I'm not really sure why people are still holding out for JoP. It was a great attempt and I totally respect those folks for giving a shot, but our friend here has completely made it obsolete with IFP. Sure, JoP will hold a special place in my heart for making me yearn for this sort of mod from the beginning, but IFP does it just so much better. I'm almost at the point where I might want more than 10 profiles :) JoP doesn't have any features, implemented or proposed, that aren't already covered and potentially perfected (with the right settings) in the current version of IFP. 

So, I'd like to take this opportunity to give a third unbridled thank you to our lovely mod author for my favorite mod of all time.

Also, this mod uses just the one script to hook into MCM. It means that you can uninstall it and the MCM will hang there empty, but otherwise not gunk up your save. On the plus side, you can throw in the updated version and it goes right back into that spot in a fully updated format (after waiting for a couple script cycles in your game... If you have like a 600ms delay it might take a bit, but most of us have it under 50ms so it finds it rather quick). I've updated this mod for all but one release without problems (I completely missed v1.4 because damn you develop fast!)

This mod is great and I love it, works great for Sexlab which is what was intended for. The first mod that did this was 'Real First Person View', and that is the one that holds a special place in my heart. That mod did exactly what this mod does: placing the camera POV in front of the head and voi là. This one has the advantage that other one didnt have in its early time, which is SkyUI that allows to turn off head shaking and other tweaks to avoid vomits. However in my opinion this is still a (great) workaround with limitations until the release of JoP.

In that case, could you elaborate what the release of JoP would include that is not present in this mod?

Some people seem to be saying this mod is not playable in it's current state, but I quite belief it is, with the right adjustments. The customization of this mod really allows you to use it as much or as less as you'd want.

Well to begin with JoP is trully first person, not 3rd person with the camera placed in front of the eyes, I like that since it means you dont have many compatibility problems with animations (for example in my case Immersive First Person View is not playable since I run 360º animations for the 3rd person and they are not compatible with this mod). Second, you may be able to play with this mod, I tried at certainly you can, but to kill chickens. There's a reason the game designers made the first person not at all realistic, but functional: gameplay. If you're like me, playing at max difficulty, with enhanced ai's, asis, multiple spawns, combat mods, etc. etc., not seeing where your shield is or if you're actually blocking or you even have your weapon unsheathed when surrounded by 10 draugrs that can one shot you its the definition of 'unplayable'. JoP, even its in current buggy beta stage, its somehow better although I dont like it either, but I hope they'll bring the fixed they are promissing. However I dont care and this mod allows you to switch from 'Immersive view' to vanilla first person and that is what I do when Im gonna engage combat or want to loot the ground, etc. But my main personal reason to prefer JoP is compatibility with any 3rd person animation.

Hmm, fair enough about the 3rd person animation issue.

With Archery though, I didn't find JoP's version playable either. With IFPV, I can set archery to use vanilla first person, so that functions just fine that way. Not being able to do things like that is one of the things that turned me away from JoP.

The other thing that turned me away from JoP is all the issues that follow with armor and body mods and that sort of stuff. It took me quite some fiddling to get JoP working properly for me, while IFPV is a lot more intuitive, although still requires a bit of testing out with the settings, but I much prefer that then everything I had to do for JoP.

Then again, I have no clue what kind of improvements the new release will include for JoP, so...

Am i the ONLY one on the god damned internet that cant get this mod to remotely work? I have skse and sky UI installed and the correct versions, have put the Data folder stuff into the Skyrim data folder, and even used NMM to install it, but when i go to mod settings, it's not there. The only clue that this mod works is the lock it does to my up down camera when i walk. Can ANYONE help me?

Do you have any other camera-tweaking mods like Customizable Camera? That's the only thing I can think of so far that would affect this. Be sure to wait long enough in-game for MCM to find it. Can be quite some time (up to 10 minutes on the especially bloated games, but for most only 10ish seconds).

If the MCM isn't showing up, try the console command in the installation. It sounds like you've put a fair bit of legwork into it so I doubt any of the first steps will yield results, jump straight to the console command. 

Do you have any other camera-tweaking mods like Customizable Camera? That's the only thing I can think of so far that would affect this. Be sure to wait long enough in-game for MCM to find it. Can be quite some time (up to 10 minutes on the especially bloated games, but for most only 10ish seconds).

If the MCM isn't showing up, try the console command in the installation. It sounds like you've put a fair bit of legwork into it so I doubt any of the first steps will yield results, jump straight to the console command. 

The console command instillation? how do you do that. and no, i don't have any other camera tweaking mods.

I'll try just waiting in game for a bit to see if MCM picks it up.

Hmm, fair enough about the 3rd person animation issue.

With Archery though, I didn't find JoP's version playable either. With IFPV, I can set archery to use vanilla first person, so that functions just fine that way. Not being able to do things like that is one of the things that turned me away from JoP.

The other thing that turned me away from JoP is all the issues that follow with armor and body mods and that sort of stuff. It took me quite some fiddling to get JoP working properly for me, while IFPV is a lot more intuitive, although still requires a bit of testing out with the settings, but I much prefer that then everything I had to do for JoP.

