SexoutNG Amra72 Animations Resources for modders

I suppose I lack a subtle eye for detail, but I do not think Roberts looks any better (and maybe not as good) as Breeze, so it is hard for me to imagine an overwhelming demand for this largely unsupported male body apart from Oblivion nostalgia.

I suppose I lack a subtle eye for detail, but I do not think Roberts looks any better (and maybe not as good) as Breeze, so it is hard for me to imagine an overwhelming demand for this largely unsupported male body apart from Oblivion nostalgia.

Not to worry.  Once all of this is said and done I'll make Breeze meshes that use whatever rig and weight the framework does.  If that isn't wanted as part of the framework I'll upload them on my own as replacers.  I already have the base meshes for Type3 ready to go so I can ditch anything Type6 that might be included.  I'll upload those too when the time comes.  ;)

Not to worry.  Once all of this is said and done I'll make Breeze meshes that use whatever rig and weight the framework does.  If that isn't wanted as part of the framework I'll upload them on my own as replacers.  I already have the base meshes for Type3 ready to go so I can ditch anything Type6 that might be included.  I'll upload those too when the time comes.  ;)

Much appreciated from one who already uses much of your work.

And there was much rejoicing!   ^_^

May I ask a simple question?

If there is problems with the bodies, weights, even the meshes..? Can't there be a reverse engineering and combine whatever of the current resources into one body with everything needed and maximum compatibility with FNV / FO3 armors that are out there?  Even if you use parts from different ( free to use or created ) textures, meshes.?

If some thing then needs to be fixed It should be easy to weight paint, or otherwise rig the bodies going forward as needed. With a base functional or semi functional body with the minimum rigging and such that is needed. Individuals like Kendo and others could fix any comedic that are needed. Hell perhaps even send the bodies (Male/ female) out with just the meshes and then have the choice of Wasteland Beauty or Realism textures.

Or Am I just missing some thing here.

If there is problems with the bodies, weights, even the meshes..? Can't there be a reverse engineering and combine whatever of the current resources into one body with everything needed and maximum compatibility with FNV / FO3 armors that are out there?  Even if you use parts from different ( free to use or created ) textures, meshes.?

If some thing then needs to be fixed It should be easy to weight paint, or otherwise rig the bodies going forward as needed. With a base functional or semi functional body with the minimum rigging and such that is needed. Individuals like Kendo and others could fix any comedic that are needed. Hell perhaps even send the bodies (Male/ female) out with just the meshes and then have the choice of Wasteland Beauty or Realism textures.

Ya gotta love those "simple questions":) My head is still spinning trying to figure out the question, and how it suggests something different from what exists now other than leaving texture choices for us users to screw up.  Thankfully, the old hands can likely figure it out.

it can be solved in an easy and brilliant way from someone who works with meshes and skeletons. I think the delay is coming out only to discuss what's the best move to do, cos of Prideslayer's admirable care to compatibility and not forcing users to install a specific asset but leaving them some choice for their taste.

So for example I do a custom body and tell you "ok from today now you MUST use it or everything will clip bad / not animate / whatever you want", and you can answer me "god no, I can't use it with my custom tattoed snake skin it took me two months to work with that and now UV changed etc.etc." just a dumb example but I think discussing these kinds of things is priority before simply doing it and force people to use them.

So for example I do a custom body and tell you "ok from today now you MUST use it or everything will clip bad / not animate / whatever you want", and you can answer me "god no, I can't use it with my custom tattoed snake skin it took me two months to work with that and now UV changed etc.etc."

I :heart: you, A.J.  ^_^

Related:

Although apparently, he calls himself the lizard man.

the_lizard_man_nzfmt.jpg

Manually weight painting is real pain especially with the older blender. newer blender consist now of auto paint, but even then you still want to make manually changes especially around the edges.

I have no idea how advanced gerra weightpaint is but from older version it still required a mesh who was painted then you could copy the weightpaint from 1 mesh to the other. If there is tool that fully weightpaints correctly i would really be interested in this myself. Making my own weightpaint is not really something i want to do anymore.

I have a 'universal' male body.  It puts Brreeze back to the vanilla standard UV so mesh replacers are no longer required for stock armor and DLC content.  The only replacers I made are for outfits that show the feet.  And I already completed all of the content for Honest Hearts (meshes and tribal skin textures).

I've also made a new Bouncing Boob skeleton based on the vanilla FO one.  It works with BNB, Arma's anims and everything vanilla without altering face animations.  It also removes the wrist and neck gaps for Breeze (both my personal version and Breeze/Roberts compatible).  So YES it can be done.

