SexoutNG Amra72 Animations Resources for modders

I see. Well, i'm looking forward to that update. Then i can disable all non amra animations. Hopefully, in the future, there will be enough amra animations to replace all the stock ones, which in turn, would eliminate the not reset syndrome, i presume? :)

That is extremely unlikely.

The mesh Amra is using to animate the males isn't the one everyone else is using, or has used in the past. There was no good (as far as I know) reason to make the changes that changed the penis location. I can't ask the other animators to stop what they're doing and use Amra's mesh for their animations -- frankly, they're using the right ones, it's Amra that should switch to using the 'vanilla' roberts/breezes.

I have no idea just how 'bad' the issue is with the existing animations, this is just what I've heard of the situation. I can't fix it myself, can't force other animators to change, and won't ask them to.

There's basically nothing I can do about all this, myself, short of crossing my fingers and hoping that one way or the other, we settle on a single mesh.

From my perspective, I prefer it to be the roberts included in sexout, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. Different animators using different meshes is almost as bad as if they'd used different skeletons.

I don't understand, since i made animated penis bones too, but never got the reset syndrome when animation ends.

The only thing i can think of is that priority Amra uses in his animations are higher then animations used to reset afterwards. if that is the case then his penis will remain in a fixed position when sex ends, since the end reset animation has no way to prioritize the ending and resetting everything back in the default position.

lot's of animators like to make there animations have a priority of 99 but by doing this will make every other animations mute. I think even default blender will make this when you first initialize the export script i turn this priority to 0 and then export script make default all the bone priority for me. usually do this on most bones to 30 i think. Then if other animations play they have the ability to change my own animations when need be.

I think the best way to fix the animations to make them compatible with the skeleton used by sexout.

Import the old animations in blender with skeleton from sexout then export it again. Then you will have no more problems using Amra and old animations since they both will now use the same penis bones and will know how to align it when the animation plays.

I could make a sample then you can point on how to proceed next. But the easiest way will be this i think. Most of the old animation where never created with a rig so it should not pose any problems to import and export again.

Can someone test my theory out ?? make a backup of the original 603 and replace with the sexout skeleton 603 animations and first play one of Amra animation then try to play 603 after it and see if the penis now points correctly ??

I can;t really test but if this works then it should be simple replace the skeleton with the animation attached to it will make the older once work with the newer once without problems.

btw this is not my animation just one of the original once who where already part of sexout but now with the newer skeleton attached to it.

I know what you mean. But the mesh wouldn't be a problem, if the only sex animations used in the mod, was made by Amra, right?

Yes that's right. If I replaced every animation in sexout with one from Amra (he hasn't made nearly enough, especially WRT to creatures), AND replaced the standard bodies with his modified versions, AND told players "my way or the highway" when it comes to what male body they can use, AND told animators "my way or the highway" when telling them which body to use -- then yes -- that would work.

No way in the hell am I going to do that. If Amra switches to creating animations with the standard Roberts, rather than his modified one, then there's no need for me to do any of it either.

I don't understand, since i made animated penis bones too, but never got the reset syndrome when animation ends.

It could definitely be bone priority in the animations breaking the reset. I didn't even think of that.

I think the best way to fix the animations to make them compatible with the skeleton used by sexout.

It's not the skeleton, that's the same, it's the body meshes. Otherwise, yes. The best way is for him to just start using an unmodified Roberts. He can start today and future animations can be included in sexout. If he feels up to it, he could go re-export the previously created animations with that body as well, after making any adjustments. I realize this last bit would be a lot of work, if he even still has the .blend files used for them.

I know a lot of you guys don't save them for every animation you create.. though why not is completely beyond me. ;)

Can someone test my theory out ?? make a backup of the original 603 and replace with the sexout skeleton 603 animations and first play one of Amra animation then try to play 603 after it and see if the penis now points correctly ??

A bit more instruction please? Should we use amras modified body meshes or not? If not, you'll have to switch to roberts if you are using breezes -- standard breezes penis isn't weight painted.

A bit more instruction please? Should we use amras modified body meshes or not? If not, you'll have to switch to roberts if you are using breezes -- standard breezes penis isn't weight painted.

yes use Amra meshes and see if the animation i modified will now play right after you tried Amra animation. This 603 has the Astyma skeleton so even if Amra animation is played before it this one will now make the penis bend the way it should.

yes use Amra meshes and see if the animation i modified will now play right after you tried Amra animation. This 603 has the Astyma skeleton so even if Amra animation is played before it this one will now make the penis bend the way it should.

I'll try it and report in via PM. I've derailed the thread enough as is. I'm still confused on 'skeleton' though. Amra is, and has been, using astymma's skeleton. Initially it was even included in the download until I asked (on astymma's behalf) for it to be removed.

@prideslayer

I don't think it's a 'derail' to address a very real issue concerning the SexOut framework.  The version of Roberts is problematic from the start.  Favoredsoul made it for a small core of Roberts fans and hardly anyone makes clothing or armor for it.  There is little or no supprt for races and armor added by the DLCs.  Performance-wise it is in no way superior to the Breeze compatible Roberts version or vanilla for that matter.  Essentially, if people want to enjoy Amra's animations they are forced to use body mesh they might not normally use.

