Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly I haven't played DAI for at least a month. Not sure this one DLC could make me start playing seriously again.

The new dlc looks like a zone that was intended for the game, but got left out for time reasons. Looks kinda boring. 

Honestly I haven't played DAI for at least a month. Not sure this one DLC could make me start playing seriously again.

The new dlc looks like a zone that was intended for the game, but got left out for time reasons. Looks kinda boring. 

Yeah I thought the same when I saw the trailer.

Yeah I thought the same when I saw the trailer.

would I not maintain, "first" properly See and not beforehand to complain!

This DLC is huge (bigger than Skyrim) and there is enough voltage. :P

https://youtu.be/y7Ety5qPtbA

^

Is it a bunch of notes? Any new Specializations or actually NICE-looking armors? New spells? Details, man! :D 

I may have uninstalled it, but it won't stay that way forever. If it's a true DLC with new stuff, I may get it, when/if I get back into the game (if that's possible).

Notes?  No.  You start out with notes and then you actually meet the inquisitor at the end....face to face.  For those knowledgeable in chantry lore.....it will be quite a shock and will upset the apple cart.

Tier 4 armors and weapons (and crafting materials etc).  A new spell just for the inquisitor that has to do with your fade rift ability, but in defensive mode this time.

There is one pretty cool armor that is introduced towards the end.  And a dragon to kill.

It is pretty expensive for a DLC, so unless you are a huge DAI nutcase like I am, it might be best to wait a few months as it will likely drop to half price.

It is pretty expensive for a DLC, so unless you are a huge DAI nutcase like I am, it might be best to wait a few months as it will likely drop to half price.

Hm, guess towards teh end of the year, or end of summer I'll take another assault on DAI (hopefully with a second DLC, covering the Darkspawn/Deeproads). Until then too many games to take care of...*sigh*...and do they make sales on Origin? It's really a bit much. Not that money matters THAT much to me but...that's almost the price of a full addon. I don't think "Jaws" is half the size of "Awakening"...

Anyway, nice to see at least some people here don't piss arrogantly down on DAI for whatever reasons... :)  and I feel great about myself that I can enjoy DAI and Pillars and the Witcher all the same...instead of seeing only the "negative" stuff about some games...good to be me! :P

The DLC is a good fit to the game.  It is quite logical for the inquisitor to go seeking the original inquisitor.  Scout Harding has a bit more to say this time around back at camp.  :P

If the other DLC is as large and well done, the game of the year edition when it gets issued with all the DLC inside it is going to be a real steal of a deal.  

It is sad that you have to wait so long between DLC, but that is the nature of the beast.  It is similar to Mass Effect 3, with all the DLC installed the game feels.....much more complete.  Well, with the happy ending mod installed too.  ;)   Not to say that either ME3 or DAI aren't complete without the DLC, both were damn long games at release and I had zero issue with their cost verses their size.

To me DLC are a mixed bag.  The old school gamer side of me thinks DLC should be in the original game, the realist part of me understands why DLC exists the way it does and frankly is willing to shell out the money and put up with the hassle of waiting for the addons.

The whole thing is similar to what the movie industry does, they put out the movie on DVD\BlueRay and then six months later they put out the directors extended edition.  Pisses me off, because for the movies that I really dig, I absolutely just have to have the extended edition.  So I have to weigh my options, do I buy the first release, enjoy the movie, then buy the extended edition and find someone to give the original to...........or do I just say piss on it and wait for the extended edition to come out.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Complaining about it is merely insanity, because what is the definition of insanity after all?  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.   :P

This is the way it is, we just have to decide how to handle it on our end.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Now I know I'm not buying the new DLC. I haven't even updated my game past update 5 and when I merged a new patch file just now I saw the Jaws of Hakkon data in the patch as it was merging which tells me it was meant to be in game at start and either didn't get finished in time or they chose to release it as a DLC instead of releasing it as a part of the game.

Either way I know now they are trying to make me pay more for something I should have had already when I spent my money the first time.  :@

I'm glad it failed so hard barely 3 million sold lol.

DLC is crime and this game is not DA:Origin is a betrayal to fans of original DA:Origin.

This will not even have succes of Oblivion let alone Skyrim.

Bioware sucks sinds EA era.

Archived