On 10/8/2023 at 8:30 AM, hippie47 said:

I've been trying too upgrade this mod from v1.3.7 (to v1.3.9) all day but it keeps causing a CTD when I load my save. I tried letting it overwrite the old version without removing it first... then load save, CTD. I also tried making a clean save with re-saver first by removing SlaveTats, FadeTats and RapeTats, ignore missing esps on load save... game loads OK. Then save, clean save, load clean save, game load OK. But enabling the new version and loading the clean save still CTDs. The clean save will still load 1.3.7 and appears to be working fine. I'm on free AE (1.6.640 with all requirements current). Is the old version leaving some file around that the new version chokes on? I'm a bit puzzled.

On 10/7/2023 at 2:11 PM, CataclysmRising said:

Sadly I already figured out that the best version of Slavetats to use is the one posted here, and then used rapetats continued and fadetats continued. Since it seems like that's what you recommend I don't have anything else to test.

FWIW I ran a very trimmed down modlist and it still wouldn't work, unless there is a file in my overwrite folder causing issues I don't know what it could be. I used less tattoo packs, multiple combinations, and reinstalled the latest version of the mods and their requirements from scratch.

I wouldn't take offense at being told it's my fault. I assume it is, as it's working well for most users. Just wish I knew what to change.

perhaps you've inadvertently 'merged' (using mo2 i presume?) a patch file onto one of the three mods you named above? hard to keep track of which .zip/7z was extracted to where. Have you tried 'replacing' said mods with fresh downloads?

but, yeah, hard CTD (not merely freezes) are annoying as hell. Only time i have those are when i absolute have to change load order to enable a mod to work (i end up having to start a new game)...fucking with load order is a Bad Idea according to wise folks in the skyrim community. But, sounds like you have another problem since your old clean save loads fine.

btw, if you do decide to go through the headache of starting a new game, install "MCM recorder" - i have 440 active mods in left pane on MO2, and MCM recorder deals with 32 mods at start up (a couple things it can't do but those are simple things to click on anyways)...it saves me literally 100 clicks to remember.

Edited by majorfreak
caveat - i have AE installed
On 9/18/2023 at 10:20 AM, DrSeptimus said:

I just realize I have the same problem as well.. is this somehow related to using 3ba & hdt-smp?

It seems to be working fine if I am just using regular cbbe.

I'm having the same issues of having to manually add tattoos on actors to reload them with BHUNP

14 hours ago, majorfreak said:

perhaps you've inadvertently 'merged' (using mo2 i presume?) a patch file onto one of the three mods you named above? hard to keep track of which .zip/7z was extracted to where. Have you tried 'replacing' said mods with fresh downloads?

but, yeah, hard CTD (not merely freezes) are annoying as hell. Only time i have those are when i absolute have to change load order to enable a mod to work (i end up having to start a new game)...fucking with load order is a Bad Idea according to wise folks in the skyrim community. But, sounds like you have another problem since your old clean save loads fine.

I'm using Vortex and I haven't merged anything. With the clean save and only SlaveTats added (not fade or rape), it CTDs at the end of the save load (probably trying to render). The save does have lots of other mods enabled (3BA, CBPC, FastHDT among them), so it could certainly be a conflict with something else. Vortex does not say the new version conflicts with any other mods (no overwrite rules needed) but it only flags same file conflicts (that I know of anyway). If I use the 1.3.7 version with RapeTats and FadeTats upgraded (to Continued versions), both the old save and cleaned version will load fine and I can play for hours before I hit a CTD. Sometimes, these CTDs are mysterious, but most of them seem to have to do with something LotD changed or added.

7 hours ago, hippie47 said:

I'm using Vortex and I haven't merged anything. With the clean save and only SlaveTats added (not fade or rape), it CTDs at the end of the save load (probably trying to render). The save does have lots of other mods enabled (3BA, CBPC, FastHDT among them), so it could certainly be a conflict with something else. Vortex does not say the new version conflicts with any other mods (no overwrite rules needed) but it only flags same file conflicts (that I know of anyway). If I use the 1.3.7 version with RapeTats and FadeTats upgraded (to Continued versions), both the old save and cleaned version will load fine and I can play for hours before I hit a CTD. Sometimes, these CTDs are mysterious, but most of them seem to have to do with something LotD changed or added.

I suggest installing a crash logger tool to see what's actually happening when you get a CTD. (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59818 for example) I've found that the cause is rarely what I might have guessed.

