16 minutes ago, MagickaGuzzler said:

How would I go about converting armor textures (dark brotherhood) to a slavetat?

Tricky. The armor uses a different UV map to the body models, so you'd need to remap it. I think.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:06 PM, DocClox said:

psc files are Papyrus Source Code. They are the source files for the game scripts/

Pex files are Papyrus EXecutable files and they're the compiled versions of the psc files.

I'm not sure you should have any of either in your SKSE folder though. Maybe move them to another location just in case and see if that helps. It does sound as if something went wrong with your install at some point,.

I see. Thanks for the help! I've literally tried EVERYTHING to fix my problem now. I have cleaned my save file with resaver, reinstalled Jcontainers and slavetats a DOZEN times, tried different versions of jcontainers and slavetats and even copied the Jcontainers plugins to SKSE plugins folder in Skyrim/data/SKSE(like i did last time i managed to fix this issue) but nothing works. I'm nearly giving up on fixing this. I've also searched every forum i can find about this topic and none of the solutions work. I really don't know what to do at this point. it would be MUCH appreciated if anyone knows another solution for fixing this, apart from reinstalling the whole game. I love this mod and it's so frustrating that i can't figure out why slavetats remembers two npcs that aren't even near me and won't add any new targets to the target list.  

14 hours ago, bernt92 said:

I see. Thanks for the help! I've literally tried EVERYTHING to fix my problem now. I have cleaned my save file with resaver, reinstalled Jcontainers and slavetats a DOZEN times, tried different versions of jcontainers and slavetats and even copied the Jcontainers plugins to SKSE plugins folder in Skyrim/data/SKSE(like i did last time i managed to fix this issue) but nothing works. I'm nearly giving up on fixing this. I've also searched every forum i can find about this topic and none of the solutions work. I really don't know what to do at this point. it would be MUCH appreciated if anyone knows another solution for fixing this, apart from reinstalling the whole game. I love this mod and it's so frustrating that i can't figure out why slavetats remembers two npcs that aren't even near me and won't add any new targets to the target list.  

Make a test on a NEW GAME.

Surelly your problem reside in the skse co-save because SlavetTats store their info with JContaines and the JContainers data is stored in the skse co-save. Cleaning the savegame make nothing because ReSaver not clean the skse co-save and install and reinstall make nothing because always read the same bad info from the skse co-save.

Tomorrow i take a look to the source code and try find a solution because this problem affect more players.

So i edit nioverride.ini in netimmerse override and i set the limit to tats to 20 for body but it's maxing out at 12 and can't add more... my character is a whore, 12 is not a suitable number for someone of her repute lol

Also, I searched for all nioverride.ini files in the mod folder and essentially duplicated all the settings just incase one was overriding another. all set to 20

• 2 weeks later...

can someone please guide me to get slavetats to work i bought a new pc i installed skyrim and the 3 dlc hearthfire dragonborn forgot the last 1 only mods i installed is slavetats and its requirements jccontainers racemenu netimmersion overide skse and skyui

the ones i have installed is

jc containers is

• Date uploaded  22 Sep 2016, 8:21PM
  • Version     3.3.0.RC.1

racemenu is     RaceMenu v3-4-5

net immersion overide is     NetImmerse Override v3-4-4

skse is Current classic build 1.7.3: install via steam - installer - 7z archive (readme, whatsnew)

sky ui is     SkyUI_5_1

slavetats isSlaveTats-1.3.0-beta-2.7z

i thought it was the last pc that had the problem but after buyinga new pc just to try to fix slavetats i still have that problem any help would be grately apreciated :)

edit i tryed with and without netimmersion overide but no luck

load order is
    Dawnguard.esm
    Dragonborn.esm
    Hearthfires.esm
    skyUI.esp
    slavetats.esp
    RaceMenu.esp
    RaceMenuPlugin.esp

Hi - I'd love to use your mod but I downloaded and installed through MO2 the main file (1.2.3) and all the tattoo packs.  I have the prerequisites: SKYUI, Racemenu, JContainers, SKSE.  I'm playing SE but it appears this should be compatible.  I ran FNIS (probably unecessarily for this MOD) and let LOOT determine load order.  

When I access the menu, it tells me I have the wrong version of JContainers installed and that it was expecting 3.0 or greater.  I have JContainers SE installed which is version 4.1.8.

I also tried the Beta without luck.

