Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

Majority of Dragon Age Origin fans don't like DA2 and it's rediculous action blockbuster combat, that's why it failed so hard, bringing it back in DA3 maybe bit less i doub many Origin fans will like it.

But it's no use argue about it you eather like it or not.

But hey i leave it to you new generation of players i just don't buy the game and where all happy. I'll wait for TW3 which i already bought on gog.com.

hopefully it is not a flop for you, all talk good about The Witcher 3! I remember very well in The Witcher 2, it was not intoxicating, only after the revision and republication after it was reasonably good.

me is "give a damn" what others say about DAI, I'm looking forward to this game.

And you should.

I'm also looking forward to it, my researcher about DAI is few months old and I don't want to see anything new to avoid spoiling fun.

I always get games that initially I wanted to get at announcement. I don't buy this shit "vote with your wallet" - but if game misses my expectation, I whine, I bitch, I sped fucks everywhere :P

And DA2 was CRAP.

I don't know why people care about the gameplay of Bioware games I don't think I like it of any of them maybe BG, I do however care about the story and their characters and their last two games got so washed out and mundane I didn't even feel a thing.

People care about the game play because they're GAMES not movies.

I don't know why people care about the gameplay of Bioware games I don't think I like it of any of them maybe BG, I do however care about the story and their characters and their last two games got so washed out and mundane I didn't even feel a thing.

Well said.

And you should.

I'm also looking forward to it, my researcher about DAI is few months old and I don't want to see anything new to avoid spoiling fun.

I always get games that initially I wanted to get at announcement. I don't buy this shit "vote with your wallet" - but if game misses my expectation, I whine, I bitch, I sped fucks everywhere :P

And DA2 was CRAP.

I recently started to get more into my research, but als otry to avoid most story-related things...and I planned to gt DAI ever since it got announced, which was shortly after Bioware fucked it up with Mass Effect 3.

And the thing is: DA2 was mediocre, but not crap...despite the ridiculous amount of reused enviroments (which is truly a shame, no excuses here), its mostly an entertaining game. A game that, by and large, cannot compete with the huge and epic DA-Origins ... but as I always understood, it never was meant to be. DA2 is smaller in scope, with a cleare focus on the story of one character, Hawke. I see it more as some kind of spin-off, a filler so to speak...

But I guess dfending DA2 is like fighting against windmills, a lot cause :D  But its still fun and I just cannot stand by and watch crap thrown at the game

Thoese were? Old Republic, an MMO and ME3? Yeah, I guess I agree, ME3 was a shame in every respect, but I hope and pray that the whole shitstorm back then had one effect: That they get their shit together again with DA-Inquisition ... and things like pushing back release-dates still make me don't lose that hope :)  If that hope gets dissapointed, well, the joke is on me I guess, but what's life without a bit of hope?

Also, though it pains me to write it: ME3 HAD me feel a lot! It speaks for a company if their decision to make such a crappy ending to a series and a player-char like Mass Effect and Shepard leads to such a world-wide outcry. That means they make something right...and that's, as it seems, their world-building and characters...

I have to think about the indy-crowdfunded game Divinity-Original Sin. A nice game, universally praised by everyone as the return of more "real" RPGs and all that...and though I enjoyed the turn-based combat, their world and boring chars left me totally cold and uninvested. Or The Witcher, another game always used to argue against Bioware...Witcher isn't an original IP, its a world already created, using chars already created. Still great of course, but CD Red still has to proof they can create worlds of their own as dense as Bioware before they can really be called the "new" saviours of RPGs...(though nobody can deny they are the saviours of Anti-DLCs, which clearly earns them a medal)

Ha, it feels so good to argue against in favour of Bioware, last time I did that was way before Starchild put a dump on my ME3-experience! :lol: :lol:

I have to think about the indy-crowdfunded game Divinity-Original Sin. A nice game, universally praised by everyone as the return of more "real" RPGs and all that...and though I enjoyed the turn-based combat, their world and boring chars left me totally cold and uninvested. Or The Witcher, another game always used to argue against Bioware...Witcher isn't an original IP, its a world already created, using chars already created. Still great of course, but CD Red still has to proof they can create worlds of their own as dense as Bioware before they can really be called the "new" saviours of RPGs...(though nobody can deny they are the saviours of Anti-DLCs, which clearly earns them a medal)

Ha, it feels so good to argue against in favour of Bioware, last time I did that was way before Starchild put a dump on my ME3-experience! :lol: :lol:

They don't need to make original(IP) RPG, they just need to keep making good RPGs.

