I'm getting into Skyrim again and I just picked this up again - but I seem to remember there was a little ancillary mod that you could use to quickly change sets of tats on the fly without opening the MCM, kind of like a helper program?  But for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.  Does it still exist (for AE here)?

TIA

On 1/15/2023 at 3:45 AM, smolxlili said:

When I go to the MCM for this mod, nothing shows up. I have skse, skyui, and jcontainers but there is just nothing in the mod menu. 

I had the same issue. Just updated to AE (and all mod updates that needed to be for AE) and nothing shows up. Running the latest AE SKSE 2.2.3. Not sure what fixed it. Might just try reinstalling to see if that helps you.

Edited by Jgoftl
On 1/31/2023 at 6:44 AM, belegost said:

I'm currently running SE version 1.3.5.2. Is it safe to update to 1.3.9 on an existing save?

Never tried that, but it should be okay. SlaveTats's scripts only run when the menu is open or just after closing it.

I have a question and not sure what is causing this. I have slavetats on a follower of mine. Yet sometimes it will disappear when I load the save. Then I have to reapply the tats.

Are their any garter belt tattoos or stocking tattoos that also cover the feet.

Edited by Clea Strange
55 minutes ago, Clea Strange said:

I have a question and not sure what is causing this. I have slavetats on a follower of mine. Yet sometimes it will disappear when I load the save. Then I have to reapply the tats.

One thing that can interfere with seeing the tats is spell effects that apply a skin shader. Armor spells like Stoneflesh, for example. The tats should eventually reappear though.

2 hours ago, Clea Strange said:

There's a mod called something like "wearable stockings" that uses SlaveTats to put on and take off the stockings for the object in the inventory, but it uses an .esp slot so I just don't have it enabled and use the tattoos directly through SlaveTats.  Each style of stocking has a matching foot tattoo for every body (legs) tattoo.

On 2/6/2023 at 11:57 PM, Clea Strange said:

I'm getting this a lot. I'm using Hentai Pregnancy and the pregnancy tats are the best way to keep track of which of my slaves are knocked up, and which need their master's attention. But quit a game and reload and about two thirds of the tats don't apply

I know there was a problem with this, and the changelog says it was fixed with the last release, but I updated and I'm still getting it.

Hmm... makes me wonder if something is overwriting the script file I'll check then when I get home.

Edited by DocClox
10 hours ago, DocClox said:

I'm getting this a lot. I'm using Hentai Pregnancy and the pregnancy tats are the best way to keep track of which of my slaves are knocked up, and which need teir master's attention. But quit a game and reload and about two thirds of the tats don't apply

I know there was a problem with this, and the changelog says it was fixed with the last release, but I updated and I'm still getting it.

Hmm... makes me wonder if something is overwriting the script file I'll check then when I get home.

Another thing to watch out for is when you're wearing an armor item that uses a body reference different from the one your tats are applied to. That includes, for example, a 3BA body with different slider values from your normal 3BA body. If you use Bodyslide to give some armor items push-up boobs, those items will interfere with tats.

12 hours ago, DocClox said:

I'm getting this a lot. I'm using Hentai Pregnancy and the pregnancy tats are the best way to keep track of which of my slaves are knocked up, and which need teir master's attention. But quit a game and reload and about two thirds of the tats don't apply

I should have said this in the very beginning my bad. My follower she is always naked and doesn't wear armor. She uses BHUNP body while my guy uses tempered skins. Even though she doesn't use armor the slavetats is constantly disappearing and then reappearing.

14 hours ago, murfk said:

Another thing to watch out for is when you're wearing an armor item that uses a body reference different from the one your tats are applied to. That includes, for example, a 3BA body with different slider values from your normal 3BA body. If you use Bodyslide to give some armor items push-up boobs, those items will interfere with tats.

Yeah, I've had that happen before.

Nope, this one was DoM which has a SlaveTats patch as part of the installer. Disabled that and the tats start working properly again.

5 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I set up my mods on SE finally.. and I noticed SlaveTats are applied without any alpha values.. all textures are opaque with no transparency.

Any idea where that could be coming from?

I don't remember having to set anything for tattoos to be applied correctly for LE.

If the alpha channel was not being applied, the entire tattoo would just be a rectangle projected into UV coordinates on the skin. Is that what you're seeing?

3 hours ago, murfk said:

If the alpha channel was not being applied, the entire tattoo would just be a rectangle projected into UV coordinates on the skin. Is that what you're seeing?

That's a good point... probably not what I was thinking about then.

The shape of the tattoo is there but the varied transparency is not.

For example, Hormones has a tattoo for faint veins on breasts... they appear as opaque lines, as if the alpha was set at a constant value but still preserving the shape.

I will post a screenshot next time it happens.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? About half of the tat packs appear like this. They're still selectable, and all of the individual tattoos also appear as a series of boxes. Tats still apply to character when selected this way, but it's obviously not very usable since I have to guess at what anything is.

ScreenShot24.png

1 hour ago, BSAccount said:

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? About half of the tat packs appear like this. They're still selectable, and all of the individual tattoos also appear as a series of boxes. Tats still apply to character when selected this way, but it's obviously not very usable since I have to guess at what anything is.

ScreenShot24.png

Did you install the Chinese packs?  They're the ones with CN in the name iirc.  Them or any pack in a language other than  your own, if you don't have the font it'll show up as boxes like that.

On 2/2/2023 at 1:28 AM, Jgoftl said:

I had the same issue. Just updated to AE (and all mod updates that needed to be for AE) and nothing shows up. Running the latest AE SKSE 2.2.3. Not sure what fixed it. Might just try reinstalling to see if that helps you.

I'll ditto this for the AE GOG version.  First try it showed up on the MCM, but no setup option, just the slavetats tab.  Installed it again and works fine.