Hello everyone, unfortunately I can't get any further with "tattooing" myself.

All NPCs work perfectly, I can target and tattoo all NPCs; I go to Setup, look for the tattoo and haha it works.

This doesn't work for me as a player.

The desired tattoos do not appear in the “Showracemenu” either, not under body painting, not under hand or foot painting; - or where do I have to look for them?

I thank you for your effort.

I am able to get everything to work and show up in the MCM (Mod Configuration Manager), however I can not get any of the .dds tattoos to show up in the RaceMenu overlay texture list (I am able to see other mods' .bsa in the overlay texture list just fine. Is this intentional and you have to edit tattoos in MCM or can you edit them in RaceMenu? Game also will crash if I am in the Texture List of RaceMenu for too long.

enb2024_1_23_05_48_52.png

enb2024_1_23_05_56_38.png

enb2024_1_23_05_56_45.png

enb2024_1_23_05_56_51.png

Edited by Exgamer
9 hours ago, kaylee said:

Trying to get slavetats to work on AE 1.6.1170 but despite having the latest JContainers I get this error when opening the MCM, Does anyone know how to help?

image.png.734ee4e24d74517fa7775f7480631f43.png

Check mod organizer for conflicts, maybe another mod is overwriting JContainers with an earlier version

So, perhaps I am stupid, but I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I've spent al lot of time trying to increase the number of active tattoo slots, but it just wont work. No matter to which number I change the iNumOverlays values in skee54.ini, I always get exactly 3 open slots. (Even for Body, where the standard is supposed to be 6). Does anyone have an idea whats going on? I should mention that I am on 1130 currently. Did anyone else experience this?

So i have edited my skee.ini, and i have a bunch of tattoo packs, plus i've clicked the register button, i can clearly see the packs when im applying them to the body, I can set the pack i want to use, and i can see the individual tattoos. However, whenever i select a tattoo, and exit out of the selection screen, it doesn't save the selection in the box, nor does it apply it if i exit the MCM. it just stays blank or sometimes it'll show a tattoo from a pack not part of the one i selected but still no tattoos apply in the actual game world once it says done applying

Update: I've discovered that some of the packs are fine? the Alpia ones work perfectly, but all the rest of the tattoos are still not saving when i select them in the menu

Edited by WolfoftheWest1
update on issue
20 hours ago, WolfoftheWest1 said:

So i have edited my skee.ini, and i have a bunch of tattoo packs, plus i've clicked the register button, i can clearly see the packs when im applying them to the body, I can set the pack i want to use, and i can see the individual tattoos. However, whenever i select a tattoo, and exit out of the selection screen, it doesn't save the selection in the box, nor does it apply it if i exit the MCM. it just stays blank or sometimes it'll show a tattoo from a pack not part of the one i selected but still no tattoos apply in the actual game world once it says done applying

Update: I've discovered that some of the packs are fine? the Alpia ones work perfectly, but all the rest of the tattoos are still not saving when i select them in the menu

Usually, that happens when the json points to a file that doesn't exist. Check that the path to the .dds file in the json is correct. Especially with big tattoo packs, there are almost always bugs there somewhere

21 hours ago, DuskWanderer said:

That one was made for version 1.3.5.2, and it specifically says to not use it on any other version. It might still work, yet I'd rather not risk it

Well, in that case you have to do it yourself. You need to open the SlaveTats.psc file and remove the line "notify("Please wait while SlaveTats works on " + target.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName() + "...", silent)" and then compile it to a .pex. That file should overwrite the SlaveTats.pex and you are done.
You may additionally want to remove "notify("SlaveTats is done with " + target.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName() + ".", silent)" (two instances)

Hello. I'm running SE 1.5.97, SKSE 2.0.20, JContainers 4.1.13, Slavetats 1.3.9 and all other correct for 1.5.97 version of Skyrim SE prerequisites. I cannot get Slavetats to properly respond to YPS and apply the textures as they get added by YPS scripting. Anytime I manually add a tat through the mcm menu, I notice in the console script ~ screen "Warning: access to non-existing xxxxxxx" everytime Slavetats scripts run. I use Vortex and found the slavetats_cache.json in the primary game folder with the game launcher. Is that supposed supposed to be located elsewhere or does that matter?

