I'm not getting these to show up at all. I have slave tats and it shows up in the MCM menu but whenever I try to select a tattoo none show up available in the menu. I have several of the tattoo packs installed and all of the requirements of course. I'm using CBBE. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm not getting these to show up at all. I have slave tats and it shows up in the MCM menu but whenever I try to select a tattoo none show up available in the menu. I have several of the tattoo packs installed and all of the requirements of course. I'm using CBBE. Is there something I'm missing?

Usually, people who have that problem don't have SKSE or JContainers, or a problem with their installation of one of them them.

I hope this isn't a common problem that's been solved in depth before. I really don't know what search term to use to describe it, and I don't feel like digging through 90+ pages of posts to find it. I'm lazy like that :P

This has to do with the Bimbo tats from the Sexlab Hormones mod (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/416-sexlab-hormones-2015-07-17/) but I've had this problem with some other tattoos as well. The screenshot provided is for the Bimbo tats, but I have similar graphical errors when applying some other tats to the Head/Hands/Feet. The body is CBBE, the body textures are Fair Skin Complexion (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602/). Even when I change the Bimbo body files in Hormones to use a CBBE body, I get the same issues. I do have my graphics set to very low, my computer isn't the best. Could that be what's causing it? Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change? Or is this something I'm just going to have to live with due to low rez graphics?

post-667033-0-71863300-1442364439_thumb.jpg

I hope this isn't a common problem that's been solved in depth before. I really don't know what search term to use to describe it, and I don't feel like digging through 90+ pages of posts to find it. I'm lazy like that :P

This has to do with the Bimbo tats from the Sexlab Hormones mod (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/416-sexlab-hormones-2015-07-17/) but I've had this problem with some other tattoos as well. The screenshot provided is for the Bimbo tats, but I have similar graphical errors when applying some other tats to the Head/Hands/Feet. The body is CBBE, the body textures are Fair Skin Complexion (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602/?). Even when I change the Bimbo body files in Hormones to use a CBBE body, I get the same issues. I do have my graphics set to very low, my computer isn't the best. Could that be what's causing it? Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change? Or is this something I'm just going to have to live with due to low rez graphics?

That looks like a corrupted file to me, or one that's encoded in a way the engine can't interpret.

This has to do with the Bimbo tats from the Sexlab Hormones mod (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/416-sexlab-hormones-2015-07-17/) but I've had this problem with some other tattoos as well. The screenshot provided is for the Bimbo tats, but I have similar graphical errors when applying some other tats to the Head/Hands/Feet. The body is CBBE, the body textures are Fair Skin Complexion (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602/?). Even when I change the Bimbo body files in Hormones to use a CBBE body, I get the same issues. I do have my graphics set to very low, my computer isn't the best. Could that be what's causing it? Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change? Or is this something I'm just going to have to live with due to low rez graphics?

That looks like a corrupted file to me, or one that's encoded in a way the engine can't interpret.

So did I do something wrong during installation? i've been using Mod Organizer, but I had this issue when i used Wrye Bash primarily.

I didn't see one, but is there a mod event that triggers when slavetats is done changing the current tattoos on the player?

I'm looking to detect when actors are wearing certain tattoos, but without an event I feel I have to poll constantly and I was thinking that, if you put in a single mod event that signals when the tattoos have changed it would mean I only need to check when the tattoos are changed, which should be lighter on papyrus.

Currently, the only mod events I saw are only for tattoos that have their own magic effects, so I can't even detect when regular tattoos are added it seems. If there isn't one, can you add a mod event for any tattoo change?

You're correct, the only mod events sent currently are the ones specified in the JSON file for individual tattoos. Adding an event that fires when tattoos are synchronized would be easy, though. I'll put it on the todo list.

Can I confirm this feature is still planned for the next release? It's been long enough since that post that I'm concerned it may have been forgotten.

Just double checking.

