Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

I have to say, the graphics look less than impressive. They look about as good a Witcher 2 did, but definitely not competitive with today's new gen standards.

That being said, I hope the story is good enough to overshadow this.

Yeah! It'll be hard to top next gen quality like this...

attachicon.gifassassins-creed-glitch.jpg

LOL, look up cluster fuck and they will have a picture of ACU next to it as a reference.

I have to say, the graphics look less than impressive. They look about as good a Witcher 2 did, but definitely not competitive with today's new gen standards.

That being said, I hope the story is good enough to overshadow this.

Yeah! It'll be hard to top next gen quality like this...

attachicon.gifassassins-creed-glitch.jpg

So in ACU the Cenobites are involved in the French Revolution? That clearly looks like one of their .... projects ...

Except that someone "did" figure out how to crack the ME series and made some tools for it.  Granted they are quite limited, but they were enough to replace\add\edit scenes\movies\dialogue and so on.  That was how the Happy Ending mod came to be for ME3.

If Bioware refuses to release any tools, then hopefully someone else will find a way to create them.

I'll be late to work on Tuesday......feeling a cold coming on..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

In all fairness though ME was built on Unreal and all you really needed to do to work with those assets was to reverse engineer the package files into .u formats and from there the UDK was mostly functionally usable.

Frostbite is another animal entirely, theres literally a change.org petition for modding tools for the engine. DICE has gone on record to state that modding tools would be less than possible due to the engine being too complex.

Overall while ME did work out because reverse engineering the file system to make it UDK compatible wasn't that big a step, making tools for Frostbite 3 from the ground up...from assets to data manipulation...thats a huge task....if anyone does it, BioWare and EA should buy it, hire the devs on the spot and make it official...which is about as likely to happen as....well anything else that is extremely unlikely to happen.

Though I don't give much about press-reviews anymore after my favorite game-mag earnestly told me that ME3's ending left no unswer untold ( :rolleyes: ), yet I am slightly pleased to read mostly positive stuff so far ... and yes, it seems to have flaws, but I was fully expecting that, and I am glad they are not ignored by the press...I am mostly happy about things like "lots of content" and even fetch-quest making sense (though the last one I will be sceptical about until I check it out for real)

Oh and on a side-note, considering the site we are on here: It seems India did ban the game due to its ... sexually orientated content...guess I can be glad they have no Nazis in Thedas, otherwise our annoying german laws might ban the game as well ... :blink:

Though I don't give much about press-reviews anymore after my favorite game-mag earnestly told me that ME3's ending left no unswer untold ( :rolleyes: ), yet I am slightly pleased to read mostly positive stuff so far ... and yes, it seems to have flaws, but I was fully expecting that, and I am glad they are not ignored by the press...I am mostly happy about things like "lots of content" and even fetch-quest making sense (though the last one I will be sceptical about until I check it out for real)

Oh and on a side-note, considering the site we are on here: It seems India did ban the game due to its ... sexually orientated content...guess I can be glad they have no Nazis in Thedas, otherwise our annoying german laws might ban the game as well ... :blink:

I do not think this would happen in Germany! the game would perhaps "indexed", I can remember in the past very well where this has happened. "half life, medal of honor" these two games were once "indexed" because of "violent representation" and because of nazi symbols! nevertheless they were still to receive, via detours but you could still get.

ger.

ich glaube nicht dass dies in deutschland passieren würde ! das spiel würde vielleicht "indiziert" , ich kann mich in der vergangenheit sehr gut erinnern wo dies geschehen ist . "half life , medal of honor" diese beiden spiele wurden einmal wegen "gewaltdarstellung" und wegen nazisymbole "indiziert"! trotzdem waren sie noch zu erhalten , zwar über umwege aber man konnte sie noch bekommen .

I keep hear mages are pretty kickass. It might be fun usurping this with the old/new tactical view. Boy, am I glad they're bringing that thing back...

Mages should be fun considering they were pretty powerful in DAO and DA2 and with the meshing of DAO and DA2's combat systems it offers a really interesting dynamic to mage combat.

Edit: ranged Rogue should be fun to play also.

I keep hear mages are pretty kickass. It might be fun usurping this with the old/new tactical view. Boy, am I glad they're bringing that thing back...

Mages should be fun considering they were pretty powerful in DAO and DA2 and with the meshing of DAO and DA2's combat systems it offers a really interesting dynamic to mage combat.

Edit: ranged Rogue should be fun to play also.

I do not like the tactic mode, my companion fight for themselves. :P 

my first fighter is a "Female Qunari Mage" because the Qunari are hated everywhere. :lol:  :lol:

I generally just set up comp tactics then let them do their thing while I do mine but every now and then you run into a fight that is tough and you have to stop and use the tactical side of the combat system to win.