They don't need to make original(IP) RPG, they just need to keep making good RPGs.

What is an RPG in your opinion?

Do you feel that Shadow of Mordor is an RPG (if you've played it) or perhaps Assassins Creed?

This is just out of curiosity of course :)

I do agree that CDProject should keep making good games though! Even if I hate Geralt, I am very much looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.

Well let's see how the game pans out first.

Thriving mod communities spring up around good games first and formost. Having good modding tools is an asset to be sure, but point is, people will rather mod a good and popular game using lackluster tools (like Skyrim for instance), than they will a lackluster game that has great tools (Like Unreal Tournament 3, which had a great SDK, but the game was pretty damn meh so it never really went anywhere mod-wise).

That's not an attempt to pass judgement on DAI though, i've not followed it clousely so i'm not really sure what to expect. All i'm saying is: Beware the hype, the proof of the pudding is in the eating ;)

I thought UT3 was good.  The story was shit, but the game itself has a lot of replayability in skirmish mode with the right mutators. 

What is an RPG in your opinion?

Do you feel that Shadow of Mordor is an RPG (if you've played it) or perhaps Assassins Creed?

This is just out of curiosity of course :)

I do agree that CDProject should keep making good games though! Even if I hate Geralt, I am very much looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.

It is hard question.

But simply if there is character progression and player can influence outcome of game that is rpg for me.

Of cores there is branches of rpgs and also games with rpg elements like strategies or fps.

CDPRED is rare example of a relatively new game studio that started from pretty much nothing. An underdog.

They began working on the 1st Witcher game around early 2000's and they raised money from European publishers, until it finally came out in 2007.

Look at where they are now - releasing a game that aims to compete with all the 'major' developers out there. And judging by their popularity, game quality and customer service, I think they are 'winning'.

I can go on great lengths at discussing CDPRED (obviously, they're my favorite studio) but I'll stop here.

For me this proofs again it will be a bad console port for PC.

Graphic wise it looks aweful and gameplay it´s just action everytime i see a video even PC it´s with controller and no where to be seen the tactial baldurs gate or dragons age Origin pause positioned seeing menu´s.

But guys this is my persosnal take on the matter if you don´t mind avarage graphics and console port not suited for PC go ahead have fun.

But it won´t get my money.

PC version video played with controller WTF :angry:

Again max 1080p well i know why it will be far from good PC port thats for sure.

Shown for PC gamers well it only shows me why not to by this console crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0G9Np6TqVo

I agree, of course. All I wanted to make sure is: There is a difference between making a game based on something already created by another person, or creating something brandnew, like Bethesda did, or now Bioware. Creating an entire new world, with a history, characters, atmosphere...that's creativity for me, and here Bioware is still ahead of other companies (I hope Obsidian will create something special woth Pillars of Eternity though)

But yes, if the game is fun, I do not care. I just suffer from severe "Advocatus Diaboli"-syndrom and have this urge to defend Bioware a bit, because by now it seems a bit too "hip" to bash them in favour of the "new polish sensation" :lol:

And while I love Geralt as a character, and his posse of insane friends and far too beautiful girls (he is not in to boring blondes, but raven-haired and red haired ones! That alone makes Geralt superior!!!!) ... well, I still am looking forward to play as a human mage, elven rogue or Qunari warrior and save the world of Thedas in multiple playthroughs

Well said.

Both of you should look at the last gen of games and say that again.

Well said.

The vast majority of last gen games were shallow,incomplete,buggy uninspired garbage so what's your point?

On topic

Looks like this game will be a no buy.

A part of me really wants to get this game, but another part of me remembers how much it suffered at the hands of DA2. I dunno if my love for DAO is enough to convince me to get this game after Bioware disappointing me two times in a row. 

