I tested the newest SE version on LE, and there's a weird problem. I can choose the section/catagory as usual, and the "pattern" just shows the first tattoo in this pack. However,  when I open up the pattern menu, there's nothing, the menu is just empty. But if I don't open up the pattern menu, I can still apply the default tattoo (the first one) on my pc. What could cause this?

TESV 2022-03-05 01-47-40-67.png

16 hours ago, wangmaheng626 said:

I tried to override the 1.36LE version with LinaHirata's patch, and it works fine. Seems there could still be some potential compatibility issue.

Yeah, the latest version doesn't work as well as I'd hoped on LE.

Hi! How can I remove NPCs from the target list? There are some tattooed NPCs from other mods, when I remove the mod, the names of these NPCs are removed from the target list, but the target list cannot search for new NPCs... Thx)

Edited by boinew
On 3/5/2022 at 3:51 AM, boinew said:

Hi! How can I remove NPCs from the target list? There are some tattooed NPCs from other mods, when I remove the mod, the names of these NPCs are removed from the target list, but the target list cannot search for new NPCs... Thx)

That list is stored in the SKSE co-save for your game. You might be able to find a co-save editor out there somewhere (I don't have a recommendation) or even edit it manually in notepad. Make a backup first, since your first attempt will almost certainly break it, and so might your next tries. You're looking for the SlaveTatsMenu known_targets list.

On 2/25/2022 at 11:17 AM, Savinera said:

It's a known issue for quite a number of people, I already posted threads on other sites and no one knows what's causing it. I kinda suspected Racemenu.

As always, the only replies those threads get are "same here", "same", and "yeah me too". Very helpful indeed. 

I found a solution to this! It was a problem with the lastest version of Faster HDT-SMP. I downgraded to version 1.36 and now it's working. You can get it here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57339?tab=files

Found the solution on Reddit: 

Spoiler

Hope this helps!

I have a small issue where slave tats does not let me choose a pattern, if i choose a pattern and exit the selection box then in the main part of slave tats it says "no pattern"

I installed this mod with NMM if it is any help.

I am a MASSIVE DINGUS, i thought i was still using my old load order and forgot to install JContainers.

Edited by titlover123
2 hours ago, kaiteyc said:

This seems to have stopped working like yesterday? 

it was fine, and now when i started game today its not even in the MCM? -Tried reinstall already and didnt fix. 

Maybe Steam did an automatic upgrade and broke stuff?

On 1/5/2015 at 5:57 PM, bigglebojiggle said:

Ok, well here is my Slave Tats Abused file! To get it to look best you have to choose a specific color, its on the bottom row, just to the right of the yello color, I added a picture in the .7z. So if anyone wants wwhip marks, or damn near gashes in some places because of how the texture was designed, this is for you. I pretty much used the Injured Bodies and Faces texture (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/14151-injured-bodies-and-faces-unp-mature-textures/) and rearranged the  slashes as well as made them thinner in a lot of cases, to look more whip like.

Slave Tats Abused.7z 2.51 MB · 619 downloads

Does this work with SE?

On 4/7/2020 at 10:36 PM, Joe_Oni said:

First off, thanks for the mods. I've used the beta 2 version for ages.

Anyway,  I seen various mods use the mod to change the overlays automatically.  If there a blog somewhere that goes into more detail about this function. I have no idea what I'm doing, btw.

I would like to have slavetats automatically remove and overlay and replace it with a new one after a defeat event. Namely, a chainmail overlay replaced with a damaged one.

TESV_2020_04_07_cr

Where can I get this chainmail for slavetats?

I haven't messed with slavetats for years, but I think that chain mail was probably from converting this racemenu mod.

I checked my slavetat install (what a mess...)  and seems the dds files are from Chainmail Overlay.

It's been so long I can't say if I converted it or someone else did it, but it uses my id for the directory

there's tutorial  on the front page,

For Artists:

Making your own tattoo packs is easy.

