On 6/7/2023 at 10:10 PM, murfk said:

The tattoos have to be re-applied at game load, because overlays are not recorded in the save files. Why it would take ten seconds is anybody's guess, though. It should be much faster than that.

The SE version is good with any SE release, as long as you have the appropriate versions of the dependencies.

If the overlay information is not in the save file, then I assume it must exist in some external file. Can you tell me where it is located? All I could find was the 'slavetats_cache.json' but this doesn't contain any info about which tats to apply to which NPC.

In my case, I had a 'stuck' tears tat on an NPC which was originally applied by Diary of Mine. On the recommendation of the author, I went into SlaveTats MCM menu to remove it, but now with every game load SlaveTats is spending time 'applying' tats on an NPC which doesn't have any tats to apply. It also spends time 'applying' tats to my player character who also doesn't have any tats to apply - that was simply a result of opening the MCM menu not long after installing the mod.

My loading process is not as slow as mentioned by the previous poster, but I would like to speed it up a bit by removing unnecessary script processing. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Thaladrius said:

If the overlay information is not in the save file, then I assume it must exist in some external file. Can you tell me where it is located? All I could find was the 'slavetats_cache.json' but this doesn't contain any info about which tats to apply to which NPC.

In my case, I had a 'stuck' tears tat on an NPC which was originally applied by Diary of Mine. On the recommendation of the author, I went into SlaveTats MCM menu to remove it, but now with every game load SlaveTats is spending time 'applying' tats on an NPC which doesn't have any tats to apply. It also spends time 'applying' tats to my player character who also doesn't have any tats to apply - that was simply a result of opening the MCM menu not long after installing the mod.

My loading process is not as slow as mentioned by the previous poster, but I would like to speed it up a bit by removing unnecessary script processing. Thanks.

Believe the information your after is saved in the .skse co-save since while i've never editted it, i did try cleaning the skse co-save once upon a time and after loading back into the game every slavetat i'd applied to a NPC had disappeared

2 hours ago, pinky6225 said:

Believe the information your after is saved in the .skse co-save since while i've never editted it, i did try cleaning the skse co-save once upon a time and after loading back into the game every slavetat i'd applied to a NPC had disappeared

That actually makes sense, thanks. May I ask what you used to clean the skse co-save? 

23 minutes ago, Thaladrius said:

That actually makes sense, thanks. May I ask what you used to clean the skse co-save? 

NetImmerse Override Cleaner SE

I'd suggest making a copy of the .skse save before you use it so if anything goes wrong you can switch it back to the uncleaned version

1 hour ago, pinky6225 said:

NetImmerse Override Cleaner SE

I'd suggest making a copy of the .skse save before you use it so if anything goes wrong you can switch it back to the uncleaned version

Interesting tool, somehow I've missed seeing this all these years.

In any case, I tried cleaning the skse file but it didn't seem to make a difference as far as slavetats is concerned. It's still applying tats to the NPC in question and my player character. I do appreciate the suggestion though.

Everything works fine on my PC.

I take the working setup and transfer it to my steam deck.

Everything seems to work okay, but SlaveTats' is now only giving me 3 overlays slots each body part.

The skee.ini is like so...

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=20 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=3 ; Default[1]

[Overlays/Hands] ; "Hands [Ovl#]" and "Hands [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many hand overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=6 ; Default[3]
iSpellOverlays=2 ; Default[1]

[Overlays/Feet] ; "Feet [Ovl#]" and "Feet [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many feet overlays there should be
iSpellOverlays=2 ; Default[1]

[Overlays/Face] ; "Face [Ovl#]" and "Face [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many face overlays there should be

So I get the expected 12 slots on my PC

But I transfer the same files and the same SKSEE.ini file and I only get 3 slots on Steam Deck.

What am I missing on Steam Deck that is affecting this ??

Edited by MisterTime
2 hours ago, 1233311111 said:

It seems that for some customize followers/NPCs with assigned (WNAM worn armor) by esp, the slavetat does not work on body but works fine on face, feet and hand.

OK, it seems the customize npc/followers body mesh should share the same name as the installed default body. For example, if the default body mesh is 3BA, the custom body mesh should also be 3BA.

Hello guys. I have a problem. I installed slavetats and all things needed but if try to add a tatto and for example klick on body then it just shows nothing instead of the multiple slots were you would normally choose a tat and if i close the mcm menu then a message saying target not usable for overlays or something like that appears. Got a new pc and i am pretty confused because it seems since ae came out everything stoped working.... or maybe i am just dumb. does anyone have a idea what can cause this.

edit: i think my racemenu is not working because i dont have the extra options when creating a character.

Edited by Fathulu
On 7/23/2023 at 8:40 PM, MisterTime said:

I take the working setup and transfer it to my steam deck.

Everything seems to work okay, but SlaveTats' is now only giving me 3 overlays slots each body part.

The skee.ini is like so...

iNumOverlays=20 ; Default[6]

Racemenu in Steam deck and Linux do not parse the ini file correctly if there is any white space or comments after each setting. Remove the comments from the "[Overlays/Body]", "iNumOverlays=20", and "SpellOverlays=3" lines for each of the  body of the body/face/feet/hands sections

To be clear it should look like:

[Overlays/Body]
iNumOverlays=20
iSpellOverlays=3

etc.

