Amox's ChocoElf Recretaion Research

Honestly, I think the lips are fine but for sure I need to tweak the chin some more. Also, now that I've gotten a different perspective of fg109's version thanks to your screenshots, unfortunately I have to point out that his elf is suffering from the same problem that I'm encountering when dealing with the eyes: it's way too slanted. If we want to get the same look as Kari's elf, we have to be able to maintain the "horizontal" alignment of the eyes while still making her look Asian... that's the challenge. I'm currently fighting with this as we speak, but I think I'll do it after I get the chin right lol. :)

UPDATE: Okay, after analyzing my own screenshot some more, it does seem like the lips do need work after all. In particular, it seems like the underbite needs to be a tad bit fuller.  :-\

here i try to make face like that guy\"kari\" too.

and my results is this.

screenshot122k.jpg

;D

Adorable. :) I like her outfit' date=' too.

But man, am I the only one not getting the chin right? You, Amox, and just about everyone else here has it... Well, I did some tweaks earlier with my ChocoElf so I'll be posting a newer screenshot soon...

Who says kari is a guy ?? :D

True. :)

Mmmm I noticed something.

I tried to use MiniAKIBA's face but my textures still have that light-gray-ish tone' date=' not the warm dusky tones in the screenshots from you guys.

I am missing something? ;_;

[/quote']

Not sure if you've already done the step of "glossifying" the skins, but if not pink was able to give us a mini-tutorial on how to do it (assuming you're okay with messing around with Nifskope): http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?topic=38.msg135#msg135

Alternatively, Donkey linked us to a program called GlossyMax that automates it for you, but you just need to drag and drop the files that you want glossified: http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?topic=38.msg509#msg509

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is that maybe you're actually looking at the results of OBGE shaders that we have installed. :)

BTW, I've updated my "nightly build" of my Chocolate Elf, which I'll be uploading soon when I get home. It's much better than the save that I uploaded recently IMO but it's still not an exact replica of Kari's, if you're okay with that lol. :)

Mmmm I noticed something.

I tried to use MiniAKIBA's face but my textures still have that light-gray-ish tone' date=' not the warm dusky tones in the screenshots from you guys.

I am missing something? ;_;

[/quote']

Not sure if you've already done the step of "glossifying" the skins, but if not pink was able to give us a mini-tutorial on how to do it (assuming you're okay with messing around with Nifskope): http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?topic=38.msg135#msg135

Alternatively, Donkey linked us to a program called GlossyMax that automates it for you, but you just need to drag and drop the files that you want glossified: http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?topic=38.msg509#msg509

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is that maybe you're actually looking at the results of OBGE shaders that we have installed. :)

BTW, I've updated my "nightly build" of my Chocolate Elf, which I'll be uploading soon when I get home. It's much better than the save that I uploaded recently IMO but it's still not an exact replica of Kari's, if you're okay with that lol. :)

I am familiar with nifskope :P I've put together a few armor mesh replaces using it. I did the glossy step too, but still the skin is too grayish. Ah well, I guess it is because of OBSE.

Also, I can't wait to see your new save! XD

Yeah, it's probably due to OBGE. When I hit the tab button on my keyboard to access the character menu, I do notice my ChocoElf has a grayish tint also. But because of my ColorEffects.fx shader through OBGE, the saturation level is a tad bit higher and therefore the character gets a more dark-brownish tone.

Thanks, hopefully I'll remember to upload the save. :)

I am familiar with nifskope :P I've put together a few armor mesh replaces using it. I did the glossy step too' date=' but still the skin is too grayish. Ah well, I guess it is because of OBSE.

Also, I can't wait to see your new save! XD

[/quote']

?di=412995471791

Save >> http://www.mediafire.com/?owfanwhgog79jax

I'm still fighting with the eyes but at least it's got that horizontal alignment I've been looking for. It's tough making her look Asian without slanting the eyes inward though. As for the chin, I hope I got it right this time. It should be rounder and sloping downward much smoother than before.

^

^^^

^^^^

Great work!! allmost look like her.just only of eye and eyebow that a little bit Different.

Thanks. :) Yeah' date=' the eyes are hard to do. I need to work on the brow (and possibly forehead) sliders simultaneously with the actual eye sliders, too. This is probably gonna be the longest part of the face that I'll have to deal with.

[b']UPDATE[/b]: Posting another comparison screenshot. I'm noticing that my chin probably needs to be a little longer but it's also possible that the angle from which I took my screenshot is causing the difference in appearance. If anything, I can't tell whether or not I need to elongate the face or make it thinner, or both... And of course, the eyes still need work; I may need to push them closer together.

choco.jpg

Which version of ChocoElf are you guys using, XEO or REN? And also, where did you guys get the tatoos? I've searched all around, but have yet to get the elf you guys are using (sans body replacer). Please, If i missed something obvious, feel free to point it out.

Which version of ChocoElf are you guys using' date=' XEO or REN? And also, where did you guys get the tatoos? I've searched all around, but have yet to get the elf you guys are using (sans body replacer). Please, If i missed something obvious, feel free to point it out.

