I'm not sure if this a bug or other mods interfering, there are no options/slots for face tattoos. Strangely, there is a menu for face tattoos in the MCM, but the menu is blank, there are no slots. Not sure when this cropped up, it's been a while since I looked into any other menu other than for body tats, but I have been able to apply face tats before using 1.1.1. Any ideas what may be the cause?

I'm having a similar problem, face tattoos is blank and several of the other section are greyed out.

I've been using slavetats for a long time this is the first time it has happened.

changing the nioverride didn't help

Using Mod Organizer? Make sure you edit the right nioverride.ini file.

Thanks for the hint on where to look ,I've noticed face tattoos were missing but couldn't figure out why.

I'm not sure if this a bug or other mods interfering, there are no options/slots for face tattoos. Strangely, there is a menu for face tattoos in the MCM, but the menu is blank, there are no slots. Not sure when this cropped up, it's been a while since I looked into any other menu other than for body tats, but I have been able to apply face tats before using 1.1.1. Any ideas what may be the cause?

I'm having a similar problem, face tattoos is blank and several of the other section are greyed out.

I've been using slavetats for a long time this is the first time it has happened.

Thanks for the hint on where to look ,I've noticed face tattoos were missing but couldn't figure out why.

Latest versions of RaceMenu disable face tattoos because of a bug causing CTDs when decapitation of a face tattooed NPC/PC occurs. Edit the NIOVERRIDE.INI file to enable them again (there is a comment in the file that should indicate exactly what needs to be changed).

Then disable decapitations in the game (in the console: "set decapitationchance to 0") so you don't get the bug.

Latest versions of RaceMenu disable face tattoos because of a bug causing CTDs when decapitation of a face tattooed NPC/PC occurs. Edit the NIOVERRIDE.INI file to enable them again (there is a comment in the file that should indicate exactly what needs to be changed).

Then disable decapitations in the game (in the console: "set decapitationchance to 0") so you don't get the bug.

Well, that explains why it stopped working without anything being done that I would connect to that breaking.

Maybe it would be wise to include a note somewhere in Slavetats MCM menu on the next update, just to prevent dozens of confused people asking the same question over and over again?

Thanks for the info, I prolly would of never figured that one out on my own !

so is there a mod that let aggressors apply those tats on you?

Quick As You Like (QAYL), available here on LL, will do it.  Be aware that it's an unfinished mod, though.  I think Apropos will apply wear and tear effects to your PC using SlaveTats also.

And latest version Slaverun Reloaded

Having some trouble with Apropos Wear and Tear, got sent here.

The MCM for Wear and Tear lists SlaveTats as located and enabled and is set to apply the tats when requirements are met. However, it does not end up doing this. I tried adding the tats manually in MCM and they aren't even showing up there.

Any ideas? =\

The MCM for Wear and Tear lists SlaveTats as located and enabled and is set to apply the tats when requirements are met. However, it does not end up doing this. I tried adding the tats manually in MCM and they aren't even showing up there.

Any ideas? =\

Having some trouble  - trying to add tats using the menu, all the options are greyed out and say "external," and won't let me modify them at all. The exception being hands and feet.

You both might have the same problem.  As Ozscar mentioned, [External] usually means applied with race menu or some other character creator.  You can increase your number of available slots by editing an INI file... look back in this thread, there are a lot of examples and directions.

Wear and Tear might not have slots available Ales ... in the Slavetats MCM, does it show you have slots 1-6 open? Can you apply any random tats there, or is that what you did?

Any ideas? =\

Having some trouble  - trying to add tats using the menu, all the options are greyed out and say "external," and won't let me modify them at all. The exception being hands and feet.

You both might have the same problem.  As Ozscar mentioned, [External] usually means applied with race menu or some other character creator.  You can increase your number of available slots by editing an INI file... look back in this thread, there are a lot of examples and directions.

Wear and Tear might not have slots available Ales ... in the Slavetats MCM, does it show you have slots 1-6 open? Can you apply any random tats there, or is that what you did?