Also, just so you all know, I use SlaveTats, 3BA, CBPC, and FasterHDT together all the time. It's definitely not a guaranteed CTD to combine them.

On 10/11/2023 at 1:23 PM, murfk said:

Also, just so you all know, I use SlaveTats, 3BA, CBPC, and FasterHDT together all the time. It's definitely not a guaranteed CTD to combine them.

likewise. 

btw, when i said "merged" i meant it not in the sense of the old 'merge' (i skipped a few years and came back for AE so missed all the fun 256+ mods) but in the sense of unzipping or installing a patch file from someone's comment section (or a patch page) onto the original mod - instead of making a separate mod lower in the left pane order for MO2

Um hi, I have a problem and I don't quite understand what I did wrong.
After installing the mod, I now have a tab in the Menu Manager: Rape Tattoo. Instead of Slave Tattoo
Plus, mods that ask for Slave Tats do not see Valid tattoos. For example, DF cannot add tattoos to my character at the end of the scene.
Yes, Rape Tattoo is not the same as Slave Tats, I installed Slave Tats a long time ago and everything was ok, I could either get a tattoo or add it myself to my character, but Rape Tattoo does not have such functionality and I’m sure that I I didn’t put anything for the tattoo except Slave Tats

Looking for some troubleshooting if anyone can help me. Slavetats isn't working for some reason. I had it for LE and it was an amazing mod, in my top 20. I switched over to AE about a week ago and for some reason slavetats isnt working despite it's the same skin (Fairskin) same showracemenu mod (ECE) and same tattoo pack (LewdMarks) all are SE/AE versions. I installed, reinstalled and tried to adjust the MCM a few times but idoesn't matter which tattoo I select, nothing happens. Can anyone please help me?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with RapeTattoos disappearing after a few seconds and according to the author of that mod it's a synchronyzation conflict between ZAZ and SlaveTats. They appear temporarily but don't get saved in SlaveTats. Is there anything that can be done about it? I'm not playing Skyrim without those mods.

On 10/14/2023 at 9:59 PM, aonduine said:

Looking for some troubleshooting if anyone can help me. Slavetats isn't working for some reason. I had it for LE and it was an amazing mod, in my top 20. I switched over to AE about a week ago and for some reason slavetats isnt working despite it's the same skin (Fairskin) same showracemenu mod (ECE) and same tattoo pack (LewdMarks) all are SE/AE versions. I installed, reinstalled and tried to adjust the MCM a few times but idoesn't matter which tattoo I select, nothing happens. Can anyone please help me?

What about it is not working? If you choose a tattoo manually, what happens? Do you have all the required mods listed on the first page?

7 hours ago, RoninDog said:

What about it is not working? If you choose a tattoo manually, what happens? Do you have all the required mods listed on the first page?

the tattoos dont show up at all, in any capacity, manually or otherwise. i have gone through every last tattoo that i have and they don't appear after i applied them in-game. went back to LE just to see if anything is different. nothing. they're all the same mods just SE versions of them but for some reason they don't appear when applied.

2 hours ago, aonduine said:

the tattoos dont show up at all, in any capacity, manually or otherwise. i have gone through every last tattoo that i have and they don't appear after i applied them in-game. went back to LE just to see if anything is different. nothing. they're all the same mods just SE versions of them but for some reason they don't appear when applied.

I have no idea, but to troubleshoot it you can try it with just SlaveTats and its requirements, and LAL for a faster start.

Recently my saves have had the permanent loading screen issue. I've uninstalled all my mods, turns out it's slave tats. Which i'd be fine without, but there's one certain npc I modified with this who's skin is now purple on loading back up and I have no clue on how to fix them. I can't play the game with slave tats installed to undo the tats themselves because it just starts the infinite load screen issue again.

I've also uninstalled, reinstalled tats for it to load back in, be able to remove the tats on the npc, but then crashes when saving.

Edited by sircool

I have implemented a system which dynamically adjusts the alpha and color of a specific non-glowing tattoo in response to player situation, but I really want to dynamically change the hue and intensity of the glow as well. I can't see a way to do it with the high-level API and the low-level API is a little too complex for me. Is it:

A) possible to pass a value into a function the sets the color of the tattoo glow, like with the basic color parameter of simple_add_tattoo()?

B) possible to pass a value into a function the sets the transparancy/intensity of the tattoo glow, like with the basic alpha parameter of simple_add_tattoo()?

