Next version is almost ready, it's not much but few things changed:

• reduce shakiness of default configurations a bit and also remove the looking down when sprinting
  • allow re-enable vats killmoves option
  • add reset all settings to default button
  • move profiles, it's a bit clumsy but it's simple enough, no need to re-create all profiles just to change order of one thing
  • add option to attach camera on someone other than your character, anything that has a skeleton is valid target, combine with some of the mods on this site for interesting results
I would like some of you to test and try to break these new options or see what is wrong.

Something that can cause confusion:

If you move profile somewhere then you will now be looking at a different profile.

Attaching camera on someone else is done with a hotkey and you need to point your crosshair at them, be close (so the name appears) and press hotkey. Press again to return to your character any time. Effect expires if target is unloaded or you change locations. I had a bug where I put camera on someone and then that someone walked away and after a while the camera got weird, there might be a limit on the distance the camera can be from you.

Idle profile is now Profile 14 because few new default profiles have been added.

When camera is on someone else then always the profile "Projecting" is used.

When camera is on someone else then the orientation will be messed up, for that reason no restriction on left / right angle is made on Projecting default profile because otherwise you might not be able to look straight ahead. I think I know why this happens but I don't know how to fix it yet.

firstpersonv18_test.zip

Guest LogicFoxX

I  have tried to do exacly what you want through a replacer, but just cannot find a way to hide the face and keep the hair... what i did is: i made an itemmod in CK, that replaces my head+hair with just the hair i am currently using. You could call it a wig, but it replaces the head too. You just have to switch the wig mesh every time you change your hairstyle.

Its not a perfect solution, but it works

I even wanted to put it into the IFPV script so that it automaticly equips the item, when i switch into IFPV-mode, but for some reason i cannot compile the source file provided with the mod. other source files work fine so i have no idea what the problem is here, though i did not realy try for too long...

ATM i am using the same hotkey for switching into IFPV and equippint the "wig"

you could try to make something like that, too. at least till someone comes up with a better solution.

Yea, I could do this, infact I tried, although I was getting a hard time to get havok to work properly afterwards. I should watch the video that xp linked to, to understand how to incorporate physics into skyrim's hair meshes. What I was hoping for is someone with knowledge in skse to do a script that replaces the player head mesh with another one, if at all possible. Perhaps a command binded to a variable key set with mgm that sets changes the player to a custom race with an invisible headmesh (or lack of one). And then if pressed twice, returns player.setrace <string value of original race stored as another var> to their original race. 

I would like to do it myself, but I don't know skse and busy with two other mods. But looking forward to the next updates :)

i used this mod before i had to do a clean install of skyrim and i loved using it with the dirty mods. it was a lot of fun :D i might install it again since first person view is rested onto my character stomach or neck if i am correct. 

I believe the new 1.8 version is bugged. As soon as I loaded up my save after making the update my game was completely frozen...well, the world around me was, anyway.

My character could blink, I could go into the inventory and equip/unequip things, check my journal and map, MCM menus, and everything else. However, NOTHING in the world was moving. I couldn't move, no animations or idle animations were playing, the clouds and the birds flying overhead weren't moving, as well as the sun. I could spin the camera around myself in 3rd person and fly around in free-cam, for some reason, but time itself had stopped in my game. Simply reverting back to 1.7 just resulted in a CTD. Only reverting back to 1.7 and loading the save prior to that one seemed to get everything working again.

Nothing was entered into or displayed in the console that I could see. I also didn't press any keys prior to this occurring. I literally loaded up my save, and everything was just completely still. But, to answer your question, my hotkey for ImmersiveFP is "C" for 'camera'. Nothing else shares this hotkey in my setup, and I did not press it.

Hmm, try 1.9 beta to see if crash is fixed and to see if it still freezes everything in game.

If you save a game with 1.9 you can't load that save with earlier version later! it will crash. Just test with 1.9 and say if it works.

In 1.9 beta:

maybe fix crash that you had (if crash happened in interior)

maybe fix time frozen? or whatever it is

added option to hide head for profile, also added "reset all to default (hide head)" option

added option to re-enable body fading away in profile

firstpersonv19_test.zip

I tried a bunch of people, and that's what happened: in characters from the third-party mods can not move into - Villja Alicia and others, the characters are going to die or have died (Tolan, Betrid Silver-Blood) and were resurrected code give stable CTD. Heads of other characters do not hide if they move, everything else works fine.

Nope. Time in v1.9 is completely frozen as well. As soon as I loaded up the save everything was exactly the way I described it above. I could do any and everything with regards to menus, equipping stuff, and all that, but my character, all the NPCs around me, and even the fire I was standing next to was completely frozen in time.

Here's the Papyrus log if it helps.

Hmm someone on nexus has same problem with frozen game. I don't know what would cause it or why it happened in 1.8 and not 1.7. What happens if you make a save game without mod installed and then install 1.8? Also see if when you removed mod does it remove the freeze?

