Cool mod. Thanks!

The only thing I miss here is choosing the node to follow for camera (like the whole character instead of his head). There was too much jitter for me during some animations (like running) when I've tried to setup some close-up 3rd person profiles.

Still, works perfect for the 1st person :)

Try increasing camera smoothing and reduce rotation. If you set rotation to 0 and smooting to 100 it uses first person skeleton node.

Try increasing camera smoothing and reduce rotation. If you set rotation to 0 and smooting to 100 it uses first person skeleton node.

I've tried that, but then entire character starts to flicker around during running animations.

My problem mainly persists with Female Animation Pack from nexus. I've managed to found profile setup which completely eliminated flickering / shaking without this pack, but it seems to be impossible while it is installed.

I don't like to play without this animations, so I guess I will have to live with that ;-) The perfect solution in my case would be to enable smoothing to vanilla's third person camera (instead of 1st) as there everything seem to be fine.

I absolutely LOVE this mod, but I just have two slight problems with it.

The first one is that if I check "character turns where you look" and set the "turn angle" to 0, it is impossible to look even slightly left or right while the character is sitting down. This makes sense because in this mode the character's body cannot be turned around at all, which brings me to the second issue, solving which would solve this problem, as well as make turning around while standing in one spot be much more realistic in general.

It would be great if this mod handled body turning the way Minecraft handles it. If you've ever played Minecraft in 3rd person then you probably already know what I'm talking about, but if not, I'll let the following two animated gifs explain it.

In the animations, the red line shows the direction the head is facing and the green line shows the direction the body is facing (looking at the imaginary character from above).

For example, if "character turns where you look" is checked and the "turn angle" is set to 90, what the mod currently does is this:

nDPEKSQ.gif

What I would like to have happen instead (and the way Minecraft handles it), is this:

5B1qUrv.gif

In short, when the head direction goes past the "turn angle", instead of having the direction the body is facing instantly "jump" to the current head direction, it would be great if it turned around along with the head, keeping the angle between the head direction and the body direction at the value of "turn angle". (This would, of course, happen only while standing in one spot and having no weapon drawn. While moving or having a weapon out, the body direction would still follow the head direction directly.)

Would this be possible?

The first one is that if I check "character turns where you look" and set the "turn angle" to 0, it is impossible to look even slightly left or right while the character is sitting down. This makes sense because in this mode the character's body cannot be turned around at all, which brings me to the second issue, solving which would solve this problem, as well as make turning around while standing in one spot be much more realistic in general.

It allowed turning around while sitting with that option in previous versions. Also now if you if you have the turn angle set to anything else than 0, will also turn your character while sitting for example, messing up the alignment with the chair.

It allowed turning around while sitting with that option in previous versions. Also now if you if you have the turn angle set to anything else than 0, will also turn your character while sitting for example, messing up the alignment with the chair.

Interesting, but the reason why I don't want to set the turn angle to anything other than 0 is precisely because of the way body orientation just "jumps" around, like I've described with the gifs. Not just because it seems incredibly unrealistic, but also because whenever that happens the camera always jolts a bit.

Also regarding the lastest version, kill moves don't seem to happen at all now. I do have one profile set to them as vanilal third person, but they simply don't happen. I've even tweaked the probablity with SkyTweak and they happen pretty regularly without IFP active.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest LogicFoxX

Hey, love this idea. I'm having difficulty with it though. I want to delete the face but not the hair. No matter how I swing it, I keep seeing the nose and lips. Also I'd like to smooth it out a bit, but that's not possible without seeing eyeball sockets w/e. I also don't want to delete the custom ningheim race or head meshes, I just to make the face disappear :\

What I like seeing:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

What I don't want to see :(

pic3.jpg

It'd be just nice to remove the face but leave the hair and body with some kind of toggle. 

pic4.jpg

Hey, love this idea. I'm having difficulty with it though. I want to delete the face but not the hair. No matter how I swing it, I keep seeing the nose and lips. Also I'd like to smooth it out a bit, but that's not possible without seeing eyeball sockets w/e. I also don't want to delete the custom ningheim race or head meshes, I just to make the face disappear :\

What I like seeing:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

What I don't want to see :(

pic3.jpg

It'd be just nice to remove the face but leave the hair and body with some kind of toggle. 

pic4.jpg

i have tried to do exacly what you want through a replacer, but just cannot find a way to hide the face and keep the hair... what i did is: i made an itemmod in CK, that replaces my head+hair with just the hair i am currently using. You could call it a wig, but it replaces the head too. You just have to switch the wig mesh every time you change your hairstyle.

Its not a perfect solution, but it works

I even wanted to put it into the IFPV script so that it automaticly equips the item, when i switch into IFPV-mode, but for some reason i cannot compile the source file provided with the mod. other source files work fine so i have no idea what the problem is here, though i did not realy try for too long...

ATM i am using the same hotkey for switching into IFPV and equippint the "wig"

you could try to make something like that, too. at least till someone comes up with a better solution.