It appears that the latest Slavetats update has broken spell effects. Script-applied tattoos (such as those used in Dibellan Defender) don't seem to be correctly applying their associated magic effects. The tattoo applies, but the linked spell does not.

EDIT: This also seems to affect tattoos applied manually too, not just via script. I can apply all of the Dibellan Defender tattoos (or the Grine Woad from CCAS) and although the tattoos work, the spell effects do not get applied.

I made a post about this here and in the DebDef thread and murfk's already responded to this (for Dibellan Defender) in it's thread - it does need to be updated.  Hopefully murfk will update DebDef soon.  As for the other mods, those mod makers will need to update as well.  Until then, 1.1.1 still works fine (and is still available in the downloads section).

Well, I have a small issue here and I hope someone can assist me in cleaning it up.

I use ECE instead of RaceMenu cuz I like it more, so I ran around investigating how to get tats on my char without using the RaceMenu, found slavetats and I was a happy camper for a couple days. But... now for some reason my tats are CTDing my game whenever I'm in a town (The loading screen freezes or straight up CTD). I'm a straight up noob in this aspect, not a modder, not a scripter. I cleaned my mods with TES5 Edit, Organized my load order and compatibility issues with NMM and LOOT, and yet I can't find the reason why my game is crashing. 

Can anyone help? I can prove info and anything. I hope I'm in the right place to ask for help...  :s  Thanks in advance!

Well, I have a small issue here and I hope someone can assist me in cleaning it up.

I use ECE instead of RaceMenu cuz I like it more, so I ran around investigating how to get tats on my char without using the RaceMenu, found slavetats and I was a happy camper for a couple days. But... now for some reason my tats are CTDing my game whenever I'm in a town (The loading screen freezes or straight up CTD). I'm a straight up noob in this aspect, not a modder, not a scripter. I cleaned my mods with TES5 Edit, Organized my load order and compatibility issues with NMM and LOOT, and yet I can't find the reason why my game is crashing. 

Can anyone help? I can prove info and anything. I hope I'm in the right place to ask for help...  :s  Thanks in advance!

So when you first installed slavetats, you did not CTD?

Can you load the earlier save when you installed slavetats and try to run around without putting on tattoos? Then try just one body tattoo?

Have you enabled papyrus logging or looked at the log to see if anything at the end gives a clue? Since the game crashes it probably won't have time to log anything, but earlier errors might point to a problem.

So when you first installed slavetats, you did not CTD?

Can you load the earlier save when you installed slavetats and try to run around without putting on tattoos? Then try just one body tattoo?

Have you enabled papyrus logging or looked at the log to see if anything at the end gives a clue? Since the game crashes it probably won't have time to log anything, but earlier errors might point to a problem.

Yeah when i first installed it, it didn't CTD, I actually got some tattoos on my character and my follower, and made sure the save was working fine before I actually placed them in my latest save file. Lately it just CTD's whenever I walk outside from Breezehome into Whiterun, or from the field into Whiterun. It's also not 100% of the time, but on random occasions, which of course makes it harder to identify.

I just enable Papyrus logging and I'm gonna try to replicate the error, I'll post it as soon as it comes up. Thanks a lot.  :)

Hello, I seem to be having some issue with slavetats bridge and some of the CCAS starts when they try to add a tat on my character. I have seen other people get this kind of error but no tangible way to fix it has come up. I can manually add tats without any issue, only the automated ways seems to be broken. Both of these errors happened with a new game.

As far as I can tell, simple_add_tattoo requires at minimum 3 arguments. Is there something deeply wrong with the state of my game?

[08/07/2016 - 03:15:21PM] Error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 7, got 6.
stack:
    [alias PlayerAlias on quest SlaveTatsEventsBridge (79000800)].SlaveTatsEventsBridge.OnSimpleAddTattoo() - "SlaveTatsEventsBridge.psc" Line 96
[08/07/2016 - 03:15:21PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6"
stack:
    [alias PlayerAlias on quest SlaveTatsEventsBridge (79000800)].SlaveTatsEventsBridge.OnSimpleAddTattoo() - "SlaveTatsEventsBridge.psc" Line 96
Line 96 is:

added = SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(_form as Actor, _section, _name, _color, _last, _silent)
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:10PM] CCAS starting 90
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:13PM] slaScanner start time is ....1800.443970
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:13PM] Found 0 arousedActors
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:13PM] [Zad]: Set slot mask to [0]: 0
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:13PM] CCAS Quest: 90 Giant Offering
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:13PM] Found 0 nakedActors
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:13PM] slaScanner After getting actors is ....1801.260010, player is naked TRUE, Actor Count 0
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:14PM] slaScanner end time is ....1801.376953
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:14PM] Next update in 120.000000
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:14PM] Error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 7, got 6.
stack:
    [ccas_handler (80005901)].ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901.Fragment_7() - "ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901.psc" Line 500
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:14PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp57"
stack:
    [ccas_handler (80005901)].ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901.Fragment_7() - "ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901.psc" Line 500
[08/07/2016 - 01:58:25PM] CCAS Quest: 90 Giant Offering end
Line 500 is:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(Game.GetPlayer(), "ccas", "Grine Woad", 76153)
; Finds the tattoo with the matching section name and tattoo name, and inks it on
; the target in the specified color. Returns true if successful, otherwise false.
; If you_re planning on adding more than one tattoo at the same time, pass false to the
; "last" parameter for all but the last one.
bool function simple_add_tattoo(Actor target, string section, string name, int color = 0, bool last = true, bool silent = false, float alpha = 1.0) global

I've gotten an error for wrong argument count on functions with generics when the code was compiled for an older version of the code than what is being run before.

Probably not the issue you're having (I have an odd compiling setup), but maybe double check that you're compiling with the same version you're playing with?

OK, it doesn't seem to recognize face tattoos but recognizes all the others.  I checked the files, they are there like the others, but just no face tattoos anywhere including the MCM

Sounds like you need to do a search for NIOveride and find how to edit the INI file that was included with racemenu to prevent CTD when beheaded with facetats.

OK, it doesn't seem to recognize face tattoos but recognizes all the others.  I checked the files, they are there like the others, but just no face tattoos anywhere including the MCM

Won't show them if you can't use them.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25398-slavetats/page-110?do=findComment&comment=1612621 <--- How to enable face tattoos

Thank you so much, I read up on that and that is definitely the issue, although I have 1 more question since i'm bad at this haha

How can I change that value to 1? As it is, it's a zip file that can't be saved. Unpacking it and changing the value that way doesn't seem to recognize the mod anymore.  I use the NMM, btw.

Thank you so much, I read up on that and that is definitely the issue, although I have 1 more question since i'm bad at this haha

How can I change that value to 1? As it is, it's a zip file that can't be saved. Unpacking it and changing the value that way doesn't seem to recognize the mod anymore.  I use the NMM, btw.

The normal way it to change it where NMM installed it to. Otherwise you can unzip the Racemenu mod, change the value then ZIP it back up and then use the newly created zip file for the (re)install.

I use Mod Organizer so for me it was changing it in the folder where MO installed it, I quit using NMM after I finally figured out what I had done wrong the first time I tried MO. I honestly wouldn't touch NMM with a ten foot pole now, once you learn MO you wonder why you took so long.

The normal way it to change it where NMM installed it to. Otherwise you can unzip the Racemenu mod, change the value then ZIP it back up and then use the newly created zip file for the (re)install.

I use Mod Organizer so for me it was changing it in the folder where MO installed it, I quit using NMM after I finally figured out what I had done wrong the first time I tried MO. I honestly wouldn't touch NMM with a ten foot pole now, once you learn MO you wonder why you took so long.

Thanks again!  I have heard about MO being much better.  It's probably just a lazy factor, or just not wanting to run the risk of something getting lost in transferring to MO. Regardless it's working, thank you for the quick response!

Won't show them if you can't use them.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25398-slavetats/page-110?do=findComment&comment=1612621 <--- How to enable face tattoos

Once you unpack the file and change the value, zip it back up again. You should then be able to install it as normal.

Face tats do not appear in the MCM menu, is there something I'm missing or any ideas?

The NIOverride.ini included in RaceMenu (or NIOverride if using the separate mod) has them disabled by default.  This is because there is a known bug where if a character (PC or NPC) is decapitated while have face overlays, the game will CTD.  This is described on the RaceMenu page (or NIOverride) somewhere (may have to dig a bit).  You have to manually turn it on in the NIOverride.ini.  Don't have access to mine right now, but if you are using ModOrganizer, double-click the mod (RM or NIO) and you should see an ini tab.  Look through the ini for something called bFaceOverlays (or something similar).  It is probably set to 0.  Set it to 1 and you should get the face overlays again.  BUT REMEMBER:  With face overlays on, you WILL CTD if your character is decapitated.  I believe killmove mods (Violens?) can remove decaps as an option.

hi it seems like i started very wrong because the tattoos menu doesn't appear at all :blush:  any idea why?

(i have ece jcontainers skyui skse netimmerse override -nioverride.ini already has 1 values all over if that matters)i didnt install racemenu cuz i have ece right do i need that?

Thanks

Edit :nvm solved turned out i downloaded everything besides the god damn slave tats app 1.2.1 itself :lol: