IGNORED

Amox's ChocoElf Recretaion Research

Maybe i can help somehow. I've got the diablo elf that uses the xeo face which you can extract from. I'm at work right now but when i'm home i will send the diablo elf file you can look into. It has the same face and body textures you mentioned. Hope i can help you guys out after work :D

• 2 weeks later...

My char still has a bit of texture in her face. It doesn't look smooth enough (see attachment). bFaceGenTexturing=0.

Here's my load order:

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

x117race.esm

xeorace.esm

xeoracex117.esm

xeoex.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp

IDKRRR_C_race.esp

I also attempted to import a face file from one of you guys via Wrye Bash, but the hair, eyes, and seemingly everything else fails to import and looks awful.

Also, I don't understand why I would need the x117 race and xeoracex117. I don't want my character to be a midget, so what's the point?

Edit: To isolate the issue, I'm running absolutely no other mods other than the ones listed above, and I still can't get the faces to look right. I'm on the right race, I deleted the _n.dds files in the textures folder, I used BOSS to sort my mods, I maxed the glossy on all necessary body parts, but it doesn't seem to matter. My guess is it's an issue with how I'm installing the mods or the order I should install them in. Hell, I cant even get the Beautiful People Chocolate Elf body to not show up as purple without relying on the other Chocolate Elf alternative off the Nexus - that's a huge glaring sign that's somethings f*ed up on my end.

Edit #2: I'm thinking the issue is I don't use Wrye Bash. I've went ahead and installed it. What do you guys usually bash together? All of it?

post-205-13597870778174_thumb.jpg

Also' date=' I don't understand why I would need the x117 race and xeoracex117. I don't want my character to be a midget, so what's the point?

[/quote']

I think its more for if you plan to use TamagoClub and associated mods. You can probably skip it. Probably...

Edit #2: I'm thinking the issue is I don't use Wrye Bash. I've went ahead and installed it. What do you guys usually bash together? All of it?

Pretty much everything bash-able with the python version, yes. Cbash is still not quite ready for prime time.

Ahh, apparently my bFaceGenTexturing in the saves .ini was reset on me, so all this time, I thought I was set to 0. Something I did reset it back to 1, oh well.

Also, I found out the Chocolate Elves Xeo head belongs not to the Chocolate Elves folder, but rather is the XeoElf_Head001 in the XEO folder, so all this time, I was editing the glossiness of the wrong face! Now I'm looking a lot better (see attachment). Of course, the body tone doesn't match the face, but for some reason the XEO Chocolate body wont let me edit the tone in showracemenu, so I might have to change races :(.

Sorry for double post. How did you guys get your Moonshadow Elves eyes and hair into your game? Through Construction Set? If so, my xeoex.esp crashes every time I attempt to save the file. I've tried the following:

- Converting it to version 0.8 via Wrye Bash.

- Disabling my UAC (I'm on Windows 7).

- Oblivion is outside my main hard drive on my secondary HD, so UAC shouldn't touch it, even if it was enabled.

- Plugging in my mic (I heard that helps).

- Opening and saving only xeoex esp

- Opening and saving the xeoex esp plus opening other esp's that might potentially share resources with it.

- Reinstalling the Construction Set (latest version).

The xeorace.esm seemingly has the XEO Chocolate Elf data, but I apparently can't save a .esm in Construction Set, as I can't make a .esm active. It has to be the xeoex esp that is active, and that's the one that always crashes when I save. Yes, it's true I could play as a different race and add the hairs/eyes to that race, but I'd rather play as a XEO Chocolate Elf :).

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know of an alternative to get hairs and eyes into my game while playing as a XEO Chocolate Elf without having to save xeoex.esp?

If someone does have a xeoex edited file with the eyes/hair, could someone upload it?

Never had these issues, but back in the day I installed XEO -after- trying the Moonshadow race on a separate basis.