C) even conceptually possible to do these things or am I misunderstanding how glow works?

19 hours ago, flinch147 said:

Bleh. The glow ended up being trivial to deal with but the ShaderEmissiveMultiple is hardcoded at 1.0 in the synchronize_tattoos() function so I had to duplicate an ugly amount of the script.
For anyone interested, the new function is SlaveTats_simpleglowextension.simple_add_tattoo_glow(Actor target, string section, string name, int color = 0, int glow = 0, bool last = true, bool silent = false, float alpha = 1.0, float emissivemult = 1.0) which allows base color, glow color, overall transparency and glowing intensity to be set independently

scripts.zip

16 hours ago, Rollon9 said:

I can add tattoo on every body parts except face....

That is disabled by the default skee settings, due to a possibility of triggering a CTD if a person with a face overlay is beheaded. You can re-enable it in skee.ini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 2:55 PM, OsmelMC said:

@murfk

The mod keep updating the actors that not longer have tattoos on the on load game event.

For example I set tattoos on some NPC's and for I remember never set tattoos on the player but at the load game event the SlaveTats ask me to wait until the player and the NPC's that have or not longer have tattoos get updated making me wait a lot for none reason.

I understand that after the tattoos get removed from the actor, that actor should be updated at least one time but they should also be removed at the end from the "known_targets" list and they aren't.

By the way the actors without SlaveTats that are being updated on the game load event, have external overlays detected by the SlaveTats on it's MCM so probably that be somehow related.

I'm having this issue too, it mostly presented itself after I loaded a character too see if they had any tats on them, which they didn't, but now on load. every time, slavetats starts working on them even though there's no need to do it. The list is about 5 characters long but I really wish it would just not do that, since there's no tats on them whatsoever.

On 9/8/2023 at 11:54 PM, DrSeptimus said:

Guys, how do I remove pigeon from the actor list? I did't tattoo the pigeon but the pigeon been remain in the list for quite awhile. 

I would like to have unrelated actor remove from the list.

image.jpeg.cbcdfe5ea36a080271c5ebc9033c9c02.jpeg

Basically the solutions would be like being able to remove the pigeon from the managed actors list, but in this case I want to remove actors that have been checked with the system before but that no longer need to be managed by slavetats.

1 hour ago, OsmelMC said:

I already tweak the SlaveTats scripts on my game to erase the onLoadGame list once checked but probably have some side effects so is better if the author check it.

Oh, I'd love to take a risk on that, I love all your other tweaks. Would never even dream of complaining if something breaks.

8 hours ago, ttpt said:

I'm having this issue too, it mostly presented itself after I loaded a character too see if they had any tats on them, which they didn't, but now on load. every time, slavetats starts working on them even though there's no need to do it. The list is about 5 characters long but I really wish it would just not do that, since there's no tats on them whatsoever.

Basically the solutions would be like being able to remove the pigeon from the managed actors list, but in this case I want to remove actors that have been checked with the system before but that no longer need to be managed by slavetats.

Yeah.. it only need to tackle 2 problem.

1) Remove actor list that are no longer relevant.

2) Prevent tattoo from disappearing. I don't know why, but some actor have their tattoo gone missing and I got to reapply it after a period of time.

7 hours ago, DrSeptimus said:

Prevent tattoo from disappearing. I don't know why, but some actor have their tattoo gone missing and I got to reapply it after a period of time.

That is probably another Mod removing all the overlays. For example "Cum Overlays" can do that when the cum is cleaned. In cases like that the SlaveTats will reapply the tattoos on the next game loaded.

When triggering SlaveTats I get an error message saying it requires either RaceMenu or NiOverride.

I'm using the latest version of RaceMenu (v0.4.19.14) with Skyrim SE (v1.6.640).

Latest version of SlaveTats as well (v1.3.9).

How can I fix this issue? Why doesn't SlaveTats detect that I have RaceMenu installed?

So far only solution I tried was to downgrade from 1.3.9 -> 1.3.7 (as suggested by a member here).

For me that did not solve the problem.

In case it matters the mod I'm using that tried to trigger SlaveTats is Dealing with Sexual Daedra 1.0

P.S - Just to clarify, I'm able to apply tats manually via SlaveTats' MCM menu. But when a mod is trying to use SlaveTats API I get the error message and it fails.

Edited by Serenity_XXI