On 7/30/2023 at 1:38 PM, novedo3743 said:

Racemenu in Steam deck and Linux do not parse the ini file correctly if there is any white space or comments after each setting. Remove the comments from the "[Overlays/Body]", "iNumOverlays=20", and "SpellOverlays=3" lines for each of the  body of the body/face/feet/hands sections

To be clear it should look like:

[Overlays/Body]
iNumOverlays=20
iSpellOverlays=3

etc.

This was killing me for days.

Thank you so much for this, fixed it.

@murfk Forgive my Linux ignorance if this is well established already, but I might suggest this go as a note for steam deck users on the mod description page.

Hello friends ?
I have a problem can anyone help me?

I have Skyrim Special edition and o have all requirement and the mod function correctly but....

I can't update the list of tattoos to apply in the MCM, I can't remove a tattoo list or insert a new one.
I tried deleting the .JSON file of the tattoos I wanted to delete but they still appearing in the MCM list. 

How can I fix and update, modify the list of tattoos in the MCM?
Thank you!!!

Getting an issue where sometimes some overlays will appear and disappear or get overwritten by overlays applied by other mods using slavetats. Is this a normal occurence? The overlays still appear in slavetats but theyre just not visible on my character sometimes, and other times they are, seems pretty random or when one mod updates slavetats.

32 minutes ago, Aycelist said:

Getting an issue where sometimes some overlays will appear and disappear or get overwritten by overlays applied by other mods using slavetats. Is this a normal occurence? The overlays still appear in slavetats but theyre just not visible on my character sometimes, and other times they are, seems pretty random or when one mod updates slavetats.

Nope, that's not normal. SlaveTats keeps tracks of which overlay slots are in use, and avoids conflicts. That's actually the primary thing that SlaveTats brings to the table, on top of the basic overlay functionality of NetImmerse Override.

Is it possible these other mods of yours are using NiOverride directly rather than going through SlaveTats?

2 hours ago, murfk said:

Nope, that's not normal. SlaveTats keeps tracks of which overlay slots are in use, and avoids conflicts. That's actually the primary thing that SlaveTats brings to the table, on top of the basic overlay functionality of NetImmerse Override.

Is it possible these other mods of yours are using NiOverride directly rather than going through SlaveTats?

The mods I'm using right now that seem to be fighting for overlay spots are Apropos2, Rape/Fade Tattoos, and maybe blushing when aroused? Other than that I don't think I'm using anything else. Err, to specify slavetats is doing a great job of tracking which overlays are being used, it's just that when apropos2 updates the face, for example a forehead tattoo will disappear, or get more transparent, etc.

Edit: Not 100% certain but I think BWA is the mod causing the issue, it just str8 up overwrites slavetats overlays on racemenu. for whatever reason. will update if it isnt the case, but going to try a game without BWA and see if it makes a difference.

Edit2: Yeah, BWA was causing the problem for me, in case anyone else had same issue

Edited by Aycelist
On 8/5/2023 at 3:45 PM, Seeker999 said:

@darthnoldor, did you click the button on the first page to add/remove tattoos? You need to click that whenever you install or remove new tattoo packs. It resets the list.

Great, it worked, I'm used to the old version, that didn't work well with SSE and I didn't really think to solve it like this, thanks ❤️

Noob question since i just came to back to modding, (and skyrim in general now that i think about it)but  while setting my mods i accidentaly loaded my character on the slave tats menu, now everytime i load the save it takes a while to start the game since its trying to apply the tattoos.

Is there a way to remove an actor from the slave tats menu? Or something like that.

Edited by dad_ogre

I'm only getting 3 body slots for some reason. I checked skee64.ini and that still specifies 6 overlays

iNumOverlays=6 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=1 ; Default[1]

... but despite it specifying 6 slots, I only get 3.

I saw that @evilblade had the same problem a couple of years ago, but I can't find any mention of a fix. Anyone know what might cause this?

I've got JContainers 4.2.3, Racemenu 4.19.14 and SlaveTats 1.3.9 SE

@murfk

Hey its my first Post on this topic but i give up fixing it myself cause i sit on this Bug so long now. I play on LE got ST 1.3.6.7 so latest version, have all requirements nearly all tat packs put there and normaly it worked fine. Now I started skyrim on New pc and after a week all 300+ mods are now running except this Bug i get. I have a CBBE body with hdt. Now to the Problem. Consol say: cant parse Json file at DATA/TEXTURES/actors/charakter/Slavetats. I Was thinking the issue was .js and not .json file but all packs already have the .json file. But most of the tats are Working when i take them but at 40% of the tats my body is full Black but only the body Part. Hands, feet and face are normal. I will Show a picture with consol. If you need more Information to help me just ask. Sry for my english isnt my Main language :D and thank you for this awesome mod i enjoy it over 6 years now 

20230831_132632.thumb.jpg.c282d94823e9d32a4fb2091ea1d7d993.jpg