10 hours ago, AnnaShapard said:

8jp5tvgv.png

Similar thing say in Virgin and seems DCL have the same problem. But is a problem related EXCLUSIVELY to that mods. Those TWO mods are the ONLY mods that I know are broken when the load order is changed. The developers must look WHY theirs mods have problems when change the load order and MUST patch it or change the desing of the mod for make that things in other way. Specially because they can NOT evade the automatic execution of LOOT from Vortex and that can mean theirs mods can NOT be ussed with Vortex.

Think a bit... make a clean save not break the savegame but can break that TWO mods. WHY???

Must be a problem in THAT TWO mods.

None other mod in my long list of 200 plugins is affect by change the load order and of course i play more than 1k or 2k diferent mods and i NEVER find a problem in a mod for change the load order in mid play. ONLY that two.

As @DocClox say, change the load order in mid play is the ONLY way for solve some problems in the game.

If that mean start a new game every time probably you never can end a play.

... and suddenly it stopped working. I started a new game with ZaZ downgraded to 7.0 and no tats are happening. I can select them from the MCM menu,, but whatever option I choose gets cleared.

I get this in the logs:

[03/04/2019 - 01:34:05PM] SlaveTats: Upgrade to 1.0.0 finished.
[03/04/2019 - 01:34:10PM] SlaveTats: Asked to add a tattoo (tattoo = 62)
[03/04/2019 - 01:34:10PM] SlaveTats: {
[03/04/2019 - 01:34:10PM] SlaveTats:   "AREA": "BODY"
[03/04/2019 - 01:34:10PM] SlaveTats:   "name": "Dirt 1"
[03/04/2019 - 01:34:10PM] SlaveTats:   "section": "Dirt"
[03/04/2019 - 01:34:10PM] SlaveTats:   "texture": "dirt\dirt_1.dds"
[03/04/2019 - 01:34:10PM] SlaveTats: }
[03/04/2019 - 01:34:10PM] SlaveTats: Caller requested slot 0
[03/04/2019 - 01:34:10PM] error: Unbound native function "shallowCopy" called
[03/04/2019 - 01:34:10PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp105"
stack:
	<unknown self>.slavetats._add_and_get_tattoo() - "SlaveTats.psc" Line ?
	<unknown self>.slavetats.add_and_get_tattoo() - "SlaveTats.psc" Line ?
	[SlaveTatsMenu (2C000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.OnMenuAcceptST() - "SlaveTatsMCMMenu.psc" Line ?
	[SlaveTatsMenu (2C000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.SetMenuIndex() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line ?
	[SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (23000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnMenuAccept() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line ?

"Unbound native" sounds like it's missing a SKSE plugin or something. It's possible something got unticked accidentally. Any ideas, anyone?

13 minutes ago, DocClox said:

... and suddenly it stopped working. I started a new game with ZaZ downgraded to 7.0 and no tats are happening. I can select them from the MCM menu,, but whatever option I choose gets cleared.

I get this in the logs:

"Unbound native" sounds like it's missing a SKSE plugin or something. It's possible something got unticked accidentally. Any ideas, anyone?

Probably you have a DLL problem, specially if you are ussing SE because we have some diferent versions of the dll's for each version of the game, sksee, jcontainers and racemenu(that include nioverride inside it)

Some times that make CTD but others times get undesired errors and mods not working.

I'm on Oldrim, although I suppose it's possible some SE dll got mixed in by accident. I just can't think what I've changed.

[edit]

I think I have a culprit - a mod that adds some teleport spells includes its own versions of some of the JContainers files. It's a recent install, so it's entirely possible. Tell you better in 10 mins...