Then again, I have no clue what kind of improvements the new release will include for JoP, so...

i would like to see is this mod using 2 modes, this one and the vanilla 1st person using the 3rd person body as in the oblivion mod

one for walking, posing and ETC. and the other one for combat

Nope, the waiting didn't work. What's the command console installation?

Oh, I didn't realize that those console commands weren't on this page. Check the nexus page of this mod for the details. Link for ease of access. Beyond that and I'm stumped. Unless maybe you're using a very old version of SKSE?

"If the menu does not appear in MCM make sure you run skse_loader in administrator mode, have the latest SkyUI version and SKSE. Also Skyrim must be updated to last version. The menu name will be "Immersive FP". If the MCM menu still does not appear try waiting a bit. If it still does not appear try saving game and reloading. If menu still does not appear try sleeping 24 hours in game. If menu still does not appear try typing this in console:

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

If menu still does not appear try uninstalling some other mods that use MCM menu, some people say the more mods you have in MCM list the more difficult it will be to appear."

Did all of that, none worked..... I would go back to TJoP, but that doesn't work with the custom race i use very well....or at all....

Well phooey, I'm out of ideas. Sorry, bud. Have you had any trouble installing other mods with MCMs? This is far from the most complicated mod out there (part of what makes it so brilliant), so I can't imagine why you're running into those problems. I suppose we're gonna have to wait for some input from the author when he/she has some time.

Have you considered profile options for hiding the player character's head, hair, and headwear, so that one can have the camera fairly far set back and a short clip distance, without seeing your own unturning head from the inside?

...at least until head-tracking solutions get around to hijacking the PC's look-at target, rather than just transforming the camera. :)

There is nothing more I can do to help beyond the text you copied there. I have never had a problem with MCM so I am only guessing these things. :-/

Anyone know how I can ride a dragon with console commands or such? I wanted to test some camera bug.

I will never make the head turn to where you are looking because there are just too many problems with this. Maybe it can be solved but I don't think it's worth my time. If you ever tried to turn characters head when creating character you will know that you move mouse and then like 1 second later the head is turning where you moved. It doesn't snap to target, same with headtracking. This means either the camera will have super slow looking around or I have to disable rotation from head completely which breaks almost all animations that move character head in special ways like backflip.

...I will never make the head turn to where you are looking because there are just too many problems with this...

Ah, I meant for others to deal with the head-turning, such as the writers of the Vireio Perception stereo injector.

What I meant to suggest on part of IFPW was a profile option to "simply" disable drawing of the PC's head (...or maybe shrink it down to pinpoint size).

There are other mods that do this, you could try those. One of the mods on nexus will make a certain bodypart invisible when wearing an item and you can even wear regular helmet on top of that item when making head invisible. I never tried this myself but that's what I heard on the comments.

There are other mods that do this, you could try those. One of the mods on nexus will make a certain bodypart invisible when wearing an item and you can even wear regular helmet on top of that item when making head invisible. I never tried this myself but that's what I heard on the comments.

try to speak with logic dragon about how he managed to convert the 1st person anims to the 3rd person body

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44337/?

Yeah this mod uses everything that is 3rd person related, all animations that are forced 3rd person both in vanilla (riding horses, sitting, getting up, etc.) or in mods (eating/drinking, warming near a fire, etc.) will be shown in this 'Immersive First Person View', maybe you're running JoP aswell? Cause that mod wasn't capable of what this mod does in that matter...

There is nothing more I can do to help beyond the text you copied there. I have never had a problem with MCM so I am only guessing these things. :-/

Anyone know how I can ride a dragon with console commands or such? I wanted to test some camera bug.

I will never make the head turn to where you are looking because there are just too many problems with this. Maybe it can be solved but I don't think it's worth my time. If you ever tried to turn characters head when creating character you will know that you move mouse and then like 1 second later the head is turning where you moved. It doesn't snap to target, same with headtracking. This means either the camera will have super slow looking around or I have to disable rotation from head completely which breaks almost all animations that move character head in special ways like backflip.

Well phooey, I'm out of ideas. Sorry, bud. Have you had any trouble installing other mods with MCMs? This is far from the most complicated mod out there (part of what makes it so brilliant), so I can't imagine why you're running into those problems. I suppose we're gonna have to wait for some input from the author when he/she has some time.

Thanks anyways. When i have the time i'll uninstall all my mods and see if it works then,

Thanks anyways. When i have the time i'll uninstall all my mods and see if it works then,

*sigh* even that didn't work. Its not any conflicts with my mods, cause i uninstalled em all (besides the required ones) and it still didn't work. Just my damn luck.

Have you thought about making the body turn to face the player view when they reach the limit of the side to side rotation? That's how it's handled in most games. Also, can you add an option to disable the traditional FP view?

This seems like a really great possible solution. Only need to make sure that the invisible head still casts a shadow and you're golden.

*sigh* even that didn't work. Its not any conflicts with my mods, cause i uninstalled em all (besides the required ones) and it still didn't work. Just my damn luck.

I had the same problem and it almost drove me mad.

The final solution for me was to uninstall all mods with an MCM menu and Sky UI. Then load the game and wait 3 days (in game!) and save.

Finally re-enable Sky UI and the mods with MCM (including Immersive First Person View).

Sky UI then then found this mod and all the others. The downside to this is that i had to spend a little time resetting my other mods, but it was worth it.

Hope this helps.