Uploading version 3.3 for SexLab 32-bit only. I don't plan on spending time releasing this for any other version, just sayin'.

This adds a quest for Legate Rikke - through Civil War, Imperial side.

In preparation of doing a final Elisif Quest (as requested by my contest winner) where the player can take Elisif on a journey, Civil War needs to be a settled matter.  To this end, here's something with Rikke to add a little Amorous seasoning to the Civil War crap sandwich.

This adds 78 lines of dialogue for Rikke.  There's not much to it, besides talking to her at the right times during Civil War.  That said, it still took a couple weeks of my free time to do the voice work.

Next up - that Elisif quest.  I wouldn't expect that anytime before July / August.

Thanks!

AmorousAdventuresQuestStages-Rikke_Dont_Lose_That_Battle.txt

7 hours ago, FoxFingers said:

Next up - that Elisif quest.  I wouldn't expect that anytime before July / August.

:thumbsup:

This is not a race. You take as much time as you like, and we still love your work!

Hurrah for the new quest!!!

Have these many hearts, sent to the tunes of Steely Dan:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Here's a question for the Lore Heads out there.

There are many Daedric and Aedric (Divine) quests in Skyrim.  But you know who doesn't have a quest - Talos.  Considering the Civil War and much of what's going on in Skyrim is all about Talos worship issues, that seems odd.

Speculate, if you care to... If there was a Talos Aedric Quest in Skyrim, what would Talos be interested in achieving?

We know the Talmor would be all over any hint of a Talos quest happening.  I'm guessing the Thalmor are attempting to stamp out Talos worship in order to diminish the power of Talos as a Divine, for their own reasons.

Anyways, if you have any Lore-related thoughts on what a Talos Aedric Quest would be in Skyrim, let me know.

OK then: here the first idea:

Talos became a deity for uniting all nations of Tamriel in one empire.

So, maybe that's a nice lore-friendly treat while maintaining the vanilla tensions and without resolving too much drama at the wrong place.

For the quest, we could emphasize almost every word of that and construct the most complex stories around that

• unite vs. divide
  • all nations vs. some nations
  • one empire vs many kingdoms
  • etc ....

While I don't really have a great idea on how Talos would fit with an actual Skyrim quest, I found this thread pretty interesting about what Talos is and why the Thalmor may be trying to kill him https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/1mw4vx/why_is_talos_killing_a_snake_and_two_other/.  Other mods like Interesting NPCs and The Wheels of Lull also touch on Talos/Tiber Septim and his divinity in different ways (Wheels of Lull has lots of references/books referencing TES origin lore ect - I honestly though it was mostly made up as a Skyrim-only TES nooblet).

Below is all speculation from someone who has never actually read a TES book or played most of the older games, so take with a pound of salt:

Basic jist of it and where I think a relevant quest may make sense for Skyrim with all of its Thalmor stuff - as far as I understand it the Thalmor are working to destroy Talos as a deity by suppressing his worship to the point he is not look at anymore as a god and/or is rejected by the public at large.  Skyrim interests them because the Nords are some of the most devout followers of Talos and the least likely to accept the Treaty banning his worship.  The actual reason the Thalmor want to do this is because they have an overall religious goal of, for lack of a better description, destroying the world so they can return to a "pure" existence as energy/spirits and Talos' worship interferes with that. 

The follower mod Ambriel (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78762/) is a good Skyrim quest w/ follower mod, and in that mod Talos has been drained to the point that he has almost been stripped of his divinity and as such appeals to the player as Tiber Septim the man.  Similar story in Interesting NPCs, altho in that mod Talos doesn't appear but NPCs are afraid he will be "killed" by being cut off from his followers.  I think it would make sense for a Talos quest to follow a similar theme - Thalmor are doing something specifically detrimental to Talos/Tiber Septim to the point that he needs to directly ask the player for help.  Player stops dastardly Thalmor plot, in order to temporarily keep Talos sustained.

At least until TES: VI - Secunda Moonwalk edition.

I'm not too deep into the lore, so I brushed up a little on UESP. I guess how Talos is perceived really depends on who you side with, the Nords or the Thalmor (or people that just don't care either way). Much of the empire agreed to the banning of Talos worship in order to end the war. They just wanted peace after all the death. If you side with the Nords, Talos ascended for uniting the empire. If you side with the Thalmor, Talos was a power hungry warlord that usurped control of Thalmor territory and colluded with the undead (and I guess didn't ascend). At least, that's what I came away with after all the reading I did.

So, in keeping with the whole Civil War theme, I think maintaining ambiguity over who and what Talos was and his motivations were would be a good idea. That way it doesn't lend any credibility to either side. There are multiple accounts for who Talos really was and they differ pretty heavily. I think at the current time period in Skyrim, its just long enough away from Talos' death that no one can remember what Talos was really like, and its not long away for history to have firmly decided. That's what allows the tension in Skyrim to exist. Everyone is both right and wrong. Thats probably why there wasn't a Talos quest in Skyrim to begin with. Perhaps Bethesda will "answer" that in a future Elder Scrolls game. By "answer" I mean have history decide it, not provide a factual account.