First off, I love this mod, in large part because i can finally put tattoos on npcs. My only question is concerning the now defunct Tattoo collection by THEHAG (link). I was sad to see that it is no longer compatible with the latest Racemenu and i wondered if it might be possible to convert it into a pack for ST. In short, my question is, how large of an undertaking would that be, what tools would be needful for doing so, and in the quite likely event that i am incapable (never done any modding of my own, very little idea where to start) is anyone better qualified interested in the idea?

Well, on the basis of a fairly brief inspection, they look like more or less standard 4k dds overlays.

So: unpack them; use a BSA extractor to extract the textures; move the textures to a slavetats folder; use notepad++ or similar to write a json file to load them. Easy.

The hardest part may well turn out to be getting the creator's permissions to convert them for SlaveTats use.

Well, on the basis of a fairly brief inspection, they look like more or less standard 4k dds overlays.

So: unpack them; use a BSA extractor to extract the textures; move the textures to a slavetats folder; use notepad++ or similar to write a json file to load them. Easy.

The hardest part may well turn out to be getting the creator's permissions to convert them for SlaveTats use.

Well, that is a relief to hear. As to permissions, when the creator went dark and stopped updating, he basically said 'do what you want with them and don't bother me about it,' so that may not be such an issue.

I didn't see one, but is there a mod event that triggers when slavetats is done changing the current tattoos on the player?

I'm looking to detect when actors are wearing certain tattoos, but without an event I feel I have to poll constantly and I was thinking that, if you put in a single mod event that signals when the tattoos have changed it would mean I only need to check when the tattoos are changed, which should be lighter on papyrus.

Currently, the only mod events I saw are only for tattoos that have their own magic effects, so I can't even detect when regular tattoos are added it seems. If there isn't one, can you add a mod event for any tattoo change?

You're correct, the only mod events sent currently are the ones specified in the JSON file for individual tattoos. Adding an event that fires when tattoos are synchronized would be easy, though. I'll put it on the todo list.

Can I confirm this feature is still planned for the next release? It's been long enough since that post that I'm concerned it may have been forgotten.

Just double checking.

SlaveTats-added and SlaveTats-removed events are sent by the code in my dev tree, so yes, once there's enough stuff to justify a release, that will be one of the included features.

Is there any way to use this on non name npcs

It usually works. I can't guarantee it, though.

and if it did work, they might be respawned when you come back, so the new one would not have the tats you assigned.

who said they were going to respawn? LOL

I doesnt work with not name npc at all

It does for me, and as far as I know it works for many others. That makes it very hard to figure out why it's not working for a few. If I ever figure it out, I'll fix it if I can.

I like the idea for this mod, but what I'd really love is a tie-in mod that would allow NPCs that take advantage of my character to add their own tattoos to her... preferably in a way that's difficult, but not impossible, to remove.  Anyone know of a mod like that?

SlaveTats is specifically written to support that sort of thing, but as far as I know, only Quick As You Like actually uses the feature so far.

I like the idea for this mod, but what I'd really love is a tie-in mod that would allow NPCs that take advantage of my character to add their own tattoos to her... preferably in a way that's difficult, but not impossible, to remove.  Anyone know of a mod like that?

SlaveTats is specifically written to support that sort of thing, but as far as I know, only Quick As You Like actually uses the feature so far.

The new version of Slaverun will now optionally use Slavetats as well.

The new version of Slaverun will now optionally use Slavetats as well.

And Slaves of Tamriel does that, though the tattoos are not locked.

And one (or more!) mods from DocClox that may be coming out sometime will also use it.

Yep: S.L.U.T.S. should see a release shortly. I have a couple of other tat-involving projects on the boil as well.

@kurto67: did you set a colour for the the "glow" box when you applied the tat? 'cause that would do it.

That said, some of my own seem a little unexpectedly luminous at the moment.

Yep: S.L.U.T.S. should see a release shortly. I have a couple of other tat-involving projects on the boil as well. @kurto67: did you set a colour for the the "glow" box when you applied the tat? 'cause that would do it. That said, some of my own seem a little unexpectedly luminous at the moment.

Yeah, i set the glow box on all of them, but all i have is ones that don't glow at all and ones that glow extremely bright.