The reasonable solution is to use body the SexOut frame work does for anything that relies on the framework.  This goes for anything based on SexOut or any other master framework.  Frameworks are the base, not the anomoly.

I didn't realize that FS' Roberts is a different version until you just spelled it out explicitly. Haven't looked at it since I put it in a BSA for sexout, thought he was the original author. You're right, anyone modding or animating for sexout should be targeting the included sexout resources by default, but it didn't happen here. I didn't recognize the scale of the problem as early as I should have.

Que ce passe t'il ?

Pride j'utilise ces corps pour avoir le plus d'éléments possibles à animer, notamment le sexe masculin.
Plus vous verrez d'élément animer dans le jeu, plus les animations vous semblerons réalistes, Mais
je suis sûr que vous appréciez l'animation en général et que vous l'aviez déjà constaté vous-même.
J'utilise ces corps pour cette raison depuis le début et je ne changerais pas
et je ne demande à personne de changer quoi que ce soit!
Revenir aux corps "Vanilla" serais un pas en arrière, selon moi.
Et surtout n'oubliez pas que mes animations ne sont qu'une alternative vous n'êtes absolument pas obligé de les utilisér.

Je prie les utilisateurs de m'excuser pour les problèmes de compatibilité avec les animations de sexoutNG
(Surtout au niveau du sexe des personnages masculins)
Mais je pense avoir fait assez d'animations pour que cela ne soit pas trop flagrant!

De plus je ne comprends pas le problème avec les corps que j'utilise à part peut-être le corps de breeze
pour lequel j'ai repositionné le pénis, Mais je n'allais pas m'amuser à faire des animations pour chaque type de corps.

Quant à la réinitialisassion de la queue des gars DMan est peut-être dans le vrai j'utilise effectivement un Bone priority de 99
si le probléme viens de là je verrais ce que je peux faire.

Désolé pour Anglais à 2 Euro
Si quelqu'un veux faire une meilleur traduction qu'il ne se gêne pas.

What happens there?

Pride I use these body to have the greatest possible elements to animate, in particular, the male.
more you'll see animate element in the game, you will seem more realistic animations, but
I'm sure you enjoy the animation in general and that you have already found yourself.
I use these bodies for this reason since the beginning and I would not change
I do not ask anyone to change anything!
Back to the body "Vanilla" would be a step backwards to me.
And do not forget that my animations are an alternative you are under no obligation to use them.

I pray users apologize for compatibility issues with animations sexoutNG
(Especially at the sex of male characters)
But I think I have done enough animation to make it not too obvious!

Also I do not understand the problem with the body that I use except maybe the body breeze
for which I repositioned the penis, but I was not going to make animation for every body type.

As for the tail réinitialisassion guys DMAN may be right I actually use a Bone priority 99
if the problem come from there I'll see what I can do.

Sorry for my English
If someone wants to do a better translation that is not shy.

It is not the mesh persee that is the problem. it is the skeleton used combined with priority of the animation when exported that could ultimate cause problems.

Let me explain. When you create an animation with a type of skeleton you need that skeleton or the animation will not work right or use Astyma compatibility to have all the bones available when the animation start. The mesh used in blender is just for animators to have something visible to work with, blender is really flexible you can import any type of of mesh move them to different layers and you will be able to create an animation that is compatible with any body type available for new Vegas. So long you got enough memory available that can handle all that at once.

From what i read from Amra,if he lowers his priority slightly and reset animation priority to 99 will make even Amra animation compatible with older animation from sexout. Then there should not even be problem with older or newer work.

The priority will help with the penis not resetting after the animations, yes.

But there is a mesh problem -- the meshes included are modified, the penis poly's have actually been moved to a different location in the mesh, not just animated. Using one mesh throws off the alignment for animations made using the other mesh.

Cool to see you guys nutting out the issue and we're not expecting any overnight fixes, as the cause of the problem still needs confirmation, unfortunately most of us know little about meshes and animating to help, but yeah the incompatibility issue is the only thing that's kept me from adding Arma's cool stuff :)

I think there has to be *some* kind of fix, yes. Have no clue which one, but maximum compatibility is an important principle to sexout modding. Also, some mods rely on knowing which anims are actually playing, and for that to be reliable, they need to be included in the main system as new entries, not DIY replacers. And of course, these are good-looking anims - it's a crying shame they're not in the system already (not pointing fingers, but this is where we are).

If I replaced every animation in sexout with one from Amra (he hasn't made nearly enough, especially WRT to creatures)

Are creature anims affected? I don't see human penises mattering much there, unless there's a big push for male-human-on-creature anims.

AND told players "my way or the highway" when it comes to what male body they can use, AND told animators "my way or the highway" when telling them which body to use -- then yes -- that would work.

A bit confused here how this relates to the "no weight-painted breeze's" issue - if there still is one.