Then just wait, for reviews (taken with a grain of salt as always) and user-revies (should be taken with a grain of salt as well, because a lot will bash this game no matter what, and for the slightest things easily forgiven by other games)...

Hmm...which actually makes it pretty hard whether or not to buy? Well, in the end you have to make your own decision. But I will make that one based on THIS game, not on past crimes bioware might have done (which basically, for me, is mostly Mass Effect, DA2 was...well...not was the community expected, and not was Bioware might have intended with more time at hand...)

Well said.

The vast majority of last gen games were shallow,incomplete,buggy uninspired garbage so what's your point?

On topic

It was besides the point, it's disingenuous to say people care about gameplay if they played pretty much any of the last gen games. Bioware games are competent in their gameplay and that's all they need to be, that was never the selling point and even less so now.

Well said.

On topic

It was besides the point, it's disingenuous to say people care about gameplay if they played pretty much any of the last gen games. Bioware games are competent in their gameplay and that's all they need to be, that was never the selling point and even less so now.

As someone whose first experience with DAO was on console, I can testify that you are indeed correct, story trumps gameplay in Bioware games. I luckily had the chance to play it on PC afterwards and it was a whole new experience. 

Uhhhh!!!! Character Creation !!! My favorite part of any RPG! Guess I always wanted to become a plastic surgeon, but that dream never got fullfilled! So this is the next best thing! Love it already, don't care much about body-types...getting the best angle for the nose will be hard enough!

And hopefully they'll release/activate that Dragon Age Keep soon!!!! Can't wait to check this one out

Uhhhh!!!! Character Creation !!! My favorite part of any RPG! Guess I always wanted to become a plastic surgeon, but that dream never got fullfilled! So this is the next best thing! Love it already, don't care much about body-types...getting the best angle for the nose will be hard enough!

And hopefully they'll release/activate that Dragon Age Keep soon!!!! Can't wait to check this one out

And Dragon Age Keep will require Origin if you want to access that.

I must agree with you, this character creation is impressive, I was amazed and pleasantly surprised. :)

edit: we will this one month still to withstand, but then it goes finally going on. ;)

Yay open corridor world! :D :D :D :D

No seriously what is this? This isn't Dragon Age anymore nor a RPG, but a hack n slash corridor action game with fancy graphics and way too much put into marketing instead of development. Gameplay shit, graphics good. Go figure devs no longer care about games. Only how pretty and over hyped they can make it to lure in the gullible. $60 my ass.  Stick with Origins. The first and last of DA. EA only knows how to fuck things up all the more. Can't wait to see the shit they make Star Wars Battlefront into. Battlefield 4 reskinned and shittier unstable product for $60 and $300 worth of DLC outside the store which will contain $50,000 worth of over priced scams just like the Sims. Oh yes we should oh so get ready and pray our wallets/bank accounts have enough to feed the monstrous leech that is EA.

Outside that the character creation looks improved at least...but still not worth $60 or the $200 'deluxe editions' developers just LOVE to chuck at our faces.

Yay open corridor world! :D :D :D :D

No seriously what is this? This isn't Dragon Age anymore nor a RPG, but a hack n slash corridor action game with fancy graphics and way too much put into marketing instead of development. Gameplay shit, graphics good. Go figure devs no longer care about games. Only how pretty and over hyped they can make it to lure in the gullible. $60 my ass.  Stick with Origins. The first and last of DA. EA only knows how to fuck things up all the more. Can't wait to see the shit they make Star Wars Battlefront into. Battlefield 4 reskinned and shittier unstable product for $60 and $300 worth of DLC outside the store which will contain $50,000 worth of over priced scams just like the Sims. Oh yes we should oh so get ready and pray our wallets/bank accounts have enough to feed the monstrous leech that is EA.

Outside that the character creation looks improved at least...but still not worth $60 or the $200 'deluxe editions' developers just LOVE to chuck at our faces.

HA HA, loud laughing, poor america 60 dollars, 200 dollars, a joke or. in Germany, the maximum price is for a "good" PC game 45-49 Euro, special edition for 99 euros. why whining just all about EA, I had and have no problem with this company. you could whine about every other company, whine also bethesda, each subsequent game is worse than the first game of a series.

Archived