I must also add that I didn't activate the .esp for XEO, just the xeorace .esm modules (base and x117 - total beautification seemed a bit too extreme at the time, though I might try that someday).

My latest XEO Choco, Lyra, seems to be working fine so far -- hairstyles included.

EDIT - Almost forgot, look up Ryan's annotations here (and the rest of the thread ):

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=13&pid=29698#pid29698

I got it! She doesn't look like the Chocolate Elf in the topic, but that's because I didn't want her to. My char is now fully glossed up, with proper race, glossed armor, and Moonshadow eyes. I even added a cute subtle mole on her face.

To get the eyes to work, I did what someone recommend via Nexus and I added the hair/eye mod as a master via Wrye Bash. This allowed it to appear in the "showracemenu" without me having to add the hair and eyes into the xeoex.esp plugin.

Using GlossMax, I was easily able to convert all my favorite armors to be compatible with my glossy skin. Furthermore, since I'm using a race that doesn't share skin or armor with other npc's, these changes are exclusive to my character. The exception is the boob size, but since standard Oblivion armor uses a small boob mesh anyways, female npc's still look like their default counterparts.

Phew, three days and hundreds of edits later... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

post-205-13597870798069_thumb.jpg

post-205-13597870798579_thumb.jpg

I got it! She doesn't look like the Chocolate Elf in the topic' date=' but that's because I didn't want her to. My char is now fully glossed up, with proper race, glossed armor, and Moonshadow eyes. I even added a cute subtle mole on her face.

To get the eyes to work, I did what someone recommend via Nexus and I added the hair/eye mod as a master via Wrye Bash. This allowed it to appear in the "showracemenu" without me having to add the hair and eyes into the xeoex.esp plugin.

Using GlossMax, I was easily able to convert all my favorite armors to be compatible with my glossy skin. Furthermore, since I'm using a race that doesn't share skin or armor with other npc's, these changes are exclusive to my character. The exception is the boob size, but since standard Oblivion armor uses a small boob mesh anyways, female npc's still look like their default counterparts.

Phew, three days and hundreds of edits later... [i']MISSION ACCOMPLISHED![/i]

Wow, looks great! Could you please share that body and clothes mesh?

As far as I'm concerned it's ordinary DMRA body.

By the way, I've got a little problem. My precious character's eyes are messed up. I don't know how did it get so bad. The only thing I've been changing lately (apart from installing some clothes) was reinstalling the Moonshadow Elves. I've checked the Chocolate Elf race in the Construction Set and everything seems to be alright. What the hell could happen and, the more important thing, how can I fix it?

I don't want to touch anything in the Xeo and MBP on my own as I've forgotten few things. Last time I've modified it was over a year ago.

Fjx9m.jpg

This is how it looks x|

I got it! She doesn't look like the Chocolate Elf in the topic' date=' but that's because I didn't want her to. My char is now fully glossed up, with proper race, glossed armor, and Moonshadow eyes. I even added a cute subtle mole on her face.

Phew, three days and hundreds of edits later... [i']MISSION ACCOMPLISHED![/i]

Wow, looks great! Could you please share that body and clothes mesh?

Clothing is called "SPB BC Suit 11" in-game, from Speedbuster Collection. Unfortunately, I can't find it in the folder, but I know it's there. You're better off just downloading the mod yourself and throwing all the files into GlossMax. There are a shitload of Speedbuster clothes in this mod.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24131

http://www.mediafire.com/?nq1vh7m64a5eue5 (GlossMax)

Char is...

Breasts: Double Melon BBB

Hair: SKS 18

Eyes: Moonshadow Green

Race: Chocolate Elf XEO

I've never uploaded a lvl 1 save before, so I hope this works for you:

http://www.davidjscott.com/misc/chocElf_ReMeDy_Save.zip

As far as I'm concerned it's ordinary DMRA body.