I think there has to be *some* kind of fix

A fix for the existing ones, to get them to play nice with the pre-existing ones? Doubtful.. maybe though. Going forward, sure. Amra and I are discussing in PM.

If I replaced every animation in sexout with one from Amra (he hasn't made nearly enough, especially WRT to creatures)

Are creature anims affected? I don't see human penises mattering much there, unless there's a big push for male-human-on-creature anims.

No, shouldn't be. Distracted when I wrote that or something, creatures should be fine as-is.

AND told players "my way or the highway" when it comes to what male body they can use, AND told animators "my way or the highway" when telling them which body to use -- then yes -- that would work.

A bit confused here how this relates to the "no weight-painted breeze's" issue - if there still is one.

It's not related to weight painting, it's the repositioning of the actual polys in the mesh. Penis was moved (not animated) compared to normal Roberts, and Breezes was moved to match.

Wouldn't gerra's bone weight copy script work in this case as well? Means copy the weight painting from Robert's to Breeze, so both bodies would have the same prerequisites?!

The painting isn't an issue. Painting for the penis is (nearly) as easy as painting for breasts (making bnb versions of outfits).

I have redone the weights on the base Breeze male mesh to match this version of FS Roberts.  The regig and weight paint works fine.  The 'problem' is the penis positions on the meshes themselves.  The version of FS Roberts Amra uses has the penis close to where the belly button would be on a Breeze/Roberts or a vanilla male mesh.  It is too high on the body to be used with the base animations of SexOut.  Works great for Amra's animations, not for anything else.  I also did the rerig for a Type3 strapon.  Same result, it works great with Arma's anims, not the base anims in the framework.

I understand this FS Roberts version uses the Bip01Penis nodes and bones.  Those nodes/bones are high on the rig and I'm pretty sure that is why Amra moved the penis on the mesh.

As to changing the framework; I think it is unreasonable to assume the framework needs to change so that something that changes the framework can perform to the standard already set.  That's just my opinion.

Amra's animations are awesome.  There is no question about that.  The only 'problem' (if there is one) is using a body model that does not perform with the base framework.

Long shot.. very long shot.. however....

Since the bodies and such can be switched out when sex occurs,

And there is already an example of external animations being called and even checked through Sexout for compatibility (ZAZ)

Couldn't Arma's animations, bodies, and other resources be packed up like ZAZ into an external source independent of the current animations. If someone wants to create mods that require those animations and resources (body switch etc) then they can just make it an requirement and Sexout can check to see if it is there. If so Armas animations can be called . ?

It isn't the ideal solution but it is a suggestion to go forward while the rest of the situation is being resolved. Those animations that follow standard bodies, meshes and such can be added directly to Sexout those that do not can be added to an external resource.

I could possibly treat them as bodysuits for specific animations, yes. I'm not willing to do that though, not "myself". It sets a bad precedent and would also make male chars look entirely different when having sex vs. how they normally look.

If somebody else wants to make such a mod and maintain it until this is resolved, they're more than welcome to do so.

Bodysuits probably isn't good as we'd have to do new Pregnant variations too I think and swapping is messy enough as it is  :)

And someone might want to leave the naughty sleepwear or open outfits on whilst having sex too.

Myself, I'll continue to suffer missing the good animations if they don't conform to the Framework standard.

While I would love to see a fix, I will continue using Amra's animations and "suffer" with the  issue being discussed here until there is one. His animations are just too good for me to want to pass them up.

Same here.

Once Pride puts in the anim checkbox I'll only actually use amra's anims anyay. So the problem won't matter anymore for me.

The mesh problem isn't so bad on Breeze anyway. Which is what I use because Roberts isn't really universally compatible and causes quite a few bad visuals, especially for a TTW user looking at npc's wearing FO3 dlc gear etc...

Then there is the clipping issue with the pipboy which once you have seen cannot be unseen.

(pipboy removers/readius don't work well with TTW)

I use Positioning so much I didn't really see much of a problem, except when

you use a strapon with some of Amra's animations. Some of the non-Amra animations

are actually pretty damn good, but the lack of facial expressions puts them at a

disadvantage when making comparisons. You would be doing yourself a disservice

by discarding them, especially since A.J. came up with an expressions workaround.

I wouldn't mind seeing the stretchy dicks in some of Amra's oral animations get fixed, though,

they poke out the back of my girl's head if I don't use Positioning.

I use Positioning so much I didn't really see much of a problem, except when

you use a strapon with some of Amra's animations. Some of the non-Amra animations

are actually pretty damn good, but the lack of facial expressions puts them at a

disadvantage when making comparisons. You would be doing yourself a disservice

by discarding them, especially since A.J. came up with an expressions workaround.

I wouldn't mind seeing the stretchy dicks in some of Amra's oral animations get fixed, though,

they poke out the back of my girl's head if I don't use Positioning.

Yep, I love SO-Positioning!  I haven't tried it yet, but I've read SO-Bangatron is pretty useful too.  Amra's animations and the other work in all of the SO mods come together pretty well to me.  I do look forward to the feature Prideslayer spoke of being able to choose your animations in SO-NG.