Edited by Jgoftl
On 7/24/2023 at 2:40 AM, MisterTime said:

Everything works fine on my PC.

I take the working setup and transfer it to my steam deck.

Everything seems to work okay, but SlaveTats' is now only giving me 3 overlays slots each body part.

The skee.ini is like so...

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=20 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=3 ; Default[1]

[Overlays/Hands] ; "Hands [Ovl#]" and "Hands [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many hand overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=6 ; Default[3]
iSpellOverlays=2 ; Default[1]

[Overlays/Feet] ; "Feet [Ovl#]" and "Feet [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many feet overlays there should be
iSpellOverlays=2 ; Default[1]

[Overlays/Face] ; "Face [Ovl#]" and "Face [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many face overlays there should be
iSpellOverlays=3 ; Default[1]

So I get the expected 12 slots on my PC

But I transfer the same files and the same SKSEE.ini file and I only get 3 slots on Steam Deck.

What am I missing on Steam Deck that is affecting this ??

On 2/4/2024 at 5:53 PM, SerpentSayer said:

So, perhaps I am stupid, but I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I've spent al lot of time trying to increase the number of active tattoo slots, but it just wont work. No matter to which number I change the iNumOverlays values in skee54.ini, I always get exactly 3 open slots. (Even for Body, where the standard is supposed to be 6). Does anyone have an idea whats going on? I should mention that I am on 1130 currently. Did anyone else experience this?

I started reading through the older posts, apparently this is a known problem. The answer is that Linux/Steamdeck doesn't play nice with in-line comments or white-spaces in the .ini
Solution was to remove the space and comment after the [Overlays/XXX] headers.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:32 AM, SerpentSayer said:

Well, in that case you have to do it yourself. You need to open the SlaveTats.psc file and remove the line "notify("Please wait while SlaveTats works on " + target.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName() + "...", silent)" and then compile it to a .pex. That file should overwrite the SlaveTats.pex and you are done.
You may additionally want to remove "notify("SlaveTats is done with " + target.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName() + ".", silent)" (two instances)

I've finally gotten around to attempting this and I'm noticing that the .psc is unable to compile even when no edits are made.

STatError.PNG

Edited by DuskWanderer
On 2/5/2024 at 6:45 AM, DuskWanderer said:

That one was made for version 1.3.5.2, and it specifically says to not use it on any other version. It might still work, yet I'd rather not risk it

The alterations I made were applied directly to one of the primary scripts for the mod, so yeah, very much out of date.

The line you'd need to edit in the current version of the Slavetats' script file would be very easy to locate and nullify if you have even a very basic knowledge of editing and compiling scripts, however. Once I bother getting my SE install back up to date, I'll maybe get around to updating my post - as I also find the "Please Wait..." message extremely annoying.

So, unsure if anyone is interested in this, but I made a little alteration to the MCM to allow applying the Tattoos without closing the MCM. Essential it adds a new button next to the page-selector that you can click to apply them immediately. Of course, that needs to be used in conjunction with a transparent MCM like https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22825 (Full Screen Version) and an Unpaused Menu like  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27859,

So far, it worked really well, I've not experienced any issues at least.

Hope someone finds this useful. That you had to always close out of the MCM to check your Tattoos always annoyed me

Edit: This is what the button looks like

image.png.31b125292d29a88b97ded6241cbcc51a.png

SlaveTatsMCMMenu.psc SlaveTatsMCMMenu.pex

Edited by SerpentSayer
Added picture

I'm officially at a loss - I keep getting an error (Warning: access to non-existing object with id 0x.... (number)) and I'm not exactly sure why - it happens across several packs, and all when trying to add tattoos to specifically the lower half of my character. Upper half works fine, but lower half (within "Body") give me that error in the console, with no tattoo being visible.

I have checked, and the files for the tattoos do exist according to MO2.

Other things of note: Using ST version 1.3.9, SKSE 2.2.6, RaceMenu 0.4.19.16, and JC 4.2.9