Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

Christ, I'm gonna have to drudge through the disaster that is Dragon Age 2 to get my savefile before I can do this thing. Playing a qunari better be worth the trouble.

Or you can use dragon keep :P

Nah, it won't be that bad. I'll kill Anders, give the whore to the Arishok, and refuse to give the elven thing to the elf so she can't kill her clan(lol this is an actual renegade option).

It might even be fun, now that I think about it.

Christ, I'm gonna have to drudge through the disaster that is Dragon Age 2 to get my savefile before I can do this thing. Playing a qunari better be worth the trouble.

Or you can use dragon keep :P

Nah, it won't be that bad. I'll kill Anders, give the whore to the Arishok, and refuse to give the elven thing to the elf so she can't kill her clan(lol this is an actual renegade option).

It might even be fun, now that I think about it.

Seriously. You have to use the Keep.

There is no savegame import function. If you want anything you do in DA2 to matter in DA:I, you have to use the Keep to set it up.

Is this as bad as you said? I don't pay too much attention to dragon age because of their... last mistake.

No, it isn't bad at all.  The keep is actually awesome.  You don't have to waste any time finding a saved game file(s) that had all the decisions you want.  You don't have to worry that you accidentally killed so in so, or let so in so live or any of that crap.  You pick the decisions you want right from the menu and are good to go.  I wish more game makers would take a cue from this!  This is a freaking awesome concept & tool that allows folks to setup the game world in a matter of minutes and jump right in.  Who needs foreplay anyway!!!  Let's get to the sex!!!   :P

As a bonus, it has a story summary feature that is pretty nifty once you get things all set up.

Check it out for yourself:  https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

Is this as bad as you said? I don't pay too much attention to dragon age because of their... last mistake.

No, it isn't bad at all.  The keep is actually awesome.  You don't have to waste any time finding a saved game file(s) that had all the decisions you want.  You don't have to worry that you accidentally killed so in so, or let so in so live or any of that crap.  You pick the decisions you want right from the menu and are good to go.  I wish more game makers would take a cue from this!  This is a freaking awesome concept & tool that allows folks to setup the game world in a matter of minutes and jump right in.  Who needs foreplay anyway!!!  Let's get to the sex!!!   :P

As a bonus, it has a story summary feature that is pretty nifty once you get things all set up.

And they totally didn't ripped of that story summary from witcher ;)

And they totally didn't ripped of that story summary from witcher ;)

Wait what?

Yes, I also really hope that all future big game-series that have connecting stories/shared worlds think about using this concept ... though to be true, what game beside Witcher really needs it? Might have been neat for Mass Effect maybe (with a Mass Effect Citadel/Keep Option like "did you talk to the Space Kid and like it or do you loathe the whole idea and defeated the Reapers in a massive, epic battle as we teased you over three games

and in outr trailers?" ... Öh, I take the second option pelase!")

Yes, I also really hope that all future big game-series that have connecting stories/shared worlds think about using this concept ... though to be true, what game beside Witcher really needs it? Might have been neat for Mass Effect maybe (with a Mass Effect Citadel/Keep Option like "did you talk to the Space Kid and like it or do you loathe the whole idea and defeated the Reapers in a massive, epic battle as we teased you over three games

and in outr trailers?" ... Öh, I take the second option pelase!")

While there are not a lot of game series out there that carry stuff from game to game, this concept\tool might actually help some game makers decide to continue game arc's.  Writing code to extract game decisions and build them into the engine to do this and that isn't simple as may of the architectures are very old by the time the next game comes out.  Plus there is the issue of cross platform saves.  With a tool like this, a game maker won't have to fuss with anything like that.  

As to the space kid and the rainbow options.....get the happy ending mod and play the game the way it should have been made!    

Frying some fucking reapers!   ;)

I agree, for the most part. The bad thing however is that if you've played Dragon Age: Origins years ago, you won't remember many of the choices you've made. On the other hand, it's a good way to refresh your memory on the world and characters of Dragon Age - importing your save game from several years ago and meeting characters again based on what decisions you made doesn't make much sense when you already forgot them, doesn't it.

That and maybe you've made a choice you're not content anymore but you don't want to play the whole game again just because of that. The Keep allows you to get the world state you want to play in without playing both DA:O and DA2 again.

