I don't know what's going on.  I loaded up my the game that I'd been playing with for the past few days with Slavetats failing to show the tats, and now they are there.  I'm happy they are, but I'd like to know what caused it to fail and then start working again.  The only change I made to my mod configuration was to install the recently patched version of Deviously Helpless.

I have found some ENB settings can cause the tats to vanish. A symptom may be that some water, cobwebs, trap ropes etc will also disappear.

Would anyone with some artistic skill like to make a tattoo for me?

I'd like to use the slavetats API to add a tattoo to the player on the Giant Offering start for this mod.

Something that looks a bit like these:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22526/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/326/?

I've tried various "tribal" tattoos, and they're all pretty sharp-edged. I'd like something more rounded and whorled if possible.

I've contacted those authors to see if I could get permission to use their assets, but no response yet (they've been missing for months, and no guarantee they'll be back any time soon, or that they'll give permission for their assets to be used in a Loverslab mod).

So, just wondering if anyone would like to contribute...?

Maybe something like this:

post-462261-0-34891500-1460865628_thumb.jpg

Body and face tattoo would be nice.

EDIT: Thank you Grine for your wonderful tattoos. :)

I don't know what's going on.  I loaded up my the game that I'd been playing with for the past few days with Slavetats failing to show the tats, and now they are there.  I'm happy they are, but I'd like to know what caused it to fail and then start working again.  The only change I made to my mod configuration was to install the recently patched version of Deviously Helpless.

I have found some ENB settings can cause the tats to vanish. A symptom may be that some water, cobwebs, trap ropes etc will also disappear.

I've been out of town since Friday and haven't been able to investigate this until now.  I tried loading up my game without Deviously Helpless and the tats are still showing.  So you're probably correct about ENB settings, I remember I did tweak some ENB setting but I don't now remember what it was.

When using the simple add function:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(Game.GetPlayer(), "CCAS", "test_tattoo", 15)

The tattoo shows up on the player just fine, but it's still black.

I have two questions (that are basically one question I think):

1. What are the valid color options for the fourth parameter?

2. Can I use simple_add_tattoo to set a glow as well?

The reason it stays black, I think, is either because "15" is not a valid color (since 0 is the default of black, I thought for a minute it might be an integer assignment, but is it RGB?) or because that's the way the .dds is - in fact, manually selecting any color at all remains black, but setting the glow to something else turns it that color.

So is there a way I can use the high-level stuff to make the tattoo blue?

Or, what would be the low-level code to assign a single body tattoo and make it blue?

EDIT: Never mind, it's RGB, not something like black=0, blue=1, green=2, that kind of thing. And Grine's tattoos turn whatever color I set it to, so it's working now.

EDIT: Okay, wait... is it RGB? Passing in 000,076,153 gives me a nice dark blue, as expected, but giving it 000,102,204 doesn't give a lighter blue, it gives a bright green. Am I color blind, or what's going on?

To recap, before my most recent start, I had been using an older version of ENB, an older version of Realvison ENB, and the All in One HDT  body mod version 2.  Slavetats worked fine.

I installed the AIO HDT body V3.3, switched from the SG skin to the HeroeDelyenda Skin (no moles), and Slavetats didn't work (i.e the MCM seemed to work but the tats didn't show up).

I did something (which I unfortunately don't remember) to my ENB settings and the tats started showing up again. 

Since then, I tried uninstalling the Realvision ENB, installing the latest ENB and ENBoost, and installed SweetFX.  The tats I had previously defined showed.

Unsatisfied with SweetFX (I tried 3 different presets), I uninstalled it and installed the latest Realvision ENB, and the tats disappeared again.

I tried reinstalling the AIO HDT body with different selections for the skin, subsurface effects, etc, but nothing I tried brought back the tats.

Has anyone else run into this?  Any advice on ENB settings that might bring back the tats?  Thanks in advance.

I'm interested in making Pixiv-style hentai/lewd-symbol tattoos, but with my weak google-fu I couldn't find any 'transparent' tattoo-only template so I can just cut and paste for slavetat. Can anyone share resources if available, or give tips on drawing one?

Here are some examples of what I'm aiming for:

post-70090-0-54007900-1461386212_thumb.jpg

post-70090-0-36654600-1461386253_thumb.jpg

post-70090-0-10754100-1461386286_thumb.jpg

post-70090-0-73355600-1461386309_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your time.

To recap, before my most recent start, I had been using an older version of ENB, an older version of Realvison ENB, and the All in One HDT  body mod version 2.  Slavetats worked fine.

I installed the AIO HDT body V3.3, switched from the SG skin to the HeroeDelyenda Skin (no moles), and Slavetats didn't work (i.e the MCM seemed to work but the tats didn't show up).

I did something (which I unfortunately don't remember) to my ENB settings and the tats started showing up again. 

Since then, I tried uninstalling the Realvision ENB, installing the latest ENB and ENBoost, and installed SweetFX.  The tats I had previously defined showed.

Unsatisfied with SweetFX (I tried 3 different presets), I uninstalled it and installed the latest Realvision ENB, and the tats disappeared again.

