Guest Jezzy

And then you realize that most rapes aren't violent* because they are committed by acquaintances of the victim.

Which is completely irrelevant here, because in these Skyrim mods it is an attacker who violently forces the PC.

But that's all nice and all when you remember that we're talking about Skyrim where women are treated like cattle (or so you hear, the PC rarely gets treated badly because the writers wants you to be able to do everything you want). A woman who get raped in Skyrim would probably become depressive and suicidal but as the dragonborn ? Not so much.

Gay marriage, female jarls, women with the rank of legate, she-housecarls. I fail to see what you say. This is comparing your apples to oranges.

Sorry if I react harsh, but I just tend to try and cull misconceptions. Perhaps the whole topic derailed though, it was originally about a sobbing .wav playing with an active effect of a few seconds.

I like to call those people that feel for others Batmans, because theyre against cruelty and others feeling bad.

I personally dont like this idea either, I do not feel strongly for emulating one of the worst things that can happen to the female gender.

Inbefore "its just a game" you actually become attached to ingame characters, which is why theres so much fan-art for certain game characters or mods to change serana for skyrim. Aka feelings get involved in a game just like they get involved in a book.

However I would really like to hear the perspective of a person that actually wants a mod like this to happen.

Indeed. The more I think about this kind of mod, the more I'm worried of the realtime consequences. There's always those troubled people who get aroused from this sort of mod and I'd hate to be indirectly responsible for one of them acting on pant up fantasies in real, because they got so whipped up playing it in a game. Such people are on edge and all it takes is the girl next door not returning their love and some frustrations.

I don't think I'll create this mod after all. I'm not sure if that is because I have a bleeding heart or because of my gender, but some things are maybe best left out of this game (such as detailing/refining realistic reactions and consequences concerning rape). I guess I'll have to quote the old phrase: "If you want to play screwed up stuff, go and buy Second Life". It won't be made by my hands I'm afraid, and that's not because it so happns that I won't play it myself, which I won't, but I don't want to create the proverbal spark that gives life to the monster.

Whether you do or dont make it is completely up to you of course but with this logic you wont be able to make weapon mods because of the fear someone may enjoy it so much there might be a related stabbing. Monsters are monsters, all people have a darkside but most temper it with compassion, but acting out pervy stuff on a video game isnt going to make you a rapist if you werent one already

• 1 month later...

Sexual crimes are fueled by the same thing as all crimes... human nature.

It is human nature to crave power and authority, because we are a species of primates and power and authority mean we get the best mates and bear the strongest offspring. It's human nature to be violent and cruel, because these are the ways that evolution has found easiest to exert dominion and ensure survivability. The roles of dominant males and females within a social order have been undermined in the human experience, however, as our societies have strayed further and further away from the origins of our biological nature.

From a purely psychological standpoint, it's actually quite amazing that humans are as capable of restraint as they currently are. When you consider that we as a species are basically overriding our own natural instincts to weed out the weak, breed for superiority, exert personal dominance over our 'tribes' through the use of brute force, and violently seize that which we want from our neighbors the MAJORITY of the time... then the instances where such things happen become much more indicative of symptoms of psychological repression than they do of these 'sickos' being inherently wicked or evil.

They're not evil. There is no such thing, it's an arbitrary term, like 'sin', used to stigmatize those who are 'socially unacceptable'. That's not to say that it's wrong to do so, it's merely to put the matter into context. We obviously can't have rapists and serial murderers simply running around in our cities in this day and age, where so many people can be whipped up into a panic so very easily.

In the long distant past, these individuals would have been the hunters and chieftans of our clans. They would be the warriors who brought back new blood for the tribe. Only the very few... the very small number of broken, anti-social sadists and psychopaths would have had difficulty. But even then, they would not have lived in a society which utterly ostricized them for their violence and brutality. Instead, those who commit acts of violence... even sexual violence... are simply out of place in our modern culture.

To say that that sexual crimes come from a different 'source' than other crimes is not at all unlike saying that murder is fueled by a different source than jaywalking.

An act of rape is a sign of weakness, lack of self controll & low resistance to frustration. It is as degrading for the perpetrator as it is for the victim. There’s no way to sugar coat it, in real life rapists destroy destinies & they should be executed. And you disconsider intelect as a viable weapon.

Guys guys, stop a moment there.

Crying and all sounds nice, until your character is actually in a dungeon surrounded by Draugr. No rational person would go crying next to a bunch of undead after getting raped. You'd run and cry afterwards or something, but not at the scene!

So, what I thought for a long time what would be nice is THIS: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33102

Yes, that's Estrus, and if you've tried it then you know that your character will lie down exhausted and moaning after getting raped. I feel this is what we need to best suit multiple rape situations. It would work for every case of rape in a realistic way. I feel it not only displays the mental trauma like just a sobbing animation would do, but also the physical trauma.