There are is a background button to help you remember what that decision is all about to "jog" your memory if you have forgotten what was going on.   ;)

how can one this background story, forget? :o

DAO and DA2 for me were my absolute favorites, precisely because this background story was unbeatable, even if DA2 was not very good,

the story was good. :)

I hope they don't give the Warden any cameos. Don't care what they do with Hawke, just don't fuck up the Warden's story.

No physical appearance of the Warden, that's already confirmed. And after all, she isn'T that impoertant for the current storyline anyway. Hawke will appear, and be pretty much impoertant it seems, which is a good thing. A pity Hawke has become something like the unloved stepchild...does deserve better than that

Wait....where does it say the warden won't appear in the game?  I must have missed that. I don't agree that the warden isn't important to the story line.  The warden is to Ferelden what Hawke is to Kirkwall.  Get the warden's backing and Ferelden would unite behind the Inquisition in a heartbeat.  Unless they are saying that the warden is off fighting on another battlefront with the grey wardens.  Perhaps that is where Blackwall comes from.....a messenger from the warden on why he isn't around????

You can see Hawke in one of the game trailers and he is a mage, as the main game trailer portrayed him battling the Arishok.

While the cut scene was very short, it appears that Hawke is shorter and "chunkier" in Inquisition.  In DA2 he had a rather angular face and in the Inquisition trailer he had more of a round face.

Now I do like the face change they gave to Varric.  It will be interesting to see what other changes they implement.

Not gonna touch this game until bargain bin and only if metacritic reviews (the sensible ones, not the 0s or 10s) from actual people are somewhat promising. The switcheroo of DA2 and ME3 ensured that to me, Bioware is no more an instant buy. And it's only due to lack of competition I still give money to Bioware for SWTOR at all.

And for those who think modding, then since Baldur's Gate 2 and NwN modding has not been a priority of Bioware because it doesn't support consoles and Bioware is increasingly console focused.

Not gonna touch this game until bargain bin and only if metacritic reviews (the sensible ones, not the 0s or 10s) from actual people are somewhat promising. The switcheroo of DA2 and ME3 ensured that to me, Bioware is no more an instant buy. And it's only due to lack of competition I still give money to Bioware for SWTOR at all.

And for those who think modding, then since Baldur's Gate 2 and NwN modding has not been a priority of Bioware because it doesn't support consoles and Bioware is increasingly console focused.

this is a joke right? these days there for almost every PC game a console version, but it does not mean DAI is a console game! I always laugh when I hear such prejudices. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

edit: of course will be it also as in every "Dragon Age game" mods give! of course not for consoles, then it will be time for a PC. :P

Wait....where does it say the warden won't appear in the game?  I must have missed that. I don't agree that the warden isn't important to the story line.  The warden is to Ferelden what Hawke is to Kirkwall.  Get the warden's backing and Ferelden would unite behind the Inquisition in a heartbeat.  Unless they are saying that the warden is off fighting on another battlefront with the grey wardens.  Perhaps that is where Blackwall comes from.....a messenger from the warden on why he isn't around????

You can see Hawke in one of the game trailers and he is a mage, as the main game trailer portrayed him battling the Arishok.

While the cut scene was very short, it appears that Hawke is shorter and "chunkier" in Inquisition.  In DA2 he had a rather angular face and in the Inquisition trailer he had more of a round face.

Now I do like the face change they gave to Varric.  It will be interesting to see what other changes they implement.

They confirmed Warden's story is done way back in early production, when people were still asking who will be main character. He will definitely be part of the fighting somewhere, but I doubt it will be with the Inquisition. There was also a cameo of Morrigan standing alongside somebody with a full-face helmet that people assumed was him, but it was revealed to be the Inquisitor instead.

Abour Varric, in all honesty he looks like somebody broke his nose.

Do yourself a favor, don't judge a game by reviews from shitholes like metacritic and IGN, or anywhere else on the net for that matter. Opinions are like assholes everybody has them and video game rewiever's are always full of shit.

Watch gameplay and story videos on youtube instead, and decide for yourself whether you want it or not.

I hope they don't give the Warden any cameos. Don't care what they do with Hawke, just don't fuck up the Warden's story.

No physical appearance of the Warden, that's already confirmed. And after all, she isn'T that impoertant for the current storyline anyway. Hawke will appear, and be pretty much impoertant it seems, which is a good thing. A pity Hawke has become something like the unloved stepchild...does deserve better than that

I dunno. My warden left with Morrigan, so I would assume that he has some degree of importance with whatever is going on in DAI.

Archived