Ahh dead NPC, I didn't think of that. I disabled head disappear on other NPC on purpose because if camera is removed from that NPC I may not be able to make the head reappear depending on how camera was removed. Not sure why it wouldn't work for custom NPC, does it work for DLC NPC?

Having CTD's while using this awesome new feature. Also, when NPC moves away from my character, camera somehow stops following it properly and gets stuck wildly shaking somewhere.
Nothing in the logs.

edit: did a couple more runs. Some NPC's work ok. Some are resisting camera magic completely - nothing at all happens when i press a hotkey. Others produce a misplaced camera. If you move around with movement keys at this time, camera starts rumbling all around the place until it collides with other NPC and sticks to him. Weird stuff.
That's with 1.8.

edit2: weird stuff with camera happens when NPC with attached camera moves away from PC's line of sight. Camera collides into an object between PC and NPC, and weird stuff begins.

I'm too afraid to upgrade while I'm in an active playthrough but looking through the posts I think you could cut some stress on the players rig by attaching the leash effect from SD+ (i believe) this would keep viewed npcs from moving to far away. I think some of the problem with ctd might be actors moving to new cells while the game is set to load cells from a point centered on the player. On lower end pc's or pc's running alot of hd textures the forced load of new cells might over stress the system and its ability to keep up, and memory patches can only do so much.

Although I know nothing of how mods work in reality and I am just stating a (what if). The game might not run at all like I am assuming.

Camera position change shouldn't load new cells, when NPC is unloaded the camera returns to player, this happens way before NPC reaches unloaded cell but even if it didn't it would be fine because once there is nothing to display (3D is not loaded) then camera returns.

What causes the crashes is most likely me using functions that are only meant for the player. I tried to remove all such usage in the beta, still waiting for feedback. It could also be something completely unrelated though, it's difficult to say, this mod is created just using 5% guessing how game works and 95% luck. :P

Seeing what the npcs sees is very awesome, even works with the creatures :D

Agree. Though I noted the camera offset can be a bit odd depending on what critter you're observing from. The sabrecat, for example, had a 90 degree orientation offset ( camera starts out on a 270 degree heading vs 0 ) and was positioned far to the rear. I belive the wolf was similar as well.

I havent experienced any crashes so far, but I'm running on an overpowered system and have minimal mods installed compared to many.

Outstanding mod though. Have enjoyed it immensely.

I am interested in a comment that was made in the thread concerning the camera facing the character when an animation starts. Something was mentioned about the actor facing the wrong way or something to that effect.

As an animator, I wasn't aware I could face the actor the wrong way so if you can clarify if possible, I'll try to make sure the animations play nice with this mod. ( I make it a point to smooth out the head movements when I can so a POV scene doesn't give you motion sickness :D )

It shouldn't be a problem if rotation is at 100.

Edit, i meant the animations. The camera view starting off wrong on attaching is because:

camera angle = where your head looks - where your body is facing + where your crosshair looks

But when you switch character then:

camera angle = where other character's head looks - where other character's body is facing + where your crosshair looks

But where your body is facing and where your head looks is almost always the same (and is with rotation 0) so you could say:

camera angle = where your crosshair looks

So if you look straight ahead and another NPC is looking straight at you and you attach your camera to them then you would still look straight ahead from your character's perspective because:

camera angle = other character's head - other character's facing + crosshair look

other character's head - other character's facing is again close to 0 so now you see maybe. :)

This maybe can be fixed if I switch around these rotations a bit or just skip crosshair look but then you couldn't turn and that's bad. Another fix would be just set crosshair look position to NPC facing, but I haven't tried changing crosshair look position manually yet.

Didn't expect to make this edit so long lol.

It shouldn't be a problem if rotation is at 100.

Edit, i meant the animations. The camera view starting off wrong on attaching is because:

camera angle = where your head looks - where your body is facing + where your crosshair looks

But when you switch character then:

camera angle = where other character's head looks - where other character's body is facing + where your crosshair looks

But where your body is facing and where your head looks is almost always the same (and is with rotation 0) so you could say:

camera angle = where your crosshair looks

So if you look straight ahead and another NPC is looking straight at you and you attach your camera to them then you would still look straight ahead from your character's perspective because:

camera angle = other character's head - other character's facing + crosshair look

other character's head - other character's facing is again close to 0 so now you see maybe. :)

This maybe can be fixed if I switch around these rotations a bit or just skip crosshair look but then you couldn't turn and that's bad. Another fix would be just set crosshair look position to NPC facing, but I haven't tried changing crosshair look position manually yet.

Didn't expect to make this edit so long lol.

Heh, no worries.  The crosshair look is a nice update actually.  Definitely try to keep it if you can.  This mod is definitely one of my favorites.  It added some much needed life into Skyrim :D