Good responses, thanks!

I'm finding that the thing about having Elisif for a follower to do quests with is that Elisif - the game character - isn't that fun.

She's an Un-aggressive , low-level NPC of the Citizen class.  So I made a new Elisif - a combat ranger that's pretty sweet.

She looks like Elisif, talks like Elisif and can do quests involving dungeons or whatnot.

I'm searching for a Lore-ish reason for Elisif to have a more martial Doppleganger of herself running around for the purposes of a final Elisif Quest.  Kind of leaning towards Talos involvement. 

elisif-follower-2.png

elisif-follower-1.png

elisif-follower-3.png

9 minutes ago, FoxFingers said:

Good responses, thanks!

I'm finding that the thing about having Elisif for a follower to do quests with is that Elisif - the game character - isn't that fun.

She's an aggressive , low-level NPC of the Citizen class.  So I made a new Elisif - a combat ranger that's pretty sweet.

She looks like Elisif, talks like Elisif and can do quests involving dungeons or whatnot.

I'm searching for a Lore-ish reason for Elisif to have a more martial Doppleganger of herself running around for the purposes of a final Elisif Quest.  Kind of leaning towards Talos involvement. 

Sounds like a great take to me, and also probably the best way to open up the character to your own artistic impression (both mechanically and story wise).  Plus in the swashbuckler vein, the damsel in a filigree cage sneaking out back and putting on a dirty tunic to go on adventures against the wishes of her advisers (while still having perfect hair, you don't pay actresses to look like actual medieval peasants) IMO fits the tone of AA just fine.

Edit:  Could have some shades of Joan of Arc in with a story like that, if Talos spoke to her about a danger to her people.  Ties in well with her earlier AA content as well, with the whole "Temple of the Eight Divines and one very awkward empty alcove" scene.

1 hour ago, FoxFingers said:

Good responses, thanks!

She's an Un-aggressive , low-level NPC of the Citizen class.  So I made a new Elisif - a combat ranger that's pretty sweet.

Perhaps a better explanation for a doppelganger is that General Tulius provided one for her? And then that the war is over the doppelganger is still there because Stormcloak remnants/spies may try a desperate attempt at assassination?

At least for a few more months/years. I get the feeling when I've interacted and heard other npcs talking about Elisif is that she was basically a "trophy wife" before the whole duel/execution thing with Ulfric. Sheltered and truly unware of how cruel the world could be and her husband getting murdered in front of her was quite the wake up call.

But yes, for at least game-play reasons, you'll have to create a copy of Elisif due to the OG Elisif isn't suited to combat at all.

Perhaps you can make this a point during the quest-line that maybe Elisif wants to see more of Skyrim and how it's recovering "post-war", and have the Dragonborn give her a few combat lessons to make sure she can somewhat handle herself.

Maybe they'll get quite hot and heavy afterwards? Blood rushing and emotions running high and all that :smiley:

Also, it's good to see you back and some from fox! It's been a while and I've really enjoyed your previous work with Serana! I'm starting up a new playthrough and I still never get tired of playing through the quests!

Too bad really......I don't do the CW.........ever. Well, now I guess I will have to. Even though when it's done, it feels like Skyrim is broken. But new content is new content, so I gotta try it.

Well, maybe nord royalty still get combat training as they grow up. Maybe she's tired of being stuck in the castle tending to bureaucratic stuff all the time and being clueless about the civil war. Maybe she wants to get out there and see what it's like for herself. Maybe her experiences outside the castle with you help to inspire her to be a better queen with you by her side. Or maybe those same experiences inspire her to run away from it all with you forever. 

4 hours ago, FoxFingers said:

Good responses, thanks!

It's actually fine lore-wise to just straight up assume she's got training. Nobles were expected to lead the military and had formal training. There's no reason Elisif would have been any different. I think the biggest problem with Elisif from a lore perspective is that she's an idiot.

6 hours ago, fringecosmos said:

I'm not too deep into the lore, so I brushed up a little on UESP. I guess how Talos is perceived really depends on who you side with, the Nords or the Thalmor (or people that just don't care either way). Much of the empire agreed to the banning of Talos worship in order to end the war. They just wanted peace after all the death. If you side with the Nords, Talos ascended for uniting the empire. If you side with the Thalmor, Talos was a power hungry warlord that usurped control of Thalmor territory and colluded with the undead (and I guess didn't ascend). At least, that's what I came away with after all the reading I did.