[edit]

Yep, that was it. In case anyone's keeping an "incompatible" list it's

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14947

hey, is there a quick way to get Slave tats to re-apply *all* tattoos? I don't mind standing around while it works through each actor, but I don't to have to do them 1 by 1 (open MCM menu, force-update 1 NPC, close and wait for apply, repeat)

the reason for this is I have a large-isn number of NPCs with tats in a single area, and some of their tats aren't applying. I'd like to be able to just re-apply them all instead of fishing through a list of a few dozen for six or seven names, then stripping all of the NPCs to see if it worked, and repeating.

4 hours ago, necrontyr525 said:

hey, is there a quick way to get Slave tats to re-apply *all* tattoos? I don't mind standing around while it works through each actor, but I don't to have to do them 1 by 1 (open MCM menu, force-update 1 NPC, close and wait for apply, repeat)

the reason for this is I have a large-isn number of NPCs with tats in a single area, and some of their tats aren't applying. I'd like to be able to just re-apply them all instead of fishing through a list of a few dozen for six or seven names, then stripping all of the NPCs to see if it worked, and repeating.

If all the npc's have the SAME tats you can use my mod STMM.

Allow you store predefined configuration of tats and apply it to npc's in one second with a spell.

On 3/4/2019 at 4:34 AM, GenioMaestro said:

Similar thing say in Virgin and seems DCL have the same problem. But is a problem related EXCLUSIVELY to that mods. Those TWO mods are the ONLY mods that I know are broken when the load order is changed. The developers must look WHY theirs mods have problems when change the load order and MUST patch it or change the desing of the mod for make that things in other way. Specially because they can NOT evade the automatic execution of LOOT from Vortex and that can mean theirs mods can NOT be ussed with Vortex.

Think a bit... make a clean save not break the savegame but can break that TWO mods. WHY???

Must be a problem in THAT TWO mods.

None other mod in my long list of 200 plugins is affect by change the load order and of course i play more than 1k or 2k diferent mods and i NEVER find a problem in a mod for change the load order in mid play. ONLY that two.

As @DocClox say, change the load order in mid play is the ONLY way for solve some problems in the game.

If that mean start a new game every time probably you never can end a play.

Those mods break because they do not repair their own internally generated links to objects in other mods.  One of the prices you must pay for having Optional mods is that you don't get the automatic fix of the links you made to those Optional mods.

There are two ways to fix that, one is to simply relink to the optional mod every time you use that link (high overhead) the other is to make sure you rebuild any such links on a game load event.

14 hours ago, necrontyr525 said:

They may not be showing because the tattoos are done as Overlays and there is a limit on how many overlays are visible at one time.

Check your SkyrimPrefs.INI file for the values of iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame and iMaxDecalsPerFrame in the [Display] section and also check the values of  uMaxDecals, bDecals, bSkinnedDecals, uMaxSkinDecals, and uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor in the [Decals] section.

Note that blood splatter and the cum from the Cum On Anything mod is also done using decals so figure in the possibility of environmental decals when you adujst any of those.

8 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

They may not be showing because the tattoos are done as Overlays and there is a limit on how many overlays are visible at one time.

good to know! I tweaked my INI files, and I'll try limiting tats on my next playthrough - lost my current one to a mod update breaking something in a save.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm halfway inclined to write a spell that automatically applies a seriel number tat. Possibly based on the PAHE index number, although I could keep a unique number for each new application. Or each new target maybe. probably roll it into the Slaver's Spellbook.

[edit]

On a related note, has anyone considered trying to use something like DevIL to write a SKSE plugin to overlay several DDS files into one? The biggest discouragement to handing out three digit serial numbers is that  it uses overlay slots. But maybe I could composite them all together and then apply the composite.

15 hours ago, DocClox said:

I'm halfway inclined to write a spell that automatically applies a seriel number tat. Possibly based on the PAHE index number, although I could keep a unique number for each new application. Or each new target maybe. probably roll it into the Slaver's Spellbook.

[edit]

On a related note, has anyone considered trying to use something like DevIL to write a SKSE plugin to overlay several DDS files into one? The biggest discouragement to handing out three digit serial numbers is that  it uses overlay slots. But maybe I could composite them all together and then apply the composite.