I tried reinstalling the AIO HDT body with different selections for the skin, subsurface effects, etc, but nothing I tried brought back the tats.

Has anyone else run into this?  Any advice on ENB settings that might bring back the tats?  Thanks in advance.

I'm interested as well as I just got my skyrim and AIO HDT Pussy working and I don't even get options in MCM. Slave Tats come up but no options at all.... :-/

I was able to figure out my problems with Slavetats and ENB.  Even though I had anti-aliasing turned off for previous play-throughs (as it should be when using an ENB), somehow this time the setting got changed in my skyrimprefs.ini.  After changing iMultSample to zero, Slavetats started working again.

I'm interested as well as I just got my skyrim and AIO HDT Pussy working and I don't even get options in MCM. Slave Tats come up but no options at all.... :-/

That sounds like a different problem than what I was having.  I sometimes see what I think you're describing, where there's an entry for a mod's MCM menu, but nothing appears when I select it.  In almost all cases it goes away when I exit completely out of the menu, back to the game, and then go back into the MCM.  It usually happens after I've made a change in some other mod's MCM settings, and that mod requires an exit from the menu to finish whatever it was doing.

Other than that, I can only suggest you recheck your installation of Slavetats.

That sounds like a different problem than what I was having.  I sometimes see what I think you're describing, where there's an entry for a mod's MCM menu, but nothing appears when I select it.  In almost all cases it goes away when I exit completely out of the menu, back to the game, and then go back into the MCM.  It usually happens after I've made a change in some other mod's MCM settings, and that mod requires an exit from the menu to finish whatever it was doing.

Other than that, I can only suggest you recheck your installation of Slavetats.

I went outside walked around for a few and now everything is working... :-/

Would somebody be willing to help me? I can't  figure out what i'm doing wrong. I have everything in what looks like should be the right order, but when I get in game nothing shows up, there isn't even an option for these. Is my image size too big? how should I export from GIMP?

Edit: also, for clarification, other packs work fine for me, so it has to be something I did wrong in this one.

Jinx.zip

Would somebody be willing to help me? I can't  figure out what i'm doing wrong. I have everything in what looks like should be the right order, but when I get in game nothing shows up, there isn't even an option for these. Is my image size too big? how should I export from GIMP?

Edit: also, for clarification, other packs work fine for me, so it has to be something I did wrong in this one.

Bad file name. Your Jinx.json file is named Jinx.json.txt, probably because some fucking asshole at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to hide file extensions by default and people forget to unhide them so they don't see simple mistakes like that.

Bad file name. Your Jinx.json file is named Jinx.json.txt, probably because some fucking asshole at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to hide file extensions by default and people forget to unhide them so they don't see simple mistakes like that.

Well Derp. okay. Fixed that, uninstalled, reinstalled, They still don't show up. >.> here's the new file, for reference.

Jinx.zip

Well Derp. okay. Fixed that, uninstalled, reinstalled, They still don't show up. >.> here's the new file, for reference.

I installed that file under Mod Organizer and it worked fine (other than the fact that all the tats are the exact sane DDS file). The tats showed up in the LOL section and looked perfectly ridiculous on my hairy Nord male player.

I installed that file under Mod Organizer and it worked fine (other than the fact that all the tats are the exact sane DDS file). The tats showed up in the LOL section and looked perfectly ridiculous on my hairy Nord male player.

Okay, well, I'll need to figure out how to fix it then, thank you. you said all of them were the same? as in each selection gave you the same set of tats? I can picture a big hairy nord in the tats, it'd be hilarious.

Edit: it might have something to do with NMM, it might not be uninstalling it all the way when I do so and messing me up that way.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe a conflict with Wet Function Redux or Bathing in Skyrim.

You might also check the .ini file (...\Data\SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini)

This is a copy of my nioverride.ini (RaceMenu 3.4.4). It has 12 body slots and the face tats activated (you might get a CTD if you decapitate someone using this)

I uninstalled wet function redux, no effect. disabled bathing in skyrim via MCM still does not work.

EDIT: I give up, im just gonna uninstall slavetats. No point having it in my load order if I cant get it to work.

I've had an issue twice (both yesterday and a few months ago) that may be related to yours and Ixulf's problem.  This is how I have solved it.

Description - at some point (I mistakenly thought it was when Deviously Enslaved started looking for tats a few revs ago - but this latest instance cropped up suddenly in a 40+ hour game that had crashed maybe 4 times with no new mods installed - just appeared seemingly out of nowhere) my game started slowing down massively - eventually crashing, and the log files would have like 40,000 lines of slavetats related stuff - updating my 0.93 to 1.0 even though, at the time, I was using 1.05.

When entering the MCM menu - I could select a body area (body/face/hands/feet), and choose a pack, but the line below would simply NEVER populate with a choice - the game simply would crash before it ever did.  A few months ago the issue I was having was whenever DE would initiate an act, I'd grind to a halt and crash (eventually) during the act.  Back then I fixed it by starting a new game and all was just fine with the exact same mods and load order.

Yesterday when it occurred, I decided to update tats to 1.1.1, and strangely, even after completely deleting the esp, all scripts, etc (but not textures or tats packs) that tats puts in, and save cleaning multiple times - I still had tats!  This made no sense to me!