What do you say? I've been considering for ages to implement this, but I am not sure I can find enough time to make it (I have the skills). I, for one, would also rather see it get implemented in the framework by Ashal to keep another small plugin from filling up my load order. I'm at 245 mods...

If you like this idea, then please like my post, so Ashal can see it.

Sorry but screaming and running only after you get raped, that's a bit stupid, that's male thinking. If you're assaulted or attacked, you go hysterical. Few people have such a high urge for survival that they bite their lip through being raped while keeping quiet, with most who do so going through sexual abuse for a longer time, knowing how to survive it. Mostly anyone will break down and go completely irrational, going into shock, you won't get through to them as they shut themselves off in a panic. Biting, kicking, screaming and trying to wrestle free. The victim usually gets beaten up badly before a surival mechanic kicks in where they curl up and zone themselves out, attempting to flee the moment they snap out of it.

Just imagine shouting "GUN!" or "BOMB!" at a large social gathering, people'll probably scream and trample eachother, not walk away in orderly fashion because that is the rational thing to do. Whenever there is a fire at a concert, you always hear people getting trampled because other people panic. It's human nature, they get scared and they do the irrational thing, fighting and fleeing behaviour kicks in, not rational submission. It's why they shake someone who goes into shock, to try and shake them out of it.

If you get raped, you go nuts, because you want out and away. It's not a japanese hentai flick where the victim is surprisingly cooperative, holding to an overly submissive female role. Sorry if that is a harsh reply, but there's zero rational response to something as life altering as being raped.

Well to be fair anyone having a realistic knowledge of what would happen to someone in a period that the closest we can really compare to was 700 odd years ago is fairly unlikely :) (Good TV show called Vikings that's meant to depict Viking culture fairly well and as that's the inspiration for Nord's i think its the closest we can really get) although as i'm male that may be more male thinking.

So to bring it back to game terms with the current alternative to surrending being death and knowing that the bandits you surrender to aren't going to be inviting you to a tea party i think the reaction of any PC would be different to the reactions of someone in real life.

• 2 months later...

I will sugest go beyond, to make a framework that triggers emotional expression on player face or behavior, like the Sims, to build a character that likes the hunt and get boons or not have penalties on the mood if he/her don't do it, to harvest flowers or have flower on inventory makes feel good the character and in case of being depressed use skooma, alcohol, gluttony or anything else according u builded the character to get better, actually i don't use the alcohol at all, even for the frostfall, an emotional framework will solve this topic, just making the being raped a factor that penalties or enhances the mood, depending on each side how u configure or build the inner character, just saying

I'd agree that this is a great idea. As sickening as rape in reality can be, making it semi-realistic (there's no need to go overboard) could make for a great contribution to character development and realism, instead of the current "rape" which just encourages more of it without a second thought. Skyrim is already supposed to have a dark atmosphere, and while its true that the Dragonborn starts out slaughtering people without a shred of remorse (murderers are still people), I'm pretty sure rape still deserves a worse reaction than it has right now, even to a hardcore Dovahkiin warrior. I can see why people would be against it, but the idea isn't entirely bad, with a bit of moderation. 

I will sugest go beyond, to make a framework that triggers emotional expression on player face or behavior, like the Sims, to build a character that likes the hunt and get boons or not have penalties on the mood if he/her don't do it, to harvest flowers or have flower on inventory makes feel good the character and in case of being depressed use skooma, alcohol, gluttony or anything else according u builded the character to get better, actually i don't use the alcohol at all, even for the frostfall, an emotional framework will solve this topic, just making the being raped a factor that penalties or enhances the mood, depending on each side how u configure or build the inner character, just saying

This is a great idea, reaction could be skewed to your characters personality. This would fill a huge void in the game imo....

I think I should speak up here.

I am, in real life, a rape survivor - I have been raped as a child, and as an adult. It was not fun.

But I have had worse experiences which I imagine some people would call "not rape" - much worse experiences. And other people have been raped and had much worse experiences than I.

So I am not claiming to be any kind of expert. But, I am claiming that some of my personal experiences are relevant to this kind of topic.

Anyways, with that out of the way: I do not think anyone can claim to speak for all rape victims. Just because mine were "mild rapes" (and only minor permanent damage) does not mean that other peoples experiences need to match mine.

But... for me, rape has not been my worst experience. I have had much more painful experiences both physically, and emotionally. I imagine that this might be true for other people also.

In fact, I think I would advocate rape as a character building experience - I think all rapists should have a chance to experience it.

Meanwhile, also, I think that if we really want to deal with rape it has to be something people can talk about without getting upset. And I am not sure if that can happen or not. We have too many people interested in preventing fictional treatments of rape and rape related issues.

And, for myself, I often find that things I mean to say on this topic come out sounding wrong, when I read my words. I will probably be embarrassed when I come back and re-read my words here, also.

Still...

I expect that some people will sob during rape, or after. In real life, despair and/or anger seem like likely emotions. 

But some people will not. I cry about other people's problems, but I find that I have difficulty crying about my own. My experiences were bad enough that I go out of my way to avoid repeating the experiences, but objectively speaking the times I have been raped have not been even in my worst 30 experiences. I have had experienced worse injuries - for that matter going to a dentist is worse. I have been through worse humiliations - if humiliations can even be arranged in some kind of nice "better/worse" hierarchy.

But, once again, all rapes are different, and all people are different. So it would be a big mistake to assume that my experiences are like those of many other rape victims.

Unless you count being beaten as a form of rape? I learned at a very early age that when I was being spanked that my parents were looking for me to cry - that is when they would stop. And, perhaps because I had already lost my virginity back then and they were tricked into asking me to respect the person responsible, or maybe just because I was so good at making them angry, or perhaps because my family and social group has a ridiculously high tolerance for pain, I had plenty of practice at crying on demand.

But it's never just one thing, and again I have had far worse experiences. And I have had many many good experiences also.

Nobody's life is perfect, and my life has honestly been pretty nice for me.

I could say a lot more but ... honestly my experiences are really mild when compared with all the other stuff which goes on in the world.

Short version: all rapes are different, and all people are different.

Tried it a little, might be having some issue with Defeat. It seems like there might be conflict between the sobbing starting and ending interrupting animations from Defeat and ending the event. Will try to narrow it down more later.

I asked the right author and he provided.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18950-sexlabutil1-2014-08-10/

You can now have your sobbing after rape animation.  You will have to build a custom action for this mod but he explicitly made it possible and actually has made it possible for you to set up other reactions (not just sobbing) after rape.

What exactly are these animations of rape ? and with what the mods I start ? ^_^

Sexlab Framework of course.

Then add Sexlab Defeat and/or Sexlab Submit for the two major mods.

Beyond that, read the Index thread in the downloads forum.  That's what it's for,

I asked the right author and he provided.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18950-sexlabutil1-2014-08-10/

You can now have your sobbing after rape animation.  You will have to build a custom action for this mod but he explicitly made it possible and actually has made it possible for you to set up other reactions (not just sobbing) after rape.

What exactly are these animations of rape ? and with what the mods I start ? ^_^

Sexlab Framework of course.

Then add Sexlab Defeat and/or Sexlab Submit for the two major mods.

Beyond that, read the Index thread in the downloads forum.  That's what it's for,

Without these two mods installed "Sexlab Defeat and/or Sexlab Submit" not working..? :blush:

and what are the differences between the two mods ?

I did a help on IdleChildCryingStart and found two entries, one for DragonBorn and the other for Dawnguard.  Evidently it's not part of the vanilla game as I had thought.

this IdleChildCrying animation is included in SexLabUtil1 ? ^_^

No, it belongs to Bethesda and comes if you buy the DLCs.  If you have it then you can play it using SexlabUtil1.

I did a help on IdleChildCryingStart and found two entries, one for DragonBorn and the other for Dawnguard.  Evidently it's not part of the vanilla game as I had thought.

this IdleChildCrying animation is included in SexLabUtil1 ? ^_^

No, it belongs to Bethesda and comes if you buy the DLCs.  If you have it then you can play it using SexlabUtil1.

I have Skyrim Legendary Edition, includes all DLCs :)

How do I use the "IdleChildCryingStart" animation with SexlabUtil1 ? ^_^

You have to enable the ini in the SexlabUtil / INI folder

Look for a file called CryAfter.ini.samp

Make a copy for back up then rename one to CryAfter.ini

You can probably adjust some parameters but I didn't mess around with it too much. It should show up on the MCM menu after

I have Skyrim Legendary Edition, includes all DLCs :)

How do I use the "IdleChildCryingStart" animation with SexlabUtil1 ? ^_^

Lateest version of SexLabUtil, has examples of doing stuff like this in it sdocumentation.

In fact it has this animation as one of the examples. I tried, and it does trigger at end of sex, for victims, it is just that I don't have the DLCs, so the animation doesn't play. The actor just stands there doing nothing for the duration.

And sinc eit is not a big thing to type in, here you go.

After you instal SexLabUtil, go to Skyrim/Data/INI

In there you'll need to create an ini file using notepad.

Or use the .samp file that Util gives as an example.

In either case all you need to do is put the following in the file and nothing else.

[Main]

Name=Spell: Crying

Page=1

Type=cmd

Id=321

Cmd=sae:IdleChildCryingStart+wait:30+sae:IdleForceDefaultState

The Id, must be unique. It can be a different number, over 256 and less than 1000 I believe. This basically gives you 30 seconds of crying.

Then in game go to MCM open Util and go to After Sex effects.

There, in the effects you will see an option "Spell: Crying" or Spell:whatever you named the ini file. That is it. As default from the above the animation plays for 30 seconds. You can change that to what you like.

Archived