[/quote']

Chocolate Elf XEO, and the tattoos you should get by default when installing a XEO pack. If you need to manually insert the tattoos, get it here: http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?topic=132.0

UPDATE: Posting another comparison screenshot. I'm noticing that my chin probably needs to be a little longer but it's also possible that the angle from which I took my screenshot is causing the difference in appearance. If anything, I can't tell whether or not I need to elongate the face or make it thinner, or both... And of course, the eyes still need work; I may need to push them closer together.

She looks a bit too happy. Besides, the face needs to be a few bits thinner. I think the eyes have to be fixed in the Construction Set.

I think I'll stick to fg109's version :P

attachment.php?attachmentid=188493&d=1299275756

UPDATE: Posting another comparison screenshot. I'm noticing that my chin probably needs to be a little longer but it's also possible that the angle from which I took my screenshot is causing the difference in appearance. If anything' date=' I can't tell whether or not I need to elongate the face or make it thinner, or both... And of course, the eyes still need work; I may need to push them closer together.[/quote']

She looks a bit too happy. Besides, the face needs to be a few bits thinner. I think the eyes have to be fixed in the Construction Set.

I think I'll stick to fg109's version :P

attachment.php?attachmentid=188493&d=1299275756

The happy look should be easily resolved by just making the lips a few notches sadder. I kinda had a feeling the face needed to be thinner, too. It was that or make it somewhat longer. As for the eyes... well, I won't give up on the ingame character creation mode just yet. :)

Is Ryou44 involved in authoring Xeo in any way? 

His site has every major Xeo/Xeorc update plus a bunch of polls. 

There's some posts which seem indicate he's using a lot of his character designs in Xeosp, I think one part he says that Xeo has the face settings as his choco-elf.  I can't understand the posts 100%, so it could just be him screwing around with his own game, but maybe not...

fg109chocotest.jpg

So I decided to try out fg109's rendition of Kari's infamous Chocolate Elf. (NOTE: Forgive me for the weird angle and pose. I had to take the screenshot in such a way as to simulate the lighting conditions similar to that of the original.) What you see above is a face import via Wrye Bash; no other changes were made to the face in the game. I have to say it's a good attempt, but still with differences.

With a few tweaks I'm sure this elf can get pretty close to Kari's. One thing that stands out the most for me are the eyes. Maybe it was just an accidental shot that I took, but she does seem a bit cross-eyed. I think spreading them apart a bit might work. They also seem inwardly slanted though, which seems to be plaguing us all right now, but at least it does have the right almond shape overall. If anything, the eyebrows seem correct. The nose and lips seem to be spot-on, too. The cheeks and chin could use some work though, as they don't seem to be sloping downward smoothly enough. They almost look like my earlier builds now that I think about it.

It's a really good attempt, but at the moment I think evangelion and Amox's builds are probably the better ones in terms of reproducing Kari's version. In the meantime, I'll try to work on mine as well as fg109's to see how far we can go with this. :)

Is Ryou44 involved in authoring Xeo in any way? 

His site has every major Xeo/Xeorc update plus a bunch of polls. 

There's some posts which seem indicate he's using a lot of his character designs in Xeosp' date=' I think one part he says that Xeo has the face settings as his choco-elf.  I can't understand the posts 100%, so it could just be him screwing around with his own game, but maybe not...

[/quote']

Good question and I would say that she probably has a major role in the release of XEO packs, or at least the XEORC line of works. In fact, didn't she release XEORC4 v1.5 not too long ago? I wouldn't be surprised if she has some "proprietary" (for a lack of a better word) face that she uses for most of her models, which as you already know is what we're all trying to replicate here lol. But who knows, maybe she just has insider connections to the actual authors of the XEO packs.

;D  thanks for your save miniAKIBA.

Now i can make that too.

screenshot82l.jpg

i use miniAKIBA face to make this. do you like it?

Here my save file.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197614&p=2797489#post2797489

Very nice. Good choice of armor on the second screenshot. :)

2010100108065353f.jpg

I don't know if you've seen this screenshot. It proves that on the previous one Kari's elf was in a middle of some facial expression.

It's a really good attempt, but at the moment I think evangelion and Amox's builds are probably the better ones in terms of reproducing Kari's version.

Lol, what?

2010100108065353f.jpg

I don't know if you've seen this screenshot. It proves that on the previous one Kari's elf was in a middle of some facial expression.

Ah' date=' I see. I knew something was definitely up. What's even more interesting is how her expression is like a cross between sad and angry, though I suppose the actual shape of the brows (and psosibly forehead also) may have a part in it.

It's a really good attempt' date=' but at the moment I think evangelion and [b']Amox's[/b] builds are probably the better ones in terms of reproducing Kari's version.

Lol, what?

Yeah, didn't you have some WIP's? I always thought you did a great job on those and I kept referring to this thread thinking you'd post more updates...

EDIT: Well, I guess I'll take another break from this whole ChocoElf thing. I must have spent three weeks on this which is crazy even for my standards. For every little tweak I make, I create a whole new person, but never exactly like Kari's. I'm not discouraged or anything as I still intend on fixing up my work some more, but I am burnt out as we speak. Besides, I'm content with what I have so far even though it's not anything like Kari's. I plan on focusing more on actual xLovers-related stuff for the time being, like Galgat's LoversCrowningIsle as well as formerly-Donkey's TamagoClub. But I'll still be checking out this thread since it's cool to see people's renditions of Kari's ChocoElf.  :P