I have been able to add other ones. Earlier I had a problem with all options being rectangles, which turned out to be nothing but the fact that the tattoo pack I got was in Chinese. That aside, I was still able to apply them, but I will look into adding more slots just to see if that helps

In NMM, I DLed several tattoos, all of them appear as DE Necro in the NMM, is that normal? Am I doing something wrong?

As far as I know...

Nothing wrong, it is normal for mods to show up as other names.  It happens when there is no Nexus ID on the mod, and NMM finds one based on date or file size.

Is the a way to set the number of available slots for tatoos in the SlaveTats menu itself? it only allows 12 options for body - though, i have the ini file specified above set for ~24 (which shows up correctly in racemenu.)

Not in the MCM menu, it is however a setting in the NIIOVERIDE.INI file (NIIOVERIDE is a part of RaceMenu so look there for the file).

Is the a way to set the number of available slots for tatoos in the SlaveTats menu itself? it only allows 12 options for body - though, i have the ini file specified above set for ~24 (which shows up correctly in racemenu.)

Not in the MCM menu, it is however a setting in the NIIOVERIDE.INI file (NIIOVERIDE is a part of RaceMenu so look there for the file).

That is what I thought, but it will only ever show 12 overlay options in the SlaveTats MCM menu, even if I have nioveride set for 20 ,or if i have it set for 50.

That is what I thought, but it will only ever show 12 overlay options in the SlaveTats MCM menu, even if I have nioveride set for 20 ,or if i have it set for 50.

This code in SlaveTatsMCMMenu.PSC has a hard coded limit of 12:

event OnPageReset(string page)
    string area = AREA(page)

if page == ""

elseif page == "Setup"
        AddMenuOptionST("TARGET", "Target", target.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName())
    else
        SetCursorFillMode(LEFT_TO_RIGHT)

AddHeaderOption(area + " Patterns")
        AddHeaderOption(area + " Colors")

int external = JValue.retain(JArray.object(), "SlaveTats")
        SlaveTats.external_slots(target, area, external)

section_menu_current = new string[12]
        tattoo_menu_current = new int[12]

int slots = SlaveTats.SLOTS(area)
        if slots > 12
            slots = 12
        endif
It could be changed like this:

event OnPageReset(string page)
    string area = AREA(page)

if page == ""

elseif page == "Setup"
        AddMenuOptionST("TARGET", "Target", target.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName())
    else
        SetCursorFillMode(LEFT_TO_RIGHT)

AddHeaderOption(area + " Patterns")
        AddHeaderOption(area + " Colors")

int external = JValue.retain(JArray.object(), "SlaveTats")
        SlaveTats.external_slots(target, area, external)

int slots = SlaveTats.SLOTS(area)
        if slots > 50
            slots = 50
        endif

section_menu_current = new string[slots - 1]
        tattoo_menu_current = new int[slots - 1]

Raise it above 50 and you might run into a limit on items in a MCM menu.

I edited the file to be 20 slots, and included those other two lines. No change in available slots, still at twelve.

I'm bad at this :(

There may be a limit in NIIOVERIDE then, if it won't provide more than 12 slots then this mod will not either.

I edited the file to be 20 slots, and included those other two lines. No change in available slots, still at twelve.

I'm bad at this :(

There may be a limit in NIIOVERIDE then, if it won't provide more than 12 slots then this mod will not either.

From my understanding, the limit is actually very high.  Actually should be easy enough to check - set the ini to 24 (or 20) then check RaceMenu, if nio is limited to 12 then all you will see is 12 slots in RaceMenu and not the 24 set.  If I remember correctly, I have mine set to 14 and RM shows all 14 slots.

If you are needing more than 12 slots specifically for Slavetats, then you are out of luck.  If you need 12 for slavetats and some for RaceMenu, then set the ini to 12 plus whatever extras you think you will assign in RM.  Then go into RM and make sure to assign the tats in RaceMenu to slots AFTER the first 12 (leave the first 12 blank).  This should keep the first 12 slots available for the SlaveTats MCM.