Looking into it a bit, and thinking back to the prior instance of this, and reading up a bit on racemenu, I think THAT is the issue.  Specifically using /showracemenu to adjust the visuals IN ANY WAY of a tat that Slavetats put on.

I had put only hands tats on my character, and after deleting 1.05 slavetats esp, and cleaning my save, I was still getting 40,000 + lines of slavetats related lines in my log file.  So I installed 1.1.1 and had, roughly, the same issue (thousands of lines in my log file), but I was no longer crashing.  So I opened the MCM and my prior hands tats were listed there.  And I could NOT use the MCM to set them to blank.  In showracemenu they also showed, and the 2nd color option was not default.

I had to use 1.1.1 MCM to add a different tat to all affected slots, and then use MCM to blank those same slots, to finally get rid of the thousands of log lines, and get the tats removed.  I HAD used /showracemenu to alter those tats, and I'm convinced that's the cause of my issues.

Using racemenu 3.4.5 and honestly I had never paid attention to it before, as I'd only installed it because other mods required it (before 3.4.5, the most recent version I have is 2.9.6, and I updated in early december - which is around when I had my first issue with tats-related logspam.

Maybe the tip to go back to 3.4.4 is a good one?  I would recommend NOT using showracemenu to alter tats at all.

you said all of them were the same? as in each selection gave you the same set of tats?

All five .dds files in the download you provided are identical.

okay, I've deleted it off NMM, and I now put in the correct textures, I feel stupid. I'm going to try it out now. here's the file.

Edit: I got it! thank for your help guys! now all I need ta do is finish the stocking for the foot.

Jinx.zip

working on some code for tats removal of a target Or transferal to a new target and i can't find anywhere a definition for rpnodes in this:

;RPNodes.transferNode(original, clone)
;If JContainers.isInstalled() && SlaveTats.Version() != ""
; original.enableAI(false)
; int array = JArray.object()
; JValue.retain(array)
; If !SlaveTats.query_applied_tattoos(original, 0, array)
; int index = JArray.count(array)
; debug.trace("[PAHCore] SlavTats: " + index + " entries")
; if index > 0
; while index > 0
; index -= 1
; SlaveTats.add_tattoo(clone, JArray.getObj(array, index), silent = true)
; endWhile
; SlaveTats.synchronize_tattoos(clone, true)
; EndIf
; JValue.release(array)
; EndIf
;EndIf

its currently commented out as a bug without anything to define rpnodes, but i'd rather fix it proper

any ideas on what's missing from slavetats to define rpnodes would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

I'm having an issue with the SlaveTat mod not showing up under the MCM list. I've download the current file and install/uninstalled via both NMM and MO. However it doesn't work.

So I tried reading through this forum post list to see what the issue could be. From what I have gather so far(after reading someone who posted list of their EPS's) this is the reason why its not working. Is the file missing something at this point from the creator? I would be happy and thankful for any help given

Greetings all,

I'm having an issue with the SlaveTat mod not showing up under the MCM list. I've download the current file and install/uninstalled via both NMM and MO. However it doesn't work.

So I tried reading through this forum post list to see what the issue could be. From what I have gather so far(after reading someone who posted list of their EPS's) this is the reason why its not working. Is the file missing something at this point from the creator? I would be happy and thankful for any help given

The mod shows up fine in the MCM.  Nothing is missing.  What you need to understand is that mods showing up in the MCM can take some time depending on you game's papyrus load.  If you have a heavy script load, it can take some time.  And this is not just with this mod, it is with ANY mod with an MCM.  Some people report mods not showing up for 10+ minutes (and sometimes even longer).  For me, I have never had a mod take longer that 10 SECONDS.  There are some things to help kickstart it.  The is a mod called MCM Kicker on Nexus.  Some people report good results with that.  There is a command you can enter into the console (check the SkyUI Nexus page - it should have the command).  For me, all I do is after starting a game after adding an mod with an MCM, I go into the MCM and leave it immediately (return to game).  I wait about 7-10 seconds, then the note appear in the top saying 'new MCM added'. 

@srayesmanll

I know that mod take time to show in the MCM(I have several mods in mine. some load quick....some take maybe 20sec) I have even walked away from the game while its still running andstill nothing. while skimming though this post I have see 2 people post thier plugin list and both show SLAVETATeps in thier load order. My load order is missing this. this is why I was wonder if the current mod download is missing something. I have check my other mods and they have an EPS file. this download doesnt.

@srayesmanll

I know that mod take time to show in the MCM(I have several mods in mine. some load quick....some take maybe 20sec) I have even walked away from the game while its still running andstill nothing. while skimming though this post I have see 2 people post thier plugin list and both show SLAVETATeps in thier load order. My load order is missing this. this is why I was wonder if the current mod download is missing something. I have check my other mods and they have an EPS file. this download doesnt.

Then you downloaded the wrong file.  Almost all of the downloads in the DL page are tattoo packs that are used with SlaveTat.  You need to download 'SlaveTats-1.1.1.7z'.  It's about halfway down to the page.  DO NOT download the _CN version (unless you are chinese...)