By the way' date=' I've got a little problem. My precious character's eyes are messed up. I don't know how did it get so bad. The only thing I've been changing lately (apart from installing some clothes) was reinstalling the Moonshadow Elves. I've checked the Chocolate Elf race in the Construction Set and everything seems to be alright. What the hell could happen and, the more important thing, how can I fix it?

I don't want to touch anything in the Xeo and MBP on my own as I've forgotten few things. Last time I've modified it was over a year ago.

[img']http://i.imgur.com/Fjx9m.jpg[/img]

This is how it looks x|

I actually have a similar issue, only it's isolated to a single Bruma Guard and only with one eye... weird. It looks like your black eye isn't a Moonshadow eye either. What you could do is what I did to force the game to recognize the eyes by taking this "hairs/eyes only" Moonshadow mod, give it a master file, and enable them. Worst case scenario is it doesn't work and you simply remove it.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31085

Basically once you install the .esp and the data files, you right-click the .esp in Wrye Bash, then "copy to esm." Then you select both files. This forces the eyes to show up in the showracemenu, since master files have a high priority over .esp files. Hopefully that would fix it as soon as you load the game. If not, reselect the eyes in showracemenu.

Nah, sadly this didn't work. The thing that confuses me is that Moonshadow Elves have different eye model than Lop-Ear Elves (those whom eyes are the Chocolate Elves using). I don't know what have I messed up, but after reinstall it seems that Moonshadow Eyes' texture doesn't fit the eye model the character is using. Damn, could someone share his/her Textures\Characters\Moonshadow Elves\Eyes folder (of course on condition that the Moonshadow Eyes work fine with Chocolate Elves)?

Where would I find the skin that Xeo Chocolate Elf uses? I tried using TES to figure it out, but for body it only shows me the .dds files it links to and not the nif files. I'm guessing it's the normal female body parts in the _male folder? I have an issue where my body skin is slightly off hue from my face.

Thanks Amox' date=' now another noob question. How do I go about editing a .dds file? It cant be opened in nifskope from what I can see, so I can't adjust the hue/glossiness? Or do the chocolate textures reference to the _male female.nif files?

[/quote']

Adobe Photoshop or similiar program that support the *dds format

• 3 weeks later...

-sigh- I'm having the devil of a time getting these chocolate elves to work. now the body of my elf is purple which means the texture is missing but I can't find out where it is. I went to the chocolate folder in textures and manually placed the textures and nothing, then I went to the XEO folder and manually added the textures and its still purple I'm at a lost

-sigh- I'm having the devil of a time getting these chocolate elves to work. now the body of my elf is purple which means the texture is missing but I can't find out where it is. I went to the chocolate folder in textures and manually placed the textures and nothing' date=' then I went to the XEO folder and manually added the textures and its still purple I'm at a lost

[/quote']

Are they assigned correctly to the mesh in Nifscope?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very sorry if this is a tad off topic, but my question is Chocolate related.

Is there a mini-chocolate race for the x117 plug in? I have an array of mini-races from the current x117 version and such, but I don't recall seeing such.

Anyone seen anything like this anywhere?

I'm very sorry if this is a tad off topic' date=' but my question is Chocolate related.

Is there a mini-chocolate race for the x117 plug in? I have an array of mini-races from the current x117 version and such, but I don't recall seeing such.

[/quote']

I have a chocolate-skinned lop-eared elf mini in my game. I believe it's from x117 race plus plus, available on the Nexus.

On-topic, I have OBGE installed, and I notice that when I crank up the saturation, my girl's skin looks much more chocolatey. I currently have it set to 1.75 (default is 1.0). Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

I'm very sorry if this is a tad off topic' date=' but my question is Chocolate related.

[/quote']

I have a chocolate-skinned lop-eared elf mini in my game. I believe it's from x117 race plus plus, available on the Nexus.

Yea, I have the normal sized Chocolate Lop too, but not the mini. Didnt look as if the current Nexus 117plus had it either.

No worries though. Thanks anyway. If anyone else knows something though I'm all ears.