Dragon fights in DAI are going to be a good example of when the "comps do their thing you do your thing" isn't going to work.

P.s. My first play through will also be with a Female Qunari but I haven't decided on class yet.

I'm already setting up to be a two handed sword (or maybe an axe) warrior.  I find that being a tank gets me into a game more than just standing back and lobbing magic and\or arrows.  It also gets my ass handed to me as well......which......is kinda fun too.   :blush:

My warden was a sword and board character.

Hawke was a two handed sword warrior.

I figure I might as well keep a consistent theme going.  This will also allow me to have another tank (Cassandra) and then bring an archer (probably Varric) and a mage (probably Vivienne).  I'll occasionally mix that up with including Bull and Sera, but that will probably be it.  Don't much care for Doran, Solas or Cole.  

I'm pretty much 98% settled on knocking boots with Cassandra.   :P

ich glaube nicht dass dies in deutschland passieren würde ! das spiel würde vielleicht "indiziert" , ich kann mich in der vergangenheit sehr gut erinnern wo dies geschehen ist . "half life , medal of honor" diese beiden spiele wurden einmal wegen "gewaltdarstellung" und wegen nazisymbole "indiziert"! trotzdem waren sie noch zu erhalten , zwar über umwege aber man konnte sie noch bekommen

Naja, ich hatte ein Auge auf das neue Wolfenstein geworfen ... aber das wird zwar in Deutschland vertrieben, aber nur in Deutscher Sprache (!) und mit haufenweise Änderungen ... keine Symbole, keine Nazis (Das Regime ... pft) ... und Half-Life damals mit den Robotern, auch so eine peinliche Nummer, was bin ich froh über die Black Mesa Mod, hab ich das Spiel 10 Jahre später mal vernünftig gespielt :) Was mich ärgert ist eher, dass man als Erwachsener Mensch hier solche Probleme bekommt um über tausend Umwege ein vernünftiges Produkt zu erhalten. Was soll das? Jugendschutz?? Die jugendlichen wissen meistens doch noch viel besser, wie sie an das alles rankommen ... lächerlich, bigot, ein Gesetzes-Feigenblatt, das mich tierisch nervt ...

The above is a german rant! Brought to you by: JXM - the new Babelfish-Internet-Tanslator! Sign up today!

More on topic: I wonder if I can model my planned human female mage Inquisitor after her:

eva-green-at-300-rise-of-an-empire-promo

I guess the eyes will be toughest. I'd need a fairly insane pair of eyes for her .... but I'll try my best regardless, which will probably dissapointing :D

I only ever do glass cannon builds that take shit out in 2-3 swings, so first play it's gonna have to be qunari two-hander.

Party-wise it's gonna be Varric, Bull, and Cass. And a lot of health potions...

a lot of health potions,  :lol:  ill-informed! at the beginning "maximum 8". :P

I only ever do glass cannon builds that take shit out in 2-3 swings, so first play it's gonna have to be qunari two-hander.

Party-wise it's gonna be Varric, Bull, and Cass. And a lot of health potions...

a lot of health potions,  :lol:  ill-informed! at the beginning "maximum 8". :P

Damn...well, better kill things faster then.

I've been meaning to ask, how do the the female Qunari look in game?

I was planning on doing a Quanri Mage on my first run as well, but I haven't seen what the customization options are like for them.

Aside from a few npcs that is.

maybe this will help, look from 17. minute :)

Based on the demo I watched there were actually three voices.  But it is hard to say until the real game comes out as many of those demo's were alpha or beta and may not have been complete.  I'll know for sure in 25 hours.  Don't think I will get much (if any) sleep Monday night.   :P

Based on the demo I watched there were actually three voices.  But it is hard to say until the real game comes out as many of those demo's were alpha or beta and may not have been complete.  I'll know for sure in 25 hours.  Don't think I will get much (if any) sleep Monday night.   :P

I couldn't really tell since those two wouldn't shut up for even a second while showing the voices. >_<

Not to fond of the fact We are only getting two voice choices.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: two votes are still better than none! in all three DA play has your char at least one vote and he can also therefore speak. ;)

not as in all the "Elders Scroll games" where your character is mute as a fish! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I've been meaning to ask, how do the the female Qunari look in game?

I was planning on doing a Quanri Mage on my first run as well, but I haven't seen what the customization options are like for them.

Aside from a few npcs that is.

maybe this will help, look from 17. minute :)

Anybody else feels female qunari should have bigger tits? You can bet males have schlongs the size of boat anchors...

Archived