And D_Man has it right.  NO ONE willingly weight paints by hand.  The only time I do custom weights now is to fix crotch areas so the meshes look okay when the toons are sneaking.  Get the mesh weights to that point and they'll look okay for just about everything else.  Outside of the skeletons and meshes I know ZERO/ZED about animations other than adding existing ones to the game.  So if I can make it work with limited knowledge I KNOW animators can address the compatibility issue.

The thing is, prideslayer is going to use the skeletons and body models he wants to use.  End of story.  If I don't like them, I will replace them just liike I did with the Roberts body Amra's anims rely on. 

If for "hand weight a mesh" you mean taking a brush and spit some colour on a mesh, well I know almost everyone do that. I don't know if it's completely different from 3ds but on that they do with the brush etc. just like I do in my Blender 2.49b. Tell me 3ds is a more sophisticated tool, tell me what you want, but the concept and the modus operandi is the same. Still, they do that, by hand. The result is all the lovely meshes you can see across Tamriel (I'm speaking about Skyrim)

Here we're not talking about re-weighting entirely a mesh, weighting so that if a arm moves and we did a mistake on the forearm weight everything goes bad and distorts. We're talking just like what you did Kendo, no much no less: weighting a specific part to add few extra bones for extra animation purposes. It's everything but a pain, it really takes little, it has no weird consequences on vanilla or everything else since vanilla is not affected by extra bones. I did it few days ago for PrideSlayer, just as a proof of concept, it took me... 10 minutes? it wouldn't be an artist work (I would prefer some real artist do that) but still it works fine in game, it works without consequences.

And of course Prideslayer will decide that, the whole discussion comes out after some speech some people had (with him, and me with him too) about the fact that maybe there are ways to increase SO overall quality in terms of animations and possibilities, mere eye candy. So for example if one day people (and Prideslayer) see that a tail could be funny to implement, why not discussing how to implement that? And if you find that it's really a small effort, why don't do that? Really, what's bad in discussing ways to improve SO? The fact the script already works flawless as it is, doesn't mean it can't be improved on other aspects.

What I "want" and am willing to do is simply to make sexout easy to use for modders, but more importantly, to provide as much choice as possible to players, while assuring that everything "just works" in a base install. If a player installs sexout and uses the default body in the data pack (roberts), there should be no incompatibilities with any sexout mod, no alignment problems with animations (gamebryo limitations notwithstanding), and so on.

If they choose a non-default body (breezes, or install their own), then they may have alignment issues that they can correct with astymmas positioning mod. I'm willing to even come up with different default offsets for the two included bodies, although how core is going to detect which one you have installed is an open question right now. I'd rather not ask the user to change some MCM setting that I can (somehow) detect on my own. If someone does the work to send offsets for other bodies, I'll include them, and even the whole body if I have permission.

Animators have a choice when creating animations for use with sexout.

They can use the included sexout default bodies and ask me to include the animations in sexout's fomod, or they can use whatever bodies and other things they like and create their own mod to integrate them with sexout. I don't have the time, energy, or interest to accept any 'half baked' solutions -- where the animator chooses to use whatever meshes and skeletons they want, and leaves it up to me to figure out how to include them in sexout, and come up with workarounds for them if they don't work.

Right now I have this punchlist in front of me:

1. Fix the nude bodysuit mesh in the sexout roberts BSA. I plan to change it to match what's in the file I uploaded here.

2. Redo all the default alignment offsets with both bodies. I will figure out a way to determine which is installed, but however long that takes, I still need the actual alignment values.

3. Get both bodysuits weight painted for the penis, so the penis can be animated.

4. Remove all scaling on all the penis bones in all sexout animations. Gerra gave me a script for this so I can do it quickly.

5. Update the data fomod script so you can choose more details, especially WRT roberts, to choose the default male nude (hard/soft, cut/uncut, briefs/bikini/nude) for normal naked (upperbody.nif) & sex naked (the bodysuit nif).

What I "want" and am willing to do is simply to make sexout easy to use for modders, but more importantly, to provide as much choice as possible to players, while assuring that everything "just works" in a base install.

Yea!!!

5. Update the data fomod script so you can choose more details, especially WRT roberts, to choose the default male nude (hard/soft, cut/uncut, briefs/bikini/nude) for normal naked (upperbody.nif) & sex naked (the bodysuit nif).

Double Yea!!!  Guess I need to start using Roberts now...

I agree completely Pride,

Now with even more standardization and features.. I find it hard to wait for these new features to be implemented... ;) 

Thanks to those that further explained the process a bit more on why it was difficult to get this process working. I knew it was hard based on previous readings of post but didn't know why or how hard. Now I can appreciate all the work that goes into fixing these issues far more than I thought previously possible.. :D I think I might have learned something in the process... lol.