A three digit serial should only take 30 tats since you need only have 0 through 9 tats for each position in the serial. A four digit serial would add only 10 more tats.

What it WOULD do though is require one tattoo slot for each digit.

DevIL doesn't have DDS support as far as I can tell so you would need a way to covert images to and from DDS but yes a way to manipulate DDS images would be a wonderful SKSE extension since it could be used to create custom textures for use anywhere that game uses textures.  Imagine a mod where you could change the color of an item you are wearing from a color wheel (already possible to change the texture used for an armor but is a change to another existing texture).

What it WOULD do though is require one tattoo slot for each digit.

That's what I mean. There are already digits in one of murfk's packs. it's the number of slots that's the problem :)

DevIL doesn't have DDS support as far as I can tell

I think you'll find it does :) 

Spoiler

devil_dds.png

Also, TexBlend uses DevIL to manipulate texture files.

Imagine a mod where you could change the color of an item you are wearing from a color wheel (already possible to change the texture used for an armor but is a change to another existing texture).

Yeah. The uses would go well beyond tattoos :)

[edit]

I had a bit doodle with Inkscape...

cn_screeny.png

17 hours ago, DocClox said:

That's what I mean. There are already digits in one of murfk's packs. it's the number of slots that's the problem :)

I think you'll find it does :) 

Reveal hidden contents

Also, TexBlend uses DevIL to manipulate texture files.

Yeah. The uses would go well beyond tattoos :)

[edit]

I had a bit doodle with Inkscape...

cn_screeny.png

"Taste and/or Fuck" might make a good alternate caption.  If DevIL does support DDS then you are definitely right, a way to interface to it via SKSE would open some creative possibilities.

Well, it can load and save DDS files. I just can't seem to make it overlay images.

Spoiler

int main()
{
/*
 *	initialise stuff
 */
	ilInit();
	iluInit();
/*
 *	bind a name for the "you are now fucking" texture
 */
	ILuint fucking = 0;
	ilGenImages(1, &fucking);
	ilBindImage(fucking);
	print_errors();
/*
 *	load the image
 */
	std::string path = "images\\you_are_now_fucking.dds";
	ILboolean rc = ilLoadImage((ILstring) path.c_str());
	if (!rc) {
		std::cout << "can't open file '" << path.c_str() << "'" << "\n";
	}
	else {
		std::cout << "file '" << path.c_str() << "' opened OK" << "\n";
	}
	print_errors();
/*
 *	bind a name for the heart texture
 */
	ILuint heart = 0;
	ilGenImages(1, &heart);
	ilBindImage(heart);
	print_errors();
/*
 *	load that
 */
	path = "images\\cunt_heart.dds";
	rc = ilLoadImage((ILstring)path.c_str());
	if (!rc) {
		std::cout << "can't open file '" << path.c_str() << "'" << "\n";
	}
	else {
		std::cout << "file '" << path.c_str() << "' opened OK" << "\n";
	}
	print_errors();
/*
 *	gett the height and width
 */
	ILuint w = ilGetInteger(IL_IMAGE_WIDTH);
	ILuint h = ilGetInteger(IL_IMAGE_HEIGHT);
	print_errors();
/*
 *	enable belnding
 */
	ilEnable(IL_BLIT_BLEND);
	print_errors();
/*
	blit the fucking texture over the heart 
 */
	ilBlit(fucking, heart, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, w, h, 1);
	print_errors();
	if (!rc) {
		std::cout << "overlay failed" << "\n";
	}
	print_errors();
/*
 *	write it out to a new file name
 */
	ilEnable(IL_FILE_OVERWRITE);
	rc = ilSaveImage((ILstring) "images\\compo.dds");
	if (!rc) {
		std::cout << "save failed" << "\n";
	}
	print_errors();
/*
 *	exit status zero
 */
	return 0;
}

I don't suppose anyone can see what I'm doing wrong?