So, in keeping with the whole Civil War theme, I think maintaining ambiguity over who and what Talos was and his motivations were would be a good idea. That way it doesn't lend any credibility to either side. There are multiple accounts for who Talos really was and they differ pretty heavily. I think at the current time period in Skyrim, its just long enough away from Talos' death that no one can remember what Talos was really like, and its not long away for history to have firmly decided. That's what allows the tension in Skyrim to exist. Everyone is both right and wrong. Thats probably why there wasn't a Talos quest in Skyrim to begin with. Perhaps Bethesda will "answer" that in a future Elder Scrolls game. By "answer" I mean have history decide it, not provide a factual account.

I agree with this thought. So much of what Bethesda writes into Skyrim is intentially ambiguous in order to have the player create their own answers and stories. The issue here is that Bethesda never actually confirms that Tiber Septim actually ascended and that it's more or less Nord legend. And that the Thalmor could actually be correct.

If I had to write a quest for Elisif, I'd make her innocence, naivety and ignorance in the court feigned. And I'd have her have some really dark secrets that maybe Sybile knows about and that her forward appearance is all an act. And that there really was a deeper connection to her past with the Hagraven's dark magic.

Probably...I'd make her a Necromancer and give her a connection to The Wolf Queen. Maybe the the summoning ritual in the cave was actually her doing?

"Oh Elisif, you naughty girl!"

Some random-ish thoughts since I forgot the other idea I was going to agree with... though I do like the "sneaking out the back" idea.

We've saved her life, and possibly her soul, in prior AA quests. Having her go out and about with us would make sense if things have settled down enough that a double could pose as her or daily court functions can be set aside for some reason or another. Perhaps some story could be put out that she's away visiting each of the hold capitals to drum up support for a moot meeting or something... though that may or may not be what we do on our walkabout quest.

From The Ten Commands of the Nine Divines:

5. Talos says: Be strong for war. Be bold against enemies and evil, and defend the people of Tamriel.

The Nine say: Above all else, be good to one another.

and

He [Talos] became the patron of the Empire and all its ideals of civilization, as well as those who go to war to defend it.

Maybe she's decided that she needs to get out and know her people so she can better defend them, and needs to experience civilization as some of her advisors shot down some of her less than thought ideas.  I don't have a good source of quotes right now, but some of the things she says from time to time make me think she's not a native. Them or they are used instead of We, (ex: while I am probably remembering it wrong, she said that Torygg worshiped Talos but she doesn't and placing the horn at a shrine is their custom. They = worshipers or local nords?).

Possibly you could continue your use of existing quests and have us visit each jarl with her (possibly in disguise) and get a radiant quest from the steward or a repeatable quest an NPC might have ( wouldn't want to wait to rescue Vald for example, just so that was available ) as a way to do something to help the local people. Possibly you could create a radiant "fetch" quest instead, picking a random NPC from the hold, a random jewelry item and a random bandit or animal lair location the way the Missive and Notice Board mod do.  Potentially instead a "speak to an NPC" though that involved more voice cutting.... When she has an idea of the hold we could chat with the local jarl in either an expression of appreciation for their ongoing support or allowing them to pledge their support (if installed as a replacement jarl).

@FoxFingers Need to ask. There is way to many posts in the tread to find what I looking for, have used this mod for ages and love it. :)

You have in this mod several quest lines that ends up in places there you have dragonpriest masks.

My issue is that, in my current save I have all masks placed at their stand in Underground bathhouse.

Did update to your latest version the other day, roaming around doing the Serana quest, picking up the last mask for placing it in the bathhouse.

When I do come there all is gone?

According to SkyComplete https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60445
It says that I dont have them anymore and they are at the places where they should be found.

Did also load one old save where I have the masks, and it says the same thing.

I cant really rollback saves, since it is around 50 hours and that save there I did have them is dated. 08 May.

So my question is, Do this mod tutching the masks in anyway?

If not I need to find the culprit.
I can whith ease do the quest again and pick them up.

16 hours ago, FoxFingers said:

How about a twist similar as in Starwars with Princess Padme Amidala and her handmaidens?

Oh and don't worry about story-stealing issues ... that twist is veeeeery old ;)

*rushes off to the book shelf to flip a bit through Shakespear and Cervantes*

7 hours ago, Uncle64 said:

@FoxFingers Need to ask. There is way to many posts in the tread to find what I looking for, have used this mod for ages and love it. :)

You have in this mod several quest lines that ends up in places there you have dragonpriest masks.

My issue is that, in my current save I have all masks placed at their stand in Underground bathhouse.

Did update to your latest version the other day, roaming around doing the Serana quest, picking up the last mask for placing it in the bathhouse.

When I do come there all is gone?

According to SkyComplete https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60445
It says that I dont have them anymore and they are at the places where they should be found.

Did also load one old save where I have the masks, and it says the same thing.

I cant really rollback saves, since it is around 50 hours and that save there I did have them is dated. 08 May.

So my question is, Do this mod tutching the masks in anyway?

If not I need to find the culprit.
I can whith ease do the quest again and pick them up.

i would like to know that as well