA:2, despite the repetitiveness of it. So excited for this one, and I hope it's good, I really really

do. This year has been a bit of a letdown so far, i'm hoping it ends with a bang not a whimper.

Yeah, I have to agree. 

2014 has been full of mixed water in terms of video games.

Lots of hyped up games that didn't end up being the "Grade AAA" quality we expected them to be.

(Also, what constitutes a Triple A game? Really, that word has been getting tossed around for years now...)

Are our standards too high, or are we just getting shafted by Devs/Publishers?

Yeah, I have to agree. 

2014 has been full of mixed water in terms of video games.

Lots of hyped up games that didn't end up being the "Grade AAA" quality we expected them to be.

(Also, what constitutes a Triple A game? Really, that word has been getting tossed around for years now...)

Are our standards too high, or are we just getting shafted by Devs/Publishers?

I partly blame it not on the games, but on ... the Internet. Really, back in the days all the information one could get was in articles on game-mags every couple of moths so, maybe with some videos on the CD. Nowadays however every popular game gets dissected way ahead of the release. Every little bit of info gets analyzed to death, and people argue about how bad a game is before its even launched (or praise it without facts to support it...)

And I think this way we players sometimes expect too much of a game and get dissapointed much more easily. I mean, we were hyped back then as well, without too much internet-fuss. But I think the I-net made this worse. Just a personal theroy, without scientific basis :lol:

Archived