[edit]

Well, there was a mistake in the ilBlit call, but even fixing that, it doesn't work.  If I try with a couple solid color png files it does what I expect. I wish I knew more about image formats...

[edit]

Looks like the DevIL libraries used in TexBlend were modified to better handle alpha blending. So probably, DevIL doesn't do what I need it to do, at least not off the shelf

[edit]

Also it would probably help immensely if I'd used the most recent version of DevIL which seems to have rather better DDS support. How come the github repo never showed up in any of the weekend's many, many googles? I can't believe I missed it all those times.

[edit]

By George, I do believe it's working. Now, if I can call that from the sample SKSE wrapper, and assuming it works as well on 2048x2048 skin textures as it does on 100x100 red and green squares... I might make this sucker work yet.

This could be really good!

[edit]

Spoke too soon! The overlay doesn't overtwrite transparent pixels. Or possibly, it overwrites them, but keeps the source pixels alpha value. Arrgh!

On 2/23/2019 at 12:54 AM, prakhan said:

OK this might have been covered some where but i cant find it. IS there a way yet to use slave tats on sos? is that possible? Why  well pubic hair for one and to match skin overlays Like freckles  .. Just wondering out loud  TIA

I've also been wondering about this. If the moder could add a tattoo slot amounting to SOS support, that would be great. At present, it doesn't handle "schlongs" which makes any effort to create and apply a full body tattoo or custom texture a strictly gendered endeavor. I made a stoneskin tattoo, for example, but it can only be used on a female character on account of the glaring seam and unsupported male genitals. A specific tattoo slot would immediately double the utility of full body art.

Some of the tattoo packs present in the downloads section appear in game in the mcm menu as unrecognized characters (rows of squares). Help?

Also, is there a way to modify my tattoos and preview them without having to keep entering and exiting the MCM menu over and over again?

47 minutes ago, BadBear69! said:

Some of the tattoo packs present in the downloads section appear in game in the mcm menu as unrecognized characters (rows of squares). Help?

Some of them are Chinese translations. They won't render right if you're not set up for that locale. I believe it's just the menus that are translated; I don't think you're missing anything by not installing them.

50 minutes ago, BadBear69! said:

Also, is there a way to modify my tattoos and preview them without having to keep entering and exiting the MCM menu over and over again?

Not really. You can load a body mesh in Blender and use them as textures if you want to know what they're going to look like, but that's a bit of a faff for most purposes.

If you have a selection that you're happy with, The Slaver's Spellbook lets you define a tattoo set that gets applied when you cast one of its spells. That can save a lot of opening and closing of MCM, depending on how you want to use it.

2 hours ago, BadBear69! said:

Además, ¿hay alguna forma de modificar mis tatuajes y obtener una vista previa de ellos sin tener que seguir ingresando y saliendo del menú MCM una y otra vez?

The only way to do it is to use my mod STMM. I did it exactly for that. It allows to see and change the tattoos in the body in free camera and change them by pressing the keys. Check it out.

Hi! AGAIN i seem to have a problem with slavetats not adding npcs nearby to the target list. I managed to fix it a month ago and suddenly the problem returned. I noticed that i had some PSC-files in the skyrim/data/SKSE folder from last time i reinstalled slavetats and i wonder if maybe these files causes the problem i have now. Anyone who knows what these PSC-files and PEX-files are and is it safe to delete them if i reinstall Slavetats and Jcontainers?  I also noticed that slavetats adds two followers that are in another part of skyrim for some reason. And not anyone that are nearby me. 

Any help appreciated! 

psc files are Papyrus Source Code. They are the source files for the game scripts/

Pex files are Papyrus EXecutable files and they're the compiled versions of the psc files.

I'm not sure you should have any of either in your SKSE folder though. Maybe move them to another location just in case and see if that helps. It does sound as if something went wrong with your install at some point,.