Any suggestions?

Hi - I installed Slavetats 1.2.3 and Jcontainers SE.  SKYUi and SKSE are already installed.  When I open MCM, I get an error that Slavetats was expecting Jcontainers 3 or greater.  Jcontainers SE is 4.1.8.  I tried the JContainers at the link you provided - same error.  

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help and hope I've posted in the right place with the right information.

On 4/19/2019 at 5:54 AM, Durante said:

Is there a way to add slavetats for certain NPC's through Creation kit without having to do it manually in-game?

Yes and it's a lot of work.  You have to set up a custom race for the EACH NPC you want to have different tattoos on and then set the skin textures used by that custom race to a copy of the textures used by that race you copied top make your custom race.  Then you can edit those textures and apply the tattoo textures to them (must have an image program that handles DDS files of course).

OR

You could just use this handy mod: 

I am sure this answer is somewhere in the posts 125+ pages but I cant seem to track on it. 

I have been successfully using SlaveTats for  a bit now and the only in-game bug I cant seem to figure out is why about half of my available tattoo sets are listed on the SlaveTat menu as unreadable boxes. The tats when selected still work fine, but I have a dozen or so tat colections I can use, but cant read what they are.  Is there a fix for this, an ini somewhere I need to tweak? 

Also, which is the preferred method of installing a Tattoo collection? Manually into SlaveTats or using ModManger? Thanks all!

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

is why about half of my available tattoo sets are listed on the SlaveTat menu as unreadable boxes

Chinese translations. The tats are the same, but the names are translated.

8 hours ago, DocClox said:

Chinese translations. The tats are the same, but the names are translated.

Hey Doc... 

Thanks for the answer, it is exactly what I was worried about. Invalid language characters. Can I correct it however?  Something in the JSONs maybe?

11 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I am sure this answer is somewhere in the posts 125+ pages but I cant seem to track on it. 

I have been successfully using SlaveTats for  a bit now and the only in-game bug I cant seem to figure out is why about half of my available tattoo sets are listed on the SlaveTat menu as unreadable boxes. The tats when selected still work fine, but I have a dozen or so tat colections I can use, but cant read what they are.  Is there a fix for this, an ini somewhere I need to tweak? 

Also, which is the preferred method of installing a Tattoo collection? Manually into SlaveTats or using ModManger? Thanks all!

If you don't have a chinese language Skyrim you don't need the Chinese pack at all.  Just use any/all of the others listed on the download page for this mod.  There are other slavetat packages available on LL as well.

11 minutes ago, DocClox said:

Yeah, you could rewrite the JSON files with your own names. That would probably be simplest.

You know where to find them?

2 hours ago, DocClox said:

Yeah, you could rewrite the JSON files with your own names. That would probably be simplest.

You know where to find them?

Yea I'm good with that part. Going to be a bitch and a half to sort out which ones are what. Nothing in any language besides English so it could be something else. I noticed as I removed collections I never used, the menu list shuffled and entries became legible. Almost like there is a menu line item limit. very curious, but workable. 

I believe it's like @karlpaws said - there's nothing in those packs that isn't in the English language ones.

Still, if you want to make sure, I'd probably rename them "pack1", "pack2" and "tat1", "tat2".

Or get something like irfanview and preview the textures with that,

On 5/9/2019 at 11:31 AM, Kodiak said:

Remove the packs with names that end in "CN", those are the Chinese tattoo description versions.

5 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Remove the packs with names that end in "CN", those are the Chinese tattoo description versions.

That is awesome, thank you. It was the problem dead on. I had one compilation that had a CN . Apparently due to its load position it was also overwriting the English version because once i deactivated the CN i had a handful of new tat options pop up that were previously illegible. Very cool, thanks WF. 

• 2 weeks later...

is it safe to downgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.2.3? i ask this because my save got inflicted with the red forehead bug, which i pin down to slavetats because after downgrading from 1.3.0 people said 1.3.0 had issues, It seems to have fixed the issue.

This forum helped me discover the problem after many headaches https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/676804-discolored-forehead/

I got a problem. after fast travelling some of my slavetats "disappeared" if i move really close to my body they are still there but becpme invisible when i am more than a few inches away

and tons of  [Error] Can't parse JSON file at 'DATA/TEXTURES/actors/character/slavetats/basic' at line 1:0 - '[' or '{' expected near end of file messages in the console