Chainmail Overlay for Racemenu

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84240?tab=description

silly question but i cant find answer

how do i save tats to use on another character?

i have 12 body tats when i make a new toon i have to redo them over again i want to just be able to load tats as a preset on any body.

this possible?

thanks

edit i have meekosbitch and that has a collection 1 and 2 tats that auto apply a bunch of animal tats like that is what im talking about thanks again

Edited by jesusw00t
gave example

Poked around in the modder's resources and source files for a bit, but I'm not sure if I see what I need.

Is there a function that checks if an actor has a certain slavetat? I'm trying to write a simple script that checks for a tattoo and then does other stuff based on if they have that specific tattoo or not.

I see there's query_applied_tattoos, but I'm not 100% on how to use it, or if that's correct for what I want to use. I think I have to work around with arrays, but that's territory I'm not familiar with. Is there a way just to check a couple very specific tattoos without an array?

Edited by Lute
On 1/28/2022 at 8:13 PM, Otakuheb said:

Everything works normally except that I can't see anything on my character. Sometimes I get some errors in console like  "no existing object with id .... :/ 

ps: Yeah I use Skyrim Se

Have you found a solution? I am having the same problem.

18 hours ago, Lute said:

Poked around in the modder's resources and source files for a bit, but I'm not sure if I see what I need.

Is there a function that checks if an actor has a certain slavetat? I'm trying to write a simple script that checks for a tattoo and then does other stuff based on if they have that specific tattoo or not.

I see there's query_applied_tattoos, but I'm not 100% on how to use it, or if that's correct for what I want to use. I think I have to work around with arrays, but that's territory I'm not familiar with. Is there a way just to check a couple very specific tattoos without an array?

Yep, query_applied_tattoos is what you're looking for. The parameters are, in order: The actor to check, the tattoo you want to check for, and the array to store matches in. The tattoo parameter is just what you'd get if you read the tattoo entry in from the JSON file. The array should start out empty (just what you'd get from calling JArray.object() ) and if it's not empty after the call the tattoo is already applied.

not sure whats up. but i have added the extra tats and i see them in the folder for the game etc. but in the game when i apply to someone only get the basic and slave marks and dont see the others. i reinstalled slavetats and same error no idea why it doesnt show up apart from the basic ones

silly me didnt press the add tattoos button to add more 

Edited by pleasetryme

v1.3.7 running in LE: JContainers (LE) does not feature method JArray.asStringArray() used in line 144 in SlaveTatsMCMMenu.psc:

Spoiler

grafik.png.f0dea4f12c040e11655c2b228577982c.png

I made this change to have it work in LE:

Spoiler

tattoo_menu_items = asStringArray(buffer)

JValue.cleanPool("SlaveTats-_setup_tattoos")
    return false
endfunction

string[] Function asStringArray(int buffer)
    int count = JArray.count(buffer)
    string[] result
    if count > 0
        result = Utility.CreateStringArray(count)
        int i = 0
        while i < count
            result[i] = Jarray.getStr(buffer, i)
            i += 1
        endwhile
    endif
    return result
EndFunction

6 hours ago, botticelli said:

v1.3.7 running in LE: JContainers (LE) does not feature method JArray.asStringArray() used in line 144 in SlaveTatsMCMMenu.psc:

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.png.f0dea4f12c040e11655c2b228577982c.png

I made this change to have it work in LE:

Hide contents

tattoo_menu_items = asStringArray(buffer)

JValue.cleanPool("SlaveTats-_setup_tattoos")
    return false
endfunction

string[] Function asStringArray(int buffer)
    int count = JArray.count(buffer)
    string[] result
    if count > 0
        result = Utility.CreateStringArray(count)
        int i = 0
        while i < count
            result[i] = Jarray.getStr(buffer, i)
            i += 1
        endwhile
    endif
    return result
EndFunction

Nice catch! Would you object to me including your fix in future versions of Slave Tats?