All those like me who have little knowledge of this animation/bodymesh foo need to understand is that the best people for the job are working on it and just need time to nut it out between them  where to send the beer :)

FTFY ;)

All those like me who have little knowledge of this animation/bodymesh foo need to understand is that the best people for the job are working on it and just need time to nut it out between them :)

I have basically no goddamn idea what I'm doing. All I know is that on the one hand I have people prodding me (public and private) to integrate these animations directly with sexout. On the other hand, I have people telling me they don't work / don't align properly and that the 'customized' body meshes are required for them.

I'll gladly do the 1st when the 2nd has been solved, but what it's going to take to actually solve it with the existing animations -- I don't know. For me to include an animation in sexout itself:

- Must 'work' with the default bodies.

- No special actor rotation required.

- No offsets required with default bodies (unless the anim is airborne like cadazor or something).

- No messing with bone scale.

I can fix the 4th myself and sometimes the 1st. It's extra work for me, and doing it might 'mess up' the animation making doing it pointless, so I'd prefer not to.

All those like me who have little knowledge of this animation/bodymesh foo need to understand is that the best people for the job are working on it and just need time to nut it out between them  where to send the beer :)

FTFY ;)

After what they are going through.. I don't think beer will be enough. Hard liquor is what is called for. ;)

bnr_whiskey.jpg

I am getting a headache just trying to understand this process. .. but loving every minute of it.. :D..

- No offsets required with default bodies (unless the anim is airborne like cadazor or something).

Sounds to me like Arma needs to work on his WIP anims so they will be compatible with the frame work.  Once that is done then they could be incorporated into SexOut.  There is no reason for you to take this all on yourself.

No matter what comes after, the framework comes first.  If someone doesn't like the body mods or skeleton or anims used in SexOut then they should make their own that are 100% compatible with the framework you set up.  The brand name 'SexOut' implies content  will work with SexOut.  If it doesn't that's a problem, but it's not your problem.  I fully understand the desire to have Arma's anims as a part of SexOut, but all of this back and forth and retro refitting is really unnecessary, IMO.  It shouldn't fall on you to 'fix' things.

I feel for you, man.

I have basically no goddamn idea what I'm doing. All I know is that on the one hand I have people prodding me (public and private) to integrate these animations directly with sexout. On the other hand, I have people telling me they don't work / don't align properly and that the 'customized' body meshes are required for them.

I'll gladly do the 1st when the 2nd has been solved, but what it's going to take to actually solve it with the existing animations -- I don't know. For me to include an animation in sexout itself:

I can fix the 4th myself and sometimes the 1st. It's extra work for me, and doing it might 'mess up' the animation making doing it pointless, so I'd prefer not to.

Well I fully support you not integrating them if things are not ready to do so. You have plenty of other things on your plate than this headache.

We have 2 lots of animations, the original Sexout standard Male bodymesh and Arma's new requiring a different Male bodymesh. As far as I understand there is no issue with the female bodymesh. If we want 3 actors to engaging in animation together to be aligned we have to eventually agree on a standard Male bodymesh which at the moment is the Sexout one and should remain so unless there's proven to be a flaw with it.

Till then users have to put up with alignment issues with one or the other. We need to put clear warnings to users in the download pages that this is issue that currently can't be resolved.

One of the pushing issues I think is Arma72 has animations that don't currently exist in Sexout and people want those added and may be willing to ignore alignment issues to get them. But if Sexout is set up for them in the random pickers without them being installed bad things will happen.

Well, we'll see where things stand after I'm done getting the sexout body situation straightened out and then realigning the existing animations. It may make things better for Amra's replacers... or it may make them worse. No way to tell, but it obviously needs done. I didn't realize myself that the roberts bodysuit wasn't correct.

When that's done I'll run the bone reset script against all the penis bone scale values in the sexout anims and in Amras and see how things work. I might just reset *all* the bones. There's no reason for any (non-intentional-morph) animations to be messing with scale.

But if Sexout is set up for them in the random pickers without them being installed bad things will happen.

If sexout was changed to use arrays for the random picker (aAnimCowgirl, aAnimMissionary...) then any mod could simply ar_Append to them. Sexout could reset the arrays on game load (in case a mod was disabled), and other mods could include a delay (or check a var) before re-adding.

As an aside, could also add a style variable for sexout calls to use a subset of anims from only 1 array. The SexoutSoliciting random picker works like this.

Just a thought.

I'm in the process of moving the anims to a series of arrays. I've built one that holds them all with some details, and am programmatically building other arrays of just indexes into that one, which the random picker will use in conjunction with MCM. Adding, removing, enabling, disabling will all likely need to be done through UDFs and not direct array